Options

Ace Com[chat]

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    but winky, is dog real?

the better question is, why does dog fetch?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    damn winky

that was :) thank you

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Gator wrote: »
    Finnish girl can really hold her liquor

I warned you bro.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    helicopters are terrifying. Like...the way they operate in general just seems like a terrible idea

I remember on trutv or something seeing a helicopter that stayed in one place for too long and just fell out of the sky

the guy said it chopped through all the air???????

I never really found a way that it made sense for me but I watched it and everything on tv is true so

This is exactly how fan death works.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    vW6vl5O.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    FAN DEATH

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    that is a wall of text about real serious topics up at the top of the page

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    helicopters are terrifying. Like...the way they operate in general just seems like a terrible idea

They are right up there with small planes on my "lol, no, I'll drive kkthx" list.

I'd rather be in a small plane that mostly follows the rules of aerodynamics than a flying brick attached to to some jet turbines that forces the rules of aerodynamics to apply to it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    From what my wife says of her time dealing with airlines. They seem to be pretty good about bending over backwards for people who's money they've already taken. She's said the service at Southwest has been especially good.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious that was sublime

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I heard Landshark was actually born to five virgin mothers standing ringed around a great oak in a terrible thunderstorm; when the lightning clove its trunk they all felt a movement and he emerged pink and new from the smoke and char between them, and all the women in the villages nearby had twins that year for the air was heavy with procreative purpose

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    From what my wife says of her time dealing with airlines. They seem to be pretty good about bending over backwards for people who's money they've already taken. She's said the service at Southwest has been especially good.

man FUCK southwest.

• Options
    C'mon people we're better than this, we need to up our "Butts" and dick jokes quota. Geth demands it.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

I remember on trutv or something seeing a helicopter that stayed in one place for too long and just fell out of the sky

I never really found a way that it made sense for me but I watched it and everything on tv is true so

Called vortex ring state. Not a good look.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

They are right up there with small planes on my "lol, no, I'll drive kkthx" list.

I'd rather be in a small plane that mostly follows the rules of aerodynamics than a flying brick attached to to some jet turbines that forces the rules of aerodynamics to apply to it.

Well when you put it that way, fuck small planes. Mother Nature is a jerk, don't let her fly your plane!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    DUE, i want to hear about your doomsday party

Oh uh I thought I sent you a PM saying I didn't go?

nope, you bum

Yeah man. You ever like get the feel that something is trying too hard instead of just existing organically ? There was like this forced impetus for it to be a wild party.

Girl I'm all wacky for and I were deep in a conversation about the nature of things and it just kind of hit me that I was going just because I felt like I should be going for the spectacle but not because I actually wanted anything to do with it. That ain't right ya know?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Everyone I've ever known who actually died in a plane crash died in a small plane.

They are statistically less safe than passenger jets as well.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    C'mon people we're better than this, we need to up our "Butts" and dick jokes quota. Geth demands it.

I can't make another joke today, I'm afraid

it'd be like making a sequel to Casablanca

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Winky you should check out that ontological relativity paper by Quine that rocknrnger posted during that discussion if you want to further examine the building of a web of belief from unjustifiable assumptions and the limitations of calling things valid experiences by the simple fact that they can be explained by an overarching interpretive framework

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Called vortex ring state. Not a good look.

g99ec7u4gca1.jpg

Oh noooooo-

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Well when you put it that way, fuck small planes. Mother Nature is a jerk, don't let her fly your plane!

Truth. The clear answer is "I want to be surrounded by as much tech as possible when challenging nature's status quo".

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

man FUCK southwest.

im surprised you hate them cuz I've had to fly a lot over the years and they are near the top of my list. jet blue at the very top i think.

spirit is way the fuck down in its own sex dungeon except there's no sex only alligators

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Gator wrote: »
    Finnish girl can really hold her liquor

Well, of course. She is Finnish, after all.

sig.gif
  • Options

man FUCK southwest.

im surprised you hate them cuz I've had to fly a lot over the years and they are near the top of my list. jet blue at the very top i think.

spirit is way the fuck down in its own sex dungeon except there's no sex only alligators

I would die for jet blue

southwest just makes me pray for death

• Options

I can't make another joke today, I'm afraid

it'd be like making a sequel to Casablanca

It's ok Lud, you generated enough lulz to run Manhattan for a year.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

man FUCK southwest.

@Gator

• Options
    it looks unpleasant out so I am considering ordering delivery for the first time in- months I think? Actually I don't think I've ever ordered delivery since leaving puppies', only takeout. I have no idea who delivers here.

• Options

Everyone I've ever known who actually died in a plane crash died in a small plane.

Generally because the pilot is either an idiot, or the maintenance on it was lackluster.

Think of the average person on the road, now imagine it cost them tens of thousands a year to upkeep that vehicle. Now imagine there's really no rules or regulations on it, not near as stringent as it is on big trucks.

Yeah they're more safe, but when something goes wrong, you have more of a chance to survive in the little plane. But yeah, less things going wrong is good.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Winky you should check out that ontological relativity paper by Quine that rocknrnger posted during that discussion if you want to further examine the building of a web of belief from unjustifiable assumptions and the limitations of calling things valid experiences by the simple fact that they can be explained by an overarching specific explanatory framework

Lord Harshbuzz deploys his cavalry

• Options
    like my uncle died because him and his friend decided to fly through the Adirondacks during heavy overcasts and shit

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

they are less safe due to being flown by far less experienced and/or competent pilots with less rigorous maintenance routines etc.

i think everything else being equal a small plane would be safer. you can glide in to a landing on any prop plane at a very slow speed (the ones i flew the stall speed was like 40 mph i think). im p sure a jet plane stalls without engine power. haven't really researched it or anything just my gut impression.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I uh, have no real problems with any of the domestic American carriers

I have flown internationally a whole whole lot but domestically only half a dozen-ish round trips? One on delta, three on jet blue, one on southwest, one on AA. Everything went fine.

Organichu on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Schedule has worked perfecrly today. Got a job done, then got back just in time to get my doctor appointment in time.

My life is exciting, you see.

• Options
    real talk tho, I don't like southwest because their seats are just a bit too small. Like even at my lightest, I was pretty uncomfortable in those seats. I just think southwest isn't made for chubby bridge trolls

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    it looks unpleasant out so I am considering ordering delivery for the first time in- months I think? Actually I don't think I've ever ordered delivery since leaving puppies', only takeout. I have no idea who delivers here.

Oh shit you are in FoCo right?

PP Doughs or something like that. Stoner Calzones. Also they have the best chocolate chip cookies.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Had a birthday chippy

Now I have the farts

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i will make one serious post on the topic

i am a little irked by the hostility toward religion by this community

i say this as someone who is not religious in any capacity

but every time the topic comes out there are a few reactions that are extremely hostile

like anything to do with religion in any way is invalid because we are the enlightened stem cult or something

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Here, let me help you with that fear. There is a concept called tip jets that will periodically be reintroduced to helicopters. What you do is strap a rocket engine to the tip of each rotor and let that create speed. Reduces the torque effects. But it eliminates autorotation. Autorotation is idea that as a helicopter's engine goes out, the blades will keep spinning because of aerodynamics. Thus allowing you to fall gracefully out of the sky and not all die. Tip jets eliminate this.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    DUE, i want to hear about your doomsday party

Oh uh I thought I sent you a PM saying I didn't go?

nope, you bum

Yeah man. You ever like get the feel that something is trying too hard instead of just existing organically ? There was like this forced impetus for it to be a wild party.

Girl I'm all wacky for and I were deep in a conversation about the nature of things and it just kind of hit me that I was going just because I felt like I should be going for the spectacle but not because I actually wanted anything to do with it. That ain't right ya know?

i don't really follow what you said exactly but it sounds like

you didn't want to go, but felt like you should go because of FOMO

• Options
    real talk tho, I don't like southwest because their seats are just a bit too small. Like even at my lightest, I was pretty uncomfortable in those seats. I just think southwest isn't made for chubby bridge trolls

Wait you mean you're not a raccoon

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

This discussion has been closed.