As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Archer: *Now* it's done

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    I assumed it was also a reference to Lois and Clark, the 90's Superman show, and Ray thinking he had just gone with that instead of Lewis and Clark, the explorers.

And then realizing that no, he was making a gay joke. Or a joke about Cyrill being a woman.

Was that what that was supposed to be? I thought it was a joke about him mispronouncing it, but actually having said it correctly or something.

Also speculation from this episode;
    More evidence of him being a cyborg? Drinking all that germicide and not dying.

• Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice how amazing some of the artwork has been this season, especially the wide scenery shots?

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    REALLY weak episode. I mean what was the point of the history lesson in the car? It all honestly felt like set-up for the final gag before the credits.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    REALLY weak episode. I mean what was the point of the history lesson in the car? It all honestly felt like set-up for the final gag before the credits.

I have to assume all the plots are building to some big finale where they intermingle.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GhotiGhoti Registered User regular
    It felt to me that the Kreiger events were more the foundational concept for the episode and that they just needed a way to get Archer and Lana out of the office. That and
    to serve up the break in their relationship

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I kinda wish Archer and Lana would get their act together.
    They fit together quite well, but Archer's playboyishness and Lana's unilateral parenting is really doing a number on their trust.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    My biggest problem with them being together is that it makes Archer's projection of his not being over her in earlier seasons less projection, and more he had a point.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mallory being immune to mind control drugs is both awesome and subtly tragic

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

but she wasn't :P

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »

but she wasn't :P

Maybe she was
    I thought the implication at the end of the episode was Kreiger used the Mallorybot in place of actual Mallory, and just lied to Ray.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    She definitely was. That was the point of the last scene.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, like...
    It is a robot archer in the pool, right?

A robot Archer that Archer probably kills in some cathartic moment?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    So, like...

It's very likely yeah

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    So, like...

Or

It's real Archer and he will be seamlessly replaced by robot Archer, thus fulfilling his fourth greatest fear.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    So, like...

Or

It's real Archer and he will be seamlessly replaced by robot Archer, thus fulfilling his fourth greatest fear.

I figure it'll be like it is with Krieger.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    It's robot Archer.

Or someone in an Archer mask.

Or that waiter who looks like Archer.

Or the Longwater theory pans out and it's Archer breathing under water.

Or another thing.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Maybe Archer is dead?

• Options
    Well that's just ridiculous.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maybe Archer is dead and he's replaced with his robot duplicate from now on.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, that much germicide would kill a normal man after all...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Dammit, this would've been a perfect time to have
    Cyborg Barry V. Robot Archer

Thus, fulfilling one of Dr. Kriger's favorite hobbies and Archer's fears.

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »

People would flip the fuck out.

• Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Golden Yak wrote: »

I would like it if they left it ambiguous, so we never know for sure if it's the real one or a replica.

notdroid on
  • Options
    Krieger, Archer, eventually the show might or might not have replaced the original cast entirely.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Krieger, Archer, eventually the show might or might not have replaced the original cast entirely.

how do we know they haven't already?

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

how do we know they haven't already?
    “There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    So....what the hell is a CDL anyway?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Season finale next week already.

This has been a really good season overall. I can't believe it's over already. Just seemed to fly by.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Wow already? Also what was the awkward bit at the end about? I didnt get it.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, this season has been the best since, 4, I think? Whichever one was pre-Vice. The detective agency conceit has been the first one that has worked overall post-Isis.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Wow already? Also what was the awkward bit at the end about? I didnt get it.
    When she left Archer she was very insistent that it was almost three and now that she calls back to that to have Archer as her alibi he probably realizes that he doesn't know what time it actually was.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Tempted to rewatch to see if there's any clues as to the time.

Or to see if Krieger is skulking around in the background.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Super out-there theory:

There's more than one Veronica Deane.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

I only noticed him once so will now have to rewatch.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular

In the earliest on-set scene, Krieger is dressed as a police officer and wanders by in the background. I was half-heartedly looking for him after that, but didn't see him until he was back in his regular get-up.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    An internet person said they spotted him at least 3 times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    This season has been excellent in the comedy department. That said, I'm kinda disappointed in both Lana and Archer character-wise.

One, Lana, because she knows exactly who Archer is, and still decided she wanted to raise a child with a man addicted to instant sexual gratification (with strangers). Then, when said habit rears its ugly head again, she blows up and calls a 'break'. Might as well have gone with an open relationship from the start. Jesus Christ, Archer is a goddamned manchild and an emotional mess. He is not a family man.

And I'm disappointed in Archer not even trying to change who he is and how he behaves. I understand that Lana's basically infatuated with him, and in an unsettling way considering AJ's conception, but god damn, he said he loved the woman. He needs to either take up a wanking habit, or something else to quit thinking with his dick. For the baby's sake, if not Lana's or his own.

So far there hasn't been any development, just regression. I suppose it was inevitable, but a man can hope.

Warcry on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you can be in love with someone and they can still be no good for you to actually be in a relationship with. It's a tough realization that, realistically, Lana would have to come to. Really, that entire group is the worst. Carol should be in a mental ward, and Lana, Cyril and Pam would benefit from just cutting everyone loose and going somewhere else to start new lives.

Actually, I really wanted Archer and Pam to get more serious, since they're both gross hedonists and superhumanly-capable badasses, so they're pretty much perfect for each other.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Also Pam is best.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Also Vice Pam is best.
    FTFY