As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Archer: *Now* it's done

1161718192022»

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Okay, now there's no more Archer.

And yes, this one had much better finale energy.

I enjoyed it. Arc payoffs for all the characters.
    A little bummed at no mention of Mallory.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    so did you learn who Archer's dad is?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    His real dad was the friends he made along the way.
    I haven't seen it yet.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

There was! At the end Lana said she was sure Mallory would be proud of all of them.
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    so did you learn who Archer's dad is?
    Nope! Teased with it by the villain in fact. But Archer is cool with not knowing.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    my memory's fuzzy but didn't one of the previous seasons all but confirm
    it was woodhouse?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

There was! At the end Lana said she was sure Mallory would be proud of all of them.

I don't remember that...but cool if so.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I couldn't care less about anything more about Mallory, to be honest. I was pretty tired of the character by the time she left the show, she was more of a threat to the team than virtually anybody else and the whole "openly racist elitist shitbag" angle got real old after like... the third season. She was also more of a villain than half of the actual villains we see, and was overall basically just a straight-up monster who brought nothing into the world but misery, pain, and death, much of it just to line her own pockets or for her own satisfaction. The one time she even seems halfway personally motivated about something, it turns out she was putting it off for years because the fascist piece of shit she murdered only recently got weird with sex.

Archer is pretty fucked up as a person but it's honestly amazing he turned out as close to being a human as he did, considering he was raised by an inhuman avatar of greed. Which really only happened because he was effectively abandoned by his mother so Woodhouse could raise him.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    just like Cheryl's gypsy woman said

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    She didn’t “leave the show”.

Jessica Walter died.

Wanting something Mallory related in the finale is more about paying respect to the Walters’ work as Mallory and Ron than Mallory as a character specifically.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    She didn’t “leave the show”.

Jessica Walter died.

Wanting something Mallory related in the finale is more about paying respect to the Walters’ work as Mallory and Ron than Mallory as a character specifically.

Yeah, Mallory was an exquisite piece of shit (though arguably only marginally worse than Cheryl or Archer himself), but Jessica Walter was iconic in the role, and the show lost a lot of comedic oomph without her in that role.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I've not watched the finale yet but I'm pretty sure word of Adam Reed from yeeeears ago was that Archer's dad was
    Jakov, the KGB guy who died in Season 3.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The first 3 or 4 seasons of Archer are some of the funniest TV i have ever seen and i can damn near quote every episode. Never watched any of the dream stuff though. Might watch this last season and the finale but it was pretty obvious the show needed to end a long time ago in my opinion.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    furlion wrote: »
    The first 3 or 4 seasons of Archer are some of the funniest TV i have ever seen and i can damn near quote every episode. Never watched any of the dream stuff though. Might watch this last season and the finale but it was pretty obvious the show needed to end a long time ago in my opinion.

the Archer Noir season was imo as good if not better than any other season

I'd give it .... I don't know .... a 4?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

the Archer Noir season was imo as good if not better than any other season

I'd give it .... I don't know .... a 4?

Hmmm i might check that one out then. I actually am do for a rewatch anyways.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Obviously RAMPAGE! is a favorite, but this is hands down my favorite clip from the non-coma years (I personally loved the coma years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfoPa6TbeQ

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Every season spent in coma dream was just a huge fucking waste to me. The setups were fine enough, but it's all... coma dream. Nothing is happening to any of the characters, not even really Archer. And they've got a crazed mad scientist right there, just set it up so that he's built some fucky time machine bouncing them around time and space. It makes as much sense as years of coma dream and it's not like the show hews towards the realistic anyway, especially given that it's done a shrinking episode.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I don't think Archer has a single bad season or ever drops off, including the coma seasons, but I do think they were kind of a waste of time. If that makes sense.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I don't think Archer has a single bad season or ever drops off, including the coma seasons, but I do think they were kind of a waste of time. If that makes sense.

yeah, the coma seasons are fine. i feel like they were done to keep the show going as the spy thing had gotten pretty stale by then.

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

yeah, the coma seasons are fine. i feel like they were done to keep the show going as the spy thing had gotten pretty stale by then.

I think the spy thing was fine and they just had to get out from under some unfortunate naming, but sticking with the detective agency for at least a few seasons would've been infinitely preferably to coma dream. Offered plenty of potential for shenanigans with a different set of rules while they try to operate a legal business with Archer slowly going mad as he tries to deal with a job that actually tracks his time and whatnot.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I think the coma seasons would feel much better for the pacing of ‘Archer sorts some stuff out in his head and the world forgets him’ if it was one or two seasons.

But also I’m not sure which one I’d drop because they’re all having fun and enjoyable.

• Options
    the space one was easily the weakest one aside from Cheryl parts

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

I liked the one with the living bomb who wanted to explode.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
  • Options

I liked the one with the living bomb who wanted to explode.

the one where they were trapped in the space squid was good too

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    The space eggs one was also pretty good, and had one of my favorite Brett jokes at the end.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!