As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone go play Firewatch [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shopping in Costco is overwhelming. I am uh, a renowned wanderer

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    *animes relentlessly all over chat*

I'm pretty sure with a Venture Brothers avatar they wouldn't even let you past the 1st tentacle barrier at animu HQ.

I dunno... Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is an inappropriately-sexualized cartoon waifu. It probably checks out

I am not a Venture bros. expert but I am going to have to state that the voice of that character utterly disqualifies her as an animu.

Like.

Sorry, no. Animu girls moan and titter in grating high pitched tones non-stop. That's what they do.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Great, yet another game everyone is splooshing over, but I can't play because it's download only.

just take your computer to a public library

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    excuse me no I just need to update my steam library and I'll be on my way YOU SHHH MA'AM

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Great, yet another game everyone is splooshing over, but I can't play because it's download only.

Or take a public library to your computer

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My brain is all fuzzy right now.

After ten months of going in a million directions I finally have a pretty solid path to work with.

I still have a whole bunch of ambitions, but I can funnel them now and work with more of a structure.

It's like having a busy train station and all the sudden half the trains are no longer needed and I have to get them off the tracks so that the remaining can get to their destinations that much more efficiently.

Quick someone send me a Japanese cat with an adorable hat.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Not sure if serious

Don't have a computer, just a PS4, and home internet is poop from a butt.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

utilize free samples to keep your strength up and add $100 to the mental tally of how much stuff you've mindlessly tossed in your cart

• Options

Not sure if serious

not serious

but maybe?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Alright, time to stream some xcom 2 benny hill mayhem. I ate my ice cream sandwich, I showered, I got 4 oz of high quality bourbon.

twitch.tv/onthelastcastle

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Not sure if serious

Well I mean if you can get them to let you plug the screen in..

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

2 lub block of cheddar $5!
    4 pack premio sausages
    shit ton of freezer chicken
    25 lub bag of basamati

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I feel asleep while watching Fringe. Nightmare inception!

• Options
    fuck it apparently was not the power supply

guess I have to buy a new motherboard ffffffffff

is MSI a notoriously shit brand or did I just get unlucky?

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    here are a couple pictures i just took a few seconds ago from my office chat

SxUTUqZ.jpg

pZ9FdxN.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hmm

This pasta alla puttanesca is missing something

Something that's in store bought sauces but isn't mere tomato

Hrm

that would be preservatives and sub-optimal ingredients

also maybe non-alcoholic red wine facsimile

Maybe, but I think it's a thing it should have

The red wine might be it

• Options
    What if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles became actual ninjas and just started killing people for money?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    So last time I was playing XCOM was on my husband's desktop, and I did not realize it is an enormous game that would take hours to download, and for a second night in a row I think I am not going to be able to play it...
    Well, I could cancel my Tuesday Night League commitment in 20 minutes, but that seems mean. Well. Hopefully they'll have 11-12 players and I can go play XCOM instead.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Alright, time to stream some xcom 2 benny hill mayhem. I ate my ice cream sandwich, I showered, I got 4 oz of high quality bourbon.

twitch.tv/onthelastcastle

What kind

What kind, tho

What kind

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    hm

what reasons could there be for one specific website not loading on my home internet

other sites load fine, the site loads fine when I use my phone internet, it is up according to the assorted 'is it down or just me' websites, etc.

is this a "turn off the router and turn it on again" sitch

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I wanted to play Firewatch in the morning while drinking coffee, but it didn't come out until 1 PM so I didn't play it at all.

Maybe next week! Everybody post really slow so this [chat] is still relevant when I play.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    anime sucks

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    hm

what reasons could there be for one specific website not loading on my home internet

other sites load fine, the site loads fine when I use my phone internet, it is up according to the assorted 'is it down or just me' websites, etc.

clear your cache maybe?

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    *animes relentlessly all over chat*

I'm pretty sure with a Venture Brothers avatar they wouldn't even let you past the 1st tentacle barrier at animu HQ.

I dunno... Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is an inappropriately-sexualized cartoon waifu. It probably checks out

I am not a Venture bros. expert but I am going to have to state that the voice of that character utterly disqualifies her as an animu.

Like.

Sorry, no. Animu girls moan and titter in grating high pitched tones non-stop. That's what they do.

Hmmm... yes, fair enough

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey Firewatch came out.

Purchasing...
    Done.

• Options
    or a ctrl-f5 refresh?

• Options
    I wanted to play Firewatch in the morning while drinking coffee, but it didn't come out until 1 PM so I didn't play it at all.

Maybe next week! Everybody post really slow so this [chat] is still relevant when I play.

I had the exact same experience this morning! I pre-loaded last night and I woke up and was like "fuck yeah, Firewatch!" and then I was like "Ugh... Fallout 4 I guess."

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I really want to talk to a lot of people about Firewatch, so all y'all hurry up and beat it.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    cadlincwalk went shopping in Costco with her family last weekend.

Found herself, per tradition, holding samples to take home for the rest of the family.

Realized that particular family tradition is what you might call a holdover from back when they were legitimately impoverished.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    hm

clear your cache maybe?

It isn't limited to my computer, or one browser - tried using IE on this compy, used a different laptop, and connected my phone to the home internet and this website wouldn't load on any of them if they were using the same wireless connection.

Perplexing!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh those are lobstermen

Suddenly my inability to kill them makes sense

Motherfuckers it's only February

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    hm

clear your cache maybe?

It isn't limited to my computer, or one browser - tried using IE on this compy, used a different laptop, and connected my phone to the home internet and this website wouldn't load on any of them if they were using the same wireless connection.

Perplexing!

Try a different DNS server

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    hm

clear your cache maybe?

Perplexing!

oh, um, that's weird

• Options
    so speaking of websites not working, tigerdirect seems fucked at the moment

what up with that

• Options
    Oh those are lobstermen

I'm not sure TFTD is a game that is meant to be finished, only briefly experienced before you lose.

• Options
    So no I have Life is Strange, Firewatch and World of Diving (Been on my wishlist for a long time, the sale today makes it super cheap) queued up for after I finish Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Yay, Steam?

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh those are lobstermen

I'm not sure TFTD is a game that is meant to be finished, only briefly experienced before you lose.

I'm gonna be fine, I'm writing a message to someone then going back in with knowledge of my enemy. They're so fucked.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    cadlincwalk went shopping in Costco with her family last weekend.

Found herself, per tradition, holding samples to take home for the rest of the family.

Realized that particular family tradition is what you might call a holdover from back when they were legitimately impoverished.

sam's club demos were occasionally my lunch as a kid

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I really want to talk to a lot of people about Firewatch, so all y'all hurry up and beat it.

Nooooooooooo.

I know it's short so I am savoring it. I did day 1 and then stopped for tonight.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh those are lobstermen

I finished it

It took a little over two years

But I finished it

This discussion has been closed.