Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Hey, are you guys planning on getting this physically or digitally? I still can't decide myself.

Digitally, if I can ever download it. I don't want the game to ever leave my Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I went physical, since I had a ton of Amazon gift cards and figured I'd go for the discount.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Torn. Hard to justify the laziness of getting it digitally when physically is 20% cheaper.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    I'm gonna try again at midnight...furthest I've been able to get is the purchase screen.

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    Took 45 minutes, but I was finally able to purchase and start the download.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I always side towards Digital. The convenience of always having it on my console is just too great, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games, and I don't like having stacks of cases- they add unnecessary clutter, in my opinion. So, Splatoon is a natural digital purchase for me.

I will go Physical if there is a proper reason to, like a big discount, or if it is a single player game I want to be able to lend to friends once I am done.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Took 45 minutes, but I was finally able to purchase and start the download.

Took me an hour, but same.

And now progress is crawling, still at 0%. Probably won't be able to play this tonight. Thanks, Nintendo! Your genius online infrastructure comes through again!

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Decision made, fiancee just offered to swing by the shopping centre on her way back from lunch and pick it up haha.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I'll have to go in on the weekend (I was going to see Baby Driver anyway), but said weekend is looking up.

• Options
    Seems like the eShop is beginning to stabilise (anecdotally) so get in there if you can.

• Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    Got it! Time to splat!

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    Only managed to play the first single player level, but damn this game is fun. Can't wait to put more time into this and especially play through the online.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Not gonna lie, the quality of matches right now is really good. Everyone playing is paying attention to inking and all the weapons/gear is still basic so it's just squid on squid right now and I am really enjoying it.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Having a player base from the first game will help a lot with that.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Booted up Splatoon 1 last night before launch. Lots of miiverse drawings giving their thanks, RIPs, etc. Was still getting full online matches as well with little wait. Mostly level 50s, no doubt staying sharp for Splatoon 2.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Alright, time to try out Salmon Run before I head off to work.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Edit: fuck, I'm going camping that weekend. Looks like my run of missing all the Splatoon 2 Splatfests continues.

Maz- on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Fuck. I went to Target this morning... had the game on order but not the amiibo or controllers. Target didn't have any Pro controllers (you have to order them online), though they did have the amiibo (and Bayonetta too!) so I did get those. But now I don't know where to buy a couple pro controllers for the house. In fact every normal store is online orders only. I guess I'll have to call a couple of GameStop stores after work and hope for the best.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Edit: fuck, I'm going camping that weekend. Looks like my run of missing all the Splatoon 2 Splatfests continues.

Fry sauce.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Mayo is more versatile than Ketchup I feel, even if it is probably associated with that gremlin squid Pearl. If we get the same one in NA I'm going team mayo.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Salmon Run is super fun, had three matches and got to the next rank. I can easily see how it can get incredibly difficult though.

• Options
    I heard Salmon Run has a local co-op option, can you do that splitscreen on one Switch? Is there any mode that does multiplayer splitscreen?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Mayo is more versatile than Ketchup I feel, even if it is probably associated with that gremlin squid Pearl. If we get the same one in NA I'm going team mayo.

It makes sense that they'd have Pearl on Mayo cause in terms of splatfest wins she's never going to Ketchup

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Why isn't the new Splatfest Salsa v Ketchup? Everyone hates mayo. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51JzPVfSuE
    I think mayo is going to win by a landslide in Japan and Europe.

nusu on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And that's why there's [N] varieties of mayo and mayo-based condiments/recipes.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I heard Salmon Run has a local co-op option, can you do that splitscreen on one Switch? Is there any mode that does multiplayer splitscreen?

Anyone know?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
      From everything I read there is no local play or split screen of any kind. Check the box screenshots, its 1 all the way across.

• Options
      Picked up my copy and a cloud amiibo because I'm weak

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      Okay, I love the new Moray Towers. There's a lot more interesting routes and geometry to play off, and a lot less bottlenecky.

persona4celestia.jpg
    • Options
      TimFiji wrote: »

Anyone know?
      From everything I read there is no local play or split screen of any kind. Check the box screenshots, its 1 all the way across.

Yeah Nintendo's youtube has a Salmon Run gameplay video and I'm assuming they are doing it local co-op (can't have sound on at the moment), but everyone has their own Switch. Except for the one guy with a pro controller, who's probably playing on a 4th docked Switch.
      https://youtu.be/7RvLHgwJep8

• Options
      WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
      nusu wrote: »
      Everyone hates mayo.

I think mayo is going to win by a landslide in Japan and Europe.

You have a very curious definition of 'everyone'.

Anyway, is Mayo/Ketchup gonna be a global Splatfest or just a European one?

• Options
      acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
      that feel when I was cursing Nintendo for not making enough Switches to still be having trouble finding one and complaining that I was going to miss out on Splatoon 2 only to find Amazon.ca got them in stock so I had to put my money where my mouth is or else look like a bitch to the people I was complaining to.

RIP my wallet.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    • Options
      chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
      These controls are going to take a lot of getting used to, especially in handheld mode. And between the low res graphics on the small screen and moving it around, I had a really hard time telling what was going on for most of my matches. Using a pro controller on the TV was a much better experience, but sadly that is not how I normally get to use my Switch.

Popular opinion is to stick with the default controls right? I've only played 4 matches, and there were a few moments where it clicked a bit, but this may be a frustrating road ahead. I love everything else about the game though, so I plan to give it a real effort.

• Options
      I think a lot of people adjust the sensitivity

CD World Tour status:
    • Options
      BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
      Does salmon run give you normal levels?

PSN: Waybackkidd
      "...only mights and maybes."
    • Options
      JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
      How do you know what time online Salmon Run is available?

• Options
      Beezel wrote: »
      Does salmon run give you normal levels?

It seems to have it's own progression system.

persona4celestia.jpg
    • Options
      DracilDracil Registered User regular
      So my internet was acting up last night and got a disconnect in a game I was doing really well. Then I check the SplatNet in the switch app and it has a section for disconnects. So I hope it's not like a permanently increasing record and at least keeps the same last 50 games as win/losses. Otherwise I could see this becoming a problem unless they actually keep track of your total games.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
      Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
      MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide