Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular

Also I can't say I like the splatlings based on playing with them in Salmon Run. Just too long of a charge up, lack of mobility when charging and firing, and ultimately when they are firing they feel essentially like any automatic, not more powerful or longer-firing.

I play it pretty much like the normal chargers, but I find the Splatlings more fun.

Its' lack of mobility and charge time means it's better to defend with. The Heavy Splatling will outrange everything except other chargers, so it's easy to hold players back if you take a high point.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Its long-range design philosophy is probably why it has the Sprinkler and Sting Ray.

But... the Sting Ray, you know?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Its long-range design philosophy is probably why it has the Sprinkler and Sting Ray.

But... the Sting Ray, you know?

Tower control.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hear me out on this guys:

Splatoon open world MMO, you capture territories by inking, and then you could build fortresses and buildings/towns on said ink, expanding your territory and capturing other groups territories as you go.There could be NPC forts and towns as well as player controlled ones. Clans with massive fortresses (the bigger/more productive the clan the bigger the fortress) both player controlled and NPC that can be taken down by siege warfare (think catapults and trebuchets that fire paint bombs). There's already a loot system in place, it wouldnt take much to turn it into a proper MMO gear system. You could have dungeons and raids that play out in a similiar vein to a regular splatoon match. Fortresses would be taken by painting a certain percentage of them (and maybe by capturing certain areas like the gates or the throne room or by completing certain objectives like splat their leader etc. Maybe the bigger forts could require a combo of all of those things) and different fortresses could offer different bonuses and layouts depending on the region theyre in and their proximity to things in the game. For example a fortress built near water could have a port city aesthetic and a bonus to trade etc.. God I would play this so hard.

I get that in the lore there isnt a lot of land, but you could easily explain this away by saying there was a new massive island discovered or something. Hell you could just form one out of a volcano.

Edit edit: there could also be special events like having to defend inkopolis from a Salmonid invasion.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Couldn't connect to other Computer, returning to lobby

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Finally my week of work hell is over, time to see how bad Pearl got hit on the spla-...

She won?

Oh man. The salt much be real.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Anyone want to get some games in tonight? I want to try out the voice chat on the app. My friend code is in my sig if we're not already friends.

Edit: aww yeah bebe, you bet the tri slosher is op:

co7rgXN.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Jet squelcher is so fun to use on splat zones. Aerosprays just keep trucking through the poison mist bombs and into my line of fire.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Finally my week of work hell is over, time to see how bad Pearl got hit on the spla-...

She won?

Oh man. The salt much be real.

Ketchup was crazily popular, while the win scores were almost identical. If we were to repeatedly redo the Splatfest, Ketchup would probably win most of the time.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Tri-slosh is the most OP thing in the world.

Going to be a sad day when they nerf it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    There's something so funny about a bucket being OP.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    MAH BUKKIT

They were rude as hell in the original, too. Although it sure feels like they've been buffed since then.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

I would be all up for using the tri-slosher if it had a better sub weapon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Where we're going we don't need sub weapons.

*puts sunglasses on and grabs bucket*

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Why you need sub-weapons when you can 2 shot everyone in front of you within 30 yards?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    People failing round 3 of this salmon run something fierce.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    There needs to be a special icon on the HUD that shows someone actually disconnected instead of looking like they just keep dieing all the time.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Roller just always worthless in salmon run. So glad I can't save my idiot team from this mothership round because the roller is literally incapable of reaching it.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    There needs to be a special icon on the HUD that shows someone actually disconnected instead of looking like they just keep dieing all the time.

If the weapon behind the X is colored in, they disconnected. If it's a grey silhouette, they're just dead.

87s7ABv.png

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Wow people are astonishingly bad today.

Guys, its more important to kill the bosses than to ferry every single egg back. If a flyfish or drizzler pops out near you, you can't just ignore it because you already have an egg. Those 2 will wipe you everytime if you let more bosses spawn.

Just had my first gusher round...we got 3. Pretty sure we activated every single gusher and the goldie didn't appear again until the end.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Rami wrote: »
    Wow people are astonishingly bad today.

Guys, its more important to kill the bosses than to ferry every single egg back. If a flyfish or drizzler pops out near you, you can't just ignore it because you already have an egg. Those 2 will wipe you everytime if you let more bosses spawn.

Just had my first gusher round...we got 3. Pretty sure we activated every single gusher and the goldie didn't appear again until the end.

At the same time, I've lost quite a few games where we just didn't quite deliver enough eggs. Some rounds are practically doomed to begin with...everyone stops to take out bosses on the way back to the egg box, and in the meantime the boss horn goes off 6 more times. And you kill some of those and they keep reappearing as fast as you can take them out. Sometimes, if everyone would've focused early on delivering eggs, we could've survived the last 20 seconds by just calling it good and running away. As long as it's not high tide it can be surprisingly easy to just run out the clock.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I like salmon run weapon pools that have one roller to three ranged weapons. It's been my experience that teams aren't overly conscientious about maintaining ink coverage and get wiped in the last round when multiple bosses are bombarding you from long range and erasing your ink around the basket. Having a weapon that's basically dedicated to making sure your team doesn't get stuck while also cleaning up some of the tiny obnoxious dudes is really useful

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I'm really not a fan of chargers, especially when I get saddled with one with my middling aim, like "sorry guys I'll TRY to snipe the steelhead bombs, but that's not gonna happen half the time and my gun's useless for almost everything else."

• Options
    I like the weapon pool we got this time overall though. Aerospray is totally OP at killing half the bosses.

• Options
    Aerospray is just so weak though, at least the squelcher has long range to make up for it's low damage.

If you have a roller your job is definitely just to ferry eggs and keep the path inked for your team. But if you have the splattershot or something that's ranged and strong/accurate then you should be focusing on killing off the bosses.

sig.gif
  • Options
    You know what, I would really like to spectate a Salmon Run game from above, see how the ink splatters.

• Options
    A time-lapse feature for the whole game would be really cool

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    It is kind of frustrating doing regular battles against people with weapons from way higher levels.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    It is kind of frustrating doing regular battles against people with weapons from way higher levels.

The early shots will wreck at any level, so...

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    skeldare wrote: »

Burst + Attack is a ridiculously quick kill

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

The early shots will wreck at any level, so...

Yeah, higher level doesn't mean more OP except in the case of the tri-slosher, but that's not even super OP in turf war, since it's sub-par at laying the ink. Your starter weapon, Splattershot Jr., is one of the best weapons in the game, especially for turf war.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    It does mean they have a much better grasp on the game than I do. I've lost 4 or 5 times in a row now to teams of people who are level 16+. I'm still level 4.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I love how people are so focused on getting to the rainmaker at the beginning of that mode that you can easily ink around the side instead and splat them all while they're standing there in the open shooting at it. It happens practically every time. This works especially well on Port Mackerel.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Always be flanking.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Just a reminder to everyone to report and block inactive and non-participating users. You can report a user by selecting their name in the battle report on the splatnet app, and you can block them by going to your friends list and selecting "manage blocked users" in the settings for it. Hitting Y on the next screen will bring up your recently played with users and the option to block them. Let's keep these silly geese as far away from our community as possible..

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I'll allow it
    4 chances on opponent team vs 3 chances on mine

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I'll allow it

I dunno about you but it feels really cheap when I do well and then find out after that they only had 3 people.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I'll allow it

I dunno about you but it feels really cheap when I do well and then find out after that they only had 3 people.

Sometime a losing streak of mine is only broken because someone on the enemies side disconnected. Feels crummy.

• Options
    I usually forgive them because who knows who is, for example, having a thunderstorm in their part of the world and their router got knocked out. Plus just can't be arsed to put in that much effort toward someone I will probably only ever play with once.

• Options
    I had one guy deliberately throw the match in turf war. He was hoping around spawn and screaming booyah near the end when we were obviously losing.

Then the next match he decides to actually play, making sure to squidbag us whenever he could. He got a report as soon as the match was over.