As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So fights? Fs1? Anyone?

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    I'm watching. Good stuff so far, Calderwoods body shot ko was awesome. Mercier went for the truck during his fight so I'm immediately a fan of his now haha

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    How is Bosse like, even alive at this point

• Options
    Awesome fight if anyone misses the fights and records them be sure to go back and watch Bosse vs O'connell

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    That was a pretty solid way to end the fight -- not sure how one of the judges gave a 10-8 round out

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    No, I missed the awesome fight. I was at a party so I guess it's a fair trade. Gimme that Cowboy fight.

• Options
    Get em Cowboy

• Options
    Yay!

• Options
    Hmm this final fight is a little bit zzz

Feels like it could open up and be over quickly if Rory actually grabs any of these weird subs he's been going for

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    So Cowboy, who has only fought at WW once before this, just TKO'd Patrick Cote.

Cote, who has fought as high as LHW and has never been KO'd or TKO'd before in his career.

Pretty impressive stuff by Cerrone.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Super weird fight. I gotta watch how he was doing it again but the imanari roll while super cool to see being used seems like a really bad idea against a guy with that wide of a stance that goes southpaw a lot. Was hoping he'd get to some leg lock positions to see how he did since they work with the Danaher death squad a lot

• Options
    Cowboy is coming for you, Dana.

Break out that wallet.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Cowboy is coming for you, Dana.

Break out that wallet.

Looks like Nate made an impact.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I will always watch a card with Cowboy on it

Just FYI Dana

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Not to take away from Thompson's victory (I haven't watched the fights yet), but anyone who saw it, was Rory fighting for real or was he just kind of fulfilling his contract in a whatever kind of appearance?

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Not to take away from Thompson's victory (I haven't watched the fights yet), but anyone who saw it, was Rory fighting for real or was he just kind of fulfilling his contract in a whatever kind of appearance?

Definitely for real. A win here would have upped his value when he's a free agent big time. It seemed like he was protecting his nose quite a bit, I'm wondering if he can take hits like he used to.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    STIPE MIOCIC THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THE FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP TO CLEVELAND

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    bullshit

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Rory seemed to be fighting very carefully, which is absolutely the right plan against someone with as much accuracy and knockout power as Thompson does.

There was a few attempts by Rory to cover up, wade in and land strikes in the pocket which seemed to be working quite well. Seems that he took a few shots doing that though, so was hesitant to make it a constant strategy.

All in all it was the classic case of two incredibly high level fighters with similar skill sets nullifying each other.

Having said that, I was really impressed with Thompson's take down defence once more. I honestly don't think there's anyone in the division that can beat him. A well deserved title shot coming up next I'm sure.

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    GSP on MMA Hour saying he's ready and eyeing Bisping

If Champ Bisping ends his amazing 2016 by beating a returning GSP, I feel entirely comfortable calling him the greatest of all time

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    If GSP jumped the queue like that there would be so much screaming coming from everyone else in the division. I guess I can hope it happens. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GSP on MMA Hour saying he's ready and eyeing Bisping

If Champ Bisping ends his amazing 2016 by beating a returning GSP, I feel entirely comfortable calling him the greatest of all time

*citation needed

• Options
    UFC has been sold, it seems. Probably get an official announcement in the coming weeks as they lead up to UFC 200.

A $2 million investment by the Fertittas turns into $4.2 billion. Pretty good ROI.

And some Lesnar news about drug testing:

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Sponsors will now be allowed, but fighters won't get paid because it will be mandatory, but they'll only be for chinese protein power and Yili milk and knock off electronics.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, interesting to see where this goes. Rather in bed with the Chinese than the Saudis, I guess.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    It’s been a long, hard road for CM Punk to get to his MMA debut. It’s been more than 18 months since he signed with UFC and he’s yet to have his first bout. There have been injury concerns, worry about his ability to hold up in a fight and now scheduling issues.

A few weeks ago, it seemed like we were finally getting the big match: CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall was going to take place the night before SummerSlam at UFC 202, a WWE/UFC faux-cross-promotional weekend of real and fake fighting. I’d originally imagined the trade-off for WWE letting UFC use Lesnar was that they could use footage of Punk getting the brakes beat off of him on the Titantron to troll him the next night on SummerSlam. But those plans have fallen through, and it looks like Punk’s first fight is getting moved to UFC 203 on Sept. 10.

There’s no word on exactly why Punk’s fight is getting pushed back but he is coming off some health issues that have pushed things back. This has been one of the most long-awaited debuts ever and the longer it takes the more build-up there will be for the bout. Only time will tell if it will be worth the wait or if this will be one of the biggest duds ever.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, at this predicament.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

Does anyone see this match going any other way than Punk being completely annihilated?

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

Does anyone see this match going any other way than Punk being completely annihilated?

AJ Lee distracts the ref and Colt Cabana runs in with the steel chair.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Punk's UFC debut takes place in the same arena he walked out of WWE in January 2014.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Punk's UFC debut takes place in the same arena he walked out of WWE in January 2014.

Maybe he never left?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Maybe he never left?

Why would he want to hang out in Cleveland?

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    maybe he's a decepticon

Can he be a decepticon and a member of COBRA?

Magell on
  • Options
    Apparently Ryan Jimmo was the victim of a (seemingly intentional) hit and run and has passed away from his injuries.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-police-seek-witnesses-for-hit-and-run-that-left-1-man-dead-1.3653540

None of the "big" MMA media outlets seem to have a story on it yet, but it sounds like Mike Russell knew the guy from the Canadian MMA scene and would be able to confirm such a thing himself.

Sad times, man. That's a devastating way to go out, especially since it seems like it might have been murder. I hope they catch the people (persons) who did this.

• Options
    Had a seminar with Eddie Cummings tonight, dudes leg lock knowledge is insane. Learned some tricks with heel hooks that are just killer from him and Ottavia Bourdain.

Real sad about Ryan Jimmo always liked seeing him fight.

• Options