As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Arcann romance is unbearably creepy. I'm hoping Tau Idair is romancable in the future so smuggler can try a non-trash person for once.

I've never done the Arcann romance since it seemed so utterly...uh...out of left field and weird.

How's it play out?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    97fb9a8f17cda6b6ef9804d6b3fb1424.jpg

Miss me yet?

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    97fb9a8f17cda6b6ef9804d6b3fb1424.jpg

Miss me yet?

No.

:x

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Still quietly enraged they made an Arcann romance but not a Senya one.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Orca wrote: »
    Arcann romance is unbearably creepy. I'm hoping Tau Idair is romancable in the future so smuggler can try a non-trash person for once.

I've never done the Arcann romance since it seemed so utterly...uh...out of left field and weird.

How's it play out?

I mean there's only two scenes so far, the one where you use a flirt to make him confess and an interstitial scene. It's just his whole thing is "I never felt ANY emotion except rage... until I met you." Yikes dude you need decades of therapy not a relationship.

Also he implies that he always had a crush on the Outlander from the beginning.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "I murdered like 12 trillion people because I really wanted to rummage around your underpants" is probably not the best pickup line.

• Options
    And compare that to, "I'm a warrior poet whose awful ex is finally definitely dead, whose mad daughter for once knows peace, and whose sole remaining child isn't a complete shitheel anymore, and I have you to thank for all of it. Also you're kind of in the same position my ex was but you seem to be doing much better with it.

I'd be down for some no-commitment snuggling if you get a spare moment."

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    brb, need to take several showers and hope that this feeling will go away with enough scrubbing.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    "I murdered like 12 trillion people because I really wanted to rummage around your underpants" is probably not the best pickup line.

I dunno

it might work on my Inquisitor

• Options
    They've made the announcement!

On May 28th, the Pirate Incursion (formerly the Dantooine Incursion) will make its debut, after which it will enter into the event rotation with the Gree and Rakghoul events. Like the Gree event (and unlike the Rakghoul event), the zone will still be available to visit when the event isn't on, but unusually, there will apparently be a couple of "peacetime only" dailies.

Visually, Dantooine looks like Elwynn Forest with fewer trees, but I don't think they have a setting like that yet, so I'm not complaining. But aside from just another place to run around doing MMO stuff, there'll be a new rep, which will unlock two new armor sets, a new companion (an Ugnaught), a new mount and related minipet, and (just for you, @Cambiata; my uncle works at Bioware Austin and he told me they do all stronghold-related stuff just for you) new decorations!

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    (just for you, @Cambiata; my uncle works at Bioware Austin and he told me they do all stronghold-related stuff just for you) new decorations!

I want this to be true!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Shadowen wrote: »
    (just for you, Cambiata; my uncle works at Bioware Austin and he told me they do all stronghold-related stuff just for you) new decorations!

I want this to be true!

I accept this in my head canon.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's my Manaan Stronghold:

https://youtu.be/dNGdsh12KP4

I'll probably put more work into it, but I'm never really done with a stronghold.

• Options

I'll probably put more work into it, but I'm never really done with a stronghold.

Can I get a key? :D

• Options

Can I get a key? :D

Sure, just let me know when you're on.

• Options
    I can be on in 15 minutes!

• Options
    And...thanks! You always do amazing work with your strongholds and I enjoy hanging out in 'em.

• Options
    And...thanks! You always do amazing work with your strongholds and I enjoy hanging out in 'em.

Because I was annoyed that it messed with your performance, I actually did a bit more work to get rid of some of the datacrons on the main level. I figured out there are still places I could hide things that I didn't notice before.

• Options

Because I was annoyed that it messed with your performance, I actually did a bit more work to get rid of some of the datacrons on the main level. I figured out there are still places I could hide things that I didn't notice before.

Turns out there's probably something else going on. I was getting hitching elsewhere. I'll go debug it some other time. Do what's best for the design of your stronghold!

• Options

Turns out there's probably something else going on. I was getting hitching elsewhere. I'll go debug it some other time. Do what's best for the design of your stronghold!

Honestly, the less cluttered I can get it, the better, so I prefer the changes I made. The most annoying thing about Manaan is how many hooks it insists that I use to get to 100%.

• Options
    First time in a while I got a "ur sexy" from a stranger in game. It's like... kid, you know I didn't design the way the characters look in this game, right? How weird is it that people still do that in the year of our lord 2019?

• Options
    Yeah, maybe if there was a full-fledged body type designer as in Saint Row 2 onward, and a face builder like in games such as Dragon Age, I could see it, but this is just picking from presets.

• Options
    Wow, Dantooine really is remote. It's gonna take an extra week for us to get there.

Kind of a shame, too, because (I think) they even theme this week's event to be the logical build to the Pirate Incursion, with the war once again reaching fever pitch.
    Game Update 5.10.3 is being delayed by one week to Tuesday, June 4th. As we were in the final stages of testing and preparation for launch we discovered a critical bug that we need to take the time to address before going live. For context, the issue is that a large portion of combat animations simply stopped working. Obviously, that's a pretty big deal! We are digging into whether it is a systemic change that caused it or just a bad build/version.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Triple-postan, but oh well.

I haven't discussed it since last fall when I was at 69% completion (nice), but earlier this year I decided to devote myself hard to grinding credits so I could fill in my collections (and during the unlock sales, unlocking as much as possible, starting with bronze, then going to silver, and so on). Here's how I am now.

(spoiled for tall composite image)
    f59NrhR.png

(note: I found another lightsaber for unusually cheap after first making this image, so I'm now at 79% weapons and 57% lightsabers; I also found another oddly cheap crystal, but there are enough crystals that one more didn't move the numbers

also I actually have 100% of companion customizations but I try to spread items out so that every character can look unique and have different friends, and the remaining customizations are for characters who haven't gotten all their friends back or, in some cases, didn't get all their friends in the vanilla story before dinging level 70)

There's basically nothing I'm missing that is less than a million credits, except when someone's really undercutting or, I presume, forgetting a zero somewhere. And every one of the remaining armor sets is over 10 mil, when it's available at all. (Every other category is 1 million or more.)

So I'm always happy when I come across expensive things I don't have yet that have those oddly deep discounts. Sanctified Caretaker armor set was on the GTN for 5 million credits the day before yesterday. (There were two, in fact; if I'd had enough cash on hand I would have gotten both and then sold the second one for the price you normally see it for, or asked someone in my guild or the thread if they had it yet.)

Shadowen on
  • Options
    If we sidestep the fact that it starts with a power imbalance, I think the Aric Jorgan romance might be the best one.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The T7 romance option is the best. I don't care what the developers say. T7 is my ride or die.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    Risha bromance (sistermance? What's the equivalent?) for life. Femsmuggler + Risha is the best. Just snark all the people.

• Options
    If they had let femsmuggler actually flirt with her, Risha could have been best romance.

• Options
    As it is, she's already up there, except disqualified for being Leia/Han with the serial numbers filed off.

Anyway, I ship Jorgan/Dorne.

I also headcanon Jorgan as a trans man.

Also 4X/Yuun BroTP.

• Options
    Jorgan romance is great because: 1) pretty cute already in the main story 2) one of the first companions to return, and has a major role throughout the extended chapters 3) Has a lot of cute kissing scenes in the extended chapters.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    My Trooper was very happy to see him again, and very unhappy that she had to wait so long to be really alone with him, because of a certain third wheel/uninvited guest watching everything (and offering dry commentary).

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    edit- nm

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    So I was reading this article from Vulkk and in scanning the article I found out that they're going to put set bonuses back in the shells for 6.0:

https://vulkk.com/2019/06/02/the-good-and-bad-of-swtor-6-0-spoils-of-war/

Are you shitting me? Moving it to the mods was the smartest thing they ever did, why would they go back to that?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So I was reading this article from Vulkk and in scanning the article I found out that they're going to put set bonuses back in the shells for 6.0:

https://vulkk.com/2019/06/02/the-good-and-bad-of-swtor-6-0-spoils-of-war/

Are you shitting me? Moving it to the mods was the smartest thing they ever did, why would they go back to that?

Well, at least the outfit system means it's not very important anymore. That was the main reason why having it in the shell was balls.

Though this looks like a gambit to make set bonuses no longer inside your legacy, which...yeah, that does suck now that I thought about it. Shit. Galactic Command's use of crates to tie loot to your active toon was bad enough.

Orca on
  • Options
    Yeah, legacy is what concerns me. This past week I worked on leveling up my 2 commandos and my Merc, all so I could start building up the level 70 armor and they could all wear it. There's no way in hell I'd bother if I had to gear them up individually.

• Options
    Legacy transfer is what makes it reasonable to have non-mains. Being restricted to one character that's geared up is balls and I don't have the patience for that anymore.

Yeah, I'm one of the casuals that ruined the game.

• Options
    New content!

Story advancement! (a little)

A new event!

Heroics that actually require a group or a very skilled player!

Lots of hidden achievements and exploration stuff!

I haven't encountered a new area that felt this huge since Makeb!

Ample flirtation opportunities!

TOR will be new and different for at least a couple weeks!

Also I have characters left on Satele after the merge, and Malgus was down for a few hours yesterday so I messed around with them for a while. Among other things, I discovered (having never bothered to check them out before, because the character's name was taken after the merge) that one of them had not one but two account character slots. Given that I have 48 character slots per server already, I decided to GTN them and made forty million credits overnight. The Interstellar Privateer set also happened to be on the market for only seven million as well as a couple of crystals and mounts going for surprisingly little (i.e. less than a million). I don't know if I'll ever do anything with those folks in the future, but they were nice enough to get me a semi-rare armor set so I set them up for cartel shenanigans and I might check in periodically to see if there's anything on for cheap on that server.

Also one of my characters on that server got two black/black dye modules from cantina creates.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I haven’t even finished the launch game content, yet!

Is it me? Am I “The Bad”? (all signs point to blue parallel).

• Options
    I haven’t even finished the launch game content, yet!

Is it me? Am I “The Bad”? (all signs point to blue parallel).

Man, there is so much launch content you could probably spend 160 hours and not be done with it.