As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I'm not bothered by the new event, but I've only played through each class once. It'll be a good excuse to see each story with different decisions and genders. Still, I would prefer that they actually add same sex romances for each class before rolling this event out. My female smuggler should totally be able to hookup with Risha.

Risha/Akaavi/F!Smuggler?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Risha is love
    Risha is life
    Risha is one of the only non-creepy ones

• Options
    edited June 2016
    In approximate order of creepiness, from least to most. (Not well-written to poorly-written, just in order of creepy subtext, or indeed.)

Risha
    Torian/Kaliyo/Akaavi
    Andronikos
    Iresso
    Doc
    ----
    Elara/Jorgan/Vector
    Kira
    Temple
    Ashara
    Quinn
    Mako
    Jaesa
    Nadia/Vette
    Corso

The horizontal dashes mark the Power Line. No romanceable character who is formally subordinate to the PC can rise above the Power Line, for what should be obvious reasons.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    No Vector?? Despite his weird background, I think Vector is a not-creepy romance.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I seem to remember one of the first meetings with Doc being along the lines of "I'm a doctor, so let me feel you up!". But my guardian was totally down with that.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I somehow forgot Vector entirely. Fixed.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    No Vector?? Despite his weird background, I think Vector is a not-creepy romance.

You don't find the entire hive being voyeurs creepy?!!!
    Strikor wrote: »
    I seem to remember one of the first meetings with Doc being along the lines of "I'm a doctor, so let me feel you up!". But my guardian was totally down with that.

Related: in this case, it's Doc who's the creep.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Having gone all the way through the Azshara romance, I disagree that it's creepy. She isn't a doting apprentice like Nadia, she has her own mind and rather strong opinions.

• Options
    All true.

But if you're dark side you can still torture her when you recruit her, leave her for her ancestor's spirit to kill until she begs for anyone to save her...and then still romance her. 'sfucked up.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it mean then that it's creepy only as long as you do those specific things before starting the romance?

• Options
    Yeah, but the romance doesn't change at all regardless of what you do. The potential for creep is there, which is the point.

Ashara is actually quite high, in my opinion, because of her being opinionated despite what can be done to recruit her...but she is still your apprentice and you can torture her into compliance when you meet.

I mean, I put Corso at the bottom, even though while he is a creep even if you're not in a relationship with him, he's only a full-on stalker if you try to break up with him. Does that mean he shouldn't be at the bottom because you can decide not to go for those dialog options?

You can play the Vette romance super-sweet and romantic and let her set the pace from the start...but I think that as long as you eventually remove the collar you can still get the romance with her, even if you've used it to torture her. Should I move Vette up the list?

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    All true.

But if you're dark side you can still torture her when you recruit her, leave her for her ancestor's spirit to kill until she begs for anyone to save her...and then still romance her. 'sfucked up.

Well yes everything becomes creepy when you're playing a sociopath.

• Options
    Yeah, but the romance doesn't change at all regardless of what you do. The potential for creep is there, which is the point.

Ashara is actually quite high, in my opinion, because of her being opinionated despite what can be done to recruit her...but she is still your apprentice and you can torture her into compliance when you meet.

I mean, I put Corso at the bottom, even though while he is a creep even if you're not in a relationship with him, he's only a full-on stalker if you try to break up with him. Does that mean he shouldn't be at the bottom because you can decide not to go for those dialog options?

You can play the Vette romance super-sweet and romantic and let her set the pace from the start...but I think that as long as you eventually remove the collar you can still get the romance with her, even if you've used it to torture her. Should I move Vette up the list?

The difference between Vette and Azshara is that Vette seems immature. Azshara doesn't, she comes across as an adult.

• Options

Yeah, but it kinda strikes me that complaining about that romance for that reason is like getting upset at the manufacturers of a sink's garbage disposal for being dangerous AFTER you stick your hand down the drain first and then flip the switch.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    At the very least it should be noted because they wrote it that way. They didn't make any dialog to take into account Vette at least remembering that her now-boyfriend used to shock her for fun, and they really should. Vette who was shocked by the Warrior should come out as a different person than Vette who was not.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Too bad no love for SCORPIO, evil 1950s chrome sexbot was all the rage back in the day! :P

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Too bad no love for SCORPIO, evil 1950s chrome sexbot was all the rage back in the day! :P

SCORPIO's sexbot chassis is ironic, as she has zero sexbot functionality and is in fact 100% murderbot.

• Options

SCORPIO's sexbot chassis is ironic, as she has zero sexbot functionality and is in fact 100% murderbot.

You're taking the quip far more serious than the actual intent.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

I'm not seeing a downside here. Hell, you just made a stronger case for banging SCORPIO.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    If you had the chance to ask the Cantina Tour team a question, what would it be?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    What sort of questions do they answer?

Also, patch notes for 4.6:
    SWTOR Patch Notes for Game Update 4.6, scheduled to arrive after maintenance on June 28 from 5 to 9 am PDT.

Contents [hide]

1 Highlights
    2 General
    3 Flashpoints + Operations
    4 Items + Economy
    5 Missions + NPCs

Highlights
    • Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception! Lead a daring assault on one of Arcann’s warships in a bid to seize control of the entire Eternal Fleet! Players subscribed on June 1st have immediate access to this new Chapter, and it will be available for all other Subscribers on June 30th.
    • New Event: Dark vs. Light! Join a galactic event and choose between the dark side and the light side to earn epic rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary!
    • New Character Perks! Portable Cargo Hold, Portable Legacy Cargo Hold, and Companion Gift use time reduction – see below for full details!
    • Relics of the Gree is back! The Gray Secant has been spotted on Ilum, which means only one thing: The Relics of the Gree Event is back! From June 28th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST to July 5th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST, Black Bisectors are called upon to lend a hand!
    • Bounty Contract Week Returns! Hunt wanted criminals in this returning event. The event begins July 12th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST and ends July 19th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST.

General
    • New Character Perk: Portable Cargo Hold! Summon a Portable Cargo Hold droid to your current location that provides access to your ship’s Cargo Hold. The cooldown can be reduced by upgrading the droid (down to 30 minutes). This perk is purchasable in the Legacy UI.
    • New Character Perk: Portable Legacy Cargo Hold! Summon a Portable Legacy Cargo Hold droid to your current location that provides Legacy Cargo Hold access. The cooldown can be reduced by upgrading the droid (down to 30 minutes). This perk is purchasable in the Legacy UI.
    • New Character Perk: Companion Gift Cast Time Reduction! Reduce the use time of Companion Gifts by 20% per level (up to 60%). This perk is purchasable in the Legacy UI.
    • Achievements have been added for attaining Level 65 and max level Crew Skills. These Achievements will not be granted retroactively until Game Update 4.7.
    • The Organa Castle Quick Travel Point now unlocks when players discover its location.
    • The House Alde Library Quick Travel Point now unlocks when players discover the location.
    • Outfit preview now correctly displays unified colors.

Flashpoints + Operations

False Emperor

Fixed an issue where Prototype A-15 and Prototype B-16 would periodically be able to kill players in one shot despite following the mechanics of the fight correctly.

Items + Economy

Sniper’s Ambush visual effect now lines up properly with the Arvanite Professional Sniper Rifle and the Revanite Field Tech Sniper Rifles.

Missions + NPCs
    • Experience gained from the following Missions now scales with the Player’s level:
      1. Down with the Queen
      2. Chaos at the Droid Factory
      3. Marked Man
      4. Dark Science
      5. A Family Concern
      6. Atypical Tactics
      7. Introduction to Warzones
      8. Introduction to Starfighter
      9. Ashara will no longer use melee attacks from ranged after using her leap ability.
      10. All Companion DPS execution abilities have been normalized to have a 20 second cooldown.
      11. Companions no longer fire crowd control abilities at targets that have Boss immunity.
      12. Fixed the typo in all “Preventive Measure” Companion abilities.
      13. Skadge can now only equip one melee weapon.
      14. The Sith Inquisitor Mission “Preparations” now awards the item “Kallig’s Countenance.” This is a new version of the item that is moddable and Legacy-bound. Existing version of the items have not been updated.
      15. The phase to the Mission “[Heroic 2+] Rock Eaters” no longer allows players who are on the incorrect Mission step into the area.

Can speed up gifts and get access to your cargo hold via a droid!

Orca on
    • Options
      Fixed an issue where Prototype A-15 and Prototype B-16 would periodically be able to kill players in one shot despite following the mechanics of the fight correctly.

Jesus it took them long enough.

• Options
      Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
      Orca wrote: »
      What sort of questions do they answer?

That's the tricky part. They (obviously) won't comment on unannounced things. So unless they announce it at that very cantina, no point asking about [Highly Desired, Unannounced Feature]. If they have concrete plans for ops, they most likely won't be revealed in a Cantina Q&A.
      And you'd want to avoid questions that they can't answer off the top of their head. You can get a "I'll have to get back to you on that" from twitter.
      And a "It's on our 'Wall of Crazy'™" is a non-answer that's never fun to get.

I'm thinking maybe asking for clarification to their reasoning behind a recent change.
      Or something along the lines of "What are some examples of challenges that have to be overcome to implement [Highly Desired, Unannounced Feature]?"

• Options
      New Event: Dark vs. Light! Join a galactic event and choose between the dark side and the light side to earn epic rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary!

Or, you know, go the pragmatic side. But we wouldn't want to ever reward people for that!

• Options
      New Event: Dark vs. Light! Join a galactic event and choose between the dark side and the light side to earn epic rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary!

Or, you know, go the pragmatic side. But we wouldn't want to ever reward people for that!

The pragmatic side is whichever side nets me the most points.

• Options
      A webpage for the upcoming Star Wars Celebration event may have listed the abbreviation for the next plot-expansion for SWTOR.
      Dulfy.net wrote:
      xP4YLcd.jpg

• Options
      Knights of the Epic Thrashers?

• Options
      Eternal Throne, I'm guessing?

• Options
      Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
      Kevin Owens, The Eternal Throwdown

• Options
      Eternal Throne, I'm guessing?

Now that would make too much sense.

• Options
      edited June 2016
      So I hit random a few times out of boredom and it came up with...this.
      Sjf8qIR.jpg

I honestly don't know if I can NOT make a character with those settings now.

The presidency thread reminded me: Strikor did make this character, and named him Space Trump.

Cambiata on
    • Options
      Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
      Is it weird that I'm really looking forward to this light/dark thing as a way to start fresh? Like I have every advanced class across both factions either at the cap or close but every time I try to jump back in after a long hiatus I feel overwhelmed.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
      3DS: 1650-8480-6786
      Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    • Options
      Yep, 25% off additional character slot unlocks this week.

• Options
      Just saw a playthrough of the new chapter.
      All hail the new Empress.

• Options
      Kind of shocked that "Cheevo" wasn't taken as a name.

So guess what all my new toons for the Dark vs. Light event will be named with some variation of?

• Options

So guess what all my new toons for the Dark vs. Light event will be named with some variation of?

Shadowen. Shadoween. Shadoweeen...

• Options
      edited June 2016
      You can cheese the step for completing 5 Alliance alerts by simply having 5 characters who all activate Nico Okarr at level 1.

EDIT: Oh, and I decided to pull the trigger on another old dumb joke I had lying around by name a male body type 3 Miraluka Telekinetic Sage "Mountaintoph". (Although I might instead go for a Kinetic Combat Shadow, because stealthing + doing everything all over again = much less aggravation.)

Shadowen on
    • Options
      This Dark and Light event has got to be scheduled to run regularly. It's not just getting every class to level 50, the last tier also requires getting all crafting skills up to 550 with fresh toons.

As well as completing every hard mode flashpoint and getting halfway through half the ops out there.

• Options
      Sorry, but "total completionist playthrough" sounds like an achievement, not an event.

• Options
      kmzkmz Registered User regular
      edited June 2016

I think I actually had that exact toon name at some point! It was a second Warrior I created to get the darkside Jaesa achievement, back when I only planned on having one of each class. And then I wanted to play him for real so I renamed him.

Already seen somebody with the name "Event Toon".

kmz on