As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    This should be the loading screen for the game (spoiled because big):
    awe2gnn6iywy.jpg

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm playing Jedi Knight now in my quest to complete all 8 class stories before jumping into the expansion stuff.

I went Jedi Guardian and 1h saber DPS, Vigilence I think. And man. This might be my favorite spec and playstyle so far. I am loving this character.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Vigilance/Vengeance is a great fucking spec. Probably the most fun and forgiving of the non-tank lightsaber specs.

• Options
    I want a tauntaun for my Jedi. Any of y'all do the tauntaun grind? How bad is it?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I got mine from a cartel pack, I think? I tried doing it the normal way once but wouldn't recommend it.

• Options
    If you complet the quest for dread palace (op), I believe you get one. Less expensive than the alternatives!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    If you complet the quest for dread palace (op), I believe you get one. Less expensive than the alternatives!

But you'd have to be a subscriber to actually do the Op in the first place. That and find a group willing to take you through it to get the mission done.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

But you'd have to be a subscriber to actually do the Op in the first place. That and find a group willing to take you through it to get the mission done.

Well...yeah. Story mode isn't too hard though, so you could pub it. And even better, it's actually Dread Fortress, which is significantly less difficult.

All predicated on being a subscriber, of course.

• Options
    FYI, the Havoc Squad Armor is now a direct sale item for 2300 CCs. Given the amount of credits I paid for it could best be described as "ludicrous", this is a fine time to grab a good looking armor set if you have some coins burning a hole in your space-wallet.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    FYI, the Havoc Squad Armor is now a direct sale item for 2300 CCs. Given the amount of credits I paid for it could best be described as "ludicrous", this is a fine time to grab a good looking armor set if you have some coins burning a hole in your space-wallet.

How long does direct sale last? Might not be able to get it today.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

How long does direct sale last? Might not be able to get it today.

Seems like it's been running for a week and then taken out of the store.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Also note the price usually goes up after a few days

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Man

People are apparently really upset about Bioware delaying the new patch 2 whole days

• Options
    MMO crowds are something special.

• Options
    There is nothing in the patch worth having broken quests for. People need to chill.

• Options
    Patch delays are nothing in comparison to our greatest enemy. And by that I mean buttflaps.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I bought that direct sale bundle. If I open the bundle on a character, is it added to my collection? Or do I need to send the individual pieces to my other dudes.
    I was sitting on 7500 coins, figure I might as well do SOMETHING with them.

• Options
    Generally speaking, cartel items you buy directly will be locked to that character for 36 hours. After that you can transfer them, sell them, whatever.

• Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So I bought that direct sale bundle. If I open the bundle on a character, is it added to my collection? Or do I need to send the individual pieces to my other dudes.
    I was sitting on 7500 coins, figure I might as well do SOMETHING with them.

No, after you equip them you have to pay for each item to be added to your collection.

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm eyeballing both the Havok armor, and that other set of yellow trooper armor that's in the store right now.

Problem is, my Trooper is a Vanguard and after getting the class to 50 and completing the story, I just don't really care for the Vanguard playstyle. I don't like being a melee gun user. The idea offends me. I have a gun. Let me shoot it at dudes. I don't want to be stock striking guys and discharging cones of plasma from my gun in a melee-range arc in front of me. I've seen Star Wars. That isn't even a thing.

And anyway. I don't like Vanguard. But I love the idea of the Trooper. So a reroll as Commando is going to happen. And I want both of those armor options for my reroll. But. The reroll is also a ways out because my primary goal right now is finishing the 8 class stories. I'm on number 5 right now.

And anyway, do those items go directly to the inventory or do they go to the pack screen where I can save them for later?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm eyeballing both the Havok armor, and that other set of yellow trooper armor that's in the store right now.

Problem is, my Trooper is a Vanguard and after getting the class to 50 and completing the story, I just don't really care for the Vanguard playstyle. I don't like being a melee gun user. The idea offends me. I have a gun. Let me shoot it at dudes. I don't want to be stock striking guys and discharging cones of plasma from my gun in a melee-range arc in front of me. I've seen Star Wars. That isn't even a thing.

And anyway. I don't like Vanguard. But I love the idea of the Trooper. So a reroll as Commando is going to happen. And I want both of those armor options for my reroll. But. The reroll is also a ways out because my primary goal right now is finishing the 8 class stories. I'm on number 5 right now.

And anyway, do those items go directly to the inventory or do they go to the pack screen where I can save them for later?

They go into a separate cartel pack inventory that allows you to refund them if you change your mind before transferring them to your character. Once you transfer them to your character's inventory, they are non-refundable and locked to your character for 36 hours. You can either bind them to that character or transfer them out after the 36 hours elapse and they are no longer locked to that character. The usual collections unlock procedures and costs apply. Note that once or twice a year, collections unlock costs drop to half price, so if you're patient you can get your rad outfits on all characters for relatively cheap.

Orca on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Can't remember how much i paid on the GTN but is was my favorite armor for my commando.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/tactical-infantry/

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Oooh, I didn't realize they were adding Koth's, Lana's, and Senya's hairstyles to the cartel market tomorrow. HOORAY FOR PRETTY PRINCESS DRESSUP

• Options
    My JK is 38, and in chapter 2. Just finished Hoth. I have a bad feeling about this.

Something is about to go terribly wrong.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    My JK is 38, and in chapter 2. Just finished Hoth. I have a bad feeling about this.

Something is about to go terribly wrong.

Nah, it'll be fine.

Anyhoo, one thing I immediately noticed with the new content was (minor spoilers for Eternal Throne:
    I just got Senya's lightsaber dropped into my inventory. Surprised it didn't happen immediately after you get her back--assuming you did, you monster--in Eternal Throne, the way you get the gear for all the other companions as soon as they become available, and/or permanent if they can be killed--pretty sure I didn't get Koth's rifle until after chapter 3 of KOTET

And now actual spoilers for the Crisis on Umbara.
    The actual Iokath storyline looks even worse in retrospect because your chosen enemies remain your chosen enemies in storyline, even though most players will likely have been working both sides on every character the whole time. There's gameplay and story segregation and then there's this.

In fact the split is so badly handled there appears to be a minor bug in the new flashpoint where the enemy troops that shout lines don't even have their names in the window. You just get lines said by no one.

The reveal of the traitor...I don't know if it changes based on past decisions, or what. I figured it had to be one of the "main character" companions, or what would be the point, and then I figured it had to be one of the new ones, not one of your old companions, but then when the reveal was made I instantly thought it was a trick or disguise of some sort and the real character had been replaced. The explanation at least made character sense, but the intitial gloating voice didn't make sense in character.

Also because I started KOTET so recently and haven't done any of the uprisings the talk of rebellions and tyranny feels hyper-weird, as well as his "I've been planning this forever" comment, but that's all on me.

Real spoilers for the traitor's identity inside, as well as for Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser
    WHY CAN'T MY AGENT EVER BE HAPPY THERON WE COULD HAVE BEEN SO FUCKING PRETTY TOGETHERRRRRR

Seriously if the reaction of someone who romanced Theron--assuming it's always Theron, of course--doesn't at least attempt to approach the level of someone who romanced Iron Bull but let Bull's Chargers die so he betrays you in Trespasser, I'll be disappointed.

That said, on my main, it's not like you can't redeem fucking Arcann, so someone trying to assassinate him doesn't mean the character's arc is anywhere near over. And since the character did it to join some other clandestine organization, it's possible they're doing a super-duper deep cover thing.

And also...it's not like they don't have a point. I'm still miffed they set things up so there wasn't a "destroy the Eternal Throne" option, and running around with the Eternal Fleet personally putting down rebellions isn't the most freedom-and-peace-loving thing you can do. To say nothing of your gesture at the end, if you want them to come back, smacking of nothing so much as bribery.

Lastly, I'm always a bit amused that the loading interlude screen still defaults to the post-Hutt Cartel "War of Destines" crawl. NO AMOUNT OF STORY PROGRESS CAN DEFEAT THE INTERLUDE SCREEN

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I should probably get around to checking out the Eternal Throne stuff at some point, I'd subbed long enough to get the run-up goodies, but haven't actually played in forever.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    So if anyone hasn't done Iokath dailies yet today they seem to be worth like ten times as many command points as normal. Literally. I have the 10% character perk and I just got 1237 CXP from completing a single daily. I haven't seen any announcements as to what's going on with that.

EDIT: Oh that was the Light/Dark thing.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Did the Umbra instance, thoughts:
    I'm surprised to say I didn't see that coming and it doesn't really feel right. Especially as it seems like he's always the traitor...It makes more sense on my playthrough I suppose, I've treated him with respect but at the same time I killed his dad.

That's bound to put a wrinkle in any professional relationship. But all his dialogue...the way it went down and the reveal at the end. It feels like he's just going undercover.

• Options
    So next week (starting tomorrow) is apparently Double XP and CXP

• Options
    So it is. My main is now command level 69 (tee-hee-hee); I was level 61 when I started a few hours ago.

...also, um...

...I've been playing a Combat Sentinel for three weeks without realizing that Lance exists. It took me getting the six-piece bonus to figure it out.

Whoops.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Good news: the Precious Cargo pack looks like it's got some good gear
    Better news: most (all?) dailies are now worth on the order of 2500 CXP
    Bestest news: this is not considered an exploit

The CXP bug will be corrected next Tuesday, unless they decide to extend it. They are considering reworking the CXP points granted considerably (fucking finally), but we'll see where it shakes out.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The Iokath dailies were worth that many when your alignment was victorious, but they seem to have fixed that today. They're back down to ~168 points when your alignment is victorious.

Other dailies seem to be worth 2k+ in normal circumstances though.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The Iokath dailies were worth that many when your alignment was victorious, but they seem to have fixed that today. They're back down to ~168 points when your alignment is victorious.

Other dailies seem to be worth 2k+ in normal circumstances though.

Yeah, but the Iokath dailies are butts.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    In case you want to have a look at PvP
    there's a dueling tournament going on right now

• Options
    edited September 2017
    So finally played through the Smuggler story

Best one by far, or at least the best characters
    Risha is amazing

Example: on Corellia, if you have Risha with you when confronting and arresting Dodonna, Risha does a sassy little "have fun in prison" wave in the background

Edit: but I'm sure you guys know all of this already

Joolander on
  • Options
    I actually did not care for the Smuggler story that much. I've completed 5 stories now: Inquisitor, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Jedi Knight.

Smuggler was my least favorite of those 5. Don't get me wrong, it still had some good moments. It just wasn't my favorite. And I probably wouldn't ever replay it.

Honestly, I did have a few beefs with it though. The principle beef being that I never felt like a smuggler.
    To Bioware, the definition of smuggler must be "galactic delivery boy" because that's what I was. All of chapter 1: Risha's Delivery Quest was nothing but drop-offs and deliveries. Nowhere, not even once, did they state or even imply that the cargo I was carrying was illegal or contraband. I was just making sales of weird shit to eclectic buyers.

And also, I didn't like the companions very much. Bowdaar was very single-minded in all of his conversations. He never shut up, even for a minute, about being a slave. It's like dude, stop living in the past and enjoy your freedom.
    Bowdaar was an unlikable wookie, and I did not know that was even possible.

Also, the Mon Cal - I forget his name because he was completely insignificant - he was mentally deficient and lacking in useful qualities. The fact that he was forced onto my crew with no choice to jettison him into space was unrealistic to the character of my dude. I would have left him behind so fast.

The scenario would have played out like this "Hey Mon Cal, now's your chance to prove yourself. We've got a "top secret" mission on Tatooine." And then I would just leave him there.

Chapter 3 was admittedly pretty awesome, and they absolutely nailed the scoundrel side of things. But I just never felt like a smuggler.

One would think that at any point in the story, even just once, I would have gotten a chance to outrun an Imperial or Republic blockade. Or something.

• Options
    The bonanza is probably ending today.

I went from command level 79 to level 203 on my main in four days. WHOO

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Man, I didn't think it was possible to dislike Gus Tuno. He's the funniest companion in the game!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The bonanza is probably ending today.

I went from command level 79 to level 203 on my main in four days. WHOO

30 to 190. FUCK YEAH.

First time I bothered at all with Galactic Command.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Man, I didn't think it was possible to dislike Gus Tuno. He's the funniest companion in the game!

I thought he was the worst and hated him.