Options

[chat]ing in the 90's

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    v7f5y13zheg6.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    oh god there's a harvest moon snes style game on steam in sprites

*throws money*

With queer marriages.

WHAT GAME

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Alright, I got my steak meats marinading in the fridge, along with the capsicum and onion

tonight is fajita night

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    every time the temperature changes my sinuses cease functioning and I desire to take a power drill to my face

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    The Japan population story is interesting. "Japan is not plunging headlong into an abyss that resembles the setting of "Soylent Green", this could spell trouble for their economy."

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I meant to make bagels but it's eight

Ehhhhh

Bagels.... tomorrow morning I guess

Wait?

Making bagels?

You mean boiling and stuff?

I now the are supposed to be boiled and baked.

Well most of the time would be the sitting and rising, but yeah bagels are a thing I can competently make from flour-level scratch.

shive thats a pretty high level cooking skill

i always get messed up on the PUT IN NOODLES part

• Options
    Japan's "crisis" could be solved by being a little less xenophobic

I'm sure the situation will be dispassionately assessed by the Japanese people and they will agree with that position

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    every time the temperature changes my sinuses cease functioning and I desire to take a power drill to my face

50 degrees tomorrow!

And Sunday too.

And on Tuesday, snow!

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

*throws money*

With queer marriages.

WHAT GAME

Stardew Valley on Steam

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Thomamelas

I am catching up on Arrow...
    I was not expecting Vixen. I am down with that.

Also the Constantine line. OMG!

SOMEONE GIVE ME MORE CONSTANTINE!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Differential Equations lecturer mentions in his intro that he's worked on mathematical modelling based on social network info.

Encouraging us to tweet about the course with a specific hashtag.

Fuck you creepy maths stalker, you're not modelling anything based on me.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

I'm sure the situation will be dispassionately assessed by the Japanese people and they will agree with that position

Also by letting women have more rights and protections. Also by making it so women don't have to choose between jobs, and children.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »

Ehhhhh

Wait?

Making bagels?

Well most of the time would be the sitting and rising, but yeah bagels are a thing I can competently make from flour-level scratch.

I'm practicing domestic stuff so I can kill Hestia and become a goddess.

This plan cannot fail.

Also I just enjoy making things, and the more from scratch the better, and bagels are useful and not nearly as hard as you'd think (basically you just make and knead dough, let it sit, form it into bagels, boil it, then bake it!)

• Options

*throws money*

With queer marriages.

WHAT GAME

Stardew Valley on Steam

It looks cool, but it's also shifting towards a Terraria/Starbound vibe with the monsters and weapon crafting, which I (personally) feel is outside what a straight Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game should be about.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Please tell me that cat is called The Donald.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

*throws money*

With queer marriages.

WHAT GAME

Stardew Valley on Steam

It looks cool, but it's also shifting towards a Terraria/Starbound vibe with the monsters and weapon crafting, which I (personally) feel is outside what a straight Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game should be about.

It doesn't look very mandatory. Did you play Rune Factory at all? It doesn't really resemble Terraria or Starbound which were 2D and had an emphasis on platforming and digging/terrain alteration.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    a harvest moon clone with queer marriage you say

hm

hmmm

• Options

*throws money*

With queer marriages.

WHAT GAME

Stardew Valley on Steam

It doesn't look very mandatory. Did you play Rune Factory at all? It doesn't really resemble Terraria or Starbound which were 2D and had an emphasis on platforming and digging/terrain alteration.

It resembles Terraria/Starbound in a few regards, to my eye, including the weapon/monster aspect, the sprite style, and the general animations. It isn't based on a platforming system, no, but it's certainly carrying over some stylistics of those games. I also think it looks kind of ugly, but that's a personal opinion. Never played Rune Factory, but I understand it included monster shenanigans as well, so that may be where they're drawing from for that gameplay.

I don't know, it looks interesting, but I'm all Story of Season'd up with the 3DS game at the moment. Might check it out in a few months once the initial hype has died down some.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    evilbob wrote: »
    Differential Equations lecturer mentions in his intro that he's worked on mathematical modelling based on social network info.

Encouraging us to tweet about the course with a specific hashtag.

Fuck you creepy maths stalker, you're not modelling anything based on me.

You are in the class and on the roster. He told you to tweet. You did not.

It's too late, you're already in the model. Some fraction of a weighting in the classification matrix for "does not respond on social media"

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

To be fair to Japan, Japan's got virtually no cultural history of immigration except for some Koreans during the 30s and 40s, and that was during a war.

Sitting in a country whose self-narrative is entirely based around The Immigrant Story makes it very easy to prescribe immigration as an obvious solution.

And I mean, it is the solution, but it would be rather shocking if Japan just took right to it.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The machines only need a small number of people to respond. They were born in the void. They can see in the darkness. There is no escape.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    It resembles Terraria/Starbound in a few regards, to my eye, including the weapon/monster aspect, the sprite style, and the general animations. It isn't based on a platforming system, no, but it's certainly carrying over some stylistics of those games. I also think it looks kind of ugly, but that's a personal opinion. Never played Rune Factory, but I understand it included monster shenanigans as well, so that may be where they're drawing from for that gameplay.

I don't know, it looks interesting, but I'm all Story of Season'd up with the 3DS game at the moment. Might check it out in a few months once the initial hype has died down some.

Rune Factory enjoys a very, very positive reception. Any game that wants to tackle the Harvest Moon formula could learn a lot of things from it. This game doesn't seem to draw, at all, upon Terraria or Starbound, which are about something else entirely.

But if you don't know you don't know.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Ehhhhh

Wait?

Making bagels?

I'm practicing domestic stuff so I can kill Hestia and become a goddess.

Cooking Mama of War

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    @ Neco I am having black shin for dinner

this guy is almost there

WARNING: THIS IS A JOKE AND POSSIBLY GRAPHIC AND NO LONGER UNSPOILED

Hahaha

Frostbite is serious guys, please wear socks

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I see the memes are firmly in trump's corner

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I see the memes are firmly in trump's corner

a new dankness in town

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Socks are for nerds.

• Options
    Also someone send help, I don't know what I am doing with my hair

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    feeling good, haircut, workout

watching starcraft

so really what else is there

to think some folks in the world don't have esports in their lives makes me sad. rather than wax poetic about how happy it makes me I'll just point out the obvious: Korean announcers. How many times have I joyously repeated the ludicrous names of teams and players in horribly offensive accents? many times. many many times.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    feeling good, haircut, workout

watching starcraft

so really what else is there

to think some folks in the world don't have esports in their lives makes me sad. rather than wax poetic about how happy it makes me I'll just point out the obvious: Korean announcers. How many times have I joyously repeated the ludicrous names of teams and players in horribly offensive accents? many times. many many times.

Esports drama in Dota sustains me.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Kana wrote: »

To be fair to Japan, Japan's got virtually no cultural history of immigration except for some Koreans during the 30s and 40s, and that was during a war.

Sitting in a country whose self-narrative is entirely based around The Immigrant Story makes it very easy to prescribe immigration as an obvious solution.

And I mean, it is the solution, but it would be rather shocking if Japan just took right to it.

the answer in the US to our ills with social security is basically any young worker who wants a job in the US should be able to get a work permit and look for one

and yet

override367 on
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Zenefits' new leadership is cracking down on its "frat-house feel," banning alcohol in the office after some crude behavior, according to The Wall Street Journal.

It's just the latest change for a company that has been scrutinized for compliance issues ranging from paid time off policies to compliance with licensing laws. In the past, security guards had found "inappropriate" materials like "cigarettes, plastic cups filled with beer and several used condoms" in the company's stairwell, according to an internal email reviewed by the Journal.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I ended up leaving the hackathon thing

nobody needs an animator or for their app to have cute graphics I guess!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

I NEED HELP WITH HAIR

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I NEED HELP WITH HAIR

Fire

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I am not surprised.

But in my brain hackathons produce really rough first run stuff. The nice parts are made later if you win.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    You know what, fuck it. I'll straighten it out, and just pull it back into a pony tail if it gets in the way.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    http://www.okcupid.com/profile/verocelestine

Ok how much do I gotta.fix?

Be harsh with me...

This discussion has been closed.