As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]ing in the 90's

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2016
    I don't know what a good litmus test might be, or if there should be one. Are there irredeemable views? Idk. Maybe. I just try to stop reading before I feel myself going to a hateful place because I don't want to feel that way.

Organichu on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Murder them and wear their skin as a prize >.>

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    maybe. . .this show shouldn't exist.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Ok Jake that made me laugh

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Listening to some MRA at the bar asking his friend "who's better here than us?"

I want to throw my beer at him.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

But Drez

Who is better there than them

• Options
    edited February 2016
    2chuhr6.png

what even. what. 29 years how what.

lud come here we have work to do. together. with each other. if we start now maybe we can stabilize our forms.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I don't know what a good litmus test might be, or if there should be one. Are there irredeemable views? Idk. Maybe. I just try to stop reading before I feel myself going to a hateful place because I don't want to feel that way.

I feel like the last 5 years have really changed my outlook. Perhaps I have grown too old for these battles.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

But Drez

Who is better there than them

I'm not even there and I'd bet you I am.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Wasn't there a recent study that indicated that sleep is used to remove certain types of waste products from the brain?

There's a lot of different positive functions that are associated with sleep, but there's nothing approaching a "core function" that explains why we have sleep in the first place. Many different animals have many different types of sleep, and all of these types of sleep have different features and aspects, a lot of which were probably added in over the course of selection as additions to whatever the core function is. Why we sleep probably has something pretty fundamental to do with how nervous systems work: brains have to periodically "turn off" the environment for some reason.

Like, there's a lot of animals that would benefit from being able to just avoid sleep, but instead they have work around it in bizarre ways (like through having "half-sleep" or "microsleep"). There's potentially a lot of ways that the brain could clear out waste products while avoiding having to severely limit input for a period of time, and I'd kind of assume that these would be a lot easier to select for than the complex sleep behaviors we actually see in animals. Rather, I'd say it's a lot more likely that the reason sleep happens has a lot more to do with the structure of the whole network of neurons together rather than just individual neurons on a cellular level.

• Options
    this withered husk seeks beauty in its autumn years

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I feel like the last 5 years have really changed my outlook. Perhaps I have grown too old for these battles.

I'm definitely too old and too tired for these battles. I really need to just start blocking people wholesale.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

It seems as if you are in a predicament where the candidates are tripling down on abhorrent social conservatism and no coherent financial policy when you support fiscal conservatism and social moderately-liberalism.

But that's just my perspective on you and I could be totally off.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

yeah this is pretty much me right now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    My perspective on spool is that he got a fat ass. Mmm.

• Options

I'm definitely too old and too tired for these battles. I really need to just start blocking people wholesale.

My interactions here have proved to me that you don't have to limit your circle to one set of beliefs and philosophies in order to remove the screeching hellions from it.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    every time I try to type spool on my phone I type spoop. That's poops backwards
    Maek u thnk

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    every time I try to type spool on my phone I type spoop. That's poops backwards
    Maek u thnk

spoopy

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Chat, how do you read ignorant political comments on Facebook without getting an aneurysm from anger / disbelief? Because I'm really struggling with that right now.

Join group Cool Dog Group.

Watch political comments get drown in a sea of dogs.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    My interactions here have proved to me that you don't have to limit your circle to one set of beliefs and philosophies in order to remove the screeching hellions from it.

Very well said. I can and should have people of multiple viewpoints so I'm not part of an echo chamber, but I can trim the explicitly awful voices.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options

My interactions here have proved to me that you don't have to limit your circle to one set of beliefs and philosophies in order to remove the screeching hellions from it

SKREEEEEE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE SKREEEEEE

SKREEEEEE COLLEGE SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE SKREEEEEE

SKREEEEEE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS STILL A SENSIBLE POLICY SKREEEEEE

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    My perspective on spool is that he got a fat ass. Mmm.

mmmm *slap*

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    conquest on hard mode is hard
    i regret everything

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Alternatively you can just become a hermit -- that's how I avoid awkward or uncomfortable social situations.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Who wants to go overthrow some bourgeoisie?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I haven't felt like finishing my booze my last two trips out
    I think I'm getting burned out on drinking

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Chat, how do you read ignorant political comments on Facebook without getting an aneurysm from anger / disbelief? Because I'm really struggling with that right now.

Join group Cool Dog Group.

Watch political comments get drown in a sea of dogs.

solution: doge

sig.gif
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i regret everything

Conquest on Lunatic Plus without supports or paralogues, scrub.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    drunk and convinced this is it so fuck establishment

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i just tweeted at someone with a lot of followers on twitter and they responded like whoa and now my feed is blowing up with likes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i regret everything

Conquest on Lunatic Plus without supports or paralogues, scrub.
    ok.jpg

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    looking good cinders

you can dance, if you want to

sig.gif
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    looking good cinders

you can dance, if you want to

make sure you leave like every single one of us behind

it would be really weird to be on your phone on the dance floor

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

5/7 would dance

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

the worst version of DUE is really really jealous

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.