nba high fashion [chat]

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    A pupbarrel

It's like fuckbarrelling someone but the opposite

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The problem with using the word cuck is that it is too direct.

Everyone should instead use associated imagery and symbolism.

Low-energy horn-bearer, etc.

Exactly what a high-energy barrel shifter would say.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i also have to buy a ps4 so i can not play tekken 7/ anime fighting games at some point

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Wow, the subtitles on that movie clip are terrible! I'd like to rewrite them to capture dialog nuance.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    kedinik wrote: »

Exactly what a high-energy barrel shifter would say.

Right. I'm not an enervated stag, like my opponents.

Shivahn 2016: Not an enervated stag.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    The thing that bugs me about "cuck"is that there is a whole mess of nasty assumptions and rancid attitudes that lead into a person using it as an insult.

It's pretty repellent, even in jest.

So in elementary school in Italy horns was just another playground insult among like 8-year-olds with no particular concept of what it meant. Just knew that it was a bad thing and the gesture was vaguely dirty.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I really don't like that the term is having some kind of moment around here.

the shortened version is, imo, interchangeable with 'beta male' but more offensive and generally illicits a small seething rage in me. I really can't stand any type of red pill, mra, Elliot Rodger's type lingo, even if used ironically

i wish there were a nice way to say lighten up that didn't sound dickish because that's what I want to convey

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh my god this guys glasses

Photo slightly distorted because I had to get up close to the tv to negate the brightness

pnhwaxfdofm9.jpeg

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    I think it's hilarious when I use red pill terms ironically, but will generally not do so in text lest they be misinterpreted.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »

So in elementary school in Italy horns was just another playground insult among like 8-year-olds with no particular concept of what it meant. Just knew that it was a bad thing and the gesture was vaguely dirty.

I was just on the Wikipedia page - apparently Italy in particular has stuff like this (horn symbol being offensive, and so on.)

japan wrote: »
    The thing that bugs me about "cuck"is that there is a whole mess of nasty assumptions and rancid attitudes that lead into a person using it as an insult.

It's pretty repellent, even in jest.

Yeah, I actually find it super distasteful, for obvious reasons (because embedded in it is a lot of uncomfortable stuff about sexual fidelity that I find supremely uncomfortable).

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It's supposed to be repellent. I mean that is literally the joke.

I always think of that primary coloured glasses look as kind of a low countries thing

It seems to be popular there

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 98 pages.

Yes

Storm the Bastille, men

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'm the grandpa of the internet today.

What is a "low energy/high energy cuck"?

I'm genuinely curious and sure as shit not googling it.

ugh

a cuck is a term that is generally applied to a white guy who get turned on by seeing his wife/gf sleep with other men, generally black men

it is used most often by your typical gamer gate, red pill, /r/trump types. Especially on /r/trump. Anyone who opposes Trump is referred to as a 'cuck'

the same kinda person who would call someone 'beta' would use the term 'cuck'

it's being used ironically here in the forum, and it kinda bothers me a little but i get it

Ha, I honestly thought "man, that can't possibly mean what I think it does" and I'll be damned.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I fuckin knew it was Morricone, Elki's got too much kosh and jeffe influence to go rogue Italian New Wave

I ended up with Cuore di cane as a dead end (MAX VON SYDOW'S ITALIAN PERIOD!!!!)

did I miss the answer again?

Ludious wrote: »
    It's supposed to be repellent. I mean that is literally the joke.

Also like...well I guess I don't know how it is for men, but as a woman who is, of course, considered by these dudes to be the lowest of the low, or some foreign non-human object thing, it is pleasing to me to take their language and use it humorously, either turning it against them or simply taking the edge off by recontextualizing it.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Is that a golden retriever? I love goldens.

i think they are yellow labs

Hard to tell, they have longish fur!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 98 pages.

Yes

Storm the Bastille, men

master's tools, master's house something something JOIN MY SPLINTER IRC CHANNEL

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    It is sort of interesting to me that the term "cuck" has this weird racist connotation

Like I'm not sure there's an inherent reason that fetishism of sexual humiliation through infidelity should be tightly bound to racism, but there clearly is? It is strange to me.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I'm very confused

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think it's hilarious when I use red pill terms ironically, but will generally not do so in text lest they be misinterpreted.

I can't think of a reason I'd use it ever in person.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2016
    I fuckin knew it was Morricone, Elki's got too much kosh and jeffe influence to go rogue Italian New Wave

I ended up with Cuore di cane as a dead end (MAX VON SYDOW'S ITALIAN PERIOD!!!!)

Fists in the Pocket.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    It is sort of interesting to me that the term "cuck" has this weird racist connotation

Like I'm not sure there's an inherent reason that fetishism of sexual humiliation through infidelity should be tightly bound to racism, but there clearly is? It is strange to me.

Welcome to post-Civil War America

I feel as if this sudden reaction to a silly phrase meant to make fun of the very ideology that created it feels intellectually unkind

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I really don't like that the term is having some kind of moment around here.

Have you considered that we're all garbage people though

Elki wrote: »

Fists in the Pocket.

that was so obscure hahaha

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    HBO will air terminally ill comedian Quincy Jones' special.

Fuck yes.

I feel as if this sudden reaction to a silly phrase meant to make fun of the very ideology that created it feels intellectually unkind

This is hardly sudden, I think I've seen everyone who's complaining complain on this topic before.

Except me, I guess.

I dunno it just makes me squick in a way that most obscene humour doesn't

I don't really have any refined position on it

edited March 2016
    bowen wrote: »

I can't think of a reason I'd use it ever in person.

Pretty much entirely to make my husband laugh at the fact that I'm saying it. Like I might comment about how a character in media is a beta cuck or whatever. I don't think there's anyone else in my circle who would necessarily find it funny.

credeiki on
    Mayeri's Reasoning From Race outlines the history of binding the spectre of non-white (black) men coming for white women as a powerful political tool against various things

Combine that with puritanism regarding anti-miscegenation and marriage as the last bastions against the ethnic hordes and it's one of the more explicable fetishes

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I google "Rey figurine" and along the top is a whole bunch of links to places you can buy them. Walmart seems to be the best bet. And there's a bunch on eBay of course.

It might also depend on what exactly you're looking for. Barnes and Noble (American bookstore that also sells toys and board games and music and movies) has a lot of Star Wars stuff in stock, as well as other pop culture swag, but I don't know if they have a GI Joe style Rey figurine for example.

Looks like the Disney store got the die cast one back in stock, but that one is 25 bucks. The one I had my eye on was 8 bucks, except not really, because everywhere sells it for 25+. I'd much rather buy something like that in a store as well. They only made 2-3 variants, it looks like.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    further evidence of my tenuous grasp of the English language - I always thought the cuckold was the one doing the fucking.

Oh brilliant
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

It's also because black guys have bigger dicks and are better at the sex making.

Once you go black and all that.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Although the usage on this forum is not meant to be offensive, clearly some people have found it offensive.

Furthermore, they may have been remaining silent because they didn't want to make a fuss when it appeared to be a popular term, but now that more people have expressed their displeasure these previously silent objectors feel more comfortable speaking up.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    yeah I just have issues related to this so it bugs me. Cheating really gets me out of sorts, but it's my thing and I don't want to impose it on people.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

This is hardly sudden, I think I've seen everyone who's complaining complain on this topic before.

Except me, I guess.

you low energy cluck

KA KAKAW KA KAW KA KAKA KAKA KA KAW

tumblr_m2sts9O1BI1r7vuvuo4_250.gif

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    I think it's similar to the way that my husband will also make jokes on the theme of 'fake geek girl'--appropriating the crappiness of the internet in a way that we find funny.

This discussion has been closed.