• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    uhm so some post I probably misread here said
    squiddles universe made troll universe and became their gods
    troll universe scratched, troll universe 2 made made human universe
    human universe scratched, human universe 2 made cherub universe
    cherub universe made lord English
    Lord English broke the game and messed with everything
    human universe 2 retconned and made act 7 universe, the end.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The gods of the furthest ring are good in my book. They found themselves in a multiverse where there were a ton of alien teenagers dying in different timelines and they didn't really have to give a fuck about that because they were massive elder gods, but they were like "yeah, this is pretty fucked up, here's an afterlife for you guys to make all this a little less fucked up."

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2016
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    uhm so some post I probably misread here said
    squiddles universe made troll universe and became their gods
    troll universe scratched, troll universe 2 made made human universe
    human universe scratched, human universe 2 made cherub universe
    cherub universe made lord English
    Lord English broke the game and messed with everything
    human universe 2 retconned and made act 7 universe, the end.

That first bit is ... definitely a theory some people have had. Andrew hasn't confirmed that aspect (and i'm pretty sure any implication thereof is meant to be just jokes but that doesn't mean much in mspa), but squiddles ARE meant to be some kind of cutesy manifestation of the outer ring gods (and their nemesis Skipper Plumbthroat is a sideways allusion to their destruction). Whether that is just in Jade's subconscious, or just as a metaphor for the kid's SBurb game, or has some multiversal resonance, has never been established.

tynic on
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    What the fuck did droog ever end up doing

How did Betty Crocker get to the alpha universe

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    For real though, what happened to Sollux, and the "prime" Nepeta and Feferi ghosts for that matter?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    For real though, what happened to Sollux, and the "prime" Nepeta and Feferi ghosts for that matter?

Either in the afterlife forever or destroyed by calliope

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I imagine the Epilogue will clear some of this stuff up

But it's a whole lot of stuff isn't it

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well I mean

obviously he couldn't give sollux "duality" "two things" captor his final disposition in homestuck 1

and all nepeta's stuff will be covered in nepetaquest 2012

fef just doesn't matter, joke character

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I feel like it can be cleared up, but there's little that really needs to be.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Seriously wrote: »
    well I mean

obviously he couldn't give sollux "duality" "two things" captor his final disposition in homestuck 1

and all nepeta's stuff will be covered in nepetaquest 2012

fef just doesn't matter, joke character

Feferi is great, other than because I'm a Pisces.

I also enjoy the slight irony between her usual disposition and the closest thing to a jumpscare in Homestuck.

ASimPerson on
    edited April 2016
    unless the epilogue heavily features chatlogs I can't imagine it's going to do a lot for me

I definitely enjoyed a lot of the weird plot shit, but at the end of the day I can't summon a lot of feelings for quasi-canon half alternate-dancester ghost horse joke troll and exactly which remove from reality they wound up in, and whether that remove is or isn't when you all the way untangle the plot

which is fine, even if the ending had inspired antipathy instead of just apathy I still had loads of fun with the story while it was rolling

and even if qchadghjt turns out to be isn't they still had a brief glittering moment in a walkaround, probably

EDIT: heh that's right

act5 act2/late 2010
    there was one update that was just jade trying to shoot one (1) measly bec-prototyped imp and it was like five minutes of being warped all over the game session

and there was like three fucking daves

such a simple idea but the presentation was delightful

oh wait we have a new reader don't we

Seriously on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Okay hands in the air if you think the Epilogue will give straightforward answers to your questions

Those of you with your hands up, have you learned nothing the past 7 years

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Okay hands in the air if you think the Epilogue will give straightforward answers to your questions

Those of you with your hands up, have you learned nothing the past 7 years

What if I've lost all patience for vague fake outs over the last 7 years?

X22wmuF.jpg
    speaking of half joke alternate ghost horses

it's happy floweyart!

spoilers for undertale endings probably?

EMZMEoz.png
    QuXCbs9.png
    Emb3KY8.png
    4q3oVpU.png

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Boss art. Spoilers for neutral runs.

Moth 13 on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I almost kinda don't want an epilogue; I feel like we got the info we needed from the ending, and am happy to speculate on stuff that happens outside the scope of the game, without super concrete info.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I am skeptical that an epilogue could meaningfully address my complaints with the ending because the more I think of it shit started getting weird as soon as all the hiatuses kicked up

The pacing of most of the comic is slow and big and lumbering in a way that meticulously sets the place for every little piece

And then the last chunk of the story feels like "Jesus Christ this has gone on too long lets just end it already"

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    A real 13-year-old in Homestuck would be a catatonic ball of fear the second something like Jack or shit even certain imps came along.

They follow the Fiction Rule of Children where they only act like kids when the plot demands it. That's why a game literally manipulating the real world is just seen as a normal thing.

Eh...

I think kids who are used to Strife even before SBurb are likely to be less perturbed at kicking arse.

Also, with the playthroughs Rose was reading, I suspect any kids who behaved like this got meteored before they entered the session proper.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Character art, spoilers for pacifist runs.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    basically a red herring with minimal resolution
    Whoa, no open Act 7 spoilers just yet.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    act 7 is when we'll explore the red herring session and meet the 128 individual red herring players

BahamutZERO.gif
    act 7 is when we'll explore the red herring session and meet the 128 individual red herring players

if it went from 4 to 12 to 48 then logically the next session back should have 240

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Red Herring session created the Squiddles Universe.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    red herring session created scooby and the gang

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    red herring session created scooby and the gang

tumblr_m9ut6bNyrY1qeg52no1_400.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09

if it went from 4 to 12 to 48 then logically the next session back should have 240

logically there's very little reason to assume there's any pattern at all with only 3 data points, one of which I think was a non-canon joke Hussie made one time outside the comic, SPEED

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2016

logically there's very little reason to assume there's any pattern at all with only 3 data points, one of which I think was a non-canon joke Hussie made one time outside the comic, SPEED

Look I'm just saying if a test question said "give the next number in the series: 4, 12, 48" I am hard pressed to come up with any answer other than 240

And actually we do have another data point, the cherub 2 player session, which totally matches the pattern

Speed Racer on
    wait I thought the pattern was dividing the number of players by 3 each time, how does the cherub session fit

BahamutZERO.gif
    2 * 2 = 4 * 3 = 12 * 4 = 48 * 5 = 240...

I'll be the first to admit I was never great at those "what's the pattern" test questions

BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    by popular demand, here's virtually the entirety of homestuck compressed into a single eleven minute video
    (there's an epilepsy warning at the start that i will reiterate, cause like, dang)

https://youtu.be/brTcai-9TfQ

uc3ufTB.png
    Yeah, I definitely had to redirect my eyes a couple times and remember to blink.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Seems prett yclear that there isn't an afterlife anymore.

The dream bubbles were contained in paradox space, which has been obliterated by the green sun's collapse.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    by popular demand, here's virtually the entirety of homestuck compressed into a single eleven minute video
    (there's an epilepsy warning at the start that i will reiterate, cause like, dang)

https://youtu.be/brTcai-9TfQ

Oh man.

SBurban Jungle really takes me back.

I think I'll go back and finally finish that noteflight arrangement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

The dream bubbles were contained in paradox space, which has been obliterated by the green sun's collapse.

As much as using a hole punch on a sheet of paper obliterates it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited April 2016
    Goatmon wrote: »

hs act 7 spoilers and vague unfocused speculation
    the afterlife as we saw it probably is gone, yeah. it was an artificial thing and pretty thoroughly wrecked by the end of the story

but the ring of destruction LE made in his rampage across space time made a handy tear away portion of reality, the black hole consumed everything inside it but doesn't reach past

it's a mind-bogglingly large hole, but paradox space is everything. even if the kids "escaped the narrative" they're still in a universe frog nestled in the center of an incipisphere, and all the incipispheres are in paradox space

so I guess the hole is homestuck? the story of homestuck, all the stuff we saw and read. and paradox space is the concept of the setting

maybe that's one of the reasons S_O decided to make himself a character, so he could throw himself into the hole along with everything else

Seriously on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I buy LE being a threat to all paradox space.
    Was there some reason that the dream bubbles were limited to dead trolls and humans?

If not, why weren't other session's players depicted (aside Calliope) not depicted?
    I'd suggest it's because LE got wrecked before he even left the paradox space surrounding the sessions the comic focuses on.

TL:DR
    Where are the squiddle dream bubbles

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Character art, spoilers for pacifist runs.
    Lesser Dog's head as the cap for the umbrella is such a nice touch.

I have a twitter.
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I'm not sure I buy LE being a threat to all paradox space.
    Was there some reason that the dream bubbles were limited to dead trolls and humans?

If not, why weren't other session's players depicted (aside Calliope) not depicted?

It was because fef communed with them for that purpose
    So the real question is how calliope

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.