As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    I guess there is going to be an official video, but until then, a glimpse at the Fart Academy gallery, while Holly plays Pokemon Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muwDeS3Tb-8
    The Suzy Ü thing never stops being hilarious.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I lived anywhere near LA. Would have loved to buy a print.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Arin's going to come back with the necessary potions/ethers/revives he needs and Buntd, is going to wreck the Elite Four. Today's going to be the Finale I bet! Beedrill best pokeyman confirmed. Arin's genuine shock when he one-shotted(or almost one-shotted?) one of those Hitmonchans was fantastic.

WOAHHH

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Arin's going to come back with the necessary potions/ethers/revives he needs and Buntd, is going to wreck the Elite Four. Today's going to be the Finale I bet! Beedrill best pokeyman confirmed. Arin's genuine shock when he one-shotted(or almost one-shotted?) one of those Hitmonchans was fantastic.

WOAHHH

He's out of money. And he lost half of what he had.

• Options
    He didn't save after he bought stuff at the beginning. He'll have to face the first two people again, but he can just reload and buy what he needs.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

WOAHHH

He's out of money. And he lost half of what he had.

They never saved after they started, all they have to do is restart the system off camera and either go grind some money or buy intelligently.

Hopefully he doesn't forget to use the candy again too.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    NES Remix videos are a lot of fun.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

only problem I have with them is whoever goes first is most likely to win. to arin's credit, he offered to let barry go first the second video

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

only problem I have with them is whoever goes first is most likely to win. to arin's credit, he offered to let barry go first the second video

Yeah they should really switch off between games.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    On Buntd: Levels are great! Levels aint everything, though. And as far as defense goes, Beedrill takes physical hits worse than a MAGIKARP (which incidentally is probably why people think Beedrill has a 4x weakness to rock as he gets owned. It's only 2x, he's just as sturdy as an actual bee). He can still win. But it won't be free.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I may have been wrong about today's Pokemon...

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

What they seem to be doing actually is pretty fair. One player has a go first, then the second and then the first has the chance to beat the time. They keep going until someone cannot beat the new time set by the previous player.

That seems pretty fair to me.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

What they seem to be doing actually is pretty fair. One player has a go first, then the second and then the first has the chance to beat the time. They keep going until someone cannot beat the new time set by the previous player.

That seems pretty fair to me.

Oh no, I'm not saying its unfair per say. But there's diminishing returns from what can be accomplished post run 3. First player goes blind, allowing second player to see what's what. Second player knows where to fix the mistakes of P1 on their run. P1 now has run it once and watched it once and iterates further. There's really no good odds the second player can improve on the 4th attempt as all the kinks have basically been ironed out by then. So if you want to win, your best chance is to go first.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Ninja Sex Party (and Starbomb and Arin and etc.) are going to Chicago! Wow, first Gabe goes to Gen Con, and now this. Finally the Midwest gets some love.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I love how annoyed people are at arin being terrible at Pokemon

This is what all of you asked for

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    One day they will learn that this is what they signed up for.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

The best thing is, he clearly and utterly knows what he's doing. This is deliberate and considered trolling in video form.

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

The best thing is, he clearly and utterly knows what he's doing. This is deliberate and considered trolling in video form.

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

What..exactly gave you that impression? It's pretty obvious that he's bad at Pokemon.

Today's episode is another perfect example.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

What..exactly gave you that impression? It's pretty obvious that he's bad at Pokemon.

Arin Hanson: Grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Options

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

Because they are well aware of what people think of bug pokemon and there is a distinct reason Beedrill is like level 90 compared to everyone else in the roster. This is deliberate trolling and Arin will be drinking the tears of everyone who is complaining, right off his numerous chins.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    nah, he has some vary basic knowledge of pokémon. He really thought buntd, would steamroll the Elite 4. His choice of buntd, was initially a bit of trolling, but rest assured this is not some super elaborate master-prank.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, being good at pokemon requires a lot of rote memorization of arbitrary data, which Arin doesn't seem to be great at.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

Because they are well aware of what people think of bug pokemon and there is a distinct reason Beedrill is like level 90 compared to everyone else in the roster. This is deliberate trolling and Arin will be drinking the tears of everyone who is complaining, right off his numerous chins.

I mean, yeah, he knows that Beedrill is considered weak and is using it despite of that - which is totally fine. But stuff like not knowing type matchups, not knowing which type(s) various Pokemon have, bad use of healing items, bad timing at switching Pokemon..he's just not very good at the game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    To be fair, being "good" at Pokemon means a lot of different things. Like you can beat the story without ever touching breeding or online battles, etc. A big part of being good at Pokemon is just grinding, and when you get to that point it doesn't make for good LP material.

People have beaten the Elite Four with a myriad of joke Pokemon, Beedrill is hardly the worst one to take in. If he had stocked up on items and maybe taught it one or two different moves it would be a lot easier but he wasn't doing too bad all things considered.

No offense to whoever they got to grind for them but I could have done a better job (and I am sure a lot of people could too). If the goal was to set up Arin for success, they got about a B-. I expected him to come back with a team of lvl 100 Beedrills, or his whole team leveled, but instead he had one decent Pokemon and a bunch of underleveled ones, and no money.

It's made for a fun revisit but it's classic Game Grumps: they play a fan-favorite game, play like two comedians instead of two MLG 420 No-Scope players, and lose, thus infuriating the fans who know the game so well they might as well be jacked into the Pokemon Matrix.

Whatcha gonna do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options

God bless you Arin.

God bless you.

Nah, whole Beedrill thing is deliberate. Forgetting that psychic is weak to bug probably wasn't intentional, but he has acknowledged that info in a previous pokemon episode. I'm guessing it slipped his mind in the heat of the moment while acting like a goofball. No biggie, though, today will surely be the finale...maybe...

• Options
    I've been running the Fire Red playlist as background noise while I play Alpha Sapphire, and it's pretty funny everytime they remember Knurtt. "Oh man, he's gonna be so strong!"

• Options
    Aaaaand it's done. If any mon deserves to be enshrined in that HoF, it's definitely Knurttt :P

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    And Arin learns why no one uses hydro pump/blizzard/fire blast

t'was ever thus

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Heh, I love that Knurt made it to the Hall of Fame after doing fucking nothing the whole time. What a fitting end to that playthrough. :biggrin:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    With all the pokemon hype going around I wouldn't be surprised if they continued their frustrating pokemon adventures.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I want them to play ORAS so Danny can see how far Pokemon has come.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    With all the pokemon hype going around I wouldn't be surprised if they continued their frustrating pokemon adventures.

Arin probably shouldn't do what he said at the end and play another Gen 1 game. It's a fan favorite but there's no point really. Gen 2 would be fun, the best part of the Pokemon play through was Danny's reactions to each monster. That and the great names they come up with for them.

The only problem is I believe there's no way to play Heart Gold/Soul Silver on a TV so they might have to do OG G/S/C.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    And Arin learns why no one uses hydro pump/blizzard/fire blast

t'was ever thus

Yeah, I made that mistake a lot as a kid, alwats going for the most "powerful" move. But when I got older and revisited Pokemon, I came to the conclusion that the strongest hitting move isn't always the best, especially when you factor in type weaknesses, PP limitations and, most importantly, accuracy.

I've played enough Xcom and Fallout 1 & 2 to know that you can never trust a % less than 100. So, I'll always pick Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Ice Beam over Thunder / Fireblast / Blizzard.

However, it was pretty amusing watching Arin get salty over missing thise Blizzards and Hydro Pumps.

• Options
    Yeah, I just gave my Gyrados Hydro Pump last night... whoopsie =/

• Options
    Best/worst part of the whole pokemon thing is that Arin could have easily just beaten the game without any grinding before if he just played even a little bit smarter. The 3 legendary birds were enough to carry him through most of the elite 4, and if he needed any more help, he could have picked up mewtwo.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    you only get access to mewtwo after having beaten the elite four

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    you only get access to mewtwo after having beaten the elite four

It's been a loooooooooooong time. Still, he had everything he need a year ago.

• Options
    Dont watch Inside unless you have no plans to play it yourself!