As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    There's probably no real way for them to make the brackets "fair" via gear in their current framework that can't be exploited. Being forced into a higher bracket because you got a 200+ Gear Score item that you're not going to use or are waiting for some kind of buff or w/e isn't necessarily fair either.

Max DZ Rank achieved on a character to lock into a bracket? I mean, there is a metric of activity based progression that they're just... ignoring. You have your tiers of player levels with ranges of max DZ rank. Will it fragment the population? Sure, there will be gaps, and a twink or stagnant leveler would be behind should they cross a threshold and progress. But it would also make the hunter/prey gap in the PK environment smaller too.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Challenge Falcon remains basically impossible for anyone who isn't already exploited into a full 240 set of gear. This is stupid.

I pubbed it and I was the highest at GS195 or so without a single piece of 240 or a full set of 214. :P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Yeah it's super easy to get below 160. They could tweak it to look at your highest weapon instead of all 3 slots and your highest armor or something. Or keep track of you highest ever gear score or something... I dunno.

But even as is it just takes an alt to let you Exploit the brackets.

Right now, I've managed to drop my GS down to sub-160 levels (159), but it's taken a bit of sacrifice. Using a Liberator, purple Aug, grey pistol, Striker mask and kneepads, HE crafted chest, HE crafted backpack, and 163 everything else brought me to 161. In order to get back to 159, I've had to switch out to an HE backpack that I got as a drop back when the crafted HE backpacks were still prone to bugging out (and I wanted a spare just in case I got hit by it). I was using, in place of the Aug, a HE M1A that I got from my many General Assembly runs...but that pushed me up to GS163...so that had to be sacrificed to my alt.

So while it is easy to get your GS down...but it also takes a bit of sacrifice.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    182 weapons, gs1 sidearm. Gear's a mix between 182- and 163-pieces and I'm landing on a 158-159gs.
    The lower bracket simply has less hackers and 4man nazgul teams that sweep the streets clean of life where they roam.

• Options
    Panda4You wrote: »
    182 weapons, gs1 sidearm. Gear's a mix between 182- and 163-pieces and I'm landing on a 158-159gs.
    The lower bracket simply has less hackers and 4man nazgul teams that sweep the streets clean of life where they roam.

Yeah, what's uncomfortably pushing my GS up are the two crafted Strikers items (GS204) I have on.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    No dailies again?

Apparently the cause is that today's dailies were hard coded to fire on "April 31st."

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4hnktj/the_reason_for_no_dailies_april_31st/

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    No dailies again?

Apparently the cause is that today's dailies were hard coded to fire on "April 31st."

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4hnktj/the_reason_for_no_dailies_april_31st/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    it might help if they actually fixed which dz you are ranked into. There is one for gear less than 160, but that counts all the gear you have IN YOUR STASH from what I've heard. that is absolutely ludicrous. it should be only gear that is on your person, because its not like i can get to my stash in the dz. unless there is some unknown exploit for that too. Maybe it has something to do with the dz vendors? but who the hell can tell what massive is thinking at this point.

Yes, that was a fix because prior to that you could replace for pistol with a gray level 1 pistol and tank your gear score enough to be put in the 1-160 DZ despite every other slot being well above 160. So instead of just dumping your gold pistol in your stash you now have to hop to another character and then take it out of the stash with that character.

Which at first I thought was ludicrous because "oh noes now you have to switch characters" isn't exactly a high barrier to entry.

But from what I've seen nope, I was wrong, the assholes who were swapping their pistol just so they could pk people who can't really fight back are actually that lazy.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I feel like they could easily come up with SOME way to keep people from gaming the GS zone system. Maybe simply force you to have all gear on you below that threshold, instead of just an averaged gear score. Seems like that would fix the "level 1 pistol/secondary + level 999 primary to own the noobs who haven't been playing long enough"

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    I'm pretty ok with it as it is but then I'm a fan of being able to pretty much destroy anyone that tries to jump me because I don't kill other players except in self defense and I actively avoid people that choose to go rogue

• Options
    dav3yb wrote: »
    I feel like they could easily come up with SOME way to keep people from gaming the GS zone system. Maybe simply force you to have all gear on you below that threshold, instead of just an averaged gear score. Seems like that would fix the "level 1 pistol/secondary + level 999 primary to own the noobs who haven't been playing long enough"

There's a lot of stuff they could do but the real underlying issue is that it's such a shitty experience being in the upper bracket often being killed by people who exploited the incursion repeatedly for rewards.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Did they disable the weekly reward for incursion, or have I just not been getting a refresh on that quest for ....2 weeks?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Kruite wrote: »
    Did they disable the weekly reward for incursion, or have I just not been getting a refresh on that quest for ....2 weeks?

It resets Sunday night. Have you done it since then and not gotten the weekly reward?

---

In other news, 4 man "rogue" groups in low populated instances are the fucking worst. I say "rogue" because the population density isn't enough for people to fight and lose to them often enough, so they just run off their timers trivially and then roam around and shoot the next solo they see and keep repeating it. Doubly stupid that you know they're about to shoot you and shooting first to have something resembling a fighting chance just increases your penalty.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Switched gears a bit to have a sweet overheal on heals chest to go with tact 3 booster overheal and Smart Cover.

It's going to take some getting used to managing cool downs and walk refreshes but it's pretty much 100% uptime on over shield with 80% extra defense and 65% extra damage.

Hard mode incursion was just me running around like a crazy person heal/ overshield/buffing everyone.

Of course dz encounter a full group of level 99 manhunts. Lost a few 2on4 fights then we had a third show up and managed to wipe them a few times. Current build is a bit low dps but I feel like I have 100% security link

616610-1.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I have not gotten the weekly reward since week 1.

Managed to complete Challenge mode with a pug (we were all 190+) It's possible, but the snipers were 1-shotting me if they got a headshot.
    Even with 65% armor reduction and 60k health.

Crafting Mod's for +elite protection may be the way to go

• Options
    I have not gotten the weekly reward since week 1.

Managed to complete Challenge mode with a pug (we were all 190+) It's possible, but the snipers were 1-shotting me if they got a headshot.
    Even with 65% armor reduction and 60k health.

Crafting Mod's for +elite protection may be the way to go

Send a ticket into support and see what they say?

60k HP is kinda low even with 65% armor IMHO. I run 81k or so with 57% and some small amount of Elite protection as well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1443797-Changelog-May-4th-Maintenance?p=11670312#post11670312
    Here is the list of changes implemented during the maintenance of May 4:

Updated the list of Daily Missions to avoid any potential missing days. Please note that the list has been updated on the server only and may not appear updated in the client files.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    No dailies again?

My first thought was "how the fuck do you even manage that?!"

Then I looked at the code the guy posted up on reddit.

Just wow.

I mean, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game myself, but I'm definitely starting to understand why they're having so many bug problems. At least if this is in any way indicative.

• Options
    "183gs" weapon mods still costing double the amount of tools to craft than they're supposed to. Fixing an integer is hard work! :)

• Options
    Reckless chest is one of the most damming. The bug is one of the biggest issues in their prized dark zone and there's no good reason it should be hard to fix....

616610-1.png
  • Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4htt6h/04052016_state_of_the_game/

summary of State of Game from today. Could be good.

• Options
    New 200+ DZ bracket sounds like a fantastic idea.

At least for me with my scrubby 170 GS anyway...

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Now if only they could prevent smurfing with that new tier too :snap:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

It resets Sunday night. Have you done it since then and not gotten the weekly reward?

---

In other news, 4 man "rogue" groups in low populated instances are the fucking worst. I say "rogue" because the population density isn't enough for people to fight and lose to them often enough, so they just run off their timers trivially and then roam around and shoot the next solo they see and keep repeating it. Doubly stupid that you know they're about to shoot you and shooting first to have something resembling a fighting chance just increases your penalty.

This has been my experience in the DZ as of late. I walk in and immediately get ganked by 4 "rogue" players that are working together with better gear than me.

• Options
    Now if only they could prevent smurfing with that new tier too :snap:

Considering that GS160-200 can be hit with four pieces of 204 set gear, the rest 183 and a grey pistol means that I'm going to keep schlepping around the sub-160 tier for a good long whiles.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular

Eh, I'll wait to see how the actually execute. It all sounds good on paper, but this is the same live team that said "You will not be disappointed about the crafting nerf. Believe me" or "Trust us you're going to love the changes to drops". They have a history of fucking awful execution, so yeah, put me in in solidly in the skeptical camp.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

---

This has been my experience in the DZ as of late. I walk in and immediately get ganked by 4 "rogue" players that are working together with better gear than me.
    That's just playing the game it's meant to be played. ^^

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    @urahonky and @Panda4You , I just started playing this week, and if this is how the game is supposed to be played, then I am out.

• Options
    I actually quite enjoy the tension of hiding from the roaming gank squads. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've found if I keep my wit's about me I can avoid them for the most part.

There's always safety in numbers too. Doesn't take long for me to grab a pug group to run with.

• Options
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    urahonky and Panda4You , I just started playing this week, and if this is how the game is supposed to be played, then I am out.

A lot of us don't bother stepping into the Dark Zone. The rewards aren't worth the frustration currently while running missions is still fun.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Meanwhile I spent an hour or so a week outside the dz running incursion and 20+ inside fighting rogues and occasionally starting shit.

I have a no gank policy though. Groups can not contain less members than us. Sometimes a squad mate violates this rule and I question if we are the baddies.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Reckless chest is one of the most damming. The bug is one of the biggest issues in their prized dark zone and there's no good reason it should be hard to fix....

They mentioned this in last night's State of the Game. They say it needs a client-side change, which means it has to go through Sony and Microsoft approval process. They do have a fix for it, but it won't come out until the 1.2 client-side update.

• Options
    ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    urahonky and Panda4You , I just started playing this week, and if this is how the game is supposed to be played, then I am out.

A lot of us don't bother stepping into the Dark Zone. The rewards aren't worth the frustration currently while running missions is still fun.

I mostly agree. Although DZ isn't too bad if you're running with a group. At this point going in solo has stopped being fun.

I would still love a PvE-only version of the DZ. They did mention in State of the Game that the general PvE will be getting some attention. So we'll have to see what that looks like.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    I actually quite enjoy the tension of hiding from the roaming gank squads. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've found if I keep my wit's about me I can avoid them for the most part.

There's always safety in numbers too. Doesn't take long for me to grab a pug group to run with.

There's a difference between getting ganked at the checkpoint and avoiding rogue squads. Checkpoint kills should not be worth any amount of exp/money.

Also there's been dozens of times where I'm trying to get into the checkpoint but can't because some mob 2 miles away is still "aggro" to me.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    urahonky wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »

There's a difference between getting ganked at the checkpoint and avoiding rogue squads. Checkpoint kills should not be worth any amount of exp/money.

Also there's been dozens of times where I'm trying to get into the checkpoint but can't because some mob 2 miles away is still "aggro" to me.

Yeah, that's pretty rough. I can't imagine it can really be worth it for the gankers either. How often does someone actually come through a specific entrance in the DZ? Surely running round pegging mobs is more useful for DZ peen points?

The "in combat" for this game is 15 year cask strength bullshit. More crappy code rather than intended functionality I assume.

Campy on
  • Options
    Anyone else having server issues since the update last night? I've had Delta errors all over the place since trying to hop on tonight.

• Options
    Anyone else having server issues since the update last night? I've had Delta errors all over the place since trying to hop on tonight.

No delta issues but some minor lag.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    A great way to fix roaming gank squads would be to make it such that anyone who hits DZ 99 is segregated on a DZ bracket reserved entirely for DZ 99 people. Even if you drop down to DZ 98, you're still in that bracket, because at one time you were DZ 99, and that's all that matters.

• Options
    They could just sort their stats out when calculating a players GS. Stuff like removing or weighting the highest/lowest GS items or something, if you run with 1 weapon, then copy the GS from your other one etc.