Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    It's so much less stressful when you're like me and stop giving a shit about even attempting Ultimates.

My A-Team can fairly consistently master +++ fights, and that's good enough for me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    oh hey, a 4*. that's exciting i guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm not thrilled that there are medal conditions for 2 separate machinist skills on this ultimate. Feels like I should have gone after Aldebaran a little harder. Edgar will have to do.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    100 Gem Kagenui! FFXII Synergy at last! And a physical AoE SSB that plays nice with Shout (not that I ever use it) to boot.

Rius on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ultimate down, considering ultimate + now or wait.

It's only 1 stamina, so there can't be harm in trying it now I guess

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Back from the front. Battle reports:

Ultimate Rufus and dog friend
    Screenshot_2016-04-27-18-41-15.png
    The team:
    Cloud: Lifesiphon/Retaliate (Blade Beam)
    Red XIII: Full Break/ Attack Breakdown (Lunatic High/ Stardust Ray)
    Zack: Tempo Flurry/ Armor Break (Air Strike)
    Vanille: Dispel/ Shellga (Oerba's Boon) [NOTE: Double hit equipped]
    Tyro: Curaga/ Protectga (Sentinel's Grimoire)
    RW Shout

The dog gets wiped out pretty fast, the main thing is avoiding unlucky hits or letting protection slip. It's kind of tricky to know when to apply new Full Breaks, or choose between a heal, an SG, or a Protectga. Red is awesome for providing all kinds of different coverage in a pinch.

Ultimate + Hojo
    Screenshot_2016-04-28-20-06-33.png
    The team:
    Cloud: Lifesiphon/ Retaliate (Blade Beam)
    Red XIII: Full Break/ Firaja (Lunatic High/ Stardust Ray)
    Auron: Draw Fire/ Retaliate (Dragon Fang) [NOTE: Anti-Blind gear equipped]
    Vanille: Dispel/ Esuna (Oerba's Boon) [NOTE: Double hit equipped]
    Tyro: Curaga/ Protectga (Sentinel's Grimoire)
    RW Shout
    I was coming very close, but the Blind dropped my damage to nothing. So with five minutes left before the event disappeared, I swapped Auron's accessory from Attack + to Blind blocking. I also dropped Shellga from Vanille since Red could cover and added Esuna to make CERTAIN that phase didn't screw me. Turns out Esuna wasn't needed, but eh.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    Ultimate down, considering ultimate + now or wait.

It's only 1 stamina, so there can't be harm in trying it now I guess

Aside from making space for the medal conditions, Ultimate looks pretty easy. Almost everything is single target, so it seems like it'd be completely broken by Grand Cross/Indom Blade plus Drawtaliate (for Basch!). That'd just leave a couple attacks to worry about. Plus, Grand Cross would let Exdeath spam Meteor (or Ultima even), or even better, Bahamut or whathaveyou if you RW it onto someone else.

Not going to do it until after the orbfest and I level Basch and some others up, but probably going to try something like
    Basch (Drawtaliating + Super Shield Boosting)
    Agrias (Agriasing/backup WM)
    Exdeath (Grand Cross/Meteoring/WMing)
    Tyro (Wall/Medal Conditions)
    Ramza (Tailwind/Shout)

RW Lakshmi or whatever medica

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Got ultimate + down. Would have been easier if I'd waited until orbfest and mastered Vaan's SSB I just got, but a win is a win.

He did nothing but spam that AOE laser attack the moment the rooks went down, so bear that in mind if you want to take them down early. Aeris' reraise SB totally saved me from a wipe.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull on Basch banner, because the shield would be nice to make my holy users do comparable damage to the SSBs I will never ever get.

0/11. Second time in a row.

I really hate this game. Utterly loathe it; curse the people who make it to the 1000th generation.

I am super burnt out, and playing it is a chore. I just want to play Bravely Second, but I can't, since this is a full time job that consumes all of my extremely limited free time.

Take a break. Skip a day or two of dailies, play some Bravely Second. You won't fall behind the curve.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Woo! Did 12 pulls on the new banner, managed to get Basch axe and Balthier gun.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    got the Killer Bow from my 100gem.

Im ok with that.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Did an 11 pull on the second banner and got the generic sword, which is fine. It's literally the only synergy I have outside of Basch's shield and some shitty 4+ and 4++ daggers.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I too got killer bow with 100 gems

Bergan was easy, Cid was moderately hard mainly because I forgot to bring Banishing Strike the first time around

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull on Basch banner, because the shield would be nice to make my holy users do comparable damage to the SSBs I will never ever get.

I really hate this game. Utterly loathe it; curse the people who make it to the 1000th generation.

I am super burnt out, and playing it is a chore. I just want to play Bravely Second, but I can't, since this is a full time job that consumes all of my extremely limited free time.

For what it's worth, for a while back I was also burning out. Waiting until the last moment to do events because I couldn't be bothered, yet invested enough in the game to not want to quit entirely.

A few hits of luck here and there were the drops needed to revitalize me.

It's always darkest just before the dawn. Or some bullshit like that. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Ultimate down. Battle report:
    Locke, 372 ATK
    Lifesiphon r4, Steal Armor r2
    Valiant Strike SB
    Adventurer's Dagger RM

Agrias, 378 ATK
    Lifesiphon r4, Saint Cross r3
    Cleansing Strike SB
    Dragoon's Determination RM

Balthier, 359 ATK
    Blind Shell r2, Confuse Shell r2
    Shared Medica SB
    Rebel Might RM

Ramza, 343 ATK
    Full Break r2, Magic Breakdown r4
    Tailwind SB
    Battleforged RM

Y'shtola, 311 MND
    Shellga r2, Curaja r5
    Stoneskin II SB
    Mako Might RM

Shout RW

Swapped out Cloud from the usual A team for Balthier to hit target conditions. His only role was to land targets, he was otherwise pretty useless. Normally I'd bring mages and summoners on a fight like this and try to yolo down the adds, but changing my party sounded kinda annoying.

Fight was mostly a boring control fest. Land a couple status effects, slowly murder head Judge.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    It's so much less stressful when you're like me and stop giving a shit about even attempting Ultimates.

My A-Team can fairly consistently master +++ fights, and that's good enough for me.

This. I can sometimes do the ultimate battles, and I'll try them once or twice, but I refuse to pound nails in my dick.

I'm cool with getting through the +++.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Note about Bergan: he comes in with Protect/Shell. He's totally doable without dispelling them and I got full medals, but man I bet it would've gone quicker.

Also, I too got Killer Bow on the 100-gem. It gives me another synergy weapon for these fights, but...I JUST GOT Traitor's Bow, cmon. Fran's never using that SB ever.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    U+ down as well.
    Cloud, 400 ATK
    R4 Lifesiphon, R3 Armor Break
    Fenrir Overdrive SB
    Dragoon's Determination RM

Locke, 357 ATK
    R4 Lifesiphon, R1 Thief's Revenge
    Valiant Strike SB
    Adventurer's Dagger RM

Agrias, 357 ATK
    Banishing Strike R3, Saint Cross R3
    Cleansing Strike SB
    Holy Knight's Pride RM

Ramza, 348 ATK
    Full Break R2, Power Breakdown R4
    Tailwind SB
    Battleforged RM

Y'shtola, 281 MND (+700 HP accessory)
    Protectga R2, Curaja R5
    Stoneskin II SB
    Mako Might RM

Shout RW

Agrias was the MVP here. She alternated Banish/Saint Cross to keep the buffs off and the damage on. Pretty straightforward fight otherwise. Bring up shout/wall/protectga, land the breaks, focus Cid down. Fenrir Overdrive probably didn't help at all since it couldn't really be focused on to Cid, but Cloud's raw lifesiphon spam at 400ATK+50%ATK+20%ATK was still very potent. If I wasn't able to clear the fight, I would have considered bringing on Zack for Air Raid, to interrupt the drones and give Agrias a bit more room to fit in additional Saint Crosses.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

For what it's worth, for a while back I was also burning out. Waiting until the last moment to do events because I couldn't be bothered, yet invested enough in the game to not want to quit entirely.

I'm upset because all the chase items with unique effects are slipping away, and they never come back or have similarly functional replacements.

E: Sometimes you don't make it through the night at all.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Note about Bergan: he comes in with Protect/Shell. He's totally doable without dispelling them and I got full medals, but man I bet it would've gone quicker.

Also, I too got Killer Bow on the 100-gem. It gives me another synergy weapon for these fights, but...I JUST GOT Traitor's Bow, cmon. Fran's never using that SB ever.

Shatterheart still has a use case even if you have the SSB: being a dual-break, it stacks with everything. If you're in a situation where you need mitigation more than you need damage, having another stacking 20% effect (let's be real, whatever it is has break resistance) is better than dialing up your Full Break from 12.5% to 20%.

Fry on
  • Options
    Vaan only has enough SPD for five hit Thief's Revenge in FF12, even after hitting level 80. But he has Support 4, which is exclusive among physical attacker types other than Freya, so I reckon he'll use Lifesiphon and Armor Breakdown.

• Options

I'm upset because all the chase items with unique effects are slipping away, and they never come back or have similarly functional replacements.

E: Sometimes you don't make it through the night at all.
    Most of the chase stuff is back as "consolation prizes" for the Burst celebration, I think? And I gather the good stuff from these XII banners (Aldebaran, Traitor's Bow, Platinum Shield) is going to be back for the next XII event (Gabranth).

• Options
    Yeah, Gabranth 2 is basically Basch 1 all over again. It only gets worse in relation to the new stuff we'll be seeing in 4 months, it all remains basically stellar in general.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mastered Cid with 1 damage medal. Goofed midway by using Last Judgment Grimoire instead of refreshing Wall so when I did end up taking down the second rook, Fran died to the Tokamaks or whatever, but the first one missed everyone else so she was the only casualty before I could burn him down.

Build:
    Tyro Lv 80
    Killer Bow
    Golden Armor
    Vossler's Gauntlet
    Banishing Strike R1/Silence Shell R1/Dr. Mog's Teachings (SG, LJG)

Ramza Lv 78
    Diamond Sword++ (6*)
    Viking Coat
    Aries
    Power Breakdown R4/Lifesiphon R3/Mako Might (Shout, Tailwind)

Fran Lv 67
    Traitor's Bow
    Heroic Scarf
    Blazer Gloves
    Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4/Ace Striker (Mist Overload)

Gilgamesh Lv 80
    Hammerhead++ (6*)
    Galbadian Elite Armor+ (6*)
    Godo's Mask
    Flashing Blade R1/Lifesiphon R3/Dragoon's Determination (Faithful Companion)

Agrias Lv 78
    Gladius
    Grand Armor
    Omega Badge
    Saint Cross R1/Protectga R2/Battleforged (Hallowed Bolt)

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Mastered Cid with 1 damage medal. Goofed midway by using Last Judgment Grimoire instead of refreshing Wall so when I did end up taking down the second rook, Fran died to the Tokamaks or whatever, but the first one missed everyone else so she was the only casualty before I could burn him down.

Build:
    Tyro Lv 80
    Killer Bow
    Golden Armor
    Vossler's Gauntlet
    Banishing Strike R1/Silence Shell R1/Dr. Mog's Teachings (SG, LJG)

Ramza Lv 78
    Diamond Sword++ (6*)
    Viking Coat
    Aries
    Power Breakdown R4/Lifesiphon R3/Mako Might (Shout, Tailwind)

Fran Lv 67
    Traitor's Bow
    Heroic Scarf
    Blazer Gloves
    Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4/Ace Striker (Mist Overload)

Gilgamesh Lv 80
    Hammerhead++ (6*)
    Galbadian Elite Armor+ (6*)
    Godo's Mask
    Flashing Blade R1/Lifesiphon R3/Dragoon's Determination (Faithful Companion)

Agrias Lv 78
    Gladius
    Grand Armor
    Omega Badge
    Saint Cross R1/Protectga R2/Battleforged (Hallowed Bolt)

Man. That setup seems really lacking in healing and hones. Maybe I'm worried about my lack of RS for nothing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the Ulimate is going to be rough for me, since I don't have any leveled up Machinists and mediocre synergy. I also do not even have one of the abilities required for a medal condition, so I'll have to scrape together the orbs to make that. Still, with native trinity I think I'll have a shot, even if I do have to drop Zack and Apocalypse in order to fit in a Machinist of some sort.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    ugh that Ult was ROUGH. had to go back in with a different setup cause the first didnt work at all.
    Balthier - Confuse Shot R3/Blind Shot R3
    Tyro - Multi Break R1/Shellga R2
    Zack - Lifesiphon R3/R4
    Yshtola - Protectga R2/Curaja R4
    Squall - Tempo Flurry (irrelevant)/ Lifesiphon R4

RW - Shout

This fight needs SO MUCH mitigation right from the start. You pretty much have to drop SG and Protectga turn 1 or you will die. Shellga and Multi Break needs to be turn 2.

Outside of that it was just build up SB meter for Zack/Squall and keep everyone living.

• Options
    I used Shellga and Wall turn 1 and cast medica on turn 2, and never had problems with mitigating damage. Blew up the adds with a crushing blow/hallowed bolt and then punched the boss to death. Only had R1 of the two shots so Balthier got to spend most of the fight autoattacking.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ChLIcyxUcAANfCu.png:large

JP 11 pulls might have at least one guaranteed 5* from now on.

• Options
    seems like a good thing to do since they just introduced natural 6* items

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What is Cloud's 6* item called? And is it the Ultimate Soul Break that we have been speculating was on the way?

• Options
    I think they call it Overflow Super Soul Break or something like that, because it can break the 9999 damage cap. I also heard it is wind element.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Ultimate strategy:
    -1 medal for actions taken.
    Lv. 65 Y'shtola: Curaja R5/Shellga R2. Mako Might RM, for SS2 Wall
    Lv. 80 Agrias: Lifesiphon R4/Lure Magic R3. Battleforged RM. Cleansing Strike and Hallowed Bolt
    Lv. 80 Cloud: Lifesiphon R4/Drain Strike R3. Ace Striker RM. Fenrir Overdrive
    Lv. 53 Basch: Lifesiphon R4/Saint Cross R3. Dr. Mogs Teaching RM. Indomitable Shield
    Lv. 65 Balthier: Confuse Shell R1/Blind Shell R2. Auto-haste RM. Here pretty much to meet 2/3 bonus objectives.
    RW Shout

Not a particularly difficult fight at all. I got very lucky with Confuse Shell and Blind Shell applying in the first turns, considering their relatively low hones. Wall+Shellga+Cleansing Strike (which met the Magic down requirement) made the fight fairly trivial when it was down to just her, and with the spells mostly hitting a Lured Agrias, healing was a cinch.

Ultimate+ strategy:
    -1 for actions, -1 for damage
    Lv. 65 Y'shtola: Curaja R5/Protega R2. Mako Might RM, for SS2 Wall
    Lv. 80 Agrias: Lifesiphon R4/Banishing Strike R3. Battleforged RM. Cleansing Strike and Hallowed Bolt
    Lv. 80 Cloud: Lifesiphon R4/Drain Strike R3. Ace Striker RM. Fenrir Overdrive
    Lv. 53 Basch: Draw Fire R3/Saint Cross R3. Knight's Charge RM. Indomitable Shield
    Lv. 80 Ramza: Lifesiphon R4/Power Breakdown R3. Dr. Mogs Teachings RM. Tailwind and Hail of Stones
    RW Shout

Took a few S/Ls. Cid's special single target ability could not be mitigated at all, which made it a bit troublesome. Despite having the necessary relics to destroy the Rooks and burn down Cid, I opted to leave them up and focus on him solely the entire fight, hence the -2 medals overall. On the killing fight, I also ran out of hones on Saint Cross and Banishing Strike because Cid did a string of Grand Barriers when I would dispel them, or one of his Rooks would give him Protect. Highly annoying. I ended up having to chip away his last 15% or so with just attacks from Basch and slowly waning Lifesiphons from the others. Got lucky and triggered Agrias and Clouds SBs to win.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What is Cloud's 6* item called? And is it the Ultimate Soul Break that we have been speculating was on the way?

I don't know any Japanese, but it appears to be Ragnarok based on the sprite.

8.jpg

Weapon reference: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_weapons

• Options
    I haven't looked yet for myself, but I've been told that you don't have to actually apply the conditions in the Ultimate, you just have to hit with the ability. I'm now contemplating leaving Yuffie behind for the Ultimate, using a RW for my medica, and taking a party of Ramza (Shout + Hail of Stones), Agrias (Hallowed Bolt), Zack (Apocalypse and Rush Assault), Balthier (jack squat) and Y'shtola (SS2). I could probably get the adds down reasonably quickly. I'll have to think on it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Yes, it's Ragnarok.

19001.png

The name's in kata in the upper right. ラグナロク

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Bwahahaha, just capped a self-heal with Thief's Revenge while catching up on dungeon updates. Carbuncle V ate a 5-hit Thief's Revenge from Faris for 5x 6800 damage.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I wish it was purple.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ultimate down pretty straight forward

Team:
    Tyro 80: Confuse Shot R2/ Blind Shot R2
    Cloud 80: Drain Strike R3 / Life Siphon R3 (Blade Beam, Fenrir Overdrive)
    Agrias 77: Shellga R2 / Life Siphon R3 (Hallowed Bolt)
    Ramza 77: Full break R2 / Armor Breakdown R2 (Shout)
    Lenna 80: Protectga R2 / Curaja R4 (Princess' Favor)

Blind shot on main dude right off the bat, then each turn after was a Confuse shot on each Add. Then I just AoE burnt them down and finished him off. Had to use Princess Favor at the latter part of the fight to top off but overall one and done.

Being forced to use those shots opened my eyes on how useful they are for application of debuffs, definitely need to get a decent Machinist up to 80, Will probably be Cid honestly.

Gonna finish raiding then i'll probably take a look at Ultimate +

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Whew, lost a medal for actions on U+ but made it. Was basically entirely out of attack abilities since he resists Lightning, which makes my team do far less damage. Thankfully stacking full break/power breakdown/cleansing strike/wall/protectga really killed his damage.

Red XIII R3 Power Breakdown/R3 Armor Breakdown
    Ramza R3 Banishing Strike/R2 Full Break SB: Shout
    Relm R4 Curaja/R2 Protectga SB: Portrait
    Lightning R3 Lifesiphon/R4 Drain Strike
    Agrias R3 Lifesiphon/R1 Saint Cross SB: Cleansing Strike
    Roaming Wall: SSII

While I was a little disappointed at the time I got Portrait of Lakshmi instead of Shadow or Locke's SSBs, thing is so good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.