Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Wow. I absolutely cannot believe I managed to champion the Ultimate+ battle against Cid. Relm died halfway through the battle (although it was just as well, she was almost completely spent on abilities already), and by the time he was down to around the 40% health mark, Ramza and Balthier were also completely out of abilities and had to resort to spamming regular attacks, with the occasional Shout or Element of Trickery. Basically just focused down his friends, and then had Gilgamesh do pretty much all of the damage, between Saint Cross/Banishing Strike and two uses of a RW Fenrir Overdrive. Such is life for someone with natural trinity, but no particularly powerful offensive SBs.

Winded up losing two medals for damage and one medal for actions. They must have been pretty lenient on that, given that I was using regular attacks, but I'm not complaining.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    100 gems: Crap.

11pull: 3 rainbows! :D A Pinwheel, shared-SB dagger, and Zell's glove. :x

dporowski on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Nice on the U+, that battle was fun. It had that interesting choice between focusing the boss or killing the adds.

I knew I shouldn't have done a 100 gem pull on the first Edea banner, got a FFXII staff of 3 star quality (which is to say no quality). Oh well, at least it was only money MS gave me for using their search engine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I was about to make a snide comment about it giving Squall's costume and Squall's MC1, but giving a Hero's Soul instead of actually giving Squall, but apparently you get the character for free with their costume.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yes that's how dress records work

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    100 gem pull - shared dagger. Fed to Agrias' sword. Saving mythril for BSB fest, so it's strictly 100 gem pulls from here until then.

Also, dress records seem broken. I keep setting Cloud as his AC version, but he'll reset back to his default for no apparent reason somehow.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    100 gem pull - shared dagger. Fed to Agrias' sword. Saving mythril for BSB fest, so it's strictly 100 gem pulls from here until then.

Also, dress records seem broken. I keep setting Cloud as his AC version, but he'll reset back to his default for no apparent reason somehow.

If you make heavy use of favorites, then you kinda have to save the character to the favorite they're in, while they're in their new record.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    3 pull gave me laguna's coat.

ok I guess, I looked at the relics after I pulled and saw how utterly bad most of them aside from the first 2 were. probably should have done that first.

• Options
    Yeah this first banner is pretty terrible. The second one is way better, with Zell and Selphie SSBs and Edea's hastega/faithga crown.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Yeah, try as I might, I cannot justify a pull on the banner unless I have issues with the ultimates. I wanted some more (any) physical synergy, but while the first banner has a gun for lightning, a sword and dagger, the rest of the stuff I really wouldn't want. The second banner has better relics in general it seems, but less useful physical stuff.

Shame, I was hoping for a nice banner to try getting some synergy. A revolver would've made my day (that's how desperate I may be)!

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I'd like Laguna's Coat for collection purposes, but the Banner is just so bad. Just putting mithril aside for the future.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    3* junk for my 100 gem pull. That concludes the gems I got when I bought in. I'll probably buy some more to keep doing 100 gem pulls, with the google rewards I've been accumulating.

Actually got a 3* Aevis Killer XII from my daily draw this morning, which I think is the highest I've ever gotten from that. Shame that they nerfed the odds on daily draw. Was 0.3% really too high?

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Huh. I was popping in here to see if the current banner was worth a pull and well... that's a pretty resounding 'No' I'm seeing.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The only banner that seems worth it is the second one, and that's only because of Edea's haste relic that may or may not be damn critical to doing these apparently hellish upcoming Cid missions

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is there some trick to this Mateus fight?

I don't have a natural Wall so my mitigation always drops by the time the Azers are gone and then double cast Blizzaja

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    3* junk for my 100 gem pull. That concludes the gems I got when I bought in. I'll probably buy some more to keep doing 100 gem pulls, with the google rewards I've been accumulating.

Actually got a 3* Aevis Killer XII from my daily draw this morning, which I think is the highest I've ever gotten from that. Shame that they nerfed the odds on daily draw. Was 0.3% really too high?

I have yet to hear a compelling reason why 1-2* things even exist at all. They become utterly pointless around the time you finish the tutorial. Same goes for 98% of 1-2* abilities/orbs for that matter. Let's just make 3* the new 1*.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll luck out on the 100 pull. :P As much as I could really use some better physical synergy for VIII (I'm good for magics on Rinoa/Selphie), I can't get bring myself to drop any more mythil for this realm.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The only banner that seems worth it is the second one, and that's only because of Edea's haste relic that may or may not be damn critical to doing these apparently hellish upcoming Cid missions

And the headdress shows up on the same banner as the one where said hellish fight pops up, so don't sweat not getting it too much.

• Options

I don't have a natural Wall so my mitigation always drops by the time the Azers are gone and then double cast Blizzaja

Lightning, lightning, more lightning, and standard anti-magic mitigation (wall + shellga + magic breakdown + full break + whatever else you got).

And/or use lullaby to put the azers to sleep and then more or less ignore them.

What's your setup/relevant equipment?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

The especially awful mission in question isn't a one time deal. It comes back each month. You could probably wait until the power creep makes it a snap.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

The second banner also has Zell and Selphie SSBs that are quite good. The crown is generally considered the real prize if you want to run mages, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Lightning, lightning, more lightning, and standard anti-magic mitigation (wall + shellga + magic breakdown + full break + whatever else you got).

I'm trying to make due with whatever as I have nothing worthwhile for FF12 synergy

Tyro - Lullaby/Full Break
    Penelo - Curaga/Shellga
    Rinoa - Ruinga/Ramuh
    Steiner - Lifesiphon/Launch
    Balthier - Thunderstrike/Thundarastrike

Rinoa has Wishing Star and Steiner has Sword Art Stock Break

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Rinoa's cardinal is my 2nd best physical item. I'm not sure how to feel about that

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Rinoa's cardinal is my 2nd best physical item. I'm not sure how to feel about that

My first best! I know exactly how to feel about that.

Something like 18 3* in a row right now, 100 gems have been all 3* since my red SSB pull during the fest, and I straight 11ed out on Basch 1 last week. Stop hitting me FFRK.

edit: And squall please drop your RM2 you are killing me. Kiiiiilling me.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The FFXII +++ sucks. Lullaby misses over and over again and his health is too damn high anyway. I think I need to trash this XII team, bring out the A Team and win on SB's over strategy.

• Options
    The FFXII +++ sucks. Lullaby misses over and over again and his health is too damn high anyway. I think I need to trash this XII team, bring out the A Team and win on SB's over strategy.

Yeah bring out the A-Team and just crush it (maybe RW Lightning's SSB because it's funny). I pretty much bring the full A-Team to all the + and higher fights, I don't want to mess around and would rather waste experience than waste stamina.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

I'm trying to make due with whatever as I have nothing worthwhile for FF12 synergy

Tyro - Lullaby/Full Break
    Penelo - Curaga/Shellga
    Rinoa - Ruinga/Ramuh
    Steiner - Lifesiphon/Launch
    Balthier - Thunderstrike/Thundarastrike

Rinoa has Wishing Star and Steiner has Sword Art Stock Break

If you have the summon orbs, craft a 4* thunder summon. It'll do more damage than Ruinga, on the whole and take out the azers faster.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull (well, had my daughter click the OK button) because my FF8 synergy is awful. 4 rainbows!

Laguna's Coat, Irvine's Shotgun, Shared Dagger, and Pinwheel. Not too bad! Nothing exciting but it should help me get through the ultimates.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I managed to get Edea's weapon with my 100 gem pull. I still need FF8 synergy but given her weapon is apparently one of the better items on this banner I think I'll pull on the second banner instead now.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I buckled and did an 11 pull. My heart rose when I saw 4 rainbows. But then it turned out that I just pulled all the garbage items and neither of the ones I wanted. Got Laguna's coat, Zell's glove, shared dagger, and a generic throwing weapon. Monks aren't in a great place right now, which means Zell isn't really going to see any play anytime soon. Not when I already have better relics for other physical fighters. And I probably won't use Laguna either. Plus the coat isn't his good item. His machine gun is what I would want.

• Options
    I did a 3-pull and got Twin Lance.

God I hate Squall.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    I did a 3-pull and got Twin Lance.

God I hate Squall.

I think he's great gimme your thing.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Zell's glove really isn't bad. I get use out of when fielding him, Tifa, Red XIII, Zack on certain realms, and various others.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Squall owns, especially with +20 ATK from having both his SSB and BSB mastered

And he's the inverse of Cloud where his SSB is single target and his BSB is aoe

Beasteh on
  • Options
    When he finally drops the Lionheart RM, my hatred of him will lessen.

Nah, he fits my party well enough. With Laguna and Leon still capped, I needed someone level broken to join Agrias and Cloud.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    edit: And squall please drop your RM2 you are killing me. Kiiiiilling me.
    I was just thinking to myself last night that I might be done collecting RMs with special requirements, and now you've reminded me that I won't own Squall until I clear to his dress record. :X

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ardor wrote: »
    Yeah, try as I might, I cannot justify a pull on the banner unless I have issues with the ultimates. I wanted some more (any) physical synergy, but while the first banner has a gun for lightning, a sword and dagger, the rest of the stuff I really wouldn't want. The second banner has better relics in general it seems, but less useful physical stuff.

Shame, I was hoping for a nice banner to try getting some synergy. A revolver would've made my day (that's how desperate I may be)!

Here's where playing the Progress Quest-like leveling minigame is useful - that is, max those XP bars! Whee! ... And get the Self-Sacrifice, Dragoon's Determination and Rebel's Might RMs. With 10% atk/def you only need 357 atk + Shout to hit 590; with 20% atk you only need 323 atk + Shout to hit 590. HOWEVER, if you're using Shout and damage abilities from a single school - Dragoon, Support, Celerity, etc. - then a 30% damage RM is better than a 20% atk RM if your base atk is at least 345. Enlir's Database will tell you where you can get all of these (and it's a fantastic resource in general - he's still updating it, the date on the front sheet is wrong). I'll happily show my math on request.
    I have yet to hear a compelling reason why 1-2* things even exist at all. They become utterly pointless around the time you finish the tutorial. Same goes for 98% of 1-2* abilities/orbs for that matter. Let's just make 3* the new 1*.

Way back in the day, we didn't get a 5* weapon to start (you kids and your fancy SSBs, get off my lawn). 2*++ Kunai were my best weapon in VII for such a long time... There were actually wiki pages for where to farm 1*-3* equipment from dungeons. 1* and 2* equipment is a vestige of that period. I assume it would take a LOT of loot table reworking to rejigger the system to start at 3*. And besides, how would DeNA disappoint us so thoroughly every day if Daily Draw couldn't drop 1* gear?

Daffydd on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Got nothin on pulls

But weapon-wise, my synergy is doing okay. Got Edea up to 65 so I could use her MC2, used the blank one on Auron. Just have Hope and Vanille left and I can finally completely deplete my memory crystal inventory!

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    100 pull got zilch. I gave a token 3 pull to see if I can get Squall's BSB andddddd...

Got Zell's gloves.
    I'm not going to complain about getting a 5* in a realm I have a serious case of all eggs in one basket so I've got Zell in the party and working out how I can fit a MNK into the squad for now. 3 hit SB with self Protect/Shell/Haste scratches an itch I have in having some strong single target SBs. I'd love to work out some decent ability combos on MNKs so for now, Punishing Palm + Pound is a nice way to stack some pain. Worst case scenario, it's a weapon Gilgamesh can use while I put the swords on those who can only use the swords for damage.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    I actually really wouldn't mind Zell's fist weapon, because I regularly use Yuffie, Zack and Basch. The one on the second banner would make me seriously consider using Zell instead of just having the weapon as a stat stick, though.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.