Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    The Paralogue 5 villagers were even more suicidal on my birthright run on my conquest run. Last time i got 5 of them out, this time only three survived as the other three poured into the meatgrinder of that center island.

I've got a knot of paralogues to do and have most of the team ready or near-ready to promote. Should have Kaden and Oboro hitched and can do their paralogue before chapter 18 too.

When does Corrin promote in Birthright?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    The Paralogue 5 villagers were even more suicidal on my birthright run on my conquest run. Last time i got 5 of them out, this time only three survived as the other three poured into the meatgrinder of that center island.

I've got a knot of paralogues to do and have most of the team ready or near-ready to promote. Should have Kaden and Oboro hitched and can do their paralogue before chapter 18 too.

Whenever you want, assuming you have a master seal.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Anya's pairings so far:

Niles/Elise
    Silas/Camilla
    Odin/Mozu
    Jakob/Effie
    Ugh, I haven't been able to play this for the past few days because my pain is just so...draining.

:( I'm sorry!

Is she just letting them be spontaneous, or is she watching a bunch and then deciding? :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I usually save Paralogue 5 until I have a large cast of characters and am a decently high level, then I select everyone with the highest movement and rush all but one or two characters to the central island. Since Sophie + 1 or 2 others can't usually defend effectively against the enemies at the top of the map, I have Sophie flee to the bottom as soon as Silas talks to her.

I'm getting better at this game, finally. Taking me long enough. I'm still playing on casual because it's a lot less frustrating when you can save mid-battle (I have a tendency to make stupid mistakes near the ends) but I'm really focusing on not letting anyone get killed. I completed Ch. 5 this time without anyone dying.
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Anya's pairings so far:

Niles/Elise
    Silas/Camilla
    Odin/Mozu
    Jakob/Effie
    Ugh, I haven't been able to play this for the past few days because my pain is just so...draining.

:( I'm sorry!

Is she just letting them be spontaneous, or is she watching a bunch and then deciding? :D
    Sadly she has zero interest in the supports, so she judges by character 'coolness' and by what I can tell her about them. Niles is her favourite-looking of the men so far, so he has the privilege of being paired with her pet Elise. Poor Arthur has been left by the wayside. (I haven't been grinding in Anya's game and I have a newfound respect for Arthur after he scored some pretty impressive hits).

We have to skip all the dialogue with Garon/Iago because they are too evil and scary.

She likes watching the video of (Birthright end spoilers):
    Azura dying/disappearing because it's so pretty and blue and sad, morbid child

She said when her game is over she wants to 'come back as a boy and marry Elise'.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    @Janson, that post is way funnier if you pretend that your signature is your reaction to the last line.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Whenever you want, assuming you have a master seal.

Huh, i thought Corrin was the only one who promoted automatically.

Never been a fan of being Master Seal limited.

• Options
    You can buy an infinite amount of master seals in this game after advancing to the latter end of the game. :D

signature.png
  • Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    @Janson, that post is way funnier if you pretend that your signature is your reaction to the last line.
    Haha!

First she wanted to marry Elise in this game, so we had to have a discussion on how Elise could only be married to boys.

Then her next solution was that she'd give up Leo and he could marry Elise, because only the best for the best, naturally. So that led to a discussion on being related by blood.

This was her third solution.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    The Niles/Elise supports are super cute. And the S support conclusion is great!
    Niles: Now, let's go find Lord Leo and share the good news with him.
    Elise: Ooh! I can't wait to see his face!

I can just picture him doing a total spittake...

edit: Ah, found another convo variation I love-- Ignatius B support with his mother
    Ignatius: Well, it is about my tent. There's something wrong with it.
    Beruka: Does it stand out too much? I could give you some advice on blending in.
    Ignatius: There's nothing outwardly wrong. It's just... I believe my tent is haunted. As I was drifting off to sleep, I was sure I could see a face staring at me!
    Beruka: Maybe it was the face of all the bugs I've eliminated for you. Karmic justice.
    Ignatius: MOTHER! That's not funny.
    Beruka: Sorry. I'll get to the bottom of this.
    Ignatius: I mean, I don't believe in evil spirits. I know they don't exist, but... What if they do?
    Beruka: Heh. If they threatened you, then I'd eliminate them. I've been telling you since you were a kid. You don't need to worry with me around.

Selena: Did you pitch it inside out? I did that once, and it took me way too long to figure out.
    Ignatius: No, it is properly deployed. It's just... I believe my tent is haunted. As I was drifting off to sleep, I was sure I could see a face staring at me!
    Selena: A face. Like, an actual face. Staring at you. From inside your tent?
    Ignatius: MOTHER! I'm serious.
    Selena: Yeah, I see that. And you want me to get rid of the ghost, right?
    Ignatius: I mean, I don't believe in evil spirits. I know they don't exist, but... What if they do?
    Selena: Heehee. This is starting to sound familiar. You were easily spooked as a little kid, and it looks like you still are today.

Charlotte: I hope it doesn't need patching, because you may be in the wrong department.
    Ignatius: No, the fabric is intact. It's just... I believe my tent is haunted. As I was drifting off to sleep, I was sure I could see a face staring at me!
    Charlotte: Heh heh... Did it look like... THIS?!
    Charlotte: Sorry, sorry. I don't mind helping you scare off the ghost, if that's what you want.
    Charlotte: Teehee! It's been a long time since I heard that question. You've been terrified of ghosts ever since you were knee high. Ah, memories...

Nyx: Oh? Is it in need of repair? The army has people for that, I believe.
    Ignatius: No, the fabric is intact. It's just... I believe my tent is haunted. As I was drifting off to sleep, I was sure I could see a face staring at me!
    Nyx: Very interesting... Come with me. I'll get out my tomes, and we can attempt to distinguish it.
    Nyx: It was not meant to be. Identifying the specter is the first step in any exorcism.
    Nyx: Ha ha ha... "If" they do? Your naiveté is always so touching.

Oh Nyx... And Charlotte, messing with her son :lol:

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Yesss, Niles/Elise is great! And Beruka is AWESOME in that example - I love her sense of humour!

I started Revs again and I'll probably try and make this my 'S-rank' game, at least for Corrin.

I know you all know this, but Chapter 10 really is so bad. I just can't imagine what the creators were thinking.

- Only gives you 6 units for the map... despite Revs having so many characters.
    - Then breaking the ice only reveals a tiny fraction of the map each round... so at least 1 character (or 2 if you've paired everyone up) is occupied each turn with just breaking the ice. So you only have 4-5 usable characters.
    - But it's worth doing the whole map because the rewards are pretty big.
    - But the whole map takes approximately FIFTY turns.
    - There are a lot of enemies... which means that the few characters you're using gain 3-4 levels each this map... suddenly making them a lot more powerful than all the other units back in your camp.

Also, this is pretty great: Fire Emblem - The Last Supper - Takumi as Judas, and it took me a while to notice all the food on the table.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Birthright 21
    Aww, Elise seems so miserable. :bigfrown:

Certainly never saw this river of fire in Conquest!

The gimmick here was just annoying. It's not even the damage so much as the movement penalties. And they don't tell you that lava flooding will occur if you attack the boss.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Kiragi's Paralogue keeps you on your toes, mainly because here the AI seems programmed to move in waves after you've engaged certain other enemies whether you're in range or not. Combine the fact that they're all fliers and it ends up like the Hinoka chapter in Conquest, a game of trying to figure out how to cover your weak points from advancing enemies with vastly greater mobility.

Still have two paralogues to go before chapter 18, and now everyone's promoted or ready to promote, and i just got Oboro and Kaden to S-rank too.

Levels should converge neatly that I can move the level 4 Ryoma into the party without missing a step, he'll only be overpowered for his level and no longer badly overleveled to boot.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Jakob and Selena are perfect together

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Jakob and Selena are perfect together

She deserves better.

Then again, everyone who isn't Peri deserves better, really.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Birthright 22
    Yaay Elise is here! And she's the only royal sibling who never tried to kill me on either route. I knew there's a reason she's the best.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I know some folks don't like Jakob for various reasons but I love how big an asshole he is, and specifically how much he tends to shut down character quirks

Gonna be all tsundere huh? Bye!

Threatening to murder people? Pfff, like I care, maybe I'll get to see them execute you

Training super hard? You clearly have too much time on your hands

Helping the downtrodden? What a chump

He's perfect

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    revelations 21, without comment
    31k3sa35sdnb.png

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Sakura
    Never really tries to kill you, she just sort of hides out on her map while Yukimura and a badly overpowered Hana and Subaki try to do the job for her.

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    31k3sa35sdnb.png

Wait that's corrin right

how did you make corrin look like such a goober I love it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    31k3sa35sdnb.png

Wait that's corrin right

how did you make corrin look like such a goober I love it

tinted sunglasses over the character creation eyepatch, and i used the...whatever the class change item that lets you cosplay as lucina is called

she's a big ol' dork

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    She is amazing

The best I've been able to do with mine was give him the creation eyepatch, the nyles eyepatch, and the elrond hair because that includes another little forehead strap with it

I'm so sad the nyles patch and the creation patch both go over the same eye

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Birthright 22
    Yaay Elise is here! And she's the only royal sibling who never tried to kill me on either route. I knew there's a reason she's the best.

Elise is the best. This is undeniable.

I look forward to your future posts vis-a-vis elise being the best in birthright.

• Options
    For some reason I've started to support grind again in my Revelation file

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I went to get Siegbert the other day because I wanted to say happy birthday to my son

signature.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    She is amazing

The best I've been able to do with mine was give him the creation eyepatch, the nyles eyepatch, and the elrond hair because that includes another little forehead strap with it

I'm so sad the nyles patch and the creation patch both go over the same eye

i feel like your choices would go well* with ike's class (vanguard, i think?)

just saying

*not well, but in the goofy way you're looking for

• Options
    I'm wondering who to pair up for this Revs game

Since doing more supports I actually have fewer strong feelings than before. I'm still only really set on Takumi/Oboro.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's never ending!!!

• Options
    Birthright 23
    Dammit Arthur, Effie. See what happens when you jump to conclusions?

This was probably the most thoughtfully-designed map in the campaign so far. There's limited space in the alleys to take shelter from Camilla's Dragon Vein attacks, and moving into them usually draws enemy aggro. It makes you juggle a lot of factors: who you move into alleys to draw in and fight enemies, who do you move in for protection, who do you spend your limited heals per turn on, how do you balance these priorities, etc. Had a great time playing through it.

Glad Camilla and her retainers are alive. Would have hated to have to kill my Conquest wife.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Daypigeon that screenshot is perfect. It's almost Metal Gear levels of silly.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Sakura
    Never really tries to kill you, she just sort of hides out on her map while Yukimura and a badly overpowered Hana and Subaki try to do the job for her.

Hana needed some careful coaxing into Kana standing next to Elise and Azura (Rend Heaven is no joke) so Draconic Hex made her manageable, but poor Subaki ate a single Beastkiller lance to the face from Effie to go down like a chump.

Next chapter I was so preoccupied with taking Oboro out so Effie didn't get Luna'd that Kaze died to a regular ol' axe to the face >.> Spent the past two hours reading the cross-faction Revelation supports, they're pretty cool! Feels like some extra effort went into them.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I like to think that Effie would Luna right back

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Spent the past two hours reading the cross-faction Revelation supports, they're pretty cool! Feels like some extra effort went into them.

Yes; I think so, too! They're some of my favourites in the game.

I also agree with Wyborn on Jakob's character. I like him quite a bit.

Although I got Corrin & Jakob to S-rank and eeehhhh I guess the master/servant relationship doesn't do it for me. :P Corrin/Subaki was decent, if short. Subaki looks to have some treehouse lines. I like unlocking them in the actual game because reading doesn't seem to have quite the same effect.

• Options
    I was figuring out Revelations pairings (a purely theoretical exercise!) and there's an interesting cascade effect from characters having (only) two cross faction options; I think an approach like that would really benefit supports as a whole.

You're right about Jakob being a gimmick crusher, his support with Rinkah was one of the few where she didn't come across as exhaustingly boring.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Birthright 24
    After long reflection, I've decided that this version of Lilith's death is even dumber than Conquest's. You couldn't have poked your head out, seen the active training ground, and then headed back into the tunnel instead of standing out there yapping?

Lot of launchers/ballistae/magic orbs in the late game, aren't there? That was pretty true of Conquest, too.

• Options
    Only two cross-faction options? That's going to make building a core team nightmarish, since i'll want to have diversity but also want everyone to be paired off neatly.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Birthright 24
    After long reflection, I've decided that this version of Lilith's death is even dumber than Conquest's. You couldn't have poked your head out, seen the active training ground, and then headed back into the tunnel instead of standing out there yapping?

Lot of launchers/ballistae/magic orbs in the late game, aren't there? That was pretty true of Conquest, too.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, and in Birthright
    RYOMA IS RIGHT THERE, TWIDDLING HIS SAMURAI THUMBS. At least Conquest handwaved things around and separated Corrin from everyone else for a minute, and it was immediately after a pretty harrowing escape chapter.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Birthright 24

I disagree purely because in birthright it's at least slightly reasonable that the avatar needed help. In conquest its like... 1 dude.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering who to pair up for this Revs game

Since doing more supports I actually have fewer strong feelings than before. I'm still only really set on Takumi/Oboro.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's never ending!!!

But have you tried oboro niles

• Options
    Oboro/Niles is the pairing I chose for Rev! But I assume you mean Janson. :P
    I enjoyed it. Oboro passes on such lovely hair (that really should go to a little lordling...)

signature.png
  • Options
    Only two cross-faction options? That's going to make building a core team nightmarish, since i'll want to have diversity but also want everyone to be paired off neatly.

Yeah, there end up being two closed loops. For example if you go with Niles/Oboro then Benny is automatically locked into Rinkah, locking Keaton into Hana and so on. It breaks down quite neatly into the 4 royal pairs, the 5 neutral pairs, then two lots of 6 cross-faction pairs. It's actually quite fun to start off with a pairing in mind then follow the chain reaction.

Picked up Shigure, Siegbert and Velouria today, it's great to see units come together naturally in the course of a playthrough. I've definitely had to unlearn some bad habits from Awakening where once you had the grinding DLC it was just "make sure to pass down Galeforce for the boys, you can fix the rest in post". Every heart seal I buy is a significant hit!

ladi.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I will fight against pairing Elise to either of the hoshidan royals to my last breath

They just don't deserve her

Also Camilla to a lesser extent

• Options
    Reminder that there's a good app for planning marriages!

https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

It automatically removes partners you've paired off with someone else, which is neat

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.