As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Demon Free Webcomic Thread

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Yeah
    Basically, any historic president was almost certainly a shitstain on the fabric of history

Like, there are definitely worse people than Jackson, like Hitler and Stalin, at least in the public eye, becuase they killed mostly white people.

you don't know shit about history do you

I think you need to pay special attention to the "at least in the public eye" and remember the US is still crazy ignorantly racist.

The depths of Stalinism were not really taught to me as a child. The scale of the eastern front and the western front were never taught as well. I think I taught myself about Stalin thanks to the internet.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    America is really bad at Russian history for....some reason

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    New Strong Female Protagonist, in which yelling happens.
    sfp-6-40-for-web.png

Ah, I think I know where this is going now. When she says she'll be ready next time, it means she'll steal everyone's white stones and force them to place black stones. Thereby affirming her as a tyrant. Then she goes home and cries about how life isn't fair.

Yeah, I am not really sure what other "I'll be ready" action there is, other than removing all white stones from the planet.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    New Strong Female Protagonist, in which yelling happens.
    sfp-6-40-for-web.png

Ah, I think I know where this is going now. When she says she'll be ready next time, it means she'll steal everyone's white stones and force them to place black stones. Thereby affirming her as a tyrant. Then she goes home and cries about how life isn't fair.

Yeah, I am not really sure what other "I'll be ready" action there is, other than removing all white stones from the planet.

Practice using her TK on small subtle things like blood vessels in the brain.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Instead of hating on the prof, she could be learning something very valuable right now.

It's not enough to be in denial. You have to work with what you have, not with what you think you should have.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1461647195-ch3pg19.png
    Nothing says "illegal" like an assortment hairbrushes and coin purses.

Alice an the Nightmare

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Or she'll hand out pamphlets to all the other students explaining the rules of the game and how they can work together to all win.

That is, up until the professor changes the rules of the game again.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    For some reason, I'm reminded of a "Ocean in a Bottle" when I hear the words "never-ending water supply."

No wonder the faculty's worried about them.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Or she'll hand out pamphlets to all the other students explaining the rules of the game and how they can work together to all win.

That is, up until the professor changes the rules of the game again.

Or people don't read them, or still don't understand. Or just flat out don't care and still put down a white stone.

Morkath on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    For some reason, I'm reminded of a "Ocean in a Bottle" when I hear the words "never-ending water supply."

No wonder the faculty's worried about them.
    You will not magically violate conservation of mass in THIS SCHOOL MISS

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the only winning move is not to play, go to the registrar, and drop the class

• Options
    Nah, the winning move is to just put down a white stone.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Personally I think she should put down a thunderstone, evolve into Jolteon, and Thunderbolt that Prof

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Everything I needed to know about Russia I learned from Rocky IV

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Personally I think she should put down a thunderstone, evolve into Jolteon, and Thunderbolt that Prof

Jolteon doesn't learn Thunderbolt. Where's she supposed to get a TM at this short notice?

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    TamerBill wrote: »

Jolteon doesn't learn Thunderbolt. Where's she supposed to get a TM at this short notice?

She should take a lesson from Batman and be prepared for this kind of thing.
    Isn't that Super Heroing 101: Be like the Batman? Fashion design, themed gadgets, looming ominously in the darkness and always being prepared.

see317 on
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

By being ready!~

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    WEB_ch1_047.jpg
    next time try holding up a stereo

Goodbye to Halos

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    hqjVo2W.jpg

Sleepless Domain is about bullies being big dummy heads!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    hqjVo2W.jpg

You know, if the school lets Flower-Eye stay enrolled there, then it's not really your place to say otherwise.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    hqjVo2W.jpg

You know, if the school lets Flower-Eye stay enrolled there, then it's not really your place to say otherwise.

It's also really shaky logic. If a student loses their powers do they also have to stop attending as well?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone else see redhead as a garudo?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Y'know what, devil's advocate. If part of the expectation, albeit not part of the requirements for going to that school is that you're going to be risking your life on a nightly basis, I can kinda understand being frustrated with the one person who's not doing that but still reaping the same benefits as if they had.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Magical girl always seems like such a weird thing for characters to call themselves in english comics

like I don't really like the avazons one but it at least sounds like they tried a little bit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Nah, that's dumb

You can go to Xavier's and not do the black ops shit, it's just a safe space away from people who might be jerks to you

Then somebody's gotta get all neo-Brotherhood on you and Professor Wolverine has to give them his patented glare

masterofmetroid on
  • Options
    Nah, that's dumb

You can got to Xavier's and not do the black ops shit, it's just a safe space away from people who might be jerks to you

Then somebody's gotta get all neo-Brotherhood on you and Professor Wolverine has to give them his patented glare
    Yeah, because that's the point of that place. That does not seem to be the point of the magical girl school thing.

• Options
    I do not think Sagittarius Redhead is the one who gets to make that call

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Moot point. She's a girl. Her parents make the call, not her.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    sir-demands-drink.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Nah, that's dumb

You can got to Xavier's and not do the black ops shit, it's just a safe space away from people who might be jerks to you

Yeah, because that's the point of that place. That does not seem to be the point of the magical girl school thing.

It could be argued that she should still be attending magical girl school, to make sure she continues to receive training for full control over her powers.

She is also less likely to accidentally injure someone in a fit of anger or whatnot, than she would be in a school of muggles.

• Options
    maritzac wrote: »
    Yeah, just, figured it was worth noting she might not be being a dick just to be a dick.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I wonder how rigid the hair color/power system is

does every girl with green hair have earth powers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I wonder how rigid the hair color/power system is

does every girl with green hair have earth powers
    Both pink-haired girls we've seen do seem to have powers that seem to directly apply force, so maybe.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Nah, that's dumb

You can go to Xavier's and not do the black ops shit, it's just a safe space away from people who might be jerks to you

He really needs to ease up on the licensing for that. The royalties are ruinous if you're an inner-city HS teacher and only the higher end private schools even offer co-pay…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Nah, that's dumb

He really needs to ease up on the licensing for that. The royalties are ruinous if you're an inner-city HS teacher and only the higher end private schools even offer co-pay…
    Well that's only if he actually goes after you, which is pretty rare unless you're strapping knives to your fist or throwing some "bubs" in there

It is a useful toolset that could stand to be genericized however

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    maritzac wrote: »
    Yeah, just, figured it was worth noting she might not be being a dick just to be a dick.

I do feel she's basically right. I'm also pretty sure she doesn't have all the facts.

However, she's being an bully and that is never ok.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    West Point is an amazing school, which yo can't go to without serving in active duty upon completion

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    West Point is an amazing school, which yo can't go to without serving in active duty upon completion

Should anyone who attended west point become liable for costs if after attending they suffer an injury or mental anguish preventing active duty?

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Chainsawsuit is in the courtroom:
    20160426_crimes-1.png
    the julius caesar defense

“if he had devoted his entire life to plotting the murder of his neighbor, why is he not plotting his neighbor’s murder right now? he’s merely sitting there, sweating and benignly twitch-smiling”

This discussion has been closed.