Options

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    True, but I fully expect no one on West to play a tank

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I was on mobile so I couldn't see the upcoming list.

Dan on the GB reddit said "We're all the Us", so it might actually be a team entirely made of GB staffers instead of the familiar format, which actually makes more sense because Alex is out West and doesn't play on PC like everyone else does. Also getting ringers would sully the science.

If Jeff is staying home, he might just be playing from home because he's talked recently about how an office computer broke so they're actually shorthanded right now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    True, but I fully expect no one on West to play a tank

Dan has spoken on how much he likes Winston

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Their off topic tangents have been real hit or miss since Vinny left and Ryan passed.

Jeff, Ryan, Vinny were the improv crew.

Dan's perspective and crazy stories do help a lot though.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Ceno wrote: »
    I never understood the people who say the Bombcast is best when not talking about games.

I like the non game stuff too but I would not be listening to it if it wasn't a gaming podcast.

That's kind of why I've been skipping around.

I like games

I want to hear about games.

The Beastcast can go off-topic, certainly, but they have long in-depth intelligent conversations about game-related stuff that the Bombcast just doesn't bother with. I'd really like to hear Jeff talk at length about some of that stuff because he can be incredibly articulate when he wants to be, but it seems like most of the gaming conversations these days (with notable exceptions, like Doom and Overwatch) end with a dismissive or apathetic shrug.

It's why I listen to GOTY podcasts over and over, because it's all very focused. The arguments could be complete shit but at least all their attention is devoted to the argument.

I listen to the Bombcast to hear them talk about games they played and enjoyed, news and food talks.

The Beastcast has such a different vibe, like it's just four friends having a nice chat about games with a bunch of news, they dive deeper in to subjects while they often go off-road in to story telling mode, plus Austin's enthusiasm, Vinny's improv shenanigans, Alex's dry humor and Bakalar work so well together. I can listen to them for hours while I need to pause the bombcast half way through because I need to clear my head a bit.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm still miffed because we need more jingles. I want my Dr. Vinny and Email songs every week.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I never understood the people who say the Bombcast is best when not talking about games.

I like the non game stuff too but I would not be listening to it if it wasn't a gaming podcast.
    opinions, mirite?

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

It feels like West might have the edge in this one...

According to Dan (via Reddit)- it's not East v. West- It's GB as a UNIT versus other folks online.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

It feels like West might have the edge in this one...

According to Dan (via Reddit)- it's not East v. West- It's GB as a UNIT versus other folks online.

Vinnny mentioned that too on the Beastcast, yeah. Excited to see them play as one though.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    I...I might be in those games, so look for a familiar tag getting blowed up good.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I've seen/read at least two different Japanese adaptations of Anne of Green Gables at this point.

I actually didn't know the Japanese were all over this stuff too.

Yep. A friend of mine did tourism work in PEI for a bit, and apparently they regularly get a lot of people from Japan coming specifically for the Anne of Green Gables stuff.
    Their off topic tangents have been real hit or miss since Vinny left and Ryan passed.

Jeff, Ryan, Vinny were the improv crew.

Yeah, there really is no substitute for those three guys in the same room.
    I will say, the Beastcast, while being its own thing, has done a respectable job of recapturing the classic GB vibe. The dynamic between Vinny, Alex, and Austin has really clicked.

• Options
    Don't dismiss Bakkalar and his tech "expertise ".

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Brad doesn't have his Dota crew carrying him to victory. Being salty about these losses.

Edit: Yeesh, they got stomped over and over. Were they playing randos? I thought I saw Danny O'Dwyer at one point.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Welp, BNet broke right as I was getting invited, so I didn't get in.

@ceno They played mods, friends of the site, and people who signed up on the forums.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    At least they had that quality win early on to carry them through the stompings.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I should note that a lot of people ask us about "The PC press conference" and "why we aren't covering that." That's because it's not a press conference, it's a sponsored event put on by PC Gamer. I heard last year's show was heading in the right direction, hopefully they've got some interesting announcements lined up over there.

Aw, I was looking forward to some GB snark over this one.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Jeff has started broadcasting the drive on his mixlr. mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/

• Options
    Apparently Alex had booked Peter Stormare for the E3 shows but he had to cancel.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Any idea when we'll get a predictions podcast? I don't remember the schedule from last year particularly well.

• Options
    Tuesday after the show floor opens, same as usual I think.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Tuesday after the show floor opens, same as usual I think.

Yeah, I went to dig up the prior years and it always corresponds with the show starting in earnest. I forgot that Jeff's pre-show time with unannounced games is always a part of the discussion.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Stream is up and there is a distinct lack of lockdown. I need lockdown in my life right now giant bomb.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    aimg3pay8a01.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    EA conference was worth it just for http://giphy.com/gifs/l41Yed9CvjLiNNFQY/html5

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I couldn't do it
    As soon as the first battlefield stream interview ended I had to bail. The awkwardness and bad interviews were causing me physical pain.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I said lock me up and throw away the key~

Microsoft's press thing's pre-show starting now.

Watch it live at videogames.com.

reVerse on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    I never realize just how much I enjoy Lockdown until E3 rolls around again.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The chat absolutely exploded when Lockdown started up.

• Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Watching the Bethesda archive

Don't think I've ever been so relieved to have a stream die as during that elder scrolls legends reveal

jesus christ

Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Travan wrote: »
    Watching the Bethesda archive

Don't think I've ever been so relieved to have a stream die as during that elder scrolls legends reveal

jesus christ

Would have preferred it died during the interminable South Park segment during the Ubisoft conference

Kee-hrist

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Going back and watching them talking over the Ubisoft conference and all of them making fun of the fake gamer speak during the Tom Clancy demo is pretty great! Jeff's southern vape enthusiast is a character I wouldn't mind hearing from again on the podcast.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    I'm surprised Jeff didn't go to the sub ohming well again.

steam_sig.png

• Options
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »

Not clicking play on it this time, but I love this video.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Watching them talk over the Ubisoft thing, I get the feeling the GB guys don't like or appreciate tonal dissonance, like at all.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    WEED3 has been an amazing moment of E3, in no small part due to Battlefield 1

I was surprised to see them being more lukewarm on Sony's conference than I thought they'd be. In hindsight, the VR future being promised for the end of year does seem to be light on substantial titles and killer apps.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    GB seems to be into new, interesting things or dumb things. A lot of good games were at Sony's conference but nothing truly intriguing was there at all.

• Options
    You gotta admit that PSVR showing was underwhelming. Outside RE. It started strong with GoW but closed real bad with Days Gone.

I still haven't seen MS or Ubis though.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    GB seems to be into new, interesting things or dumb things. A lot of good games were at Sony's conference but nothing truly intriguing was there at all.

One of the things I like about Giant Bomb is that they seem to appreciate when a game is trying something weird.

This discussion has been closed.