As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

and now his [Overwatch Thread] is ended

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I am REALLY BAD AT THIS

My only complaint with the game so far is my usual for newly-launched shooters: I feel like there are people that have been online since the servers were turned on and that they have a significant advantage over me. Like I hopped on last night, was level 1, and my parties all seemed to be level 8-ish people.

I know level means nothing, it just feels like they're better than me from the jump.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of Roadhog, if only for the fact that for lack of any early teamwork, he is perfect for ruining people's plans.

Bastion turns into a tank? Hook, stun him out of it, gun him down.

See a Junkrat tire going by? Hook it and survive what your team can't. Then just heal yourself!

I've made a handful of Reinhardts waste their ultimate as well, dragging them away after they put the hammer down on my teammates.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    even though their region locking stuff sucks - but that's not happening on release, yeah?

All of Blizzard's games are region locked and I haven't read anything saying that Overwatch won't be.

You can choose to play on the server for a different region, but you have separate profiles for each region. It's particularly shitty for Diablo 3 and Hearthstone since you'll have to start over with a new character/card collection if you play on another region.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The biggest thing last night that frustrated me was that I feel like you shouldn't be able to have 2 of the same person on your team.

• Options
    Yeah, especially when neither of them have a grasp on that character yet.

I had two Genji's on my team yesterday, and I was still getting sniped quite a bit.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I always play with whatever the autobalance thing says we need, cause I know these other clowns probably aren't gonna follow it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Dammit all, I want to get home and play more of this already.

75% of my work day left.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Dammit all, I want to get home and play more of this already.

75% of my work day left.

I was just thinking that I should have taken a vacation day. Fiscal year ends at the end of the month and I have some time to burn.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    By the way, a tip for anyone that wants to get to know the maps better without the stress of doing so during an actual match, custom games are a thing. Set the map, pick skirmish if you don't wanna worry about accidentally ending the match, and set abilities to have no cooldown so you can Genji dash/D.Va fly all over the place.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    My Battle.net friendslist is BARREN

the tag is Mister#1391 because their name system is weird

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I was definitely not feeling it enough to pay money to try this game, but I will play the hell out of this open beta, looks like it could be great

God I miss the TF2 days

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I love the highlights.

"Oh, a highlight as Symettra? I wonder what got me tha- oh yep, dead after one second, turrets off in the distance kill two people."

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    My Battle.net friendslist is BARREN

the tag is Mister#1391 because their name system is weird

The Overwatch thread over in G&T has a google doc with names and battle.net ID's on it if you wanted to fill that one out/add peeps.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Roadhog, if only for the fact that for lack of any early teamwork, he is perfect for ruining people's plans.

Bastion turns into a tank? Hook, stun him out of it, gun him down.

See a Junkrat tire going by? Hook it and survive what your team can't. Then just heal yourself!

I've made a handful of Reinhardts waste their ultimate as well, dragging them away after they put the hammer down on my teammates.

i played him a lot at pax

he seemed really strong

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    there's a few characters that you probably won't want to play without THE TWITCHIN' but there's definitely folks in every role that you can feel comfortable with while having weaker aiming skills

@Blankzilla: Play Winston. His main attack has a very short range but it locks on to (I think) up to three people so long as they are on screen. His jump is pretty obvious and easy to aim, (I use it to get height on people or jump barriers more than I use it to attack, though) and the only other thing you have to do is aim his melee ult. (don't forget you can jump while ulting)

One thing I'm noting about this game is how powerful everything is. Even a weak character can put down a tank with a few seconds of sustained fire if their target is otherwise engaged. Conversely, of course, that means that if you lose sight of someone for even half a second, assume they will be fully healed when you see them next.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So if I get this tonight I cannot participate in the Open Beta correct?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My tag is Goose#1477

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

You can starting tomorrow

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Hawkstone wrote: »

You can starting tomorrow

Sweet! Download it tonight and play tomorrow I can live with that.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI you don't have to preorder to get access tomorrow. It opens to public.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Hanzo on Attack is nuts. I hadn't tried him at all, ended up with 14 kills, 2 deaths, and PotG from killing a Bastion and Widowmaker with his ult and a Reaper trying to sneak up.

I felt really bad for the Mei that had to sit there in her ice block while I aimed a headshot from five feet away.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Just had a match where 3 of the people on my team were Hanzo

we of course lost horribly

the autobalance doesn't go far enough

at some point it should just go "no, you're not doing that, you lunatic"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Aw man, you guys are making super nostalgic. 5 Sniper 2fort :cry:

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I always give my kudo at the end of the match to a support, if possible. It's a fuckin' thankless job

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I always feel kinda bad because I just wanna play Pharah and rocket people in the face.

• Options
    I want this game to allow me to take an America's Army-style written test

And when I get an "A" on it, they give me a button to switch everyone ELSE's characters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Had a match last night with 93% hook accuracy as Roadhog and didn't get a single accolade from anyone. But that Reaper with 41% kill participation and a super skillfull 'herp derp I hit the R button' 4-kill ult got 8.

Oh well, not salty, I hooked that Reaper out of like 3 ults and basically won the game by doing so at the end.

• Options
    Is it just me, or does the actor yelling from inside his car on Hollywood sound a lot like Chris Parnell?

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    This game isn't going to end up having private servers is it?

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    This game isn't going to end up having private servers is it?

Don't think so no.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You can set up custom games, which seems like it would fill the same role as private servers.

• Options
    Weird teamcomps are pretty great, I had a game before the open beta started with double symmetra and we had like, 180% teleporter uptime between the two of us. I think we also had a mercy... the other team couldn't adapt to webcams everywhere + players who stay dead for all of 5 seconds.

I've also had some pretty good tankless teams where the damage output was just too high.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    You can set up custom games, which seems like it would fill the same role as private servers.

You need to be friends with people before you make a custom game, private servers give an agreed place where a community can form. Kinda sad that not many games do them nowadays

• Options
    Giving OBS a try to see if I can record/stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqB5hvs-wk

• Options
    Oh, some fun facts for the D.VA players:

You can melee directly out of flying, and it is an excellent combo to ram them with flight, immediately melee them, and then finish them off with your guns.

Flying over things aren't the only shortcut available to you. On maps with bottomless pits, there are some opportunities to go under things as well.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    You can also bop people off maps. It's pretty fun to do

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    The most embarrassing play of the game I've been a victim of was a lucio on Lijiang tower point .. I think 3? just running to one side of the capture point, launching me off the cliff, runs to the other side of the capture point, tosses our Reinhardt off the other side.

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    You can also bop people off maps. It's pretty fun to do

It's even better when you just kill them with the boost. Did that to a Reaper.

• Options
    I'm Dys#1440 on battle net.

I'll be playing this all night if somebody needs a teammate.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Damn this game is way more fun than I expected.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.