Options

The Revenge of Interesting Facts: STAY INSIDE ON WIKIPEDIA

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I dont understand why you want to take meat honey away from me

away from us

If you want meat honey you will need to make your own like the rest of us

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I dont understand why you want to take meat honey away from me

away from us

Man, I wanted meat honey as much as anyone, but the science just isn't there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Personally I think if you make some beef broth and mix it one to two with clover honey, bring it to a boil, and then bottle and chill, you might have an interesting honey syrup for making oddly meaty cocktails and other things of the sort, but I'd encourage you to experiment and come up with your own recipe

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    What if you made alcohol out of it?

Meaty-Mead.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The logo would be something where it said either mead or meat depending on how you looked at the label, some kind of holographic character that's a d with a crossed top.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The vulture bee salivates on the rotting flesh and then consumes it, storing the flesh in its special stomach compartment. When it returns to the hive, this meat is vomited and processed by a worker bee, which breaks the meat down into an edible substance resembling honey. This substance is then placed into pot-like containers within the hive until it is time to feed the immature bees.

I dunno dogg that sounds like meat honey to me

So more of a royal aspic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    The logo would be something where it said either mead or meat depending on how you looked at the label, some kind of holographic character that's a d with a crossed top.

Or a honey-roasted ham with bee wings.

Or maybe a center-placed bee biting into a ham while other bees in the background puke into beer steins.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Or a honey-roasted ham with bee wings.

Or maybe a center-placed bee biting into a ham while other bees in the background puke into beer steins.

The second one, but they're sexy lady bees who are inexplicably also 1950's pinup girls.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    IRPB0tc.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Obligate Necrophagy In a Social Bee

"No indication of carrion was detected in honey stores or elsewhere in nests of T. hypogea."

They eat meat and reduce it into a meat slurry to share with other adults back at the hive, but they make honey out of nectar that does not incorporate meat. Super rad bees, but their honey is just honey.

So what you're saying is no one knows where they've hidden the body parts

Not even scientists can find the dread meat honey

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Just use a more stylized Eth. Meað.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    How does that even happen? Wouldn't the surrounding warmer water prevent it?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    from der wiki:
    As sea water freezes in the polar oceans, salt brine concentrates are expelled from the sea ice, creating a downward flow of dense, extremely cold and saline water with a lower freezing point than the surrounding water. When this plume comes into contact with the neighboring ocean water, its extremely cold temperature causes ice to instantly form around the flow. This creates a hollow stalactite or icicle, referred to as a brinicle.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    There's even an entire Octonauts show about a brinicle and its creeping doominess. That's actually how I learned about them. :D

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dlffn

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Gods the ocean is a bizarre and unsettling place

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    On 10 June 1886, Mount Tarawera and Lake Rotomahana in Rotorua New Zealand erupted.

The eruption killed everything in a 6km area, including 120 people.
    The mountain itself ripped into 2 pieces.
    The lake became twenty times larger and 170 metres deeper.
    The Pink and White Terraces, often called the 8th wonder of the world, are destroyed/disappeared

The truly interesting thing about this eruption is how important it has been for geological studies. We can pinpoint the exact start of the new ecosystem and monitor it's changes.

It took until 1900 for the lake to reach it's current size of water.

It took until 1915 for the first plant and bird life to return.

Today, there is a walk through the valley they was created by the eruption, you can head down to the new lake and go on a boat tour, and see all the new things that are happening still with the geothermal activity. Fumaroles, geysers, hot springs, boiling rivers, and a primeval environment that is still regenerating from disaster.

It's a fascinating place, and really lovely.

There's a new TV special on tonight about the Terraces, there's been some new sonar/radar scans done under the Lake, and they think they might have found the Terraces, or at least part of them. So that's cool.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Today is the exact date between 6/9/1969 and 6/9/2069.(American dating. Everyone else gets theirs in about 3 months)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Today is the exact date between 6/9/1969 and 6/9/2069.(American dating. Everyone else gets theirs in about 3 months)

Nice.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I feel a genuine twinge of panic whenever I see that someone has mentioned 69.

“Oh, gosh, I sure hope someone remembered to say ‘Nice’.... oh, thank goodness.”

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

“Oh, gosh, I sure hope someone remembered to say ‘Nice’.... oh, thank goodness.”

We're all professionals here.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

I've started to become really interested in the Paleozoic era recently and this is not much unlike any sea floor during the Paleozoic

Platy on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    That date is as far as possible from 69. It is the winter solstice of Nice. The date is the Christmas of 69.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2019
    are those just natural markings?
    e: seems like yes

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Is this loss?

• Options
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

KdHmFWM.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    nice

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Is this the place to confess that today I was driving behind a truck with a memorial vinyl sticker in the back window

And I estimated how old the person had been when they died and it was 69 years of age and I thought ‘nice’ then ‘oh god I’m terrible’

Then I read more closely and the person died 6 days shy of their 69th birthday...

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

Looks sort of like Frege's notation for formal logic.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just upvoted that Twitter link from Kaplar to 6 agrees and 9 awesomes.

Nice!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Heh nice

• Options
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jesus fuck, another Skyrim port?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I suppose there are worse daedra to dedicate a holiday resort to.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Stay a night at the Azura Deluxe Resort & Spa

wake up in wooden cart

"Hey, you, you're finally awake."

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    As long as no one Fus Ro Dahs me out of bed every morning.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ironsizide wrote: »
    As long as no one Fus Ro Dahs me out of bed every morning.

No, that's only when you've been in the hotel pool too long.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Chill out in the Caius Cosades shirtless lounge area.

This discussion has been closed.