As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Movies] Holy shit! They're Making a BFG Movie?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    SVU is fucking garbage.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    All right

I got something to say

Yeah, it's better to burn out

Yeah

Than fade away!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    All right

I got something to say

Yeah

Than fade away!!!

Are you saying I should watch Highlander tonight?

That's what it sounds like you're saying

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    All right

I got something to say

Yeah

Than fade away!!!
    That only works if there is something worthwhile to begin with!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Finished. Amazing. Laughed harder at a lot of Jacks lines then I have at most pure comedies. I guess they were shopping a miniseries at some point? I'd be down for that.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    All right

I got something to say

Yeah

Than fade away!!!

Blank I'm going to take the male leap and say you didn't enjoy Stalker?

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    All right

I got something to say

Yeah

Than fade away!!!

Blank I'm going to take the male leap and say you didn't enjoy Stalker?
    Noooooope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    holy shit al pacino is 75?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Joining the reports of Jamie Bell, BMD claims that Tom Hiddleston is in very advanced negotiations to take over the role of James Bond.

Out of the two I would definitely prefer ol' Tommy H

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I had Colbert running in the background. Do I have to watch some stuff with Lizzy Caplan? She seems delightful.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    I had Colbert running in the background. Do I have to watch some stuff with Lizzy Caplan? She seems delightful.
    She is fantastic in most of the roles I've seen her in

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don't know if Lizzy Caplan has ever gotten an actual substantive role in a movie yet

Now that I say that, the only one might be Mean Girls

She mostly makes the best out of nothing roles like in The Interview

She's been on a lot of really good TV shows, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2016
    She replaced Isla Fisher in the sequel for Now You See Me

She is pretty substantial in Cloverfield as well

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    They should just make Law & Order: NCSI and be done with it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ncsi?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ncsi?

NCIS and CSI combined.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If you want a top-notch Lizzy Caplan performance look no farther than Masters of Sex.

She is really, really good in it (but so is everyone else, it's a phenomenal show).

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Watch

Party

Down

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    @Zonugal the fact you didn't even ask me to back you up on stalker is something i cannot forgive

the fact you chose fucking @YaYa over me has made you my enemy

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    @Zonugal the fact you didn't even ask me to back you up on stalker is something i cannot forgive

the fact you chose fucking @YaYa over me has made you my enemy

I wanted to, I even tried for a moment, but the forums have made a mess of trying to @ anyone with two words or more in their name.

• Options
    With that said, AJ lets talk about Stalker.

Why isn't there a dvd release?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Lizzy Caplan is in Mean Girls and Cloverfield

Those are movies I like

• Options
    you can still @ people with two words and they get the notification, the link just doesn't work

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Whatever!

I take AJ's threats with no fear.

This has made me his enemy? This injustice?

We were already enemies and always will be but with a sense of civility & monstrous companionship, like Stalin & Hitler.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Whatever!

We were already enemies and always will be but with a sense of civility & monstrous companionship, like Stalin & Hitler.

one day you'll wake up and be eating your own leg jimmy-dean

one fucking day

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Whatever!

one fucking day

Are you going to Hannibal me?

I mean, as much as someone with your culinary skills can?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I LOVE STALKER

• Options
    With that said, AJ lets talk about Stalker.

Why isn't there a dvd release?

stalker is the perfect storm of television

a show wherein everyone hates dylan mcdermott whether it is justified or not, and endlessly gives him shit

a show that, instead of comitting to its premise, instead opts to frame it so that every crime is essentially stalking and there are only two cops in all of los angeles who handle them

it's a show where, in its first season no more than two episodes are about villains who set people on fire...err, i mean, stalk people on fire

a show where every episode ends with a sad lady cover of a pop song that is tangentially thematically related to the plot at hand

it's a show where maggie q becomes batman for a bit because of a dirtbag teen

maggie q, the bargain basement moon bloodgood, becomes batman

quite frankly, i don't think the world is ready for a dvd release just yet. it needs to percolate for a bit. like cop rock.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Finished. Amazing. Laughed harder at a lot of Jacks lines then I have at most pure comedies. I guess they were shopping a miniseries at some point? I'd be down for that.

I really loved the reveal of his identity; it explains why he's so nonplussed about every single thing that happens, he just can't be fucking bothered.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What about The Following?

• Options

The Following is in every way worse than Stalker.

At least Stalker you can enjoy yourself making fun of it, the Following is just an exercise in masochism.

• Options
    Whatever!

one fucking day

i wanted to be annoyed because i'm actually a pretty dang good cook

but i know i'm not hannibal lecter good

i'd probably just deep fry it and mix it in with some spaghetti-os

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Whatever!

one fucking day

i wanted to be annoyed because i'm actually a pretty dang good cook

but i know i'm not hannibal lecter good

i'd probably just deep fry it and mix it in with some spaghetti-os

And I'm fine with eating my own leg that has been deep friend, cut up and diced into some pork & beans.

But yeah, you're no Hannibal Lecter.

• Options

The Following is in every way worse than Stalker.

At least Stalker you can enjoy yourself making fun of it, the Following is just an exercise in masochism.

the following is just depressing and nihilistic

it's like watching henry: portrait of a serial killer as a poorly plotted tv show

stalker is just...so brazenly confident for being so fundamentally incompetent that it is a hilarious trainwreck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    there is some idiot on my Facebook who is like 40 and is all "I HAVE TO GET ON THIS NEW KEVIN WILLIAMSON SHOW HE'S WHY I BECAME A SCREENWRITER" and I'm like "umm do you not watch good tv"

• Options
    Plus the Following doesn't have Dylan Mcdermott.

And I can't overstate the level of joy one gets from watching Dylan Mcdermott, stalker-finding-cop, be the only actual stalker on a show called Stalker.

• Options
    Dylan McDermott makes anything he is in better

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Dylan McDermott makes anything he is in better

I really enjoyed his season of American Horror Story in no large part because of him.

I keep forgetting the subtitle. It was like... Dead House. House of Bodies? American Horror Story: Dead People Home? Murder Place?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    It was the first season so it was just AHS, no tagine needed.

This discussion has been closed.