As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My [chat] as a weapon

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    SlFeCmkl.jpg
    NEOLITHIC, 3.

You are playing against simonwaifu, who managed to get four from HEAD, 3.

Stick, Rock, Himalayas?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Watching "influencers" stream Total Warhammer, looks neat.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    if someone else wants to second chu's guesses I'll deal with them in order

2nd

Also who takes four on a three on the first fucking turn

That's madness

She made a random guess and struck lucky!

That's how you find an assassin. Madness I say!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Alazull wrote: »
    It's amazing how often in my life the solution seems to be fuck it have a beer.

I mean on one hand the warning signs of alcoholism.

On the other hand, works like a charm.

Also exercise can serve a similar function without destroying your life & body

I actually tend to do both.

But thank you for your concern.

Wasn't trying to be a dick. Background is I've spent a lot of my own time drinking away my life & body to suppress negative emotions. Recently discovering other coping tactics for myself. So coming from a place of solidarity and just trying to spread the good word.

I actually didn't think you were being a dick.

I was just trying to let you know that I'm not self-destructing, and actually thanking you for the advice.

It is good advice.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Real fight and real yaoi seem Impossible mode

At an anime convention, though...?

Real fight? Naah. Too many betas. Real yaoi? Not on the con floor and IMO after parties don't count

Winky could always make the real yaoi happen himself

dunno if he'll still have a bingo partner to play with after, but...

huff puff huff puff

Wait did I get here in time

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Tactical flashlights are really effective clubs actually

I can't think of any reason not to own one. Truthfully for real they are useful enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Real fight and real yaoi seem Impossible mode

At an anime convention, though...?

Real fight? Naah. Too many betas. Real yaoi? Not on the con floor and IMO after parties don't count

Winky could always make the real yaoi happen himself

dunno if he'll still have a bingo partner to play with after, but...

You're assuming I'm going to be hanging out with someone who would be less interested after seeing me make out with another boy

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I mean if your girl ever says fist me like a dalek you'll regret not having that flashlight

• Options
    I've found the power efficiency of modern LEDs makes headlamps superior to flashlights for most use cases.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    FxK59swl.jpg

Berry, stick, and rock are all blue! You can either make a random guess or pass over to simonwaifu

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I mean if your girl ever says fist me like a dalek you'll regret not having that flashlight

I have good spatial awareness; I can find the door in the dark

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

STIMULATE

STIMULATE

STIMULATE

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    hello boners

i'm v excite for fancy drinks with my grad school friends tomorrow. we are getting a bar all to ourselves for an hour.

it's a super hipster-y speakeasy with amazing cocktails.

so good!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    pass!

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    It's amazing how often in my life the solution seems to be fuck it have a beer.

I mean on one hand the warning signs of alcoholism.

On the other hand, works like a charm.

Also exercise can serve a similar function without destroying your life & body

I actually tend to do both.

But thank you for your concern.

Wasn't trying to be a dick. Background is I've spent a lot of my own time drinking away my life & body to suppress negative emotions. Recently discovering other coping tactics for myself. So coming from a place of solidarity and just trying to spread the good word.

I actually didn't think you were being a dick.

I was just trying to let you know that I'm not self-destructing, and actually thanking you for the advice.

It is good advice.

Ah, cool. I parsed "thank you for your concern" as "maybe be a little less presumptuous"—which, to be fair, I was being a bit.

Glad we cool.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You say that now but when the aliens come and you can't murder one by bashing it's stupid head in with a tactical flashlight and it makes your butt a test tube...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I was never into flashlights as a gun bro- that bit of the culture never hit me. But I recently bought a lil 25 dollar flashlight, easily small enough to throw in a hip pocket, and holy shit. This thing shits on the huge, bright yellow flashlights of my youth. It is eerily powerful.

No one told me flashlights were on roids trying to break home run records.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I need to get a flashlight, they're fun to play with.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    A flashlight is a useful thing

We could all use a little illumination

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Aioua has passed for chat, board now goes to simonwaifu

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Plus you can put it under your hand and make it look like you're glowing.

• Options
    Iirc since she went first, she needs 9 and you need 8?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I don't understand this game

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

You still do this and pretend you're powering up a spirit blast don't you

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    if you were putting on a resume, "recipient of X grant" but you got it twice, would you say "twice recipient of X grant", or ..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    note also that i don't really know what period the neolithic (except it involves stone/rock) was but i looked for 'sunrise' or 'morning' or something to play off neo, didn't see anything. so figured stick + rock for neolithic weapons or tools, and berry because people used to eat that shit a lot i guess? if the guess requires some specific historical knowledge then i apologize senpai

it literally meant "new stone age" when the classification system was invented back in the 1800s. More recent usage is that "neolithic" cultures are those that have adopted some form of early agriculture (that includes domesticating animals in addition to or instead of plants). That occurred for the first time bout 10,000 years ago in the highlands of the middle east right as the last major glaciation was ending.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    The fight you saw. Was one of the participants the black guy in the goku gi?

Actually it was the dude who seems to go as Azuma every year.

Someone tried to jack his wallet while he was pulling money out of the ATM.

He straight beat the shit out of the dude before security threw him out.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Smash girl demanded I make an anime con bingo and I told her I would make hard mode. Opinions?:
    kdot5at.png?1

This all seems like things you will see within the first couple of hours.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I hate to get so Texas here but if someone tries to steal your wallet "beat the shit out of" is reasonable.

Money Over Everything

Ludious on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    game looks interesting, wish I understood the conversation

google.. too much... work...

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tactical flashlights are really effective clubs actually

I can't think of any reason not to own one. Truthfully for real they are useful enough.

Eh, the new LED flashlights do a much better job of actually being a flashlight. They don't make great clubs but honestly sometimes I just need a much better flashlight.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Two teams, red and blue.

An grid of words. Some are secretly assigned to reach team, a couple are ASSASSINS, the rest are neutral.

One person from each team gets to see what words are assigned to which team/assassins give clues to the rest of their team. You want to get your team to guess all of your words, not guess your opponents words, and definitely don't guess the assassin because you automatically lose.

However, the clue givers may only give clues in the form of a single word, followed by a number. So you look for that many words on the board that match the clue word.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    game looks interesting, wish I understood the conversation

google.. too much... work...

it's called Codenames. I love it mostly because it's a good party game that isn't yet another fucking hidden role game.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

There is a spymaster- since there are only three participants here (Simon, Simonwaifu, chat), Simon is acting as an impartial spymaster. When there are more than three players, each team will have a spymaster.

So the spymaster has access to a board that shows the play grid, with four possible tile results: point for blue, point for red, point for neither (white) and insta-loss (black).

The idea is for the spymaster to give a one word clue and a number. The number conveys how many tiles on the board I want you to associate with that clue. If the spymaster is giving clues to blue, obvs he'll try to give a clue (and a number of clues) that only work to give him points.

The spymaster has to be careful to not give a clue that the player will associate with an adverse tile (like red or insta-lose). The guessed has to be careful to choose the clues he's most confident about- because maybe the clue is imperfect and they have to take their best guess at picking all, say, three tiles that were suggested or only picking the one they're very certain of etc.

Also if you get all your guesses right for a turn, you can take an extra guess if you want (if early in the game this would be random, if later it might be worth if you remember missed guesses from either player earlier on).

• Options
    Of course my version of beat the shit out of is distinctly Ludious. "I'll stop hitting you if you shit your pants."

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

no I just do it and pretend my hand is glowing because the hell is a spirit blast

• Options
    edited May 2016

I hate to get so Texas here but if someone tries to steal your wallet "beat the shit out of" is reasonable.

Money Over Everything

Apparently that year at Sakura Con there were a lot of instances of people trying to pull the snatch-and-run on folk.

Unfortunately for this guy the Azuma cosplayer is a built dude who actually handles himself pretty well.

Plus that particular part of the convention center has a lot of security.

But still some blows were traded on both sides, I figure the thief thought he could fight his way out of there.

Alazull on
  • Options
    Also as the spymaster, you have to consider whether one of the guessers on your team is an extremely overreaching, coked out maniac who treats ad lobbing like a calling.

*glare*

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

no I just do it and pretend my hand is glowing because the hell is a spirit blast

Thank you. You have no idea how much I just enjoyed that by proxy.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    My best play as spymaster "kerbal, five" which was every word about aviation/flight/explosions

Aioua on
This discussion has been closed.