As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Renewables

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Renewables

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Okay people, looks like this is an ingame comic. No outward opinions here. So we can all just turn down the threat level and

qi_sxv.gif

DAMMIT STAN!

Nemrex on
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, the steam from the glass!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Hell on Wheels

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I think that's a soul trying to escape

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That worked out so well for Dr. Aeon in Cap au Diable (City of Villains)...

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Hell energy is emanated from a purple dildo with a butt plug at the end?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Hell energy is emanated from a purple dildo with a butt plug at the end?
    Reaching pretty far for that one.

• Options
    patrizl001patrizl001 Registered User regular
    is that a spirit trying to manifest from the energy?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    patrizl001 wrote: »
    is that a spirit trying to manifest from the energy?

Absolutely not. UAC would like to remind you that in any way implying our limitless free energy is dangerous, will result in a potentially financially crippling lawsuit for you and your family.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    km2km2 Registered User new member
    To give some credit to the UAC's marketing department, they did at least brand it as "Argent Energy" rather than "Hell Energy" when selling it.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My roommate and I had this very conversation last night. Discussing Hell Energy.

And I think we both came to the conclusion that maybe they should reconsider using a product with "Hell" in the title when it refers to actual Hell.

• Options
    km2 wrote: »
    To give some credit to the UAC's marketing department, they did at least brand it as "Argent Energy" rather than "Hell Energy" when selling it.

The road to hell is paved with Argent Energy.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    i mean, Hell is famous for its abundant energy

some might even call it excessive

• Options
    R0n1n_76R0n1n_76 Registered User regular
    Last two panels made me think of The Emperor's new Groove, "Oh right, the poison. The poison for Kuzco. The poison chosen specially for Kuzco. Kuzco’s poison." - Kronk
    Maybe I need to watch something other than what my kids are watching.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nah, Emperor's New Groove is good stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AeroshifterAeroshifter Registered User new member
    Hell energy? Coming from Hell? Preposterous!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    If we can extract energy from Hell, eventually it might freeze over. And then think of all the possibilities that will occur when that happens!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm closing in on page 200 of 900 in the Cryptonomicon right now, weirdly enough, and son I can't wait to read them crazy ass poems you writin'!

Translucia on
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I haven't played the game. Is the grey-haired guy wearing typical women's videogame "armor"? Because if so, :biggrin:

• Options
    DistecDistec Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Calica wrote: »
    I haven't played the game. Is the grey-haired guy wearing typical women's videogame "armor"? Because if so, :biggrin:

Well, the guy's a chick. So.

It doesn't really come off as anything remotely resembling bikini armor in-game. I'm not sure who would've wanted that, actually.

Distec on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I'd just like to say I find it pretty amusing that Mike's coloring book features the Tycho pose wherein he declares he will be known as "the Neil Armstrong of Dog Fucking." Do not get this coloring book within 20 feet of children. I'm not sure how, but I'm pretty sure it will turn them to a life of depravity.

• Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
  • Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

The road to hell is paved with Argent Energy.

Was just about to say maybe nothing UAC straight cops to it in their advertising

Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If Hell existed, wouldn't it be better to drain as much energy as possible from it rather than just letting that energy just sit around somewhere where demons could do demonic things with it?

• Options
    km2km2 Registered User new member
    jothki wrote: »
    If Hell existed, wouldn't it be better to drain as much energy as possible from it rather than just letting that energy just sit around somewhere where demons could do demonic things with it?

Now that's the kind of out-of-the-box thinking we at the UAC like.

• Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    If we can extract energy from Hell, eventually it might freeze over. And then think of all the possibilities that will occur when that happens!

The Eagles will tour again!

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options

Sounds like you could use a job with great benefits like accidental dismemberment insurance and an incredibly productive seven day work week.

Perhaps UAC is the right fit for you?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Now that's the kind of out-of-the-box thinking we at the UAC like.

81qv7.png

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Like that, but instead of adding pitchforks you convert the ones that are already there to energy and drain them away for your own ends. Sure, some of your coworkers might get disemboweled, but it won't be by pitchforks, and that's really what matters here.

• Options
    Steamboat WilleySteamboat Willey Registered User regular
    Is it me, or does this sound a lot like the plot from Event Horizon?

Its all good fun until someone loses an eye.
  • Options
    basicrowanbasicrowan Registered User new member
    The CEO of Argent looks a lot like the Mayor (voiced by Bruce Campbell) in Cloud with a Chance of Meatballs. Is that just me?

"You do what you have to do" - <i>Wilford Randels</i></br>
    I blog and draw cartoons <a href="http://adventuresofnormalguy.blogspot.com&quot; target="_blank">here</a>.