As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Civilization] New civs, leaders, game features announced as a new season. Vampires!

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Civ games' combat has felt weirdly incongruous to me for a long time: most of the gameplay takes place at the high macro level (diplomacy, science, culture, trade and even city/territory planning are all pretty abstract), and then here I am having to micromanage my corps of crossbowmen as they fend off the dastardly savages who periodically harass the hinterland of my empire. It seems like a relic of a bygone gamplay era.

I dunno how I'd do it differently I guess (and I do think 1PT was a marked improvement), it just seems weirdly tedious in a game that streamlines so much.

This is one aspect I really liked about Endless Legend - you have an army you move around, but when you enter combat with another army it then switches to a new battlefield (still using hexes) with varied terrain/etc that really made combat more fun. I honestly wish they'd copied that instead of districts :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I would keep 1UPT in Civ 7, but switch to an army/fleet/wing system where your "units" represent very large investments and you have a lot fewer of them overall. The unit carpet is what the AI can't deal with, and the unit carpet is what makes the military game so tedious.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    This version of Civ is all about tradeoffs, which means there's lots of interesting decisions to be made. Units or districts, etc. The game is built around not being able to do everything.

Though really the best military strategy is to build like 4 warriors and 3 archers and upgrade them as tech progresses. Add in a couple heavy cavs at some point and buy a ram (or siege tower, I like rams) and you're golden.

Yeah, but that makes me feel more like I'm playing a game rather than leading a tribe from their humble beginings to a world expanding empire.

The amount of specialization feels weird, and it's hard to switch gears. This was clearly made for game play reasons, and it works for those reasons, but it doesn't feel immersive to me.

And they way cities work really discourages building them in the mid and late game. But then you lose the fun of the colonial race and claiming every corner of the globe!

I can't say this is a bad game, it clearly has its fans. I guess I'm just rethinking of its for me.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Late game cities can be developed REALLY fast, actually. Less than before the factory nerfs, but it's totally doable. I had a game where a city I built on like turn 200 built Ruhr 50 turns later and became my spaceship factory. Just knowing how to use trade routes and how factories work and what not.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I mean I haven't ruled out the possibility that I'm just bad that this game!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Civ games' combat has felt weirdly incongruous to me for a long time: most of the gameplay takes place at the high macro level (diplomacy, science, culture, trade and even city/territory planning are all pretty abstract), and then here I am having to micromanage my corps of crossbowmen as they fend off the dastardly savages who periodically harass the hinterland of my empire. It seems like a relic of a bygone gamplay era.

I dunno how I'd do it differently I guess (and I do think 1PT was a marked improvement), it just seems weirdly tedious in a game that streamlines so much.

Imperialism. I will not stop singing the praises of the most underrated 4X game of all time. Workers & building improvement on a tile basis, army movement on a giant territory basis so you don't have to fiddle with slowly moving stacks one space at a time.

On the victory condition topic, I get why the AI can't handle a culture victory (they made the tourism aspect needlessly micromanagement complex) but why the heck can't it achieve a science victory? It's so straightforward yet I've never seen an AI progress past The Eagle Has Landed (even when they're 2 entire tech generations ahead of me).

• Options
    AIs are bad at hammer production in general.

• Options
    Yeah but they get hella cheats and bonuses to make up for it.

• Options
    I would keep 1UPT in Civ 7, but switch to an army/fleet/wing system where your "units" represent very large investments and you have a lot fewer of them overall. The unit carpet is what the AI can't deal with, and the unit carpet is what makes the military game so tedious.

The problem with that approach is making a single loss a huge deal that promote snowballing. If your entire military is half a dozen units, and player A loses one while player B gets to heal his wounded unit back up to full for free in a couple turns, that's a huge swing from a single action. It only grows into a bigger deal the smaller you make the army counts.

I was never a fan of any system that mitigates attrition as a factor.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »

The problem with that approach is making a single loss a huge deal that promote snowballing. If your entire military is half a dozen units, and player A loses one while player B gets to heal his wounded unit back up to full for free in a couple turns, that's a huge swing from a single action. It only grows into a bigger deal the smaller you make the army counts.

Maybe that could be dealt with somehow though... Perhaps the units could be cheaper to build but cost more upkeep or whatever, though that might just lead to wars that last forever...

The whole civ battle thing dates all the way back to the early computer game empire in the late 70s. Civ 1 was basically empire with a tech tree.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

What if you had to spend hammers to heal units?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I think this touches on one issue Civ can struggle with which is that like with many strategy games you're not really incentivized to keep playing instead of reloading when something goes wrong in a big way. I think 6 does it better than some previous entries with the ability to pivot a bit if one victory path isn't going well for the player (see responding to AI missionary spam by declaring way and capturing/razing their holy city) but losing the production and unit race tends to not have as many options given how long cultural strategies can take to play out and how much science depends on producing science buildings plus space race components.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »

This is one aspect I really liked about Endless Legend - you have an army you move around, but when you enter combat with another army it then switches to a new battlefield (still using hexes) with varied terrain/etc that really made combat more fun. I honestly wish they'd copied that instead of districts :(

That's basically the combat model of the board game Titan by Avalon Hill, which came out in 1980. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar in Civ to try to spice combat up a bit.

• Options
    edited July 2017

What if you had to spend hammers to heal units?

Yeah, there should be SOME cost to attrition. Your units healing back up to full at no cost isn't a big deal when you have a ton of units, but when your entire military is 6-15, it's huge.

And honestly, I was never a fan of any kind of veterancy system in a strategy war game. It only compounds the snowball effect of one side edging out even a narrow win in a battle. It comes off more like feeding a hero in a MOBA game than warfare.

(that was my one big issue with Fall from Heaven 2. They doubled the veteran bonuses from Civ 4 and made that snowballing worse. That's not even getting into how insanely high level the hero units could get.)

MrBody on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I feel like they could make armies fairly hard to lose, but yeah, I think especially in the Ancient-era, losing your one army in battle is a huge deal.

• Options
    I feel like they could make armies fairly hard to lose, but yeah, I think especially in the Ancient-era, losing your one army in battle is a huge deal.

I feel like it should be easier to make a comeback in these games, it's to easy to snowball or fall behind.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I feel like it should be easier to make a comeback in these games, it's to easy to snowball or fall behind.

I didn't realize how much the World Congress from Civ 5 helped to alleviate this problem until it was omitted from Civ 6.

It gave players who were falling behind a way to gang up on the guy who's snowballing out of control.

• Options
    As the one snowballling, I disagree. :P

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/lmYH3G0DIUQ

Cool aesthetic! Hopefully new update also provides gameplay improvements.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh man 50% production for ranged, which earn 50% more experience. I don't even care about their other bonuses.

• Options
    Kandake of Meroe: Cities get +20% production to all districts. If a city has a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the city center, it gets +40% production to all districts instead.
    Ta-Seti: All ranged units build twice as fast and gain combat experience twice as fast. Mines over strategic resources give +1 production. Mines over bonus or luxury resources give +2 gold.
    Pitati Archer: Replaces Archer. Has more combat strength and more movement points.
    Nubian Pyramid: Unique improvement. Provides +1 faith. Provides +1 food for each adjacent City Center. Provides +1 yield for each adjacent yield-producing district. Can only be built on desert or floodplains.

So they're a civ who specialize in a lot of different areas. They can settle in desert lands that other civs would consider useless. Their production bonus to districts means newly settled expansions can get up and running a lot sooner. Their ranged unit expertise will help them defend their cities and aggressively harass enemies, especially during the ancient and classical eras when their unique unit is still relevant. The bonus yields from mines aren't much, but they're something extra on top of everything else they have. Religious Idols, God of Craftsmen, or Desert Folklore would all be good pantheon choices for them.

• Options
    Provides +1 food for each adjacent city center? That is unusual wording. In what situation would you be adjacent to more than one?

Steam
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Can't say I was expecting Nubia to ever get representation in a Civ game, but I'm pleasantly surprised! They tend to either get rolled in with (or ignored in favor of) Egypt.

• Options
    Seems less broken than the previous DLC civs while being pretty fun.

• Options
    The pyramid adjacent to city district bonus is pretty small. I don't think it will affect where I place my districts. As long as i get a pyramid next the CC for the production bonus then that's all I care about.

Steam
  • Options
    Provides +1 food for each adjacent city center? That is unusual wording. In what situation would you be adjacent to more than one?

Literally none, since City Centers can never be within three tiles of each other. I only wrote it like that because years of reading trading card game text has taught me to always word things consistently.

Also worth pointing out, I wrote that the Nubian Pyramid proves +1 yield for each adjacent yield-producing district, but that might be an oversimplification. It might produce +2 gold when next to a Commercial Hub, as gold is usually valued at only half the worth of other yields by other buildings and improvements. It may also produce extra yields when next to districts that don't produce any yield. The video is vague on this detail. If it does produce yields from non-yield-producing districts, then the yield will probably be gold, since gold seems to be the default for districts that don't specialize in any one specific yield. (Encampment Training and Habor Shipping both produce gold, for example, while all other projects produce the yield associated with the district that unlocks them). The actual video is vague on these details.

• Options
    Oh, the yield is possibly for the district, and not just +1 faith/food for the pyramid itself?

Steam
  • Options
    Taking a stab at Queen Amanitore's agenda, I'm guessing she respects rivals who have more specialty districts in their empire than she does, and looks down on rivals who have fewer.
    Oh, the yield is possibly for the district, and not just +1 faith/food for the pyramid itself?

Definitely not, which is probably by design, since otherwise the policies that increase adjacency bonuses for districts could get out of hand pretty quickly.

The video actually has yield icons turned on. You can see that one Nubian Pyramid built on a normal desert tile (no hills or floodplains) with no adjacent districts produces only one faith. A second Nubian Pyramid on a normal desert tile adjacent to both the City Center and the Holy Site produces +2 faith and +1 food.

• Options
    Actually that archer is basically a siege weapon that has 3 moves and gets promoted faster than a normal archer so maybe they are broken.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I wonder if the new african leader promised will be part of this as well? Maybe an Egyptian for the scenario? They said a few months ago 2 civs and 1 alt leader would be released for africa and south east asia that would be free for deluxe owners. The alt leader really couldn't be SEA because there really isn't a south east asian civ yet so it must be africa.

Edit: someone pointed out at civfanatics that the actual text was "two civilization and scenario packs containing three new leaders, so I guess that does not rule out a double pack with 2 south east asian civs.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Ramses wouldn't surprise me, though his obvious bonuses are all early wonder stuff and would overlap with China.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    They said a few months ago 2 civs and 1 alt leader would be released for africa and south east asia that would be free for deluxe owners. The alt leader really couldn't be SEA because there really isn't a south east asian civ yet so it must be africa.

As I recall, what they actually said was that they would release 2 DLC packs with a total of 3 new leaders.

A lot of people interpreted that to mean 2 new civs and 1 alt leader.

But it could also mean 3 new civs with two of them being in a double pack like Persia and Macedon were.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    Patch notes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/1433685663556011619

Civ Unique Ability: +50% Production toward Ranged units. All Ranged units earn promotions 50% faster. Mines over strategic resources are +1 Production. Mines over bonus and luxury resources are +2 Gold.
    Queen Amanitore Unique Ability: Kandake of Meroë - +20% Production on all districts rising to +40% if the city contains a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the City Center.
    Pitati Archer: Replaces the Archer. Stronger than the Archer with +1 Movement.
    Nubian Pyramid: Improvement. +1 Faith. Receives additional yields from adjacent districts. +1 Food if adjacent to a city center. For all other districts that award adjacency bonuses: +1 of the appropriate yield if that district is adjacent. Desert, Desert Hills, Floodplains.

Jebel Barkal Wonder
    Unlocked at Iron Working. Awards 2 free Iron and +4 Faith to Cities within 6 tiles.
    ‘Gifts of the Nile’ Scenario

The Nile River is the life-blood of not one ancient civilization, but two: Egypt and Nubia. Although these neighbors and trade partners shared a common river valley and supreme deity (Amun) they were often in direct competition if not outright war. In this head-to-head competitive scenario, you will take the role of one of these powers to see who can truly become the most worthy disciple of the great god Amun by being the first player to create 7 Temples in his honor.

Added Restart button to regenerate the map
    Added the saving of game setup configurations to reuse when starting future games (!!!!!)

Balance
    Reduced the cost of the Aqueduct by 30%, and Sewers by 50%
    Reduced cost of all other districts by 10%
    Increased the discount for districts you have less of from 25% to 40%
    Increased costs of district buildings by 10% (except Aerodrome buildings), and increased per settler cost bump by 50%
    Reduced cost of all spies by 25%
    The Hanging Gardens now provides +2 Housing in city it is built
    Walls now provide Tourism, and do not have Maintenance
    Battering Ram and Siege Tower now upgrade to the Medic support unit, and no longer are functional against a city with Urban Defenses
    Gave St George an additional Charge
    Updated Monarchy's Medieval Wall bonus to: "+50% Production toward defensive buildings. +1 Housing for each level of wall."
    Proselytizer Apostle Promotion only evicts 75% of existing pressure of other religions, not 100%.
    Press Gangs will now unlock with Exploration and Native Conquest with Colonialism.
    Increased Anti-Air strength values by 5 across the board. Increased Destroyer AA strength to match other units of the same era.
    Balance Change to Archer (cost +10) and Maryannu Chariot Archer (cost -20, combat +2, ranged strength +2)
    Increased cost to repair city outer defenses
    Moved “Urban Defenses” from Civil Engineering to Steel

Norway
    Thunderbolt of the North gains +50% production of naval melee units
    Stave Church gains +1 Production for all Coastal resources in the city

Spain
    Treasure Fleet civ ability has its gold for intercontinental trade boosted from +4 to +6.
    Mission: increase from +1 Science to +2 Science if next to a Campus.

Scythia’s heal down from 50 to 30.
    Kongo: 50% more Great People points rather than double.
    Greece: Award an envoy whenever they complete an Acropolis.
    France: Catherine’s Flying Squadron now awards a free Spy when the extra capacity is earned at Castles. All spies start as Agents with a free promotion.

Aluminum may now appear on Plains
    Increased Lake generation
    Updated Bonus and Strategic Sea resource generation
    Fixed river generation on Inland Sea maps

Combat Preview UI has received multiple improvements
    The Civilopedia now shows the number of spies/envoys granted by a civic
    Multi-turn unit movement paths shown when unit reselected
    Add Relationships tab to city state Intel Reports which displays that city state's at war status with other civs and city states
    A popup box is now used to modify deal item values
    Added leader dialog for Gifts and Demands
    Scenarios no longer display extraneous UI screens
    Reports now displays great works, adjacency, and districts information
    Trade Route chooser automatically selects previously completed trade route
    Additional improvements to the Trade Route chooser
    Added a turn blocker notification when city ranged attack is available
    Tech and Civic Boosts now additionally appear in the notification panel above the turn advancer.
    A Toggle Strategic View keybinding has been added

Added tooltips explaining why you can or cannot declare each kind of war or undertake another diplomatic action.
    “Are you sure you want to denounce?” confirmation added
    Liberation changes:
    - Liberating cities can now occur even if you got the city in a deal (peace deals are the most common case of this).
    - A case where the Persian player didn't see "(cede)" or "(return)" besides cities on the peace deal screen has been fixed.
    - When you liberate a city-state your military units are only kicked back from the first ring of hexes around the city; you aren't ejected from their territory entirely.

Improved AI ability to move great works around to get theming
    AI will now better handle air attacks
    - Bombers will attack Districts, Improvements, and then Units in that preference
    - Fighters will prefer to attack other air units
    Improved desire to pillage cities
    Improved city planning with regard to adjacency bonuses
    During city attacks, concentrate unit attacks on more threatening units rather than spreading out
    Fixed a bug that resulted in the AI overestimating the value of demand tribute
    Adjust AI acceptance of embassies to be a bit more like what they already do for delegations
    Specifically, they probably will reject it if they're unfriendly, will accept at neutral unless they have any other reason against it (close balance) and will generally accept it at friendly unless they have a strong reason against.
    In evaluating deals, the AI will mark elements that are unacceptable at any price, and expose that to the player
    Improve ability to utilize city-states, beyond just suzerainty
    As a player approaches victory, AI will become less friendly and more aggressive

Improved stability after receiving a multiplayer join error
    Fixed unnecessary host migration when exiting a LAN game
    Fixed an occasional hang during wars in dynamic turn mode
    Miscellaneous UI fixes and stability improvements

Fixed an issue where plot tooltips would show when we didn’t want them to
    Fixed multiple issues with Air combat
    City Banners were not reacting to population changed events
    Barbarian camp art will now update as the game progresses into later eras
    Fixed an issue where pillaged improvements lost their pantheon bonuses forever
    District repair costs now computed properly based on both game speed and start era. Will always be 25% of the cost of creating a new district of that type.
    Correct Alexander’s “To the World’s End” healing ability so it only triggers if the city has a COMPLETED wonder in it.
    Wonders should always be repairable after they have been hit by a nuclear blast
    Fixed issues with Reports screen totals not adding correctly
    Additional bug fixes.

Added new visualization for desert mountains

There's also apparently an undocumented change where plantations give +2 gold instead of +1. And a new bug where civs denounce you for proliferating nukes in the ancient era.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    **Desire to pillage cities intensifies.**

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    This all feels like a great patch. I am particularly excited for the reduction of district costs. Hopefully that speeds up the game a bit for me.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Production queue?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    kinda funny when gandhi calls to let you know nuclear weapons are the future

I mean I'm sure you're right gandhi, but it's still the bronze age over here

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular

This is pretty welcome, not to be used all the time but to save from the really awful starts without having to go all the way back through the menus.

And Nubia looks like fun! Haven't paid much attention lately, is this the "wasn't going to be free but now is" civ?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Rolled a nubia game last night and got an isolated start.

I'm not sure their pyramids are good enough to overcome a desert bias when you don't get the benefit of rolling over everyone with super archers.

Steam
  • Options
    Patch notes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/1433685663556011619

Civ Unique Ability: +50% Production toward Ranged units. All Ranged units earn promotions 50% faster. Mines over strategic resources are +1 Production. Mines over bonus and luxury resources are +2 Gold.
    Queen Amanitore Unique Ability: Kandake of Meroë - +20% Production on all districts rising to +40% if the city contains a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the City Center.
    Pitati Archer: Replaces the Archer. Stronger than the Archer with +1 Movement.
    Nubian Pyramid: Improvement. +1 Faith. Receives additional yields from adjacent districts. +1 Food if adjacent to a city center. For all other districts that award adjacency bonuses: +1 of the appropriate yield if that district is adjacent. Desert, Desert Hills, Floodplains.

Jebel Barkal Wonder
    Unlocked at Iron Working. Awards 2 free Iron and +4 Faith to Cities within 6 tiles.

The Nile River is the life-blood of not one ancient civilization, but two: Egypt and Nubia. Although these neighbors and trade partners shared a common river valley and supreme deity (Amun) they were often in direct competition if not outright war. In this head-to-head competitive scenario, you will take the role of one of these powers to see who can truly become the most worthy disciple of the great god Amun by being the first player to create 7 Temples in his honor.

Added the saving of game setup configurations to reuse when starting future games (!!!!!)

Balance
    Reduced the cost of the Aqueduct by 30%, and Sewers by 50%
    Reduced cost of all other districts by 10%
    Increased the discount for districts you have less of from 25% to 40%
    Increased costs of district buildings by 10% (except Aerodrome buildings), and increased per settler cost bump by 50%
    Reduced cost of all spies by 25%
    The Hanging Gardens now provides +2 Housing in city it is built
    Walls now provide Tourism, and do not have Maintenance
    Battering Ram and Siege Tower now upgrade to the Medic support unit, and no longer are functional against a city with Urban Defenses
    Gave St George an additional Charge
    Updated Monarchy's Medieval Wall bonus to: "+50% Production toward defensive buildings. +1 Housing for each level of wall."
    Proselytizer Apostle Promotion only evicts 75% of existing pressure of other religions, not 100%.
    Press Gangs will now unlock with Exploration and Native Conquest with Colonialism.
    Increased Anti-Air strength values by 5 across the board. Increased Destroyer AA strength to match other units of the same era.
    Balance Change to Archer (cost +10) and Maryannu Chariot Archer (cost -20, combat +2, ranged strength +2)
    Increased cost to repair city outer defenses
    Moved “Urban Defenses” from Civil Engineering to Steel

Norway
    Thunderbolt of the North gains +50% production of naval melee units
    Stave Church gains +1 Production for all Coastal resources in the city

Spain
    Treasure Fleet civ ability has its gold for intercontinental trade boosted from +4 to +6.
    Mission: increase from +1 Science to +2 Science if next to a Campus.

Scythia’s heal down from 50 to 30.
    Kongo: 50% more Great People points rather than double.
    Greece: Award an envoy whenever they complete an Acropolis.
    France: Catherine’s Flying Squadron now awards a free Spy when the extra capacity is earned at Castles. All spies start as Agents with a free promotion.

Aluminum may now appear on Plains
    Increased Lake generation
    Updated Bonus and Strategic Sea resource generation
    Fixed river generation on Inland Sea maps

Combat Preview UI has received multiple improvements
    The Civilopedia now shows the number of spies/envoys granted by a civic
    Multi-turn unit movement paths shown when unit reselected
    Add Relationships tab to city state Intel Reports which displays that city state's at war status with other civs and city states
    A popup box is now used to modify deal item values
    Added leader dialog for Gifts and Demands
    Scenarios no longer display extraneous UI screens
    Reports now displays great works, adjacency, and districts information
    Trade Route chooser automatically selects previously completed trade route
    Additional improvements to the Trade Route chooser
    Added a turn blocker notification when city ranged attack is available
    Tech and Civic Boosts now additionally appear in the notification panel above the turn advancer.
    A Toggle Strategic View keybinding has been added

Added tooltips explaining why you can or cannot declare each kind of war or undertake another diplomatic action.
    “Are you sure you want to denounce?” confirmation added
    Liberation changes:
    - Liberating cities can now occur even if you got the city in a deal (peace deals are the most common case of this).
    - A case where the Persian player didn't see "(cede)" or "(return)" besides cities on the peace deal screen has been fixed.
    - When you liberate a city-state your military units are only kicked back from the first ring of hexes around the city; you aren't ejected from their territory entirely.

Improved AI ability to move great works around to get theming
    AI will now better handle air attacks
    - Bombers will attack Districts, Improvements, and then Units in that preference
    - Fighters will prefer to attack other air units
    Improved desire to pillage cities
    Improved city planning with regard to adjacency bonuses
    During city attacks, concentrate unit attacks on more threatening units rather than spreading out
    Fixed a bug that resulted in the AI overestimating the value of demand tribute
    Adjust AI acceptance of embassies to be a bit more like what they already do for delegations
    Specifically, they probably will reject it if they're unfriendly, will accept at neutral unless they have any other reason against it (close balance) and will generally accept it at friendly unless they have a strong reason against.
    In evaluating deals, the AI will mark elements that are unacceptable at any price, and expose that to the player
    Improve ability to utilize city-states, beyond just suzerainty
    As a player approaches victory, AI will become less friendly and more aggressive

Improved stability after receiving a multiplayer join error
    Fixed unnecessary host migration when exiting a LAN game
    Fixed an occasional hang during wars in dynamic turn mode
    Miscellaneous UI fixes and stability improvements

Fixed an issue where plot tooltips would show when we didn’t want them to
    Fixed multiple issues with Air combat
    City Banners were not reacting to population changed events
    Barbarian camp art will now update as the game progresses into later eras
    Fixed an issue where pillaged improvements lost their pantheon bonuses forever
    District repair costs now computed properly based on both game speed and start era. Will always be 25% of the cost of creating a new district of that type.
    Correct Alexander’s “To the World’s End” healing ability so it only triggers if the city has a COMPLETED wonder in it.
    Wonders should always be repairable after they have been hit by a nuclear blast
    Fixed issues with Reports screen totals not adding correctly
    Additional bug fixes.

Added new visualization for desert mountains

There's also apparently an undocumented change where plantations give +2 gold instead of +1. And a new bug where civs denounce you for proliferating nukes in the ancient era.

I mean, their not exactly wrong....