Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    I logged in to the Center this morning, and everything seemed to be good. No missing dinos.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I saw that! That's you?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Oh merciful god in heaven...

EYLX8GQ.jpg?1

Dodowyvern
    Get Ready for ARK: Fear Evolved 2, running from October 27 through Nov 6!

This sequel to the ultimate Survival Holiday-Themed Event will test your skills and your courage as you hunt for the legendary DodoWyvern across Scorched Earth, collecting up new cosmetics and costumes along the way. Back on The Island, you'll get to tame Snakes, and encounter rare Vampire Bats & Rabid Dire Wolves -- being bit by these infected creatures will give you Vampirism or Lycanthropy! Though you will become a monster, you will also gain incredible powers, whether it's the superhuman sight, speed, strength, and gliding of a Vampire, or the moon-triggered body-morphing ferocity of a Werewolf! Just beware the burning daylight (and stay stocked up on blood)! In Fear Evolved 2, sometimes the most dangerous creature on the ARK... is you!

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Can't wait for more details on this. Is this the kind of thing where everyone on the server teams up to take out the wyvern? Because that sounds like a blast.

• Options
    Can't wait for more details on this. Is this the kind of thing where everyone on the server teams up to take out the wyvern? Because that sounds like a blast.

To be honest I don't know how. Maybe?

When the dodorex came along last year it was strong enough that it took an entire server to kill one. We never did because we didn't have enough highly leveled carnivores. With the Scorched Earth server being so new we'd need to get a move on. I guess... start taming rexes?

• Options
    In my survey of bases across the map I'd say as a whole we're woefully under-rexed, save for the Fremen.

• Options
    In my survey of bases across the map I'd say as a whole we're woefully under-rexed, save for the Fremen.

Honestly that's mostly Beorn, the strongest thing I have is wolves.

• Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    And now I'll need to tame some more rexes given that the sever now goes to 11.(or 150)

The main reason was to get something tough enough to take on a normal deathworm. After seeing how low the drop rate is on mantis I don't know if it's worth it. The mantis is cool, but I've gotten 1 egg from my mated pair so far.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    Are eggs lower than usual on scorched earth? I remember swimming in random eggs on the island months ago but I catch camelsaur eggs and that's about it on SE.

• Options
    Are eggs lower than usual on scorched earth? I remember swimming in random eggs on the island months ago but I catch camelsaur eggs and that's about it on SE.

Possibly. Insects in general are lower than most because oviraptors don't affect them. (note that Ovi aren't native to SE)

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

EYLX8GQ.jpg?1

Dodowyvern
    tame Snakes

This is all I really care about, and like last time when they allowed tamed bats and spiders in with Halloween, I hope that it persists after the event ends.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Kalnaur wrote: »

EYLX8GQ.jpg?1

Dodowyvern
    tame Snakes

This is all I really care about, and like last time when they allowed tamed bats and spiders in with Halloween, I hope that it persists after the event ends.

You can STILL tame bats and spiders. There's just no reason to because they are useless.

At least snakes would be a source of eggs.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Aren't bats supposed to be great pvp pets? They attack riders instead of the dinos. Doesn't apply to me because I'll never play pvp because I do not have time to deal with the shenanigans I've read about on the subreddits.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Good news, Orionsun is going to tackle elevators.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Good news, Orionsun is going to tackle elevators.

Oh really...

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Yeah I asked about getting something done to them so they'd line up easier and his response was that elevators would be getting some TLC soon. Dunno what it means, but it'll be an improvement regardless of what it is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I've been playing in singleplayer recently for a few reasons. One, I like all the completely useless but oh so pretty RP deco mods. Two, I wanted to try the Tabula Rasa mod that adds SE stuff to a non-SE map. Three, I wanted to try the new Ragnarok map. And four, I can't be arsed to feed my dinos when I log off the game, so a 'server' that stops when I do is preferred.

So yesterday I finally got enough resources to craft the Tabula Rasa item that adds all the SE creatures to the map. I saw rock golems! I saw moths! I saw bug things! I saw camel things! I spotted a.. whatsit... jerboa, the little monkey/fox?

And then I was promptly eaten by a death worm and two wyverns.

So I'm very happy I also added the mod that adds a gravestone you can place at your base and use to recover your corpses.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    The guy who made the Center is now working on an official SOTF map. Scorched Earth themed.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So, has anyone raised a wyvern on the server yet? Based on some rough maths it looks like it would take about 21 hours from egg to adult at our server's current rates? Just debating if I can devote the time this month to an all day activity, as we're up for the task as soon as we can get enough speed pumped in our flyers.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    So, has anyone raised a wyvern on the server yet? Based on some rough maths it looks like it would take about 21 hours from egg to adult at our server's current rates? Just debating if I can devote the time this month to an all day activity, as we're up for the task as soon as we can get enough speed pumped in our flyers.

My argent is about 175% speed so far, working on getting the hatchery up. That should be done this weekend.

Once I dismantle my old base, I will be using the parts to build a wyvern trap for getting milk.

• Options
    Yeah, the time sink is the problem for me as well. I don't mind stuff I can do in little bits or prep all the work for over time. But 7ish feedings every 3 hours or so doesn't sound like much fun. From what I've read the trick is high level eggs. They can go longer without feeding. (So high level wyverns are easier to tame than low -Just ark things.)

Given that you get 5 milk per tranq you might as well prep multiple tames at once too so the milk doesn't get wasted. The other option I've heard of is to get 5 or more turrets and kite an alpha wyvern but that sounds pretty rough without a fire wyvern of your own. That said, a large tribe could in theory raise *lots* of wyverns in one big batch using that trick...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    In pairs, with a fast enough tapi, and one person 'driving' and another in the back pelting with tranq darts, in theory getting the milk shouldn't be hard, provided no total disaster scenarios (but this is Ark we are talking about here, that doesn't take much). Just time consuming. I just can't think of a scenario outside of blocking off an entire Saturday where I'm going to be able to get one tamed. This isn't an impossible scenario, but I predict much rolling of eyes from my wife :lol: Mudd's got the right idea building a trap. Theoretically once you have one trapped you can just go back every hour and knock it out for milks right? I've seen some accounts that you need to kill the trapped dragon and get another but the wiki says they regen.
    I've discussed with my brothers (tribe) raising multiple eggs at once to reduce the amount of times we'll have to do it to get everyone a wyvern, it doesn't seem particularly difficult given that a baby won't be blowing through all 5 milks from one wyvern at once.

Am I the only one that feels slimy talking about this particular taming method?

• Options
    My hatchery will be open to anyone to use if they need it for this, btw. That's the intent.

And yeah, I suspect doing a few eggs at once is probably the best method here. Luckily after imprint, raising a critter/interacting with one can be done by anyone.

• Options
    Oh god I'd forgotten about imprinting, that's new for me, too.

• Options

And presumably, imprinting will take Wyvern Milk.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

It can. Just like it could possibly take kibble for other dinos. You can take them for a walk, cuddle them, or they could demand more milk.

• Options
    ironzerg wrote: »

It can. Just like it could possibly take kibble for other dinos. You can take them for a walk, cuddle them, or they could demand more milk.

I really hope they thought to make sure they don't request kibble for creatures that don't live in Scorched Earth.

• Options
    if they do I will totally hop to the center and raid my kibble stash...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I believe all the Wyverns specifically request is milk. My tribemates have raised over a dozen Wyverns right now, and I have yet to hear anyone complain about needing kibble, only Wyvern milk.

• Options

I saw that! That's you?

Yes, sir!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Have we at all looked into adding orionsun's "new" mods at all? I am speaking of Platforms Anywhere, Refertilizer Revised, and Inventory Cleaner. The first would be great for making platforms as throughways in bases like mine on The Center (especially with Platforms + allowing snapping at the edges of platforms), Refert Revised looks to be a better concept of the old refert, and Inventory cleaner looks to be the requested "drop junk items" that people have wanted for harvesting on and off of dinos.

• Options
    We are running platforms plus and structures plus on my server. It is pretty fantastic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Have we at all looked into adding orionsun's "new" mods at all? I am speaking of Platforms Anywhere, Refertilizer Revised, and Inventory Cleaner. The first would be great for making platforms as throughways in bases like mine on The Center (especially with Platforms + allowing snapping at the edges of platforms), Refert Revised looks to be a better concept of the old refert, and Inventory cleaner looks to be the requested "drop junk items" that people have wanted for harvesting on and off of dinos.

I'm not a fan of inventory cleaner, just because it doesn't add anything you can't already do, especially now that filtering is a thing.

I am eying Platforms Anywhere for when it stabilizes. Refertilizer Revised, I am not sure exactly how that's different than the vanilla.

• Options

I'm not a fan of inventory cleaner, just because it doesn't add anything you can't already do, especially now that filtering is a thing.

I am eying Platforms Anywhere for when it stabilizes. Refertilizer Revised, I am not sure exactly how that's different than the vanilla.

It sounds like the inventory cleaner is meant to be like the option folks were looking for to eject useless items from their inventories, and Refert Revised has small, medium, and large radii, so that whole swathes of cleared area can be refertilized, instead of the itty bity area available now.

Still, the one I'm most interested in is Platforms Anywhere. :biggrin:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Tried out SE, died twice, then got into a groove, found Bit's Well, and proceeded to level grind, build a house, tame a fox thing. I have the ability to make the Camel's saddle, now all I need is 140 hide . . . :eek:

I crashed outside a Dune Riders building after I noticed the base had a slightly easy to access hole in the fence (provided one can jump and climb on rocks). I did this in the hopes that I can keep most of the items inside my thatch hut safe.

Edit: I'm Morungol on the SE server.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    I know part of getting in the groove is being on the struggle bus for a bit, but if there's anything the Funtime Riders can help with let us know. We have a satellite base across from the Dune Riders (recently stripped down for our new main base at the blue obelisk).

• Options
    Tried out SE, died twice, then got into a groove, found Bit's Well, and proceeded to level grind, build a house, tame a fox thing. I have the ability to make the Camel's saddle, now all I need is 140 hide . . . :eek:

I crashed outside a Dune Riders building after I noticed the base had a slightly easy to access hole in the fence (provided one can jump and climb on rocks). I did this in the hopes that I can keep most of the items inside my thatch hut safe.

Jerboa are a weirdly good source of hide at low levels.

• Options
    Well, I've only seen two. Tons of camelsaurs, a few ankies, doeds, etc. And boomerangs are a blessing from god. I want them over on The Center.

So Budd, what is your tribe in the land of sand and death?

• Options
    RayzerbeamRayzerbeam Registered User regular

Ya I found your body while doing some stuff at my base, hadn't read the forums but Cy told me it was you. I've unlocked the two big gates so you can get out when you log back in :)