Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, uh, the updates to the game since the initial update seem really important, @MuddBudd.
    Current Version: v248.2
    * Fixed ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 (etc) on servers. Requires Server Update.
    * Fixed permissions on Neutering.
    * Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play.
    v248.1
    * Fixed issue with Dinos not eating or updating some parts of their AI! Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
    * Fixed issue with TheCenter preventing player connections

Updating now.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    It appears as though the PA servers are now on a cluster, as the terminal has the travel to another ark option. Also none of my items or dinos from my adventures on previous servers are available so assuming that's now tied to the cluster?

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    It appears as though the PA servers are now on a cluster, as the terminal has the travel to another ark option. Also none of my items or dinos from my adventures on previous servers are available so assuming that's now tied to the cluster?

We're not sure why that's happening. There were multiple issues with the patch, it seems.

• Options
    realmartharealmartha Registered User new member
    edited October 2016
    Been lurking here for a while. Saw something humorous tonight and thought I'd share.

Behold the new dominant life form on volcano island. Dimetrodons as far as the eye can see.
    tzut8280rhz3.jpg

A level 100 Rex challenges a swath of the hoard. The old guard versus the new regime.
    rgav1nntyena.jpg

On the mud slicked slopes of ash and smoke, the prolonged battle ends showing that the meek masses can wrestle control of the island from the mighty few.
    fdi6yd025wqs.jpg

realmartha on
  • Options
    Well, at least its not Mosa this time.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    v248.3
    Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.

The reign of the Dimetrodons has ended.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    We all knew it would be coming: Mod version mismatch!
    Not sure which one though.

• Options
    We all knew it would be coming: Mod version mismatch!
    Not sure which one though.

I'll get it fixed. (it was pet finder)

• Options
    Current Version: v248.4
    Unversioned Hotfix: Primitive+ now has fixed animations, and various updated content. Requires Server Update.
    * Game support for custom Procedural ARK Generators (ala Mods)! Here's an example:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785098977
    v248.3
    Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.
    * Fixed collecting Explorer Notes while on Dinos (get a Dino XP Buff when you collect it on a Dino!!)
    * Fixed crash case with clients on PGM. Still have issues on a Linux Server, expected solution this weekend.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So uh, weird bug with a mod I might let Orionsun know about on the mod page, sloped adobe roofs are borked. Once placed, they're there visually but anything can clip through them and there's no way to interact with them, as if they're not there. Anyone else run into this? I wonder if it's stuff placed post-patch this week or if it's been there for a while.

Edit: Reported on bug report thread on steam. I'm not the only one, either, so hopefully it gets taken care of soon. I still don't know whether it will actually 'count' for enclosing a building or not. Also apparently the behemoth ceiling gates are broken too, so that's wasted material for me as well :?

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    It is known. It's been a bug since he released his adobe stuff, and I know several people have reported it for him.

• Options
    Awesome. I don't remember seeing it mentioned on here. Good it came up, I guess. Is there any idea whether there's any way to get rid of the pieces? Or uh, just blaze over them with standard roofing?

• Options
    Awesome. I don't remember seeing it mentioned on here. Good it came up, I guess. Is there any idea whether there's any way to get rid of the pieces? Or uh, just blaze over them with standard roofing?

Just put down normal roofing for now, presumably they'll be fixable when he patches it.

• Options
    According to the comments page there should be another big update to Structures Plus coming tonight (so probably later this week). Fingers crossed it fixes my busted roof!

• Options
    According to the comments page there should be another big update to Structures Plus coming tonight (so probably later this week). Fingers crossed it fixes my busted roof!

Awesome. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I planned to spend more time this weekend setting up a wyvern trap, and hunting for eggs. Unfortunately on Saturday my gaming drive died and I had to spending the afternoon fiddling with it and eventually just installing on a different drive. That killed the bulk of my gaming time for the weekend.

I am going to try to get a trap built this week so I can start raising Wyverns over the weekend. I have one egg, a lvl 10, but I'd like to find better.

Hopefully there are no more 'dud' eggs but they've never specifically stated they fixed them.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I planned to spend more time this weekend setting up a wyvern trap, and hunting for eggs. Unfortunately on Saturday my gaming drive died and I had to spending the afternoon fiddling with it and eventually just installing on a different drive. That killed the bulk of my gaming time for the weekend.

I am going to try to get a trap built this week so I can start raising Wyverns over the weekend. I have one egg, a lvl 10, but I'd like to find better.

Hopefully there are no more 'dud' eggs but they've never specifically stated they fixed them.

If you need some S+ Fence Posts, I can give you some. I made way too many for my walls. Though I'm currently trying to decide if I can make some "sort of" towers on a few walls for the purpose of taming shit that just walks right up to said walls.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

If you need some S+ Fence Posts, I can give you some. I made way too many for my walls. Though I'm currently trying to decide if I can make some "sort of" towers on a few walls for the purpose of taming shit that just walks right up to said walls.

If you check out the rocks to the east of the oasis, I built a couple gates there in a crag for taming stuff as well.

Mostly the trap will take stone walls and foundations, and a couple gates. Nothing too expensive.

• Options
    I just started building a trap this morning, actually! We managed to grab a level 180 lightning wyvern egg and I'm scrambling to get a trap set up so we can hatch and raise the thing before the egg dies. I plan on leaving it open for everyone to use; in theory it should be possible to keep a wild dragon in captivity for the purpose of harvesting, as they regen 5 milk every hour according to the wiki. If that's not the case I'll leave the door unlocked and a sign with the pin on the keypad I'll install (I don't trust the auto-close/open doors).

Fun fact: a kangaroo is an excellent getaway mount if you've got a 3-man team. Snatch and grab per usual with two people and an argy, and drop the egg carrier in front of the roo rider just outside the scar. We lost our fast argy in the attempt because I panicked and circled back after dropping our egg carrier, and got lightning'd right up the keester, but we have a tapi teed up to start runs today or tomorrow.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I am extremely jealous of your egg. Also, if you are worried it will die, I have fridges.

I picked up seven eggs on Friday. Only the level 10 poison egg survived. Stupid spoiling bug made most of them expire the instant I grabbed them. (I eventually just turn on admin powers to clear them out)

I may try again tonight.

-edit-

I am curious to see if farming the same wyvern actually works long-term. I suspect they might eventually despawn.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Speaking of fence posts... if anyone wants to donate about a billion metal ones to me, I wouldn't complain. Considering I have to build 7 high since I'm in titan territory. Though they're really dumb and get stuck on rocks and walls, so I may never have to deal with one again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As I was building the trap this eve, this beautiful bastard flew overhead, daring me to steal her children. Makes me wish you could tame wyverns. Also now you all know what radio frequency Funtime Riders rock at.
    3hknfcV.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Servers are coming back online, S+ updated with a LOT of stuff.
    Update: Oct 24 @ 8:03pm
    - Square foundations are now solid blocks(triangles will be updated shortly)
    - Foundations have increased placement tolerance to sloping ground
    - Foundations can now snap up and down slopes(they don't stack but when the slope is too great to place a level foundation, you can snap up or down it)
    - You now only need a roof over your head to get the shelter buff
    - Large open spaces, windows and open doors won't prevent you from being sheltered
    - Config Option: DisableExtraShelter
    - Removed the extra insulation from S+ structures
    - New Item: S+ Insulation Negator (will remove the insulation penalty from all structures on the map, servers can hide this engram if they want to keep the challenge of SE)
    - Foundations, walls and ceilings now have internal pipes and wires, allowing them to conduct water and power
    - Foundations, walls and ceilings now have snap points for pipes, wires, outlets and taps
    - Irrigation structures(water tanks, industrial cooker, beer barrel) can snap directly to foundations and ceilings
    - New Item: Demo Gun (left click to pick up, press G to demolish)
    - New Item: Repair Gun (note: currently ignores the repair timer so PVP servers may want to hide this engram)
    - New Item: S+ Multi Lamp (can place on foundations, walls and ceilings, can change its color and intensity, automatically turns on at dusk and off at dawn, works underwater)
    - New Item: S+ Tree Sap Tap (larger inventory and more reliable sap production)
    - Added S+ Wind Turbine(can snap to foundations and ceilings)
    - Config Option: MinWindForTurbine
    - Config Option: TurbineMaxPowerDistance
    - Fence foundation snaps can now be cycled with the G key
    - S+ crafting stations can be named
    - Containers and dinos listed in the resource pull list will now display their name first
    - You can only pull resources from structures that match your tribe inventory access rank
    - Pulling resources will now only transfer items if they have been successfully removed from the target inventory(fix for Aku Shima)
    - Door auto logic has been significantly improved
    - You now need the appropriate tribe activation level to be able to change the settings on a door(ie manual to auto)
    - Gates, behemoth gates, giant trapdoors and behemoth trapdoors now open slightly quicker
    - Doors will only auto open if you have the appropriate tribe activation rank
    - Generators can snap to ceilings now
    - Removed raised pipe snap points on foundations and ceilings
    - S+ Water tanks and S+ Industrial cooker can no longer be placed without snapping
    - Various issues with adobe structures corrected
    - Ladder teleport code reworked: unlimited height, works on non-english servers and won't get confused when the bottom of ladder is in a structure, can climb from any angle instead of just in front
    - Adobe engrams are no longer restricted to the Scorched Earth map(they still have vanilla pre-requisites, so if you want to enable them without SE you need to override those engrams)
    - Behemoth hatchframes snap correctly to ceilings and are easier to place
    - You can now disable the side collision on stairs
    - Fixed issue when grinding meat and the recipe would use other meat instead
    - New Grinder recipes: 1 blood pack -> 1 salt, 1L, 2M & 3S poop -> 1 sulfur, 1 angler gel + 5 fibers -> 1 silk
    - Pressing G with the model selector gun pointed at a structure will set that model to the gun, subsequent shots will then apply that model. Pressing G again will clear the set model and allow the selection UI to show.
    - Added additional snap to walls so they can fill holes near the ground in fences easier
    - Fixed glass hatchframe collision
    - Fixed issue with ceilings not snapping correctly to the top of small pillars
    - Fixed issue with adobe sloped wall not snapping correctly
    - Medium and large crop plots have increased inventory
    - Dinosaur gate will no longer snap to a behemoth gateway(and vice versa)
    - Fixed catwalk alignments
    - Greenhouse walls no longer float above metal and glass foundations
    - Mod file size reduced by 30 mb
    - Mod will no longer block founder items

Half-tempted to just bold the whole thing.

I am not 100% certain how some of these new settings work, but I believe I have set the wind turbines to a more reasonable wind speed than the vanilla ones... we'll see what happens.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    We played around the new piping system. Few pointers:

- You may need to pick up and replace an S+ item to get it to work. This is for pre-existing stuff built before the update. After you've rejiggered it, it should be fine.
    - Stuff like Cookers and Beer Barrels will irrigate just from being placed on water connected S+ floors.
    - Refrigerators and such, at least the vanilla stuff, will still need outlets placed somewhere to connect to the power in the floor/walls.
    - The PNC Solar Panel is from a different mod, so you can't just place it down and power up the floor. You need to connect it to a floor or wall with a cable first.
    - Crop plots still need faucets/sprinklers.
    - The new lamps are awesome.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Really, the devs need to just buy S+ from orionsun and then hire him. Because this stuff should be vanilla. It's such a good improvement now.

• Options
    Speaking of mods, I am keeping an eye on this one.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781204544

• Options
    The only issue with them buying S+ is that, not unlike other mods they have purchased, it would be changed to fit their needs, and anything built with the actual mod may or may not work after such an update.

That said, his work is one of the reasons I continue to play; it elevates the building options to be just too stellar to ignore.

• Options
    Speaking of mods, I just installed this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761422516

It should fix the founders skins not spawning due to mods.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Time to go die and test it out.

It works, at least on SE. :biggrin:

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Any word on when the obelisk terminals will be working again?

• Options
    I'm not seeing anything, or any bug reports.

Can someone clarify the exact problems they are having? Maybe they changed how some of the settings worked or something.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    In our experience, anything that existed in our obelisk inventory, including dinos, is completely inaccessible. Not that big a deal, but even stuff I've caught on Hideous Daystar and stuffed in the obelisk prior to 248 are gone. They are, however, available in single player. I've not tried other servers. Like I said, it's not that big a deal, but it might be when people start wanting to port their wyverns and stuff back to Center. I've not uploaded anything since it started doing this for fear of losing stuff, but I could experiment with some throwaway little buddy jerboas.
    There's also now a button at the obelisk that says something about transferring to another server (I'm not at home so I can't check to see what it says exactly) so it looks like the host has cluster servers in some form of operation? When I clicked it the only server that came up was A Dinosaur is Its Own Reward. Again, didn't want to break something and have to start over so I didn't muck with it.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Huh. I haven't enabled any cluster settings, and as far as I know, both our servers are on separate hardware.

This might be the host? I'll look into it.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Oh, um.

So, no news on the transfer stuff. But I did discover that apparently any time the server restarts the game.ini gets wiped right now.

So, uh, Giga can currently spawn in The Center.

-edit-

This also affects baby growth speeds. That's a game.ini thing.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    currently getting as Mod mismatch on both servers. 5:58 PST

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BitTWist wrote: »
    currently getting as Mod mismatch on both servers. 5:58 PST

Oh, right, S+ had an update scheduled. One moment.

-edit-
    Update: Oct 25 @ 5:25pm
    - DisableExtraShelter has been changed to EnableExtraShelter
    If you wish to use the enhanced shelter system, you need to manually enable it. If you have issues with accessing inventories or funky 3rd person camera, then disable it.
    - New Config: DisableInternalPlumbing (if you are having issues with the internal pipes and wires, then disable this)
    - Adobe/Thatch/Greenhouse structures have proper insulation values when using enhanced shelter
    - Foundations now have solid bottoms(except glass)
    - S+ Multi Lamp will now remember its glow color and intensity settings
    - S+ Multi Lamp will now work correctly on rafts
    - S+ Glass door fits in its door frame now(pick up and place it back)

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    The ini thing might have just been the latest patch, the SE game.ini seems fine. I'll fix the Center tonight and make sure there are no giga, if it works.

• Options
    Alright, Game.ini wipe was apparently something that happened with the patch, I didn't realize it had happened a second time.

Settings are saving properly now, so Giga are restricted on the Center and baby hatching/raising settings are back to what they should be.

Also, a heads up, S+ is apparently updating sometime in the next hour or so with more fixes.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    S+
    Update: Oct 26 @ 12:39pm
    - Shelter and plumbing removed.

I had already disabled shelter. Not sure why he removed the plumbing... annoying since I just redid my stuff.

-edit-

Electricity still seems to be working... as does plumbing for that matter. Hmm.

Going to reconnect things the old way tonight until he sorts it out.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    What does he mean by shelter?
    Shame he removed plumbing. I was kind of lukewarm on it to begin with, nice snap points along walls would have been sufficient for me, but it seemed a really nice convenient feature that I've been too busy with other pursuits to have messed with yet.

• Options
    What does he mean by shelter?
    Shame he removed plumbing. I was kind of lukewarm on it to begin with, nice snap points along walls would have been sufficient for me, but it seemed a really nice convenient feature that I've been too busy with other pursuits to have messed with yet.

The big patch that added Adobe also changed all the other S+ stuff so they gave minimal thermal protection. So a metal house in Scorched Earth would kill you, but a S+ metal house would not.

The patch after that, he added an option to disable it, which I did because I didn't like that change.

Then he changed it so it was off by default and you had to enabled it, because it initially broke and suddenly S+ Adobe lost all thermal protection.

Now he has removed it entirely.

There were issues with the plumbing, for sure. It seemed like once you had your house hooked into water, it stayed that way even if you disconnected the intakes.