• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Is that a buff to headshot damage?

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »

No the headshot damage buff exactly counters the base damage nerf so headshot damage will not change.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So, how does one play Zenyatta anyways?

Tranquilly.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

carefully

• Options
    Rend wrote: »

No the headshot damage buff exactly counters the base damage nerf so headshot damage will not change.

Thank you very much!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Patch notes, may have translation error as these were apparently taken from a Chinese site. Grain of salt until official notes:

Brief translation:
    McCree
    Alternate fire
    Damage decrease from 70 to 45
    Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds (Probably reverse patch form this)

WidowMaker
    Alternate fire (Snipe)
    Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change)
    Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5
    Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
    Infra-Sight (Ult)
    Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

Bug Fixed
    Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
    Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
    Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
    Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)

Edit: Note that people are pointing out that Widow's bodyshot is now a max of 120 instead of 150. Headshot damage unchanged.

I'm going to guess that these patch notes are for the PC?

I assume so. I know I got a message on console saying they were doing maintenance today, but no official notes have gone up yet.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Try to always keep a couple friends between you and the action. Keep an orb of harmony on whoever is lowest. If people are topped off (or the only people with damage are flankers/snipers who can't easily get back in LoS of you) throw it up on whoever is most likely to take a damage, like a tank character.
    Point yourself at the action and keep tossing discord orbs on whoever your team is shooting at/exposes themselves to you. It's got a pretty long range, generous targeting, and seeks. It gives a 50% extra damage taken debuff which means it can cause people to absolutely melt. Spend the rest of the time hurling your primary fire/charge orbs down range.

Your ult is useful for maintaining control of an objective during a big push. It does a ton of healing in the area around you. It also makes you invulnerable, so you can tank some things like a RoadHog ult. It does enough healing that you can outheal non insta-kill Ults like Genji or Hanzo.

You are super squishy and have very little mobility. Beg for Symettra shields or Torbjorn armor if available, they help a lot.
    If somebody comes at you and your team can't save you, you have to save yourself, and quickly. Do not attempt to flee. Pretty much anybody can outrun you.
    Throw a discord orb on them and shoot them in the face. Your primary fire does a ton of damage (45 I think?) Combined with discord you can actually destroy people pretty quickly. I've saved myself from McCrees, Reinhardts, and Ulting Reapers this way.
    Your charge fire is handy if you know where people are. Charge up around a corner, pop out as it finishes and let go. Especially helpful if you've tagged them with Discord because you can see the indicator through walls.
    Bobbyrrrr wrote: »
    Tips are most effective when left on, try keeping tips on.
    "Don't go into an area Widowmaker is covering."
    Well game, that sounds great. Too bad the only reason anybody knew she was there is because I found her bullet with my face.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Uncategorized Zenyatta Info:

Zen does best when he has a bodyguard. Rein in particular is good, as you can stand safely behind his shield and tag people with Discord orb for a big damage boost. Roadhog can work as well, since his area denial can help keep you safe from ambushers, and he is a great ult battery.

Really, if any of the roster keeps you in mind and chases away flankers and Widows, Zen can do work. Widow can 1 shot you with a charged body shot, but that is apparently going to change, so that's a huge indirect buff for Zen.

If your team ignores you and lets Reaper/Genji/Tracer flank and attack you, your screwed, UNLESS you are more skilled than your opponent. Discord orb allows Zen to put out some decent damage, so if you are flanked, just be aggressive back!

Really, if a Tracer decides she wants you dead, there is very little you can do to stop it. People complain about Mei's freeze, but Tracer's bomb is much worse, from an un-fun point of view.

EDIT: Payload offense is the worst mode for Zen IMO. He's just too fragile to stay on the payload. Better of as Lucio or Mercy.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    I actually do pretty well on Payload with Zenny.
    The extra trickle heal helps with both anything that manages not to kill me and healing people my orb is not on. Payload is better about encouraging people to stick around, so you have more bodyguards.
    I usually hunker down right on the back bumper (or if it's going around a turn, on the side facing the outside of the turn).
    It can get rough in places like the last few meters of King's Row, where it's just a killbox, but other than that he works fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    I really like the look of these first balance changes. Significant changes but they're not burning characters to the ground.

• Options
    This patch is PC only. Console patch will come later, together with a larger content patch. Probably with competitive mode.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    NO, the reign of McCree continues on console.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Zenyatta really shines with another support. Put an orb on your friend Lucio and nobody will ever ever die

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

In harmonious fashion

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Zenyatta can out-DPS race a lot of characters. Always be left clicking people and, if you have the drop on someone, charge up your right click and aim for the head.

Your balls do 45 damage a single left click, 35 per ball for a charged right click. 90 damage a dome shot without discord orb is nothing to sneeze at.

Discord tanks and they become squishy little meatbags. Discord a genji and watch him die to a single hit. Your discord orb and your harmony orb should always be moving around.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I really like pairing Zenyatta with Symmetra on defense to benefit from having 175 health (no one-body-shot-kill for Widowmaker!) and to keep up solid damage output even with two supports.

I want a Basketball Zenyatta skin so bad, complete with "PING" sounds of the balls bouncing off your enemies' skulls. :D

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    This is my soon to be 4 year old playing (completely in the buff). He is actually really good, even considering he has a full cast on. Was much better before he broke his wrist, he was fighting off a band of ninjas.

So if you invite me to a group and I'm not talking or doing relatively well, he may be the reason :) He is better then most pubs though!!

scdilbqiwaf7.jpg

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Zenyatta can out-DPS race a lot of characters. Always be left clicking people and, if you have the drop on someone, charge up your right click and aim for the head.

Your balls do 45 damage a single left click, 35 per ball for a charged right click. 90 damage a dome shot without discord orb is nothing to sneeze at.

Discord tanks and they become squishy little meatbags. Discord a genji and watch him die to a single hit. Your discord orb and your harmony orb should always be moving around.

Yeah, this is absolutely crucial. If you don't have peel or can't disengage, fight back. Get a discord orb on them and just lob balls. 90 damage with discord means that you can kill tracer in 3 hits and if she misses or has reload and you don't you win. So many times I have tried to kill a Zen and didn't oneshot them, only for them to turn on me and either kill me first or chunk me super low to be finished off by teammates.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Still think Fan the Hammer should get dropped enough that it doesn't still annihilate 250-HP characters in one go (forcing McCree to follow-up on tougher characters that aren't also tanks), but down to 270 is still a big improvement. Should considerably knock down the viability of him just fanning shots in your general direction for kills, instead of having to bother with aiming and hitting a target repeatedly. And I don't get why his ult isn't getting some time shaved off of it or getting more charge loss on a cancel; there's no good reason that ults are all-or-nothing for everybody but McCree, who gets a huge time cushion for execution as well.

Also puts all the tanks except Zarya out of insta-kill range for the fan/roll/fan followup to a flashbang, which should've just been a blatantly obvious way to have things anyway. And Zarya has her personal shield still, so she already had a way to get through that attack combo.

Widow's stuff looks good. Takes out the crap where she'll be one-shotting some characters completely regardless of where she hits them, and the scope change will keep people from snapping back and forth between ultra-shots and regular movement with minimal penalty. I'd still like to see her rate of fire slowed so she can't just spam shots until she gets a kill, but we'll see how these changes work first.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Zenyatta has ridiculous range too. You can discord and fling balls outside turret range and make snipers die or relocate with very little effort

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Zenyatta has ridiculous range too. You can discord and fling balls outside turret range and make snipers die or relocate with very little effort

I didn't realize what a sniper-killer Zen was until yesterday. Clobbered a Widow a good 6-7 times with him, by tossing out the discord orb and following it up with some fastballs.

And I was doing it from our back lines, so she was always busy shooting up everyone in front of me while I was safe.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Still think Fan the Hammer should get dropped enough that it doesn't still annihilate 250-HP characters in one go (forcing McCree to follow-up on tougher characters that aren't also tanks), but down to 270 is still a big improvement.
    reaper and mei both survive the initial flash + fan now if their escapes are off cooldown, so the kills against them aren't guaranteed. i am not even sure the kills are guaranteed against 200 hp characters - i think genji can deflect before dying. not sure anyone else has an option that will actually let them live barring shots missing tho

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Zen might be a lot more important now for tank killing, now that McCree doesn't shred them so easily.

• Options

Yeah, this is absolutely crucial. If you don't have peel or can't disengage, fight back. Get a discord orb on them and just lob balls. 90 damage with discord means that you can kill tracer in 3 hits and if she misses or has reload and you don't you win. So many times I have tried to kill a Zen and didn't oneshot them, only for them to turn on me and either kill me first or chunk me super low to be finished off by teammates.

67.5 damage for a body-shot with discord, 135 for a headshot with discord.
    That means 3 body shots to kill a 200 HP hero. 2 if one of them is a headshot.
    And if they aren't at full health a single headshot might take them down.
    Do not underestimate Zenny's damage potential.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

67.5 damage for a body-shot with discord, 135 for a headshot with discord.
    That means 3 body shots to kill a 200 HP hero. 2 if one of them is a headshot.
    And if they aren't at full health a single headshot might take them down.
    Do not underestimate Zenny's damage potential.

Whoops, forgive my bad maths. Glad to see the number of hits was still correct. Thanks for the correction.

• Options
    A full charge is good for dumping a lot of damage on a big target, or for zinging a bunch of balls at a general location. If you strafe a little bit when you let them go they'll cover a sniper perch no problem, and generally by the time that widow/hanzo feels safe to pop back out you can just do it again.

I really love Zenyatta, guys.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's interesting that Fan is now lower burst but higher sustained dps. He's weaker at picks but he'll be better at shield popping. And lower reload improves his midrange capability as well.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Can you tell i like talking about how rad Zenyatta is?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    All of that patch stuff sounds peachy keen. Makes me very excited to see what they do with D.Va, since I'd like to spend more time with her but just don't feel all that effective right now.

• Options
    Now give mercy's ult an actual animation

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    weird thing happened last night

was doing the brawl. During the champ select screen, i saw a roadhog and switched to roadhog also, because lol who cares it's brawl we're all going to get random characters anyway. Everyone else followed suit and we had a screen full of roadhogs ready to go in, knowing we were all going to get random characters...

accept we didnt...

we all got roadhogs. It was really funny and created a short comradirie with my teammates before the match

later after each person died, we all got randomly assigned because it was still brawl..

really weird though, for a second i freaked out and thought maybe i hadn't queued for Brawl.

my assumption is that we managed some glitch in the system (rather than the inifinitely small chance that we all got randomly assigned roadhogs after having selected him in the pre-match screen.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

was doing the brawl. During the champ select screen, i saw a roadhog and switched to roadhog also, because lol who cares it's brawl we're all going to get random characters anyway. Everyone else followed suit and we had a screen full of roadhogs ready to go in, knowing we were all going to get random characters...

accept we didnt...

we all got roadhogs. It was really funny and created a short comradirie with my teammates before the match

later after each person died, we all got randomly assigned because it was still brawl..

really weird though, for a second i freaked out and thought maybe i hadn't queued for Brawl.

my assumption is that we managed some glitch in the system (rather than the inifinitely small chance that we all got randomly assigned roadhogs after having selected him in the pre-match screen.

From what I could tell doing the brawl in open beta, your initial team comp prefers heroes you selected during "assemble your team" but likes to rearrange them.

I had this exact situation happen to me no fewer than three times over the course of the 3-4 days, so I think it's fairly safe to say that it wasn't simply random chance.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Good bye mcree. No one will miss your crap.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

McCree has a 140 damage a shot headshot at close range and incredibly reliable damage at mid-range, his fan still will instantly murder non-tanks/combo will do a lot of damage

He is incredibly good still

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Patch just downloaded for me. (NA)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Widowmaker's biggest change is her quickscoping imo, as very good snipers could reliably headshot to begin with. That changes how someone views the entire field and limits her field of view substantially.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

McCree has a 140 damage a shot headshot at close range and incredibly reliable damage at mid-range, his fan still will instantly murder non-tanks/combo will do a lot of damage

Not when im pig or zarya or rein my friend. Not then.

And he isn't a guaranteed loss anymore for much of the cast. Whatever Monster mcree was..... he isn't now. he's still viable, as he should be. But no more bull crap melting full health tanks and mids.

He's no longer the default answer to "how do we counter that?"

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

accept we didnt...

From what I could tell doing the brawl in open beta, your initial team comp prefers heroes you selected during "assemble your team" but likes to rearrange them.

I had this exact situation happen to me no fewer than three times over the course of the 3-4 days, so I think it's fairly safe to say that it wasn't simply random chance.

Yup, I had a game of all Winstons vs. all Junkrats yesterday. That sure was interesting.

• Options

Not when im pig or zarya or rein my friend. Not then.

And he isn't a guaranteed loss anymore for much of the cast. Whatever Monster mcree was..... he isn't now. he's still viable, as he should be. But no more bull crap melting full health tanks and mids.

Now you just have to be discord orbed. :twisted:

• Options

accept we didnt...

It also frequently gives you the character you selected if you got into a pregame skirmish first.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.