Options

[Phalla]tale - Final Day: The End

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I voted. I'm posting. I need this baby to sleep.

Correction. I need her to sleep in her bed.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Her bed just happens to be wherever you are.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

Ahava reaches for a broom to peel the baby off the ceiling.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    What's this box Doe and kime are mentioning?

Phyphor made a thingie that scrapes Phalla threads and keeps a vote count with history and graphs and such. You can see it in his sig. We call it "The Magic Box". It's pretty awesome.

But it's not yet activated this game, which means no automagic vote count :(

Sadly I actually have no ability to activate it for this game. I didn't finish the login bits so admin stuff is tied to being accessed from my home IP and I have no ability to ssh in and change the list right now

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    38thDoe made a post that was just a line. Obviously a votible offense.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    So anyone wanna place bets on last minute ratfucking, or do we figure the humans will avoid it as too conspicuous? I mean, we have 2 inactive voters still, and a juicy 8:6 pair of bandwagons.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The word you are looking for is "shenanigans"

And it's not like we won't be able to react to it in MrBlarney overtime.

discrider on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Shenny gannigans

No, this isn't a mandatory second post what are you talking about?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I suppose it is more polite, but I find it funny that the other term is ~60 years old.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Part of me wants to get in on some shenanigans for some of those old tyme thrillz

but it's day 1, it's late, and do I really want to futz with bb code on my phone right now? Nah

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    !shalmelo for being there

• Options
    SHENANIGANS

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Delmain

missed ya, buddy.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Day 1 has closed.

Votes and actions taken at x:08 or before will count; votes and actions taken at x:09 or later will not count.

Results will be up at the top of the hour. Status PMs will go out at approximately the same time.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed you guys didn't keep it going.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Only reason I didn't play keep it up was I had to go grocery shopping. Oh well, c'est la guerre.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
  • Options
    I was mostly just happy that I could get that vote posted. I checked the thread at 12:59 and managed to get the BBCode for that vote done in less than a minute from my phone

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Muffet is a hero of the people.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Muffet is a hero of the people.

Maybe her people.
    Not monsters generally. Or humans.

Now Metatron...

• Options
    Day 2: Fight or Flight

It was surprising how quickly the rumors impacted the populace. Paranoia ran through the citizenry in the search for the invaders in their midst. Monsters began to act out against each other, their magic wielded to cause harm. The Royal Guards' efforts to take in the most suspicious characters did little to reduce the violence. In the end, more residents ended up disappearing, and suspicions continued to grow.

Eliminated Players
    Bedlam
    Gizzy
    JPants
    Virgil_Leads_You

Day 2 closes Tuesday, June 7, 10PM PDT / Wednesday, June 8 1AM EDT / 5AM UTC.

Status Update PMs are going out now. I will post in the thread to note when this has been completed.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Oof, no confirmation of affiliation? Or was everyone a monster? This is gonna be interesting.

...Man, not even a hint of who died how.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    That's rough.
    Hopefully a one-shot ability obfuscated that.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Look at day 0 narration with Infidel's death. Same presentation . It seems likely these were all just monsters based on the narration.

We'll have to actually read the narrations to have an idea if someone bad died ! The horror!

• Options
    I always read narration, but I didn't think it was 100% clear if that was the case.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    If the narration does indeed contain clues, Day 1 mentions that Infidel's body wasn't found, only that he dissapeared after a noise and a flash of light. Without getting too spoilery, does something like that happen in Undertale?

It would be so wild if we were all monsters and the only winning move was to not eliminate anyone or something.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Maybe we have corpse seers to confirm the dead?

• Options
    All status PMs have been sent out. Let me know if you didn't get a status PM or if something seems to be in error.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Martoss wrote: »
    If the narration does indeed contain clues, Day 1 mentions that Infidel's body wasn't found, only that he dissapeared after a noise and a flash of light. Without getting too spoilery, does something like that happen in Undertale?

It would be so wild if we were all monsters and the only winning move was to not eliminate anyone or something.

Usually monsters turn into dust when they die.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I always read narration, but I didn't think it was 100% clear if that was the case.

Monsters acting out against each other seems pretty clear. The only ambiguous thing I see is regarding the Royal Guards bringing in the most suspicious. But considering it did little to reduce the violence . I suspect another monster. That I think Blarney would be a bit more explicit if a baddie ate it
    Blarney isn't a sadist

• Options
    It would certainly be appropriate; even if there are humans the idea of simply not fighting/eliminating for a day or two would be thematically appropriate, BUT... I'd kind of be disappointed. It's a bit of a trick question on the part of the host to even make a phalla based on the game if he's going to subvert the entire mechanism of phalla, and the fight/support mechanics by themselves are hella interesting to me all on their own.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So, should we all go inactive for a day just to test it? A grand experiment? There's only 2 players that'd be in trouble for consecutive inactivism as far as I can tell.
    pacifist run?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    To be clear, I'm not trying to advocate that we all stop voting and attacking. But at the same time, I don't currently see any reason to vote for or attack anyone in particular.

So until I get new information, I think I'll just stay all peaceful like!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    So, should we all go inactive for a day just to test it? A grand experiment of a pacifist run? There's only 2 players that'd be in trouble for consecutive inactivism as far as I can tell.

Hello That would be me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Egos wrote: »

Monsters acting out against each other seems pretty clear. The only ambiguous thing I see is regarding the Royal Guards bringing in the most suspicious. But considering it did little to reduce the violence . I suspect another monster. That I think Blarney would be a bit more explicit if a baddie ate it

I certainly hope that's the case, because if we're getting nothing from the outcomes of kills that's going to make playing a phalla damn hard. But please keep in mind I've only played a few phallas and each time the host pretty explicitly identified players on death, so while I agree it's the obvious conclusion (which is why I suggested it as a possibility in my initial response) I wasn't certain.
    Egos wrote: »
    Blarney isn't a sadist
    Again, I kind of hope so. It'd be extremely misleading to tell people no knowledge of Undertale is needed because how the hell would they ever get to the idea of non-violence being the answer in a phalla without knowing the game?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    So, should we all go inactive for a day just to test it? A grand experiment of a pacifist run? There's only 2 players that'd be in trouble for consecutive inactivism as far as I can tell.

Actually, as long as you post twice and submit orders, you won't be hit for inactivity.

• Options
    Hrmm... good point. Changing the criteria for inactivity warnings to allow no voting and no attacking is conspicuous. So everyone talks a bunch and supports others for 1 day just to see?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Of course, if this phalla is really true to the game...
    Aren't we already too late for total pacifist?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    If anyone attacked and killed someone in the list I think it would help the village of they came forward.

I'm guessing a standard spread of Vote kill, Vig Kill, Mafia x2 unless new info comes forward.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wait, no role reveals? Does that mean everyone who died was vanilla?

wVEsyIc.png