Options

The American Presidency and Those Who Seek It

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Isn't... Isn't that the same "You're fired" pose/gesture from The Apprentice?

That or he's stoned out of his mind.

He's playing at Uncle Sam.

He will play that nationalist card because that's about all he really has.

donald-trump-your-fired.png

Oh, the past.

If you GIS "apprentice trump "you're fired"" two of the first four images are that pose too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Isn't... Isn't that the same "You're fired" pose/gesture from The Apprentice?

Lame.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I mean you can't expect the dried out potato man to have more than a few facial/body expressions.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Donald Trump was built for selfies. Perpetual duck-face at the ready.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    This is why I said ignore the Secret Service Agent liar

His own testimony now contradicts his story.

Does anyone ever take those cash in, muckraking books as anything but a claptrap suitcase full of lies, pisspoor reasoning, and "i'm just asking the question" type hypotheses?

Politicians on the right? Chuck Todd, Most of the staff of Politico?

tbf Politico probably knows it's complete bullshit, they just don't care.

All they care about is covering the horse race.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Not pictured: the print on the back that says "unless you're a Muslim, Mexican, disabled, uppity, or menstrusating."

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Kana wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    This is why I said ignore the Secret Service Agent liar

His own testimony now contradicts his story.

Does anyone ever take those cash in, muckraking books as anything but a claptrap suitcase full of lies, pisspoor reasoning, and "i'm just asking the question" type hypotheses?

Politicians on the right? Chuck Todd, Most of the staff of Politico?

tbf Politico probably knows it's complete bullshit, they just don't care.

All they care about is covering the horse race.

Politico's attitude, which is the same attitude of most of the media, is pretty much the reason why President Trump is an actual possibility. So, that's more awful.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lord Sugar is better than Trump.

• Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lord Sugar is better than Trump.

Lord Marshal Zhylaw is better than Trump.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hey, did you folks know that Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, put out a plan today so that he'd have something to point to whenever people asked him about Trump and he desperately wanted to change the subject?

Yes, me neither. It wasn't anything big, like what they plan to replace Obamacare with if they can repeal it...oh, wait, that's exactly what it was.

This makes the sit in that is sucking all the oxygen out of the newscycle that much sweeter.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    NPR inline fact checked Trump's speech.

It is kind of lovely.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/22/483100251/fact-check-trumps-speech-on-clinton-annotated

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Hey, did you folks know that Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, put out a plan today so that he'd have something to point to whenever people asked him about Trump and he desperately wanted to change the subject?

Yes, me neither. It wasn't anything big, like what they plan to replace Obamacare with if they can repeal it...oh, wait, that's exactly what it was.

This makes the sit in that is sucking all the oxygen out of the newscycle that much sweeter.

especially since Ryan turned off the camera feed of the sit-in in an attempt to stop CSPAN from reporting on it. they simply broadcast the periscope and facebook live feeds from the floor instead.

• Options
    This is the only story the Politio did recently focusing on the Secret Service guy, and I don't really know what's wrong with it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hillary-bill-clinton-secret-service-224578

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

especially since Ryan turned off the camera feed of the sit-in in an attempt to stop CSPAN from reporting on it. they simply broadcast the periscope and facebook live feeds from the floor instead.

The House is in recess. According to the rules the cameras are off when the House is in recess. Ryan didn't turn them off. The House owns and runs the cameras and they are following the rules.

Even still this sit in is a pretty great piece of political drama. And will be a damn good piece for the election.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular

CNN wrote:
    The plan, revealed Wednesday, relies on individual tax credits to allow people to buy coverage from private insurers, and includes other largely familiar GOP ideas such as medical liability reform and expanding access to health savings accounts. It proposes putting $25 billion behind high-risk pools for people with pre-existing conditions and for others, and transforming the federal-state Medicaid program for the poor by turning it into state block grants or individual per-capita allotments to hold down spending.

But the 37-page white paper falls far short of a full-scale replacement proposal for "Obamacare" and leaves key questions unanswered, including the size of the tax credits, the overall price tag of the plan, and how many people would be covered.

[...]

The proposal represents one of the most comprehensive efforts to date. Details also include various ideas aimed at shoring up the Medicare health insurance program for seniors, including gradually increasing the retirement age and ultimately giving beneficiaries a choice of private plans to choose from in competition with the existing fee-for-service model.

So a combination of the usual GOP bullshit and the usual Paul Ryan "try not to notice that my plan has a giant asterisk for which there exists no footnote" bullshit. Lovely.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Man, all I can think about with Paul Ryan is "I'll bet John Boehner is SO glad that he stepped down right about now."

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, it's that same plan that involves replacing Medicare with telling old folks to go die, I mean use these vouchers, I mean die if you're poor.

Also if the House is in recess we need to somehow force the Senate out of session so we can recess appoint Garland.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Trump is going to Scotland, which means reporters are looking at how he hasn't been very successful there and involved him being a goose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-top-example-of-foreign-experience-a-scottish-golf-course-losing-millions/2016/06/22/12ae9cb0-1883-11e6-9e16-2e5a123aac62_story.html
    In one case, Trump workers blocked in the cottage belonging to Susie and John Munro, constructing a two-story-high hill in their front yard and then adding a fence and locked gate, the couple said. Whenever it rains, they say, their yard fills with water and their steep dirt road turns into a mudslide.

During a dispute over property lines, workers ripped out a fence near the home of David and Moira Milne, who live in a converted coast-guard station on a hill above the golf course. The Trump workers installed their own fence — and then sent the Milnes a bill for it.

Trump’s workers also planted a row of trees that blocked the Milnes’ view of the sea. When the first batch died, the workers ripped them out and planted a second.
    According to reports filed with the British government, Trump said the Aberdeen course has lost more than 4.71 million pounds since 2012 — the equivalent of $6.9 million at current exchange rates. British authorities were told that the course lost 1.14 million pounds, or about $1.67 million, in 2014 alone.

Yet in a July 2015 disclosure filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, Trump valued Aberdeen at “over $50 million” and put his income from the course at $4.2 million between mid-2014 and the end of 2015.

A similar pattern holds for records filed for his Turnberry golf resort on Scotland’s west coast, which he will also visit this week, and at a third Trump course in Ireland’s County Clare — millions in losses reported in overseas records, millions in profits reported on U.S. forms.

Trump told Bloomberg News, which first reported on the gap between the reports, that the amounts he listed on his U.S. filings were “projected future income.”

Trump’s son Eric, who takes the lead in golf course developments, said in an interview that the U.S. disclosure forms report gross revenue, not net income. He also said the British and Irish courses are losing money only because the Trump Organization is spending aggressively to turn them into leading international resorts.
    I have no clue what Trump is doing there other than spending time to hype up his business instead of anything useful.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Trump is going to Scotland, which means reporters are looking at how he hasn't been very successful there and involved him being a goose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-top-example-of-foreign-experience-a-scottish-golf-course-losing-millions/2016/06/22/12ae9cb0-1883-11e6-9e16-2e5a123aac62_story.html
    In one case, Trump workers blocked in the cottage belonging to Susie and John Munro, constructing a two-story-high hill in their front yard and then adding a fence and locked gate, the couple said. Whenever it rains, they say, their yard fills with water and their steep dirt road turns into a mudslide.

During a dispute over property lines, workers ripped out a fence near the home of David and Moira Milne, who live in a converted coast-guard station on a hill above the golf course. The Trump workers installed their own fence — and then sent the Milnes a bill for it.

Trump’s workers also planted a row of trees that blocked the Milnes’ view of the sea. When the first batch died, the workers ripped them out and planted a second.
    According to reports filed with the British government, Trump said the Aberdeen course has lost more than 4.71 million pounds since 2012 — the equivalent of $6.9 million at current exchange rates. British authorities were told that the course lost 1.14 million pounds, or about $1.67 million, in 2014 alone.

Yet in a July 2015 disclosure filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, Trump valued Aberdeen at “over $50 million” and put his income from the course at $4.2 million between mid-2014 and the end of 2015.

A similar pattern holds for records filed for his Turnberry golf resort on Scotland’s west coast, which he will also visit this week, and at a third Trump course in Ireland’s County Clare — millions in losses reported in overseas records, millions in profits reported on U.S. forms.

Trump told Bloomberg News, which first reported on the gap between the reports, that the amounts he listed on his U.S. filings were “projected future income.”

Trump’s son Eric, who takes the lead in golf course developments, said in an interview that the U.S. disclosure forms report gross revenue, not net income. He also said the British and Irish courses are losing money only because the Trump Organization is spending aggressively to turn them into leading international resorts.
    I have no clue what Trump is doing there other than spending time to hype up his business instead of anything useful.

I don't even think he'll be able to reliably weigh in on the Referendum because campaigning is tightly controlled on poll day.

• Options

Useful to whom?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

For Trump, if it's not Scottish, it's crap.

• Options

Useful to whom?

His campaign. The Brexit referendum doesn't appear to have been huge news in the USA so far, and it doesn't appear to be a major business for Trump either.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Heh, I like how the article specifically pointed that part out

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I don't even think he'll be able to reliably weigh in on the Referendum because campaigning is tightly controlled on poll day.

Out of curiosity, what's the penalty for campaigning in a non-approved way on poll day? Is it something that he could be arrested for?

The thought of Trump spending a night in a Scottish police cell makes me giggle a little.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Out of curiosity, what's the penalty for campaigning in a non-approved way on poll day? Is it something that he could be arrested for?

The thought of Trump spending a night in a Scottish police cell makes me giggle a little.

I'm not actually sure. Most likely, the British Media will pay him no mind. At least until 10pm.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    For those interested out of morbid curiosity, you can watch the CNN Libertarian Town Hall here.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I certainly hope that the people whose properties have been mauled by Trump will be able to get reparations in UK courts, and soon.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    For those interested out of morbid curiosity, you can watch the CNN Libertarian Town Hall here.

I am currently at a well stocked bar and I don't think there is enough booze here to for a libertarian bullshit drinking game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

I am currently at a well stocked bar and I don't think there is enough booze here to for a libertarian bullshit drinking game.

Do you have any of that Satan's sperm concoction left? Seems like it would be appropriate here.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Do you have any of that Satan's sperm concoction left? Seems like it would be appropriate here.

That's at home and Libertarians aren't worth losing my sense of taste for the weekend.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pulse survivor asks Johnson and Weld why they think we need more guns.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

For Trump, if it's not Trumpish, it's crap.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    I love you, Scotland!
    Donald Trump has a long and complicated history with his family's homeland, Scotland. A few years ago he razed a huge plot of natural land to build his golf course "Trump International Golf Links", displacing longtime residents by using Scotland's version of eminent domain. These residents did not go down without a fight, as shown in the excellent documentary called "You've Been Trumped."

As a form of silent protest, residents of Menie Estate, north of Aberdeen, have erected numerous Mexican Flags as a sign of unity Buzzfeed reports..

David Milne, a long time resident of the Aberdeen area, says:
    “The point of the flag is to show solidarity with the Mexicans and every other group that Trump has decried, derided, insulted, and tried to marginalise”

• Options
    I don't know why Trump is going to Scotland. Reading about what he did there with his developments a while back, it didn't seem like he would receive a warm reception.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Here's a thing, Marco Rubio will run for his Senate seat.

Also says funny thing.
    If Trump is elected, he said, "we will need Senators willing to encourage him in the right direction, and if necessary, stand up to him. I've proven a willingness to do both."

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I don't know why Trump is going to Scotland. Reading about what he did there with his developments a while back, it didn't seem like he would receive a warm reception.

It was suggested to specifically make money off reporters flying on his campaign plane and staying at his hotels. And honestly I'd fucking believe that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Here's a thing, Marco Rubio will run for his Senate seat.

Also says funny thing.
    If Trump is elected, he said, "we will need Senators willing to encourage him in the right direction, and if necessary, stand up to him. I've proven incapable of both."

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I do have to laugh that Trump is campaigning in Scotland that's some 12th level chess campaigning in a future American state.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Oh honey...

At least the linked article got it right.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.