Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Wow. this is actually a pretty damn good PS+ this month.

No, that's not aloud in this thread. PS+ is a piece of shit that shits on all of our faces every single month, and Sony is shit for giving nothing but shit.

Don't worry, they stuck some awful shit in there to balance out the good stuff.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I like Gat Out of Hell enough on Steam that I'm glad to have it on PS4. The flying is great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hopefully Furi is neat

If not, then I am totally down to chalk this up as a completely bad PS+ month, sure

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    So it's saying that Saint's row Gat out of hell is free this month.

I'v never played any saints row games before how is it?

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »

It is essentially an add-on to Saints Row IV without technically being an add-on

I cannot imagine a worse entry point for the series, though

If you have a PS3, definitely check out Saints Row: The Third, you should be able to get it cheap, it's the best SR game, and it's essential storytelling before playing Saints Row IV

Then play Saints Row IV

Then play Gat Out of Hell (or, don't)

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I think i'll just give it a miss then.

Just been the first Ps+ freebie since Grim fandago that actually looked decent

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

It is essentially an add-on to Saints Row IV without technically being an add-on

I cannot imagine a worse entry point for the series, though

If you have a PS3, definitely check out Saints Row: The Third, you should be able to get it cheap, it's the best SR game, and it's essential storytelling before playing Saints Row IV

Then play Saints Row IV

Then play Gat Out of Hell (or, don't)

If you've got a PS3, I'd say start with Saints Row 2 so way you can watch the series evolve from a straight-up GTA clone to President Super-villain Vs. Aliens in the Matrix. 2 also has some of the best side missions of the series, and it's the only game that really gives you a chance to build up any affinity for Gat, one of Gat Out of Hell's main characters.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So Furi is ok. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. Coulda just gone with cutscenes between fighting the people since there's no reason not to go the way the game wants you to go. Thankfully you can press X and the guy will auto-walk to the next destination. The dodge seems kind of inconsistant. I'll dodge through an attack and take no damage, but then dodge the same exact way through an attack and take damage from it. You can shoot incoming bullets to destroy them(which is easy to figure out in the first fight), but also it seems like you can parry bullets too. Haven't tried it, but the trophy list leads me to believe you can. So anyway, not bad for a "free" game.

Couldn't hurt to give it a try since it's free. It is a stand alone game, but it would help to play SR2-4 because they're awesome. SR1 is great as well, but may be too janky to play now. All you need to know is they're in space because they were fighting aliens, The Boss is the most BAMF to ever be a BAMF, so Satan kidnaps him/her to force them to marry his daughter. Johnny Gat is The Boss' BFF and runner up in the BAMF department, so he heads down to Hell to punch Satan in the dick and rescue his friend. It's just a really fun game if you're looking for something silly and wacky to play. I mean there's a weaponized recliner chair in the game for cryin' out loud...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    SR3&4 are so much fun. I much preferred them to the later GTA games.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I do like the gameplay of the SR games but I hate the setting. Asshole crime gangs are not included in the list of things I like.

• Options

You won't have any idea what's going on or who the characters are, but the moment-to-moment will still be fun. And it's hard to beat the price of free.

I never played 1 or 2 so I don't know who one of the main quest givers is or why I should give a shit about one of the main characters, but I still had a great time playing it (and the series as a whole from 3 on).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    well shit, I don't know where I got the idea from but for some reason I thought PS+ saved you x% on every purchase from the store, now I realize it's just on specific ps+ sales. oh well

After buying a freaking year of PS+ (since also i thought there were 2 more weeks of summer sale!) so that I could play Uncharted 4 multi and get a couple sale prices I picked up Tearaway and God of War 3. With my 2 day PS+ trial over the weekend i also picked up Little Big Planet 3 (and last night figured out how to import all my LBP1 and 2 unlocks into it). Also since I already owned Flower and Journey on PS3 they are now on my 4 library, which means I've amassed a decent small library of exclusives in a week. (oddly I for sure owned Flow on PS3 but it's not showing as free for me on PS4)

Also I fucked up and apparently forgot to get NBA2k16 during my 2day trial and by the time I subbed last night it already rolled over. son of a.

I love Forza games, and driving games in general, so I was thinking I should pick up Driveclub for the $7.50 it costs, not sure why it's so cheap? Also is it any good? All I remember are people bitching about it.

edit, if people are curious since I was buying a PS4 just for exclusives this is what I own:
    Uncharted 4
    Little Big Planet 3
    Tearaway
    God of War 3
    Journey
    Flower

And this is what I still want of stuff that is out:
    Rather & Clank
    MLB The Show 16
    Infamous Second Son
    The Last of Us Remaster (Already owned and played through on PS3)
    Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (of which I've played on PS3)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    @jclast you'll probably want to pass on SR1, it's a very different game that tried to compete with GTA, but SR2 is also super fun and if you liked 3 you'll probably like it. It's sort of a halfway point between 1 and 3 (which makes sense)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    I've heard that 2 is very good. Not sure even if I picked it up that I'd have time to devote to another open-world game.

Right now I'm mopping up base trophies in AC: Syndicate and then going over to Uncharted 4 before coming back to Syndicate for the Jack the Ripper stuff. I've also got Last of Us Remaster and God of War III to play.

Stupid adulthood. I finally have the money for games but not the time.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I really couldn't get into the first two Saints Row games

I enjoyed their tone but the gameplay just wasn't quite there for me

3 is where that series really starts for me

• Options
    jclast wrote: »
    I've heard that 2 is very good. Not sure even if I picked it up that I'd have time to devote to another open-world game.

Right now I'm mopping up base trophies in AC: Syndicate and then going over to Uncharted 4 before coming back to Syndicate for the Jack the Ripper stuff. I've also got Last of Us Remaster and God of War III to play.

Stupid adulthood. I finally have the money for games but not the time.
    ya, Isaac is 22months old now, usually sleeps the night, goes down at like 7:30. I have all my evenings free.

Finally time to myself!!!

also we're having a baby girl in October.

I fucked up you guys.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    No way man, that's awesome! Congratulations!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I fucked up you guys.

I can assure you none of us are pregnant so no

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Not the WD Passport ones. I mean it'll work as a USB drive, but if you mean taking it apart and putting the hard drive in, then no. They're too thick and the USB connector is directly on the drive.

If you want one to take apart and put in a PS4, then anything Seagate will do.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    That's roughly the same one I got, so it should be fine. And yeah, there was an update to move the maximum size from 2TB to 4TB a few months back, but then you're back to "is this drive too thick?" as always when you step up in capacity. I will say this: 2TB has been tooootally fine, and that's with a lot of digital full games and 1GB video recordings of gameplay.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    All the Seagate backup plus slims are more or less the same. The one I ripped open was funnily enough an Xbox branded version.

Just remember how you took it apart, because when you're done you can put the old drive into the box, and you'll still have an external drive to use.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hardtarget wrote: »

I love Forza games, and driving games in general, so I was thinking I should pick up Driveclub for the $7.50 it costs, not sure why it's so cheap? Also is it any good? All I remember are people bitching about it.

Driveclub is really good, and the post release support has been insane. Get it and the season pass or whatever they called it and you will not be sorry.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    So Furi is pretty fantastic. Crazy that they would give away such a great brand new game. Such value.

Somebody made mention of the dodge mechanic being a little wonky, which it is for sure, but it isn't because it is broken or anything. Because you can charge your dodge, it activates when you take your finger off the button, which takes a bit of getting used to, but once I got the hang of it I was able to dodge much more effectively.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Okay, so the J-side sale just popped and it's...i dunno? There's not an awful lot that's in my price range. MG:Ground Zeros is like 5bucks, but Phantom Pain was the one everyone was on about, right? That First Light y'all were talking about is 7. i'm not salty, on account of my backlog being kinda stupid right now, so that's ok.

The PS+ for us is...ah...Dynasty Warriors 7, which is not really in my wheelhouse (and guaranteed to not have language support); and Table Top Racing: World Tour, which...if i remember last month(?) didn't get a particularly great reception around here?

Eh, s'okee. Actually, now that i think about it, it's probably for the best. We're heading back to the States to see the folks next month, i probably shouldn't be dumping a ton of cash on games right now.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My DS4 appears to have died during the night. It will work while plugged in but will not actually charge. I bought my PS4 16 months ago which seems kind of short for a controller since I have 360 controllers going on 6 years. Apparently it is an issue though so I guess I am in the market for one. I may pick up one of the anniversary controllers.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So Furi is pretty fantastic. Crazy that they would give away such a great brand new game. Such value.

Isn't it more like... this is what should be part of PS+, such that people are incentivized to re-subscribe? And I presume it's an excellent form of marketing for the devs/publisher, even if it delays some amount of income.

That said, I'm not usually into this sort of game but it is really cool.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

Isn't it more like... this is what should be part of PS+, such that people are incentivized to re-subscribe? And I presume it's an excellent form of marketing for the devs/publisher, even if it delays some amount of income.

Do not engage.

Seriously.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Do not engage.

Seriously.

Oh don't be a goose, I'm just having a bit of fun and trying to push back a bit against the intense negativity towards PS+ in this thread.

Never played more than 10 minutes of a God of War game before, I hope I end up liking the 3 remaster. Also, Doom is way better than I was expecting it to be.

• Options
    God of War III is really cool, though II is the pinnacle of that series

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I like Furi on paper, but it's too fast, too punishing, and the tells aren't obvious enough for me.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Renzo wrote: »
    I like Furi on paper, but it's too fast, too punishing, and the tells aren't obvious enough for me.

I'm only on the second fight and the thing that bothers me at the moment is that they regain health when you lose a life point. That just seems obnoxious.

metaghost on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Somebody made mention of the dodge mechanic being a little wonky, which it is for sure, but it isn't because it is broken or anything. Because you can charge your dodge, it activates when you take your finger off the button, which takes a bit of getting used to, but once I got the hang of it I was able to dodge much more effectively.

Furi is indeed awesome. I didn't know about the dodge thing, that makes me feel a lot better about myself. What's the idea behind a chargeable dodge though?

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Furi is indeed awesome. I didn't know about the dodge thing, that makes me feel a lot better about myself. What's the idea behind a chargeable dodge though?

Longer charges increase the distance of the dodge and I think you can only dodge through certain attacks via charged dash.

• Options

I think Sony knows this and does it every so often. It doesn't have to be every month that we get a brand new game for PS+ to be a good value. Remember, we're paying for online multiplayer, cloud storage, and additional discounts as well.

That being said, Rocket League as a PS+ game was a stroke of genius. It sounds like Furi won't really be for me, but I appreciate what they're doing (and Gat Out of Hell very much is for me, and I appreciate that as well).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Longer charges increase the distance of the dodge and I think you can only dodge through certain attacks via charged dash.

Huh, chargeable dodge... good to know. Now I know how to dodge this one attack the prisoner does :^:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So apparently Furi doesn't actually save progress. So you gotta beat it in one session or start again from the beginning. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So apparently Furi doesn't actually save progress. So you gotta beat it in one session or start again from the beginning. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Really? Guess I'm never playing it then.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.