Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ...Don't they? I'm literally using an 2TB Xbox branded Seagate external drive that I just ripped out of the case. And they make a 4TB version as well that looks pretty much identical.

Yeah, I have a 4TB 2.5" external as well. Just used it on my last deployment earlier this year.

They're expensive, but 4TB 2.5" internals exist.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Brilliant, ordered! I could always remove it later and pop it in to the Pro when I get that.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Brilliant, ordered! I could always remove it later and pop it in to the Pro when I get that.

If you're doing that, you'll probably need another external 4tb drive to backup to.

• Options
    For transferring data? Cause I have uncapped decent speed Internet for mass downloading. Hell, when I built my pc last year, I downloaded 3tb of games in a 2weeks.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If the thought of download speeds and data limits doesn't make your heart skip a beat, then go nuts and replace/redownload.

Otherwise yeah, for a great many people, those are serious limitations, and backing up to a drive is about the only sensible option

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, cloud saving made that process really nice for me. Just make sure all my saves were uploaded, pop in the new drive and redownload everything

I wonder how the process goes with putting an old hard drive into a new PS4? Because I plan on putting my current 2TB into my Pro

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Yeah, cloud saving made that process really nice for me. Just make sure all my saves were uploaded, pop in the new drive and redownload everything

I wonder how the process goes with putting an old hard drive into a new PS4? Because I plan on putting my current 2TB into my Pro
    I'm guessing it doesn't go. With the PS3, you had to reformat the drive when putting a new HD into the system; doesn't matter if it came from your old PS3.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

I'm guessing it doesn't go. With the PS3, you had to reformat the drive when putting a new HD into the system; doesn't matter if it came from your old PS3.

Yeah, each HDD on the PS3 is encrypted to only work on that one system. PS4 is probably pretty similar.

Usually I hate pre-ordering early but I pre-ordered my Pro a couple of days ago because who knows how many units they're going to send over here. I'm just going to use my current 1TB SSHD on it because it's served me well and I don't think there are any larger SSHDs out there anyway. It's no big deal, I like to keep my library fairly tidy, so it usually stays safely under the limit.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    My plan is to use the 4tb in the curent one for now and then switch it into the Pro when it arrives. I'll pop the 2tb back into the current ps4 later.

• Options
    Bam The Last Guardian delayed to Dec7th. Rather a delay than cancellation or poopy game butthey made such a bigdeal out of this getting a release date, it's really funny.

• Options
    The Last Guardian has been delayed till December 6th. Late November/Early December just got crowded.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Last guardian delayed, what a shocker

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

It's be nice if you could just put the old drive into the new system, log into your account, and it'd do whatever technical mumbo jumbo needed to transfer shit with no problem.

Honestly though, I'm kinda sympathetic to Sony a tiny bit. Especially with the latest news of no mod content in Bethesda games. They have had a horrible history regarding encryption and hacking. Apparently in the past week or so the Vita hacking and piracy scene has absolutely blown up thanks to Henkaku. I have little doubt they're probably scared shitless of user mod capability now, lest that be an avenue to PS4 hacking.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

This is actually good news for me: I was already considering putting it off until after I get the Pro, since what we've seen of that game suggests it's having the same problem as FFXV with performing optimally on regular PS4.

Plus October is already jam packed with VR, World of Final Fantasy and other stuff. This is a good thing.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

This is actually good news for me: I was already considering putting it off until after I get the Pro, since what we've seen of that game suggests it's having the same problem as FFXV with performing optimally on regular PS4.

Plus October is already jam packed with VR, World of Final Fantasy and other stuff. This is a good thing.

It's pretty amazing that they could have that problem given what was originally intended to be a PS3 game. Makes you think just how extensively the game had to have been recreated in its last twenty years of development.

• Options

We've seen one trailer in the last 12 months, what on earth are you talking about?

• Options

We've seen one trailer in the last 12 months, what on earth are you talking about?

"What we've seen"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The DEAD RISING TRIPLE PACK is released this Tuesday.
    While I never played #1. . . the things I've heard about it, I have no real interest in playing it.
    I loved #2, flaws and all, but I doubt I want to play both #2 and "Off The Record".
    Question is, what improvements/changes were made to "Off The Record"?
    Is it the Gold version of DR2, or just "DR2 for fans of Frank"?

Ooooooh! I can't wait!

It's not really for fans of Frank since he ends up as a big, gross asshole really. The whole selling point really is the Free Mode which is much better than the limited one in DR2.

If I was just getting one, I'd get OTR.

• Options
    edited September 2016

"What we've seen"

SMH. It's almost as if the game isn't finished yet. Based on your logic, Uncharted 4 shouldn't perform well on regular PS4s.

Edit: To clarify, the reason so many people think FFXV will run poorly is because a) The two demos so far have run like ass and b) It's a hugely ambitious game with an enormous open world.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    I believe the last third of the game will be linear.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I don't really see what makes FF15 "hugely ambitious"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »

they think it'll make a profit?

• Options

"What we've seen"

SMH. It's almost as if the game isn't finished yet. Based on your logic, Uncharted 4 shouldn't perform well on regular PS4s.

Edit: To clarify, the reason so many people think FFXV will run poorly is because a) The two demos so far have run like ass and b) It's a hugely ambitious game with an enormous open world.

I'm not stating that TLG will for sure come out unoptimized for regular PS4. I'm just looking forward to experiencing it with the best possible visuals and performance by playing it on the Pro.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    If you're willing to run a SATA cable, you can use whatever hard drive size you want. You can even connect it to a RAID Enclosure of multiple hard drives. People have made 6gb, 15gb, etc. PS4 drives.
    Nyko also sells their own hard drive extension/adapter to use 3.5" hard drives with the PS4 if you don't mind the weird uneven look.

Think you meant TB. I know I'm probably the only one on this earth that still uses a 256MB Flash Drive but I didn't think the rest of the world is still using GB HDD.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

they think it'll make a profit?

I think its hugely ambitious in that the director basically had to completely destroy SE's corporate culture in regards to Final Fantasy in order to get it made.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I have no clue how The Last Guardian could get a fair shake at this point. It could be excellent and still not live up to "we waited ten years for this?"

And that's assuming it's excellent -- it's a little disconcerting how little of it we've seen so far.

Ah well, at least it's something that's not a sequel, so my fingers are crossed it's at least good.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm still ready to play it - I'm super excited. I'd be pretty surprised if it benefits that much from PS4 Pro, just because it's been delayed so long I wouldn't think they'd take much time to really push those additional features. I'd assume the order is "get it out the gd door" at this point. But then again, I was completely underwhelmed by Pro and am not it's intended audience I guess.

I do wish that Ico and Shadow were available on the PS4 - I'd love to replay them in preparation.

• Options

"What we've seen"

I'm not stating that TLG will for sure come out unoptimized for regular PS4. I'm just looking forward to experiencing it with the best possible visuals and performance by playing it on the Pro.

It sure didn't seem like that when you lumped it in with a game that a lot of people have serious doubts over but alright.

I doubt it'll have that many upgrades on the Pro though, hopefully some down sampling at least.

I meant from a tech perspective. They're doing a hell of a lot of things that should make it really hard to optimise (enormous enemies, flying around in your car, etc).

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm still ready to play it - I'm super excited. I'd be pretty surprised if it benefits that much from PS4 Pro, just because it's been delayed so long I wouldn't think they'd take much time to really push those additional features. I'd assume the order is "get it out the gd door" at this point. But then again, I was completely underwhelmed by Pro and am not it's intended audience I guess.

I do wish that Ico and Shadow were available on the PS4 - I'd love to replay them in preparation.

I'd be shocked if they're doing anything Pro-wise to Last Guardian at this point -- if it's missing a decent chunk of the all-important holiday season, there must be something about the fundamentals that needs addressed.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

Off the top of my head:

1. At least three massively open world regions, which barely fit what appears to be a massive world map: http://orig07.deviantart.net/5a57/f/2015/360/b/3/final_fantasy_xv___world_map__important_update__by_nurboyxvi-d9kphg6.png

2. Hunting quests that aren't all simply "Kill X monsters, collect rewards": the ones shown off seem to be highly scripted battles with massive monsters that have their own unique dialogue, gameplay mechanics and situations.

3. Monster behaviors, such as swimming, hunting other monsters, day/night behaviors, etc as well as targetable parts and limbs for extra rewards

4. A vehicle that, while not capable of traversing everywhere, can be upgraded, damaged to the point it requires repairs, a radio station with buyable tracks, and the eventual ability to
    fly around in it

5. Fishing, racing, pinball, and a dozen other mini-games we haven't seen yet

6. A battle system that is a combination of strategy, magic, character combos and KH-style combat.

Having doubts is fine and all, but you can't argue that FFXV isn't the most ambitious game to come out of that company.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Just throwing this out there in case it ever goes on sale dirt cheap again.

I am very, very angry at myself for not supporting The Order at full price when it came out.

I fell victim to the waves of negativity around it, and waited on it until it was $10, and just finished it finally last night. It was fantastic.

It is easily still the best looking PS4 game. The setting is incredibly interesting. The characters are really unique and the whole world feels very alive. There's some pretty awesome weapons and they all look fantastic. The plot suffered from being a little too obvious in places, but does some VERY fun things and it ends on a note that really has me hooked into what happens next.

Yes, it's kinda short, but I don't have 100's of hours for story driven games anymore. Yes, there's not multiple difficulties and that was a bummer. And of course, because it's a 10000% single player experience how DARE they charge $60 upon release.

But seriously - it is absolutely nowhere NEAR as bad as I had been made to think. The outrage over it was insane. It's an awesome game. Pick it up.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, bought The Order at release and did not regret it. Thought it was a cool set up for a new IP, but I don't know if we'll ever get a sequel now. A shame, really. It is a pretty good game, but it just couldn't overcome the internet hive-mind =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    My biggest take-away from the Internet Outrage Machine is that The Order was like, 4-6 hours long. I know value is subjective and all, but for me, considering the average length of other quality games at the same price point, I was content to wait for it to come down in price.

Then I just forgot it exists.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm trying to recall my first playthrough, and I want to say it was ~10 hours to complete. But I explored every level for collectibles. Still, the game was as long as the story needed to be, and I felt it was fine. That's not to say the game length isn't a valid concern, but I am pretty sure that it is more like 6-10 hours for a playthrough.

That was something that was kind of annoying when the game came out. The thread was full of people declaring that the game was garbage, using all the erroneous information that the internet was spewing out. It was a weird split, in that you could tell who had and had not played the game. "This game is garbage, and here's why" were the people who were just going off of what they read somewhere, meanwhile the people who were actually playing it were all saying "Hey, actually this is pretty good!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Full list of the demos found in the PSVR demo disc:
    Allumette (Penrose)
    Battlezone (Rebellion)
    DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
    Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
    Gnog (KO_OP)
    Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
    Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
    Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
    Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
    PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
    Resident Evil VII biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)
    Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
    Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
    Thumper (Drool)
    Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
    Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
    Within (Within)

KITCHEN!!!!!!!

• Options
    Wow that is a lot of demos!makes me feel better about not being able to get many VR games.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I am very, very angry at myself for not supporting The Order at full price when it came out.

I fell victim to the waves of negativity around it, and waited on it until it was $10, and just finished it finally last night. It was fantastic.
    I picked up the Order for either $10 or $20 (I think $20) and really, really enjoyed it. It's absolutely gorgeous - you're right, nothing else touches it on PS4 - and while I'm not one to prioritize visuals over all else, it's simply worth the price of admission, in my opinion, to see some of these scenes. Great art design, a neat (if kind of simple and overdone) premise, decent gameplay that would be mind-numbing at 20+ hours but is fine for a short experience, and a fun game to Platinum. I understand why people would be upset at paying $60 - there's not much meat there, and I think I had Platinumed it in two days - but at a reduced price, it's worth checking out.
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I'd be shocked if they're doing anything Pro-wise to Last Guardian at this point -- if it's missing a decent chunk of the all-important holiday season, there must be something about the fundamentals that needs addressed.
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think TLG will be leveraging any of this Pro stuff at all, and I don't think it'll play any better on Pro. It just doesn't seem like it would be Pro-optimized, given all of its other issues over many years, and given that it just doesn't seem done yet.

Re: the FFXV discussion: I just want to see how this thing reviews. It's been such a long wait, and there's going to be a lot of hype, but there's also a lot of justified skepticism... and I just want to see if it truly is an ambitious game-changer or if it's kind of a gorgeous-looking bore like FFXIII was (although I liked FFXIII much more than most)... or if it's just something in between, which is sort of what I expect and would not be enough to get me to grab it.

PSVR demo disc is wonderful. I think I'm interested in trying almost every single one of those demos. Played Job Simulator at Pax East and fell in love; played Rush of Blood and enjoyed it for ten-ish minutes (it was a long demo) but felt that it was very much a novelty.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ooo, 4.00 update hitting tomorrow.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I got bored of The Order and never finished it. Gorgeous but I found the gameplay pretty boring.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
This discussion has been closed.