Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So apparently the trophy list has been published for the upcoming VR Worlds "game" disc that is included with every Launch Bundle (or for $50 for us "core" purchasers). Guess what? It has a platinum! Although just from reading the descriptions of some of the trophies, it doesn't look like a cakewalk getting it.

https://www.exophase.com/game/playstation-vr-worlds-ps4/trophies/

26904.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Man, I own both the PS4 games for October.

Own REmake on PC, but the console version isn't 60 fps, so I probably won't touch it.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Houn wrote: »
    Please, no, stop "showing" VR. I'm sick of watching people wearing boxes on their faces or seeing 2D video where the camera is jerkily being controlled by their head. It does nothing to sell the product; nothing can do that but letting people put the fucking thing on their own face.

I don't need to see any more news articles or livestreams. Set up demostations that are widely available, Sony, or shut up about it.

Live demos of VR are definitely a no no, just look at what happened at PSX last year. But the trailers that have people wearing the headset and "playing" the game are fine IMO.

I think Sony should just announce a ton of new VR games at PSX. PSVR's launch lineup is fucking insane (20+ games so far) but they need to show that it will continue to be supported with cool looking games moving forward and PSX is a good time to do that.
    Ceno wrote: »
    Please, no, stop "showing" VR. I'm sick of watching people wearing boxes on their faces or seeing 2D video where the camera is jerkily being controlled by their head. It does nothing to sell the product; nothing can do that but letting people put the fucking thing on their own face.

I don't need to see any more news articles or livestreams. Set up demostations that are widely available, Sony, or shut up about it.

AR is the actual mainstream thing that's going to take off. I'm surprised more companies aren't pushing towards that instead.

Unlike VR, AR is probably a decade away from being a commercially viable thing.

Anyways, great PS+ lineup. I've wanted Transformers Devastation for a while but wasn't willing to go near Activision's insane prices for it. I'm glad that ended up working out well for me.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    A decent offering for PS4! I own both of them... still decent, though! Devastation is like, the ultimate awesome Transformers game!.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Oh man, when I saw a Transformers game on the list, I assumed it was the shitty PS4 Transformers game, but now I see the game I was thinking of was Rise of the Dark Spark.

I'll be damned, one game I actually want to play on PS+. That's one more than typical.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Oh man great stuff! Almost bought resident evil a few days ago! Nice!

As for VR, I want to see more game announcements for it rather than seeing games being played. I should have clarified, sorry.

Also bought fifa 14 for a neat two fiddy :D

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Live demos of VR are definitely a no no, just look at what happened at PSX last year. But the trailers that have people wearing the headset and "playing" the game are fine IMO.

I definitely want trailers of people in goofy goggles twisting their bodies around while Atari sound effects play.

Bonus points for a Saturn controller being used.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    ReMake was just offered as a humblebundle for the PS4 and I already own Transformers. Blech on the PS3 games. Great month but a bummer one for me. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Bleh on the PS3 games? If you guys haven't played From Dust, I'd highly recommend it. It's a very cool god game from Eric Chahi (Another World, Heart of Darkness).

Actual Sunlight is a pretty cool little visual novel too. Depressing as hell though.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Oh ya, I totally forgot about From Dust. That game was really neat and fun.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I wanted Transformers for Christmas, so I guess I should thank Sony for an early present.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Bleh on the PS3 games? If you guys haven't played From Dust, I'd highly recommend it. It's a very cool god game from Eric Chahi (Another World, Heart of Darkness).

Actual Sunlight is a pretty cool little visual novel too. Depressing as hell though.

Yeah, do not play Actual Sunlight unless you can chase it with something really bright and upbeat.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Yeah, do not play Actual Sunlight unless you can chase it with something really bright and upbeat.

Like World of Final Fantasy, which just so happens to come out in October! [/cheapplug]

Since I've made a habit of it, here's the current October lineup. I emboldened any PSVR games for anyone picking up a launch headset, though the launch lineup hasn't been confirmed yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's another couple of indie games added:

October 2016
    4 - Aragami (PS4)
    4 - Rocksmith 2014 Edition – Remastered (PS4)
    4 - Shu (PS4)
    4 - Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide (PS4)
    5 - Wheels of Aurelia (PS4)
    7 - Mafia III (PS4)
    7 - WRC 6 (PS4)
    10 - 100ft Robot Golf (PS4/PSVR)
    11 - Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (Vita)
    11 - Dragon Quest Builders (PS4/Vita)
    11 - Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour (PS4)
    11 - Manual Samuel (PS4)
    11 - Reus (PS4)
    11 - Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
    11 - Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Vita)
    11 - WWE 2k17 (PS3/PS4)
    13 - Ace Banana (PSVR)
    13 - Batman Arkham VR (PSVR)
    13 - Battlezone VR (PSVR)
    13 - DriveClub VR (PSVR)
    13 - EVE: Valkyrie (PSVR)
    13 - Harmonix Music VR (PSVR)
    13 - Headmaster (PSVR)
    13 - Here They Lie (PSVR)
    13 - Hustle Kings VR (PSVR)
    13 - Job Simulator (PSVR)
    13 - Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (PSVR)
    13 - Kismet (PSVR)
    13 - Loading Human: Chapter 1 (PSVR)
    13 - The Playroom VR (PSVR)
    13 - PlayStation VR Worlds (PSVR)
    13 - Rez Infinite (PS4/PSVR)
    13 - RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (PSVR)
    13 - Rollercoaster Dreams (PS4/PSVR)
    13 - Super Stardust Ultra VR (PSVR)
    13 - SUPERHYPERCUBE (PSVR)
    13 - Tethered (PSVR)
    13 - Thumper (PS4/PSVR)
    13 - Tumble VR (PSVR)
    13 - Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR)
    13 - Wayward Sky (PSVR)
    13 - World War Toons beta (PSVR)
    14 - Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live (PSVR)

16 - Skylanders Imaginators (PS3/PS4)
    18 - Batman: Return to Arkham (PS4)
    18 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (PS4/Vita)
    18 - Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
    20 - Pixel Gear (PSVR)
    21 - Battlefield 1 (PS4)
    21 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4)
    25 - Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)
    25 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4)
    25 - Farming Simulator 17 (PS4)
    25 - Just Dance 2017 (PS3/PS4)
    25 - Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence – Ascension (PS4)
    25 - World of Final Fantasy (PS4/Vita)
    25 - Yomawari: Night Alone (Vita)
    27 - Weeping Doll (PSVR)
    28 - Carnival Games VR (PSVR)

28 - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (PS4)
    28 - Titanfall 2 (PS4)

I did try to figure out which PSVR games are VR exclusive (just PSVR) and which ones are playable without the headset (PS4/PSVR) but I probably missed a couple.

It's also worth mentioning that while there's no release dates yet, Bound will get PSVR patch, Volume will get a free PSVR expansion and Star Wars Battlefront has its PSVR X-Wing mission coming. I'd assume they'll all hit around launch but who knows. Oh and Rise of the Tomb Raider has its PSVR Croft Mansion mode.

• Options
    JESUS CHRIST THERE ARE 16 GAMES IN OCTOBER I'M WANTING.

Well, Pro order cancelled. Use that money on games instead.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pretty stoked for PSVR. Two weeks!

I didn't even know we were getting that Hatsune Miku VR game, let alone it being a VR launch title

• Options
    I don't like Darkest Dungeon, like, at all

Kinda wish PSN had a thing like Steam refunds because it definitely took me less than two hours to realize this isn't for me

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I just had a pretty good time with that Dragon Quest Builders demo. Might have to keep an eye out for a sale on that one. It was surprisingly fun.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    In other news, the Dead Or Alive Xtreme : Fortune patch that would add VR functionality has been delayed and will not appear October 13th...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    In other news, the Dead Or Alive Xtreme : Fortune patch that would add VR functionality has been delayed and will not appear October 13th...

I mean, it wouldn't do any good until then anyways

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular

I mean, it wouldn't do any good until then anyways

No, but it would be useful on the 13th, for those who have the game and have bought PS VR.
    Not sure if that number is grater than zero.

• Options
    I own it and have PSVR paid off so

Yes, greater than zero

• Options
    Oh, just saw that it wouldn't appear October 13th, thought it said not until

I would have edited this into my post but edit doesn't seem to be working on mobile for me?

• Options
    What is that? Last Round? That's all I could find in the UK store

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    sooooooo excited for skylanders

I may even take the day off

• Options
    How are the controls for Darkest Dungeon? I was gifted the Steam version a while ago, but I barely put any time into it in the hopes it would eventually get patched with controller support. Have the devs said anything about doing that, or will you have to stick to PS4/Vita if you want to go that route?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    How are the controls for Darkest Dungeon? I was gifted the Steam version a while ago, but I barely put any time into it in the hopes it would eventually get patched with controller support. Have the devs said anything about doing that, or will you have to stick to PS4/Vita if you want to go that route?

There's a lot of clunky press two or three buttons at once things. But there's no reflex responses needed.

I doubt they would add them to the PC version

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I just had a pretty good time with that Dragon Quest Builders demo. Might have to keep an eye out for a sale on that one. It was surprisingly fun.

I like it too, the price seems a tad high but apparently there's actually a TON of content in it, like the main story alone is 50+ hours. If they had included multi, even just local multi, that would be a guaranteed day one purchase but as it is, I'm still debating

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    PSN+ would have been such an even better deal had the PS4 been backwards compatible.

• Options
    Yeah, XBone does it so much better. I kinda wish Sony would admit defeat there and do what Microsoft is doing. Maybe they're selling enough PSNow subs and rentals that they don't care, though?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Yeah, XBone does it so much better. I kinda wish Sony would admit defeat there and do what Microsoft is doing. Maybe they're selling enough PSNow subs and rentals that they don't care, though?

I think it's more that they're selling enough PS4s and PS4 games that they don't care.

• Options
    Ha! Duh... yeah, that too.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I keep alternating between being annoyed I didn't immediately jump on PSVR and being a.okay with not dropping that money up front. I do know that if they had any units available right this moment I would get one though : |

Real glad there are a lot of titles in October, looking forward to seeing how it does.

PSN-wise, yay Transformers! I picked up Child of Light on sale as well and it's pretty fun and easy going (though wish it had a plat because I'm a monster who cares about that)

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    PSN+ would have been such an even better deal had the PS4 been backwards compatible.
    Or like, at the very least how it worked for a short period of the PSNow beta: if you own a game (digitally) it was free to play on PSNow, with no need to have a subscription or purchase play time. Maybe even lock it to PS Plus subscribers or something.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    What is that? Last Round? That's all I could find in the UK store
    No, it's Dead Or Alive Xtreme (Volleyball) 3 : Fortune which has only been released in Japan/Honk Kong.
    The Honk Kong version has the option to have an English UI; I have the Japanese one where I sometimes have no clue what I am supposed to be doing, but I played DOAX1 and DOAX2 in a previous life :redface:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I keep alternating between being annoyed I didn't immediately jump on PSVR and being a.okay with not dropping that money up front. I do know that if they had any units available right this moment I would get one though : |

Real glad there are a lot of titles in October, looking forward to seeing how it does.

PSN-wise, yay Transformers! I picked up Child of Light on sale as well and it's pretty fun and easy going (though wish it had a plat because I'm a monster who cares about that)

I would highly recommend waiting for the next hardware revision. We all know that v2 of every one of these headsets is going to fix all the problems users discover in these first few months.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Not to get too far off track (although this is the PSN thread and PSVR is undoubtedly going to completely take over here in two weeks), but if you're waiting for the next round of VR headsets, you'll likely be waiting until 2018. There might be tiny incremental changes in the meantime, but those will be invisible to the end-user. Kind of like the small improvements in the PS4 (using this sourced chip instead of that source, moving five resistors to a slightly different place on the mainboard for better cooling, shortening 3 traces by 6mm to lower power consumption, that sort of thing) have been invisible to users/buyers of the system.

26904.png
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Or like, at the very least how it worked for a short period of the PSNow beta: if you own a game (digitally) it was free to play on PSNow, with no need to have a subscription or purchase play time. Maybe even lock it to PS Plus subscribers or something.

That was the first thing I was hoping for when the service was announced.

That and that any PS2 game I own on PS3 will be free on PS4 should it also be posted there.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yeah, the whole point (in my mind) of digital goods, should be that they're good anywhere, and it blows my mind that Sony isn't capitalizing on that as a way to get me in the door and trying out PSNow.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Not to get too far off track (although this is the PSN thread and PSVR is undoubtedly going to completely take over here in two weeks), but if you're waiting for the next round of VR headsets, you'll likely be waiting until 2018. There might be tiny incremental changes in the meantime, but those will be invisible to the end-user. Kind of like the small improvements in the PS4 (using this sourced chip instead of that source, moving five resistors to a slightly different place on the mainboard for better cooling, shortening 3 traces by 6mm to lower power consumption, that sort of thing) have been invisible to users/buyers of the system.

I'm highly susceptible to the nausea that VR can induce so if using first adopters as guinea pigs to refine the process takes a few years, that's fine with me. I do think it's probably not something I'll ever be able to tolerate though, which is frankly a little depressing, but what can you do.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

I'm highly susceptible to the nausea that VR can induce so if using first adopters as guinea pigs to refine the process takes a few years, that's fine with me. I do think it's probably not something I'll ever be able to tolerate though, which is frankly a little depressing, but what can you do.

You might want to do your own research, but it's my understanding that if you only have one eye, the nausea doesn't come up as an issue. Obviously, you'd want to do tests to make sure you don't poke out the eye with better vision, but that should be a workable solution for you.

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.