As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: New hero, Ana, out now

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    I would love cross over theme skins from blizzards other franchises

I couldn't care less about Warcraft at this point but I would love to see some StarCraft skins, and stuff from their less well-known IP

Kyle Blackthorne Reaper being the oft-repeated example

also a D3 Barbarian Reinhardt makes sense

oh also Nova Widowmaker

I'm kinda legit surprised we don't have crossover skins already

I think they're covering all the crossover stuff in Heroes of the Storm. I'd actually be kind of surprised to see anything like that in Overwatch itself.

• Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, it feels like they want Overwatch to be its own strong IP, rather than a clearinghouse for their other IP (like HotS is)

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The arcade machines and movie posters provide plenty of amusing crossover references for the moment.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    so like, blizzard did a Bad Jorb on torb, right?

character wise that is

like is it on me or is it in fact on blizzard that i find myself lumping him in with reaper and widow, that whenever he goes 'omnic rights, pah' i mentally hear him appending that with 'what about men's rights?'

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    dear hackers, please make a mod that changes torb's line 'i worked hard on that' when his turret gets blown up so he instead exclaims 'feminazi stole my ice cream'

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ummm... no?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Didn't an omni rip his arm off?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    actually mondatta's assassination was a good thing and widowmaker is a hero

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The dude lost his arm in a war against omnics, that's why he hates them.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    plenty of characters have rad as fuck robo limbs and you don't hear them complaining

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »

that makes tracer.....the bad guy?

• Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    necroSYS wrote: »

that makes tracer.....the bad guy?

Considering how she's always killing the medics, I vote yes.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Is omnic discrimination offensive to some people, or is it actually super cool?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Is omnic discrimination offensive to some people, or is it actually super cool?

It hits too close to actual racism that exists for most of us to be comfortable with.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Didnt omnics also use torbs machines to kill people? Or was that just that one humam dude in that one story?

Anyway he's not a sexist analog he's a grandpa who lived through war and is now racist analog, if he would say anything it'd be human rights but I don't think he sees human rights being eroded by equal rights he just doesn't think omnics are people

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yes, Torb, Zarya, Junkrat, and Roadhog were all firsthand witnesses of the shit that went down during or as a result of the omnic crisis, which is where their hate and distrust come from. Zarya was a child when her hometown became a battleground, whereas Torb was worried about the possibility of a crisis to begin with, when people started adding AI to his machines.

Still racism (I mean, Torb and Junkrat are fully on the side of what goes down in King's Row), but there's some amount of reason to it, even if ultimately they're blinded by it.

• Options
    whole lotta excusing robobigotry itt, w o w

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Is saying he's probably not a robo red-piller the same as defending the cartoon dwarfs hatred of omnics

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Whatever the reasoning behind it, they should still remove Torb's King's Row line. It's just obnoxious.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Actually your the real roboracism for making these acusations buddy

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Whatever the reasoning behind it, they should still remove Torb's King's Row line. It's just obnoxious.

This I totally agree with, there are plenty of ways to reflect that part of torbs character without that line

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'm not at all saying that racism, Robo or otherwise, is justifiable.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Knocking that Roadhog off the edge with Lucio just now felt so good.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or did McCree get fuckin' ridiculous?

He's killin' anything that's not a tank in 2-3 hits.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

it's going to be real obnoxious when people insist on arguing about this

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    RT800 wrote: »

He's always done that, now he's just doing it at longer ranges.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Real interesting that there's a couple of hundred foot tall robots stomping the shit out of Russia on Volskaya but there's no lines from Zenyatta condemning the attacks...

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016

Wasn't that always his normal damage? Enough to kill a 200 hp char in a few shots?

Edit: OH they reduced his falloff, so you're gettin the full 70 damage at longer range with range similar to soldier's.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Real interesting that there's a couple of hundred foot tall robots stomping the shit out of Russia on Volskaya but there's no lines from Zenyatta condemning the attacks...

#notallkillbots

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Wasn't that always his normal damage? Enough to kill a 200 hp char in a few shots?

Edit: OH they reduced his falloff, so you're gettin the full 70 damage at longer range with range similar to soldier's.

He's basically soldier without the self-heal (but with the stun (and a terribad burst)

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    he is experiencing the tranquility of a world without humans

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Isn't that robot a volskaya project that they're intentionally working on? I don't recall any lines about it being a threat or worry.

I think Dva has a line where she thinks the big robot is impressive, but also that big robots aren't always better.

Which makes sense, considering that she uses her mini mecha to fight a Kaiju robot.

Enlong on
  • Options
    he is experiencing the tranquility of a world without humans

yeah, it's kind of creepy how empty the Overwatch world is.....especially Volskaya and Numbani, like it's already post-robot-apocalypse

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • Options
    I mean.

I don't really expect to see NPCs milling about during a match. I figure the other media paint a more accurate picture of population.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So does Ana really have no ability to actually get to high places
    You know
    For sniping

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You know
    For sniping

Correct, she also can't headshot so you must snipe from among your people and earn that kill with more than one hit

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh well I can't headshot anyway so that's not such a handicap

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Isn't that robot a volskaya project that they're intentionally working on? I don't recall any lines about it being a threat or worry.

I think Dva has a line where she thinks the big robot is impressive, but also that big robots aren't always better.

Which makes sense, considering that she uses her mini mecha to fight a Kaiju robot.

no russia is literally at war with omnics right now in the game's plot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You know
    For sniping

Correct, she also can't headshot so you must snipe from among your people and earn that kill with more than one hit

mei can also help out with this

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.