As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    temmie got money for cool leg
    (she got comissioned to animate something for square enix)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Adorbl

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    A "jesus christ fuck Dirk" thing that keeps popping into my head:
    The one sorta good thing that he does in Meat is get Dave and Karkat together, and we see in Candy that he didn't even need to invade Dave's mind for that, because if he'd just acted like a person Dave would've eventually asked Dirk for his advice on that. And just to top it all off, Dirk doesn't actually take advantage of that opportunity in Candy because he's too busy offing himself so he can go be an omniscient megalomaniacal jackass in another timeline.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Book length : 640

Holy hell. That’s so very many words.

Kind of want it though.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Why would I want to re-read a couple of books that basically detailed how a bunch of teenagers grew old, never actually growing up, and instead of using their powers to like....do godly things....they instead basically spent their years doing nothing but maintain status quo and essentially let the world burn?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Because that’s just Homestuck?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    damning

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Friendsim 2! Now with OG characters.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So people have been drawing John as a trans girl... for a while honestly but it was picking up again and then Hussie hid Toblerone's in a cave cause that's what he does and well

so now there is tons of fan art

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i like that homestuck meme.

• Options
    I'm sorry what's this about toblerones

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They’re the official currency of eccentric online personalities.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Hussie did a Hussie thing and hid an autographed box of toblerones somewhere, with only a photo of them in their hiding spot as a clue

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Christ is that actually how long the epilogues were? Fucking hell.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Hussie did a Hussie thing and hid an autographed box of toblerones somewhere, with only a photo of them in their hiding spot as a clue

I feel somewhat ashamed to have entirely missed this, especially since I live in SF.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ASimPerson wrote: »

I feel somewhat ashamed to have entirely missed this, especially since I live in SF.

What would you have made canon if you had discovered the Toblerones of Canonicity?

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    so a homestuck song is in smash bros now

• Options
    On the back of a sans costume pack.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i feel like the even better part is, a song from an edgy earthbound romhack is in smash now

what a journey

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    i feel like the even better part is, a song from an edgy earthbound romhack is in smash now

what a journey

It's a shame you can't use it on earthbound stages

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm good thank you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Huh

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I never want to leave Mr. Hussie's Wild Ride

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    TBH, I thought that ending the suggestion box worked fine for the story when it was first done. Remember, that’s when John’s house got meteor’d. If the story went off the rails, it was considerably later than that.

I wonder if meat/candy is required reading for this. I never got to that.

Enlong on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    homestuck 2

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Shoulda called it Home2tuck.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    TBH, I thought that ending the suggestion box worked fine for the story when it was first done. Remember, that’s when John’s house got meteor’d. If the story went off the rails, it was considerably later than that.

I wonder if meat/candy is required reading for this. I never got to that.

Their FAQ recommends reading at least the SparkNotes for the epilogue.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    2 Home 2 Stuckious

Man I should read the last two chapters of HomeStuck

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    homestuck 2

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    ah, fuck

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Started looking at it. Got through a huge paragraph of bright orange text. Realized whatever charm the original story had that got me to endure the often deliberately obnoxious presentation style wore off long ago. Closed the window.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Aw shit, here we go again

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    After reading the summaries, my takeaway on the epilogues other than a headache is:

meat is hypercanon fanfic, the story continued as projected by canon, everything is neat, ordered, and satisfactory BUT it’s under a singular totalitarian vision that while everyone acts in-character, can feel an unsettling undertone and might be pushed by the narrative to act in a way that they may not have wanted to.

candy is decentralized fanfic, the story is chaotic as people act out of character, strange situations happen, OC’s get added in the mix, the characters become unable to tell what canon is anymore as they try to parse all the different concurrent narratives, but everyone retains a sort of agency and there are no consequences.

By the end of it, Dirk accepts himself as a fascist villain and eventually departs and I don’t quite understand what the dead Calliope’s objective is? What are they fighting for?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I never want to leave Mr. Hussie's Wild Ride
    It doesn't even never end. It ended twice and both times we just kept waiting in the car for the next go.

• Options
    I’m still of the opinion that that last animation was a good way to end it. Stuff was left unanswered, sure, but we got enough to know where it was going, and a confirmation that the last battle ends in favor of our heroes.

I think that may be why I didn’t do much with the Instagram epilogue and didn’t read meat/candy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah my eyes glazed over at the first wall of text, I clicked forward a few times and saw a few more pages of that, I'm good I think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    On the subject of walls of yellow text: on the last page the text fades to black text and he says that while there’s still gonna be narration and dialogue, the next bit is gonna be a bit of a return to the lighter-on-text, actions-based style of early Homestuck.
    and then the action suggestion box is re-introduced

That said, while I get that it’s using walls of bad-colored text to emphasize the choice to move away from that very thing, the same people who would like that switch are gonna be turned away by the fake-out pages.

Enlong on