As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Has anybody played the new Friendsim? I am mostly just hearing talk about the trans man character.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Has anybody played the new Friendsim? I am mostly just hearing talk about the trans man character.

Kinda disappointed with it. After how good the last few Friendsims were I was expecting something spectacular for the final one, but while the Twins' route was fun enough, Lanque's route felt like one giant subtweet.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I am having the most on-brand shipping experience possible for the SBaHJ book.

A brief history:
    November 20: receive shipping notification
    December 6: receive e-mail apologizing for shipping delays, finally shows up on DHL's tracker
    December 10: actually starts moving
    December 13: DHL says they're dropped it off with the USPS in Union City, CA. Normally, this means I should've gotten it Friday or maybe Saturday
    Today: USPS says they still haven't received it
    Also today: I skip town to go to my parents' for the holidays

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    My Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff book finally arrived today and it is atrocious. I haven’t read the exciting narrative yet but the first thing I noticed is that the book isn’t a rectangle; it’s wider on the top than the bottom. Excellent.

Apparently the editing process for that thing was arduous, because there was no way to easily tell the editor when mistakes were intentional.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

A brief history:
    December 6: receive e-mail apologizing for shipping delays, finally shows up on DHL's tracker
    December 13: DHL says they're dropped it off with the USPS in Union City, CA. Normally, this means I should've gotten it Friday or maybe Saturday

When I got my book from the first book’s Kickstarter the binding was torn.

I emailed them to ask if it was intentional because I genuinely could not tell, and half-expected that the book arrived banged up on purpose.

I got a new one in good condition in the mail a few weeks later.

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    My Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff book finally arrived today and it is atrocious. I haven’t read the exciting narrative yet but the first thing I noticed is that the book isn’t a rectangle; it’s wider on the top than the bottom. Excellent.

Apparently the editing process for that thing was arduous, because there was no way to easily tell the editor when mistakes were intentional.

“Yes, we really do want a couple hundred blank pages with a spoon shaped cutout that contains an actual spoon.”

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

A brief history:

I emailed them to ask if it was intentional because I genuinely could not tell, and half-expected that the book arrived banged up on purpose.

Mine had a bent corner, which iirc was intentional.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

A brief history:

Mine had a bent corner, which iirc was intentional.

I mean I even emphasized that if it was on purpose I was cool with it. But apparently this one had a little more damage than normal.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    https://skaianet.tumblr.com/

There's a bunch of stuff happening. I figure it oughta go in this thread instead of the webcomic thread.

Also there is a nsfw sbahj comic out there that I have read but will not post.

xu08r83mfw721.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hadn't realized I'd missed the nonsense Homestuck alt-histories.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The alt histories are really...not great.

I don't know if this is just a lead up to Hiveswap Act 2, or something more noteworthy, but those get real creepy in places.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »

I don't know if this is just a lead up to Hiveswap Act 2, or something more noteworthy, but those get real creepy in places.

spoilers for that stuff
    "Grandpa Harley is in part responsible for the holocaust" was NEVER A SENTENCE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRUE

• Options
    They're so bad that they got removed from the actual ARG or whatever the hell this is going to be.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Right now this really feels like something I should sort of wait-and-see how it shakes out before figuring out how any of it fits into anything.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

spoilers for that stuff
    "Grandpa Harley is in part responsible for the holocaust" was NEVER A SENTENCE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRUE

In the future, are we going to call this "Pulling a Rowling?"

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Nah. I guess the Epilogue stuff might count as pulling a Rowling? But it's still sorta canon so I wouldn't count it.

• Options
    A Rowling is just verbal appendices after the fact. Normally to gain political brownie points.

I don't even know what the fuck to call the snapchat stuff. It was additional content, but never formally archived or even finished for that matter. Uhhhh Homestuck apocrypha?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Did it ever get past the stage where the chessmen were planning to drop a moon somewhere?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    It ended with Jane becoming evil(?) and controlling Spades Slick with a tiara top

The snapchats were perfect as a way to give little slice of life stuff. The Halloween update is great! It's when it tired to tell a larger story with minimal text that it fucked up.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Jake (32) has long since lost any control or jurisdiction over Hitler, or any interest in controlling him for that matter. He's practically abandoned his post at Skaianet in terms of managing assets, and though remains figurehead of company, he's out exploring and adventuring, completely oblivious to whatever's going on in Europe. He hops from site to site, looking for Sburbian ruins to plunder. While on one such expedition in Kansas, he has an illegitimate daughter named Ann Harley. He takes custody of her, apprentices her as an adventurer, and takes her all over the place on his adventures. He brings her to Hawaii as he explores the Pacific, to look for a fabled island he's discovered some lore about. But as a teen, she finally ditches him there, and changes her name to Ann Dunham (her mother's name), because she's sick of her douchebag dad. Years later, she gives birth to Barack Obama.

BOY

THIS SURE IS A THING

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    2008 - Obama

Obama is elected president. However, Obama wasn't born in this timeline. He was a direct descendant of Jake in the previous timeline, so he could not have been born in this one. After the end of the pre-scratch world in 2009, he fled after less than one year in office, and in some way made it to this universe, to run for president and serve again for a full 8 year term. Unfortunately, since he was not born in this timeline, this resulted in some issues with the authenticity of his birth certificate. Meanwhile, Fieri gets political. He fans the flames of populism. Now several 100,000 Fieri clones all over the world, embedded in positions of cultural influence. ICP continues to amass power and influence, by stirring the religious passions of the juggalos.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the year is 2019 Of Our Lord and I'm Thinkin' About Homestuck

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    This is all of Andrew Hussie's absolute worst instincts as a writer and I hate it

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Please direct all complaints to Viz Media LLC

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    this (ARG?) stuff reads like a writer's internal notes to me and it's weird that they decided to post it in that format. Like I've written stuff that scans similarly, because it's just internal documentation and sometimes you throw a little joke in there for yourself, but mostly it's very matter of fact and/or dismissive? Why you would ever release that stuff, though?

also boy is it fucking bad on a level i was somehow not expecting

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Geth, kick @“blueblue” from the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @BlueBlue banned from this thread.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    In my opinion none of this is canon so I'm going to not read it and go about my merry way.

• Options
    What if it turns out NONE of Homestuck is canon?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    What if it turns out NONE of Homestuck is canon?

Except all fantrolls

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that stuff sounds like bad homestuck fanfiction
    I want to think hussie's not involved in this until he actually acknowledges it, I don't think he controls the homestuck brand or website anymore since he sold to Viz?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Way too many fictional characters who aren't literally Nazis have been responsible for the holocaust in some way.

• Options
    that stuff sounds like bad homestuck fanfiction
    I want to think hussie's not involved in this until he actually acknowledges it, I don't think he controls the homestuck brand or website anymore since he sold to Viz?

it sounds like the kind of bad homestuck fanfiction that Andrew Hussie actually wrote as part of the comic tho, so I can entirely believe he's involved

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    but as like a parody of bad fanfiction

maybe that's what this is, and isn't just enormously stupid

look help me grasp these straws they're real slippery

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I think that blurb from the book that admits we didn’t want to know this alt history sums everything up.

I have no doubt Hussie wrote it or at least the outline of it at that time, but I have no clue why he or Viz would think we need this now. Unless Viz is just desperately trying to figure out a way to monetize their purchase of a thing that was already done.

• Options
    Remember the webcomic where Mandy from the cartoon about the Grim Reaper did 9/11?