Options

Guardians of the [Fragged Empire PbP]

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'll stick with the normal pistols

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae when you're about can you help me get a readable format for character sheets going?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm not able to get in via that link, says "not authorized"

Do you need to invite us?

If so, here's my profile link.
    https://app.roll20.net/users/1592775/austinp0027

• Options
    What about this? https://app.roll20.net/join/1524700/vjDHnA

It says you should just be able to use the invite link.

• Options
    Yep, I'm in!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae when you're about can you help me get a readable format for character sheets going?

Sure! I'm at the in-laws' today (and all weekend), but sometime after lunch I should be splitting off to take the baby home for a nap. If he cooperates, I'll have a couple of hours this afternoon to noodle around.

• Options
    Awesome, format wise I think it'd probably be useful to flip the character sheet upside down. With combat related stuff (that's likely to change more often) at the top and things like skills and traits at the bottom.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Beytan Sek

"You wish to know my story? It is a simple one. Fortunate. I am not free with words.

My purpose is, no, was, to infiltrate. Observe. Assist. Destroy. Save. Kill. To turn local forces to my superior's agenda. To eliminate competition. To sabotage. Arrange. Remove.

A band of pirates, mercenaries, outcasts and criminals. The lost and unloved. It was my mission to evaluate them, to recognise and elevate a suitable and pliant leader. To remove the self-determination and create a weapon, moulded upon my own nature, for my creators. I had done this before, it was intended that I do this again. To complete this mission would be to satisfy the genetic and psychological urges I had been implanted with. Make me feel strong and satisfied.

Their leader was a man I respected. His name was Beytan Sek. I had never thought I might regret killing him, but I did. Afterwards I stood with the blood on my hands and saw the horrified faces of his family. They were defenceless. It would have been easily done. I had seen faces such as this before, and been un-moved. But I had never felt such pain, as like a lightning bolt. Their loss, their fear, their distress. I felt it all. I was not strong. I was not satisfied. I fled. Fled until I had left all the voices behind. Fled until I collapsed, exhausted, alone.

In the wild, in the ruins of ancient civilization, I purged myself. Every instinct told me to return, to complete my mission. To experience that sweet ache of fulfilled servitude. To quench my lust, my addiction. I denied it. I fought it. Their feelings, stronger than my own, overwhelmed it, became mine, destroyed it. I arose again, upon shattered concrete wrapped in mindless choking vine, to the torrent of chemical rain that seared my skin. I screamed my freedom as lightning cracked the sky, and took the name of the dead to live again. I felt a new strength, a defiant strength. A need to understand what I have become, to explore what my mind is capable of.

I am Beytan Sek. I am free. I will learn what it is to be who I am."

Race: Nephilim (Emissary)

STR: 2
    REF: 4
    MOV: 2
    FOC: 4
    INT: 4
    PER: 2

Resources: 3

Influence: 3

Spare Time Points: 3

Primary Skills:
    Resolve
    Psychology
    Medicine
    Survival
    Physical
    Awareness

Personal Combat:
    Tactical (Stealth)
    Exotic (Implant)

Vehicle System Skills
    Operations
    Engineering

Trait: Weapon Implant (still need to make this)

Mostly selected the stats in line with roleplaying reasons that any kind of mechanical optimisation and same with the skills, though a more cohesive set up might be worth while. Intention is to take psion as the next trait, I just thought that Implant Weapon suited more now as suggested by AB, and also that as a totally untrained and inexperienced Psion, it could be bought later to represent gaining some sort of understanding of his abilities.

Also somebody help me make my implant weapon! Ideas? I reckon some sort of shard rifle of some sort, like, the wrist and hand sort of mechanically fold back along the forearm which becomes the barrel and then it fires with a sizzling bio-electric surge and crackle of static.

Solar on
  • Options
    Feeling real RP inadequate right about now

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Make your hands fire beeeeeeees.

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Feeling real RP inadequate right about now

I wouldn't worry. Palantor are probably the most complex race in terms of where they fit in. Plus you have me as a filter for the fantastic writing in the PA.

• Options
    No, I mean my personal rp contribution. Gotta step my game up.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    And here I am sitting on a pre baked adventure for the groups first outing :biggrin:

• Options
    Baby has declined his PM nap. We shall hopefully re-engage this evening, post-bedtime.

• Options
    That's fine, I might be asleep at that point though. I'm shattered.

• Options
    OK, now what do we need to do

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I think todays being kind a day off. I spent far too much time on final fantasy rather than finishing everything up prep wise. If your characters 100% done then I think for now you're ready.

• Options
    I'll tweak my spare time a bit, but nothing major.

• Options
    Here's my first stab at a combat-centric character sheet. Please let me know what you think - I'm giving everyone here comment permissions, but if you want to fill one out, you should create a copy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kVjdDMj1hZVMV81eG-qY3cTE8ciGoc06jqISwo8bs0/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know what issues you see!

• Options
    Looks awesome. Only thing I can see missing is resource/influence, levels and a spot to note stuff like spare time points and research. Also attributes need trait boxes too.

• Options
    Also @solar for weird integrated weapon. Tiny combat bow with snare ammo.

• Options
    Let me know when the sheet is in a state where you think it's more final and I'll grab a copy and fill it out.

It looks great!

• Options
    Another day without dramatic progress.

As a distraction please check out this channel of a guy whose made a bunch of rad ass Fragged Empire music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-ygYrkMHk

• Options
    This is what Ithink of when think of Fragged Empire

https://youtu.be/Lg1ElmVQ2pw

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Mass Effect Music.

Not Suicide Mission.

EMPs explode. All robot PC's die.

Weird how that happens.
    Man, how cool would a Mass Effect based on recovering from a post Reaper galaxy as the just barely sentient races be? Going out into the galaxy and finding remnants of Turians and Asari

• Options
    Didn't someone in Critical Failures do a Mass Effect game?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    How's everyones characters coming along? I think we're waiting on Solar's and Damoons?

• Options
    Oh we using the spreadsheet?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yeah I hadn't filled I out yet. Is it done and good to go?

If so, I'll fill out my sheet copy tonight

• Options
    I still have a few tweaks to make to the spreadsheet; my evenings have been taken up with sick kids for a couple days, so no real free time to edit it.

• Options
    If you have an idea of the tweaks you want, I can take a stab at doing them as well

• Options
    If you have an idea of the tweaks you want, I can take a stab at doing them as well

Actually, hah - I thought AB had more comments than they did.

I think I've added everything AB requested; anyone else have any change requests?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kVjdDMj1hZVMV81eG-qY3cTE8ciGoc06jqISwo8bs0/edit?usp=sharing

• Options
    None from me

• Options
    No that looks pretty much perfect. Ideal situation is everyone bangs out one of those and we can copy them all into one google doc folder for me to put in the OP and everyone to be working off. I'll spend tommorow getting player icons and the first adventure rolling. It starts off with non-combat for a little bit anyway so if you're not 100% on your gear it shouldn't matter.

• Options
    Here's Murphy's icon.

He doesn't understand why people don't look him in the eye.
    MjcxNzYzMg.jpeg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Couple questions in the spreadsheet.

Under weapon, to hit has an ability modifier, where is that listed to know which attribute lines up to a weapon?

Also, should range include K and L 22 instead of J and K

E: one more, my trait is natural +2 hit, do I just add that into the other column for each weapon?

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    @AustinP0027

For abilities related to weapons, it's in the weapon description. Like, taccomps use ... Int? ... To hit.

I'll check on the range calc - very possible I missed that one when I changed the range calc.

For the trait, yes, just add 2 in the Other column for each weapon. You can add in the notes section a reminder.

• Options
    Okay - fixed the Range issue, and added some more IFERRORs to various spots.

Should be ready for rocks and rolls.

• Options
    Made a couple more changes; made some math fixes, etc. Also put together an example (Gideon).

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh right need to do spreadsheet! Will get sorted today, sorry didn't realise it was outstanding

Basically will be just transcribing across