As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 6.0]Old Thread, Go to New Thread!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i hope sombra fully embraces the awful hacker aesthetic and is covered with more skulls than watchdogs man

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I find it hard to think that if Sombra's part of Team Edgy with Reaper that she's going to be the obnoxious l33t hacker archetype.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Sombra is actually Baldrich von Alder, who was thought to be dead but is actually alive
    Truly the most unique backstory in Overwatch

pff1u4c293ss.png

(I want to see this made into a comic)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no Well Played or Good Game voice emote in the game now that I think about it.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no Well Played or Good Game voice emote in the game now that I think about it.

D.Va has a GG voice line.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sombra is actually Baldrich von Alder, who was thought to be dead but is actually alive
    Truly the most unique backstory in Overwatch

pff1u4c293ss.png

(I want to see this made into a comic)

Sombra is actually Gerard Lecroix

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Had a weird situation where both I and an enemy Genji were having a little slapfight while standing on 250 hp health kit. Even though I was directly on it and he was almost off the edge, when it respawned he got it.

It makes me wonder if there's a weird edge case where it prioritises players based on team or who joined the game first maybe when seeing who gets the kit spawns.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Had a weird situation where both I and an enemy Genji were having a little slapfight while standing on 250 hp health kit. Even though I was directly on it and he was almost off the edge, when it respawned he got it.

It makes me wonder if there's a weird edge case where it prioritises players based on team or who joined the game first maybe when seeing who gets the kit spawns.

Yeah... that's probably not something Blizzard actually controlled for in code. From the game's perspective, it doesn't know who arrived first, so...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Was on such a roll with zenyatta that the matches was becoming a desperate struggle to stay alive as the entire enemy team was gunning for me.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Had two separate occasions tonight where we lost on attack despite being on the point. Did they give Overtime a finite limit at some point?

The second time I was 76, and had enough time to run onto the point, drop a biotic field that was completely on the point, and continue on to the middle.

Defeat!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's been weird like that lately with me too. Like I'm riding the payload and we lose due to nobody being on the payload.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Had two separate occasions tonight where we lost on attack despite being on the point. Did they give Overtime a finite limit at some point?

The second time I was 76, and had enough time to run onto the point, drop a biotic field that was completely on the point, and continue on to the middle.

Defeat!

Overtime will tick down faster over time now.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You've got to take the time to stop and appreciate the little things in life. Like two, then three, then five Bastions a-Boxing.

https://youtu.be/pnwpdiQdKPo

@The Escape Goat @Kana @ICUb @WhiteShark

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Also we had a completely loony hold for about 6 minutes right at the end of Hollywood

I think it mostly worked cuz we entirely gave up on aiming and just went double junkrat and filled the approach with never-ending explosions

And nermals smashing faces and Howl with a clutch revive

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is Battle.net down for everyone else?a

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I guess I don't understand the fascination with Sombra. We know next to nothing about her, other than some vague references. Obviously she's going to be a character at some point, based on hints from Blizzard.

But like, why all this hype? What if she's shit character made of shit wearing a shit suit. What if she's the Magikarp of Overwatch and she only has one move and that move is Splash.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Some people enjoy ARGs.

Personally I dislike them because they're often not solvable until the actual day of "release" or whatever, which makes the entire thing lame.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What if she's shit character made of shit wearing a shit suit.

Then Sombra's emotes are going to be very interesting.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I guess I don't understand the fascination with Sombra. We know next to nothing about her, other than some vague references. Obviously she's going to be a character at some point, based on hints from Blizzard.

But like, why all this hype? What if she's shit character made of shit wearing a shit suit. What if she's the Magikarp of Overwatch and she only has one move and that move is Splash.

It's fun. This kind of teasing of characters is a pretty common thing for moba type games and OW is leaning pretty hard on that model. I'd say get used to it.

Also, she'll be great. It's not like these characters are made in a vacuum until Blizz Manager X comes along and says, "Bill, we need a new character! Get it in the game now!". She'll be thoroughly vetted.

I'm actually most excited about the implications she'll have on the lore.

• Options
    http://kotaku.com/the-guy-with-the-lowest-possible-rank-in-overwatch-1785662123

Dude tried to see if he could hit rank 1(bottom) in Overwatch. Turns out it's more work than you'd think.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i hanjo

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Read that article before. Dude's kind of a jerk there. Like he's amiable about it but what he's doing at heart is not playing the game and just fucking around.

If it weren't a team based game I wouldn't care, but it is a team based game.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, it's the team bit that makes his "It's just a joke" thing fall apart. He's geese #2398723498732894327.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    He's playing the game, just not the way you want him to.

I Hanjo!

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So I finally decided to get this game, and it's really fun. I'm garbage, but it's fun. You have to get level 25 before doing competitive, is that right?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    So I finally decided to get this game, and it's really fun. I'm garbage, but it's fun. You have to get level 25 before doing competitive, is that right?

Yup, but we're between seasons at the moment so no competitive right now unless you play on the PTR.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. It'll probably take me a little while to hit level 25 anyway, am just playing a couple games here and there when I find the time.

• Options
    rRcct9y.png

Best streamer on all the internets:

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/the-guy-with-the-lowest-possible-rank-in-overwatch-1785662123

Dude tried to see if he could hit rank 1(bottom) in Overwatch. Turns out it's more work than you'd think.

If he really wants to do this, he should queue up with a full team that is in on the "joke".
    Low ranked players don't deserve to get trolled just because they aren't MLG Pro.
    Besides that, the matchmaker has to team him with higher ranked players to balance out the teams anyways.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    The fact that his team mates are called Window Maker and Tracker makes it all more funnier :lol:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Who doesn't love involuntarily being part of someone else's performance piece at their own expense while also being denigrated for daring to exist in the same space and not being as awesome as that person?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I understand that it's trolling in a team game, but I would be legit stoked if I queued up and I, Hanjo was on my team.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    There's always a griefer in the group:
    https://gfycat.com/JoyousBlissfulFossa

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

It's fun. This kind of teasing of characters is a pretty common thing for moba type games and OW is leaning pretty hard on that model. I'd say get used to it.

Also, she'll be great. It's not like these characters are made in a vacuum until Blizz Manager X comes along and says, "Bill, we need a new character! Get it in the game now!". She'll be thoroughly vetted.

I'm actually most excited about the implications she'll have on the lore.

A new character is just exciting in general. They're a potentially major change to the meta and offer new styles of play. Ana still isn't seen much in competitive as far as I know but her support style is unique and fun for a lot of people. Sombra is another possibility for whatever role they fill.

• Options
    jammu wrote: »

I can imagine Symmetra being the kind of uptight neat freak that would go crazy over that.

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular

I can imagine Symmetra being the kind of uptight neat freak that would go crazy over that.

I love the slooooow look up...like...oh you're gonna get it now...

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options

That's literally her entire thing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Her turrets should get a damage boost if placed in a perfect square/pentagon/hexagon.

Or perhaps an equally spaced line.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I was thinking one new character might be a tank, but their shield would be independent of teammates. Like a deployable barrier of some kind.

• Options
    TOGWdcN.png

This discussion has been closed.