As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Bartz decided not to crash the app this time, so I just took him down, too. There were only two attempts where he did not do 2-3 consecutive monk kicks to start the fight, so I'm glad I was able to capitalize on a break in that habit when it happened. Once I had my mitigation up, he was easy. I don't regret at all going for Counter Tackle. That SB has paid me back several times over already.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Two people changed RWs for me, so I did the Chaos fight twice.

Here's Gnizmo guest starring with Warrior of Light and some A-team characters:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7Pz-R_qQs

And here's ArcTangent covering for some, uh, less optimal characters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDH2o6Mk1_0

Notice anything missing from either fight? Healing.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    2:30 in the first one.

That's the dispel doing nothing.

I did remember right.

Vindication.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I don't need anything on this banner for VI, but there's a few things I want. I will probably be weak and pull later. I hope for less disappointment this time!

For anyone pulling, good luck!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    First 11 pull - Setzer's cards. Uh.. ok, sure!
    Second - Relm's brush. I'm definitely ok with another medica.
    Third - LIGHTBRINGER! Hells yes!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, rainbow on my 100 gem and it's...Shiny Thing! Fuck off, game! I now have two Gau relics.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Meteo Rage seems like a decent-enough damage-only SB, at least. After all, if one is using Gau, one is likely to be using him for damage only (probably via Chaincharge), so it's not like he really loses out by doing 2-hit attacks for 3 turns after the rage.

Zilch on 100-gems for me. Currently at 25 mythril.

Wondering if I want to wait to pull until I have 50 myth in about 5 days, or risk a 3-pull now and save some myth for the BLM Nightmare draw.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    100 gem: nada

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    50 mythril: thief bracer and Terra SSB x2

Got what I wanted, being able to enfire and spam meltdown with the +wind hat is going to be tasty

e: also chain firaga

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Did a 3 pull and a normal pull. Nothing. Oh well, I might as well keep saving for guaranteed 5 stars or the next lucky draw.

I also need to keep working on my A-team and hones, tried Chaos and couldn't defeat him, ran out of skills.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Amazingly the cm for bartz went absurdly smoothly. Granted I have lenna princess favor bartz light of four and gregs best buds, but even so it went down on the second try.
    nksgkkr83bch.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Got Chocobo Brush..

I... I'm so sorry Relm. You see Selphie over there? On the bench even though she has Dreamstage? Yeah, you'll be sitting right next to her until I figure out what niche I can use you for...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The niche of the best heal in the game is a p good niche.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, Relm wins for best overall healer in nearly every situation. That's her niche.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Tried a 3-pull.

Aaaand immediate regret. Sigh.

• Options
    So I was just sitting here, throwing together my FFVI team to run through the event. Building it in such a way that I've got all my standard bases covered and I won't have to change anything until I start hitting special boss conditions in the 99+ category.

And as I'm building this team, I realized something.

Holy shit my FFVI realm synergy is stupid good.

This is who made the team:

Celes with Indom Blade and also her Runeblade (two options!)
    Edgar with his drill, because I think everyone gets issued a drill when they start their account
    Relm with Chocobo Brush and also her Cat Hood
    Sabin with his Dragon Claws
    Locke with Valiant Knife

Like... it's been a while since our last FFVI event, and I don't really recall having such a stacked team with RS. A lot of these weapons I've picked up on random event banners and fests and things.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    100 gem valiant knife

well played FFRK, well played...

• Options
    I don't know. Is she really the best healer?
    SMN 4, BLM 3 and because of that brush, a Mediga + Heavy Regen

Selphie has BLM 3-4, Celerity 3 plus Dreamstage (Mediga + Mag Blink)

Lenna has DNC 4, BLM 2 plus Princess' Favor (Medira + Heavy Regen)

Y'shtola has SUP 4, BLM 3 plus Aetherial Pulse and a Medira and group Esuna

That's my healer selection who are in direct competition.

Relm's advantage: Mediga with a Heavy Regen plus being able to bring Earth Damage to the table (Chocobonk) and really heavy SMN damage because that 4* stuff is legit. Have to source Protectga/Shellga if the damage is going to be brought in.

Selphie's advantage: Will have access to 4* BLM with enough motes so pretty decent single target damage if she's off-healing plus Magic Blink is extremely powerful in certain situations. Doesn't have access to Heavy Regen though

Lenna's Advantage: 4* Dance means breakdown on multi-target fights and Heavy Regen

Y'shtola's Advantage: First round basic mitigation via Aetherial Pulse and heavy regen all in one hit and frees up 1-2 ability slots on the team for those buffs. Breakdown access plus Wrath so can self-charge SB if there's nothing to do.

I might bring Relm in as my off-healer in a full caster team since from how I see things, her advantage is her 4* SMNs which give her access to nasty damage potential, and the limited casts for SMN don't matter as much if she's supposed to be focusing on healing.

• Options
    100 gem pull - 3 star trash item like normal. Nothing to see here folks.

Only time I see rainbows is on 11-pulls.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    50 pull - setzer cards and celes BSB

Nice!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    3 11 pulls. First one is 3*s and the second has like 4 4*. 3rd one? Cards, Shiny Thing, and mother fucking LIGHTBRINGER! Celes, baby, you are just too good to me. I was hoping for Terra SSB obviously, but I ain't going to complain. Probably try my luck on the next banner as well a bit, but I am feeling pretty set for now. Only question I have is does anybody know what buff slot her BSB takes for the damage boost? Is it a weird one that eats up 2 slots with one for each boost?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    It's a currently unique buff ID that is shared only by a few others in the future. For now, as long as a buff from another SB doesn't affect both ATK and MAG, then it won't be overwritten, and will stack with other buffs that boost those stats (Shout, Apocalypse Shield, Swiftsong, Lulu's Focus, etc.)

EDIT: Only one other current SB shares the same effect, which is Vincent's Cape. Using Celes' BSB and then RW'ing that SB for example is moot, because they override each other.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems nada

• Options
    So what I am hearing is that I could stack my shout, hand of the emperor, and this for simply the stupidest of all attack buffs? What an absolutely insane world we live in. I LOVE IT! Also going to be fun taking her on the suicide squad for a bit. Terra's enhancer means she should be able to get enough magic to make an impact too. Or just let her melee smash for only a slightly more limited effect. Oh the places we will go...

• Options
    I think you'll hit the ATK softcap with those three running with about 257 attack. ie: Probably hit that amount using a 3* dagger.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You'd really only need to do that if your melee party had, like, 3* weapons equipped. That's way too much +ATK.

The wave of +30% ATK/MAG buffs we're seeing starting with Celes are meant to enable mixed parties, which is great for elemental themed ones as you'd rarely have all physical or all melee for them. And Celes' attack commands are Fire/Holy and Ice/Holy, so she can participate in a lot of things.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100 gem - 4*
    11-pull - eight 3*, five 4*

At this point, I knew I should stop - I've been trying to save up for the OSBs, and dumping more mythril before guaranteed 5* is even out is a fool's errand. But fuck that shit, because RNGesus is on my side!

11-pull - Valiant Knife, LIGHTBRINGER

Even better, Celes gets her opera wardrobe record, so she doesn't look like Rosa's identical twin!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Shout + Hand of the Emperor is already a silly level of buffing. This would just be for laughs and insanity at best. Maybe to see if I could push Irvine's Fast Shot into actually useful territory as well, but I fear not even this would help there.

More sincerely, yeah I am glad to nab this for more mixed team fun. 30% typically is strong enough to make magic painful, and an extra whatever % from my army of faithga buffs will be similarly amazing (only missing Sazh and Lulu because the game loves giving them to me). I prefer more magic over more melee as a rule so it pleases me greatly to start back down the route of making Black magic good again. Of course in reality that means like 2 characters are viable again because almost no one is just pure Black magic anymore. Bring on the chain spells so Vivi has a role again!

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yaaaaay! First 11-pull netted me Valiant Knife and Lightbringer. So many new party configuration options!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I was considering skipping this banner, but my buddy convinced me to pull after he did a 100 gem and 11x and got Tiara. So I did my 100 gem, got nothing, then did the 11x. Two shiny rainbows pop out, so that's pretty cool. First one is the Tiara, so now I have three mage enElement SBs and two melee enElement SBs (Earth, Lightning, Fire for mages, Wind and Ice for melee). Second one is a fancy new sword for Celes! It's my fifth +holy sword now, with IVCalibur, IXCalibur, VCalibur x2 and now VIBringer. Needless to say, I am pleased.

I've swapped my RW to Celes with Maria's Song because I was bored of Shout, QP46 if anybody is after that sort of thing.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Lightbringer and Tiara are both pretty excellent, on excellent characters, but I already have Valiant Knife and Chocobo Brush. It feels like it'd be a waste to spend Mythril here =(

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Shout + Hand of the Emperor is already a silly level of buffing. This would just be for laughs and insanity at best. Maybe to see if I could push Irvine's Fast Shot into actually useful territory as well, but I fear not even this would help there.

More sincerely, yeah I am glad to nab this for more mixed team fun. 30% typically is strong enough to make magic painful, and an extra whatever % from my army of faithga buffs will be similarly amazing (only missing Sazh and Lulu because the game loves giving them to me). I prefer more magic over more melee as a rule so it pleases me greatly to start back down the route of making Black magic good again. Of course in reality that means like 2 characters are viable again because almost no one is just pure Black magic anymore. Bring on the chain spells so Vivi has a role again!

What I like about Celes' Lightbringer is that she can singlehandedly boost an imperil holy/fire/ice team - she's got natural Spellblade 5 access, her BSB buffs both ATK/MAG and stacks with almost all other boostgas/faithgas, and her burst attack/defend commands hit holy/fire or holy/ice so she's either going to get the +holy/enholy boost or the imperil fire/ice boost.

I might just run a team with Ramza (Shout/Tailwind), Y'shtola (Stoneskin II), Celes (Maria's Song), Pecil (Paladin Force), and Laguna (Freezing Barrage).

• Options
    100 gem: can anything possibly be that shiny?
    Nope, just some junky 4* robe

• Options
    I also need to keep working on my A-team and hones, tried Chaos and couldn't defeat him, ran out of skills.

What all did you take to the fight, and what notable stuff did you leave at home? We might be able to brainstorm a way to get to the end, this fight is a lot easier than most U+ fights.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Like... it's been a while since our last FFVI event, and I don't really recall having such a stacked team with RS. A lot of these weapons I've picked up on random event banners and fests and things.

The last one was really easy. The U was the Dreamstooges and the U+ was Vargas. The one before that was slightly harder with the dumb painting mechanic, but it was also right after Shout was introduced and part of VALIANT KNIVES ON ALL BANNERS EVERYWHERE.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Oh, rainbow on my 100 gem and it's...Shiny Thing! Fuck off, game! I now have two Gau relics.

This legit happened to me too. Oh well, armor's armor.

Also whaled and hit 2/11: Tiara and Lightbringer!

Good job, team!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hm. Apparently it's not just dispels that Grand Cross/Indom Blade absorbs affect incorrectly. It's anything that doesn't do damage. So Poison, Slow, Stop, Sleep, etc will also get taunted and nulled, but not give back a charge.

You can see it in action here at 4:25-5:30 about four times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEPoofswJCo

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

What all did you take to the fight, and what notable stuff did you leave at home? We might be able to brainstorm a way to get to the end, this fight is a lot easier than most U+ fights.

Yeah. I was close once or twice to defeat him, but it was more of a matter of being lucky with RNG.

I took a team of Pecil (73), Warrior of Light (55), Cid Raines (68), Lenna (66) and Ramza (61) IIRC, they have leveled once, except WoL, I benched him after trying that fight several times. I took Warrior of light in order to use banishing strike and shellga (No special SB); Pecil had Saint's Cross and protectga (With his BSB), Lenna has her medica Pride of Tycoon with 6 curagas and 6 memento of Prayer; Ramza had either magic or power breakdown and lifesiphon (Shout SB) while Cid Raines had armor and magic breakdown IIRC (Seraphic Ray SB).

Oh, Pecil had Basch's RM that increases damage when equipping a shield, Warrior of Light had Cloud's RM that increases sword damage, Ramza had WoL RM that gives holy damage to physical attacks, Cid Raines had his RM that increases damage and magic with a fist weapon equipped and Lenna had Dr. Mog's Teachings in order to have her medica ready just in case.

RW was Pecil with his BSB.

The thing is, I have Saint's Cross just at R1, Protectga and Shellga on R2, Breakdowns on R2, Curaga and Memento on R2, Lifesiphon R2, banishing strike on R2 and so on. So I ran out of mitigation when Chaos still had around 25-30% HP bar left. I guess that I need to start grinding dailies in order to at least hone breakdowns to R3, but I also need to finish core dungeons to increase my stamina! Right now I am at 94, long way from the 81 I had during orbfest!

Regarding how to change my current strategy, I am considering switching out WoL and replacing him with either Tyro (Level 71, can use shellga/protectga and I have his lighting SSB) or Basch (Level 64, has mastered Apocalypse Shield, although I don't know who could use shellga, maybe I could give it to Lenna and have Cid Raines use Memento of Prayer).

Also I am considering just taking a wall instead of Pecil as a RW.

I can also continue leveling my "A-team", or at least a part of them and see if I give it another shot on monday after the sunday EXP Dungeon.

Would it be a good idea using a blank MC2 on Basch? I do have Apocalypse Shield.

Thanks for the help!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think it's a good idea to use a blank MC2 on anybody you regularly have in your party. Basch is a fine candidate, as his soul break will up your offense and defense significantly. I'm not certain if Memento of Prayer is really being all that helpful for you, to be honest. You could probably leave it behind and not be too fussed, since it is just Lo Regen and not Mid Regen or Hi Regen. With Basch in the mix, I think your offensive woes would be solved, honestly. Adding 30% to your attack is, at minimum, going to increase your damage output by about 15% (and probably more because nobody has FFI synergy really). Taking a Wall instead of Paladin Cecil will of course reduce your damage output, but also your incoming damage, certainly worth a try. If you're able to survive reasonably well, you could also consider taking a Celes RW with the +30% ATK/MAG and enHoly buff, and use the new commands for some potent offense (4 hit Holy/Fire on Attack, 4 hit Holy/Ice on Defend).

There is also no harm in waiting a bit to do the fight again, more levels are always useful and you should be able to get some nice orbs out of the new FFVI event and/or story dungeons. Also no harm in waiting for more people to chime in with advice. For example others may value Memento of Prayer more than I do, and have compelling arguments for using it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm sitting on 177 mithril right now. Mostly I've been saving for the next BSB Fest, plus a couple draws on Noel's banner. But from what I'm reading here, it almost sounds like I need to make a draw with the hopes of getting Celes's BSB. Should I drop 50 mithril chasing that one specific relic, or just keep saving for the next fest?

This discussion has been closed.