Options

Presidential Election 2016! (NO posting Onion or other satirical articles)

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Awesome. Can Alex Jones please be next?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Finally up to date after reading up on all posts since July 31st, about 2.6k.

In-fucking-sane

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome to the rocky campaign filled with horror show, erotibot!

I sort of caught up last night but I kinda skimmed through a chunk of pages at 3am so I really need to go back and read this thread again and sort out which bits were real and which were a fever dream.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I tried my usual skimming but every third post had like a the biggest number of awesome/agrees, seriously it's the biggest. Can't skin all over that.

I'm kind of hoping this momentum of Trump's implosion keeps up according to the laws of physics where he keeps spinning faster and faster before he collapses into himself to form a black hole the whitest hole possible

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    But what if in collapsing he sucks us all in with him.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    If he gets indicted for leaking information sure it'll play into his base but it'll be kind of hard to run for president facing a felony charge

Isn't he facing a racketeering charge right now?

he's facing civil charges, leaking classified info is another thing entirely

It could be. It'll depend more on what information he (hopefully doesn't) leaks.

• Options
    But what if in collapsing he sucks us all in with him.

The gravitational force of a body doesn't change through its collapse, so only things that would have crashed and burned anyways will be "sucked in".

On a more serious note, you guys need to nip this "bloody revolution" shit in the bloated bud.

Trump is saying whatever shoots trough what passed for his mind, but the people following him are the real fucking crazies.

They hear his incoherent blabbering and agree

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

In-fucking-sane

Which post was your favourite?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »

In-fucking-sane

Definitely the Dad Joke Kaine ones

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    They sent out an email that included a screenshot of MSNBC with a bunch of headlines from news organizations talking about the Trump campaign dumpster fire. This was used as evidence of the extreme media bias of MSNBC because respectable news organizations would cover a Trump rally in full instead of talking about how the Trump campaign is having issues. They are doing stuff like that every day now.

"Media bias offender", that stamp reads.

...I am thinking of the "sense offender" designation from Equilibrium...

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    http://trumporjesus.com/

Has this 'quiz' been posted? Got a chuckle out of me this morning.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    They sent out an email that included a screenshot of MSNBC with a bunch of headlines from news organizations talking about the Trump campaign dumpster fire. This was used as evidence of the extreme media bias of MSNBC because respectable news organizations would cover a Trump rally in full instead of talking about how the Trump campaign is having issues. They are doing stuff like that every day now.

"TWO negative Trump stories and ZERO negative Clinton stories on the front page!"

That's because Clinton didn't fuck up yesterday, Donnie.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »

was beginning to wonder what the point was, but yeah it got a chuckle from me in the end too. :lol:

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

"TWO negative Trump stories and ZERO negative Clinton stories on the front page!"

That's because Clinton didn't fuck up yesterday, Donnie.

You're our of your element, Donnie

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

You got 100% correct. You can tell Donald Trump and Jesus apart. That's reassuring, because they are nothing alike.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Plus 4 in Georgia.

"In a four-way race, Clinton led Trump 41-38, but Libertarian Gary Johnson cracked double-digits, with 11 percent of the support, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein notched 2 percent."

August 1-4, 847 registered.

If she takes Georgia, it's over to a comical degree.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Also, someone commenting on Clinton's ground game:
    You ain't fuckin kidding.

I was a Field Organizer for Obama in Florida in '08. That campaign, in Florida in particular, was regarded later as one of the best organized voter contact efforts in American history.

So last night I went to put in a couple hours phone-banking for Hillary Clinton, for the first time.

The Obama '08 campaign seemed disorganized and amateurish in comparison to the ruthlessly efficient field operation for Hillary Clinton that I saw. In '08 we were rushing around to print up call-lists and train people to register voters on-the-fly. Last night there were a dozen people sitting in neat rows watching a voter-registration presentation done by an organizer who flawlessly answered questions about the process. There were tables set up, and filled, with another dozen people doing calls, the organizers and fellows replenishing call-lists as they ran out. It was a well-oiled machine, and the convention was just last fucking week.

I don't even live in one of the important districts in the state.

There is simply no way the Trump campaign can get something up and rolling, field-wise, that's going to compete with Clinton. When people ask you to canvass or phone-bank for Clinton, DO IT if you can! Your efforts will be maximized, I guaran-damn-tee it. These people are fuckin serious.

Holy shit. She's going to the fucking mattresses

FTFY

• Options
    If Clinton runs the country half as well as she's running that ground campaign you guys will be doing pretty great.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I dunno if anybody has posted this, but it's pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgNP3g1Lwss

Omg President Obama jamming to Eminem pregame?

That's it I'm done.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Today's intel briefing: They call him Yuck Mouth, because he don't brush!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

The aside glance the lady does at the camera kills me.

"He actually said that. Did y'all hear what I just heard? I'm not supposed to panic here, but holy shit I want to".

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Welcome to the rocky campaign filled with horror show, erotibot!

I sort of caught up last night but I kinda skimmed through a chunk of pages at 3am so I really need to go back and read this thread again and sort out which bits were real and which were a fever dream.

The bits of your memory that make you go "Nah, that can't possibly be true" are real and the bits which make you go "I guess that one's probably right" are all part of the fever dream.

• Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular

You got 100% correct. You can tell Donald Trump and Jesus apart. That's reassuring, because they are nothing alike.

In case anyone was curious...
    You got 0% correct. You can’t tell Donald Trump and Jesus apart. That's a little terrifying. Please don't vote.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

In-fucking-sane

Man...that feels like months ago now.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

In-fucking-sane

I think it was two days ago..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SteevL wrote: »

In-fucking-sane

I think it was two days ago..

truly it was a simpler time...

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Holy shit. Trump or someone writing for him ad.itted a mistake.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Until he follows up with saying, "I never said that it was going to Iran! Another Crooked Hillary smear! Sad!"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited August 2016

well its an easy mistake to make. the the number of times i've been mistaken for $100M, its more common than you'd think.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    It's sad alright, Donald

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    It's sad! alright, Donald

FTFY :P

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I go to /pol/ on 4chan so you don't have to even more than you already didn't have to.
    >The door-in-the-face (DITF) technique is a compliance method commonly studied in social psychology. The persuader attempts to convince the respondent to comply by making a large request that the respondent will most likely turn down, much like a metaphorical slamming of a door in the persuader's face. The respondent is then more likely to agree to a second, more reasonable request, compared to the same reasonable request made in isolation.

>The persuader attempts to convince the respondent to comply by making a large request that the respondent will most likely turn down
    Donald Trump is trying to convince the American people to elect him as their President. By acting as unpresidential, unsophisticated, and as childish as possible, he knows that this is a request that the majority of Americans will turn down (and they are currently turning it down).

>The respondent is then more likely to agree to a second, more reasonable request, compared to the same reasonable request made in isolation.
    Donald will then present himself, likely within the next week or two, in the most presidential manner he can possibly muster. And the American people will eat it up. Trump will likely remain 10 points ahead for the rest of the election once this kicks in. Because Trump has now created a scenario in which "Presidential" Donald Trump will no longer be compared to "Presidential" Hillary Clinton -- he will instead be compared to "Unresidential" Donald Trump. And compared to this Trump, the one we saw in the primary and, more notably, post-convention this new "Presidential" Donald Trump will be a breath of fresh air. He'll speak in full sentences, not streams on consciousness. He'll stay on topic, not wander towards irrelevant inconveniences. And, most importantly, he'll act like the leader of the Republican Party instead of a Hillary plant who wants to watch it sink to the bottom of the ocean.

This campaign will be studied for generations.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Plus 4 in Georgia.

"In a four-way race, Clinton led Trump 41-38, but Libertarian Gary Johnson cracked double-digits, with 11 percent of the support, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein notched 2 percent."

August 1-4, 847 registered.

If she takes Georgia, it's over to a comical degree.

Who would have thought criticising a military family would go over badly in Georgia?

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Hmm. Do I strike that one from the website? I've never seen him issue a correction or apology before.

There's no protocol for this!

• Options
    Wow. That's some weapons grade delusion.
    The Trump campaign WILL be studied for a long time.

But only to avoid repeating its mistakes

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    cubantypercubantyper Registered User regular
    This campaign season is worthy of study, but not for the reasons that goose on /pol hopes.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I mean this idea literally banks on the assumption that people will forget everything he said - and his die hard supporters might.

But his opponents? They will never let him forget, and anyone else

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    All I get from that /pol/ is "Trump is going to pivot any day now... just you wait..."

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    All I get from that /pol/ is "Trump is going to pivot any day now... just you wait..."

Completely ignoring that this IS him. He has nothing else. He's a louth mouthed dick, and has always been

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.