As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about getting that videogame

I can't edit the title until I get out of jail tonight.

Is it a good videogame? I know it's like the only baseball game that exists

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Mike matheny is a garbage man.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope St. Louis gives him a lifetime contract.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Preferably as a dugout catcher

• Options
    Randal Grichuk is a beautiful man.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am disappointed that the Cubs let the Cardinals win.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They play each other like 30 times a year, it's probably gonna happen again

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They play each other like 30 times a year, it's probably gonna happen again

Well it shouldn't! Even if Grichuk is so dreamy.

• Options
    It's been one day, and my fantasy team sucks. I want a do over.

• Options
    Mine has been OK. It will be nice when two of my hitters don't have to face Max Scherzer

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

What's the record for "Man getting hit by baseballs", because 3 in one inning sure seems like a once-in-a-lifetime moment

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Jokes on you all. Angels get Danny Espinosa, and he hits a go-ahead 3 run home run in the 9th to beat the As. FUTURE HALL OF FAMER!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

Addison Russell is my favorite baseball player

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs Zen is requesting your presence in the Discord.

• Options
    for what, exactly

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Byron Buxton had an at bat that didn't result in a strike out!

Maximum on
  • Options
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    ESPN ran a story lamenting that baseball currently has "no face," of the game. That the most popular/ recognizable ballplayers no longer play.

Go to ESPN's MLB page you will find:

An article called "Boring? How to Watch Baseball." Click on that article and the first point is: "Don't watch baseball."
    A feature on Tim Tebow, a class-A sideshow that will never make an MLB team.

I fucking hate ESPN.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    baseball doesnt need a face

its baseball

ESPN will be dismantled and sold off within another 10 years

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Jasconius wrote: »
    baseball doesnt need a face

its baseball

ESPN will be dismantled and sold off within another 10 years

Your lips to the Pagan Baseball Gods' ears.

I mean they wrote an article on HOW TO WATCH BASEBALL for their BASEBALL PAGE. Like the only people that are going to it are people that already WATCH FUCKING BASEBALL YOU CHOADS

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    Jeter, A-Rod, and Big Papi are retired. What in the hell do we do now?

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    The Braves signed Ryan Howard so that no one else would, I guess.

• Options

I'm baffled

• Options
    Got a little bit of jizz on his belly. It happens.

• Options
    They call that the pale change up

• Options
    it helped the cardinals lose to the cubs so it's my favorite highlight of the young season

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    ESPN ran a story lamenting that baseball currently has "no face," of the game. That the most popular/ recognizable ballplayers no longer play.

An article called "Boring? How to Watch Baseball." Click on that article and the first point is: "Don't watch baseball."

I fucking hate ESPN.

The funny thing is ESPN has an article in it's Snapchat story that basically says the opposite of this. Hell, the lede of the article is "Who says baseball has no stars?"

It goes on to loosely compare the current crop of rising stars to guys of the past:

Carlos Martinez is the next Bob Gibson
    Carlos Correa is the next A-Rod
    Francisco Lindor is the next Derek Jeter (even gets a dig at Jeter's defense in)
    Julio Urias is the next Johan Santana
    Mookie Betts is the next Gary Sheffield
    Noah Syndergaard is the next Pedro Martinez

• Options
    Joey Gallo is the next Steve Balboni

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    TEBOW SOCKED A DINGER IN HIS FIRST AT BAT

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    FortyTwo wrote: »

I fucking hate ESPN.

The funny thing is ESPN has an article in it's Snapchat story that basically says the opposite of this. Hell, the lede of the article is "Who says baseball has no stars?"

It goes on to loosely compare the current crop of rising stars to guys of the past:

Carlos Martinez is the next Bob Gibson
    Carlos Correa is the next A-Rod
    Francisco Lindor is the next Derek Jeter (even gets a dig at Jeter's defense in)
    Julio Urias is the next Johan Santana
    Mookie Betts is the next Gary Sheffield
    Noah Syndergaard is the next Pedro Martinez

it had Schwarber as the next Ortiz, too

I think the main thing MLB needs to do in the next few years is...get out of its own way, like...showcase all these young stars they've got cropping up, let them be goofy and have fun, don't...try to make weird raps about them

(and stop trying to stomp the weirdness out of baseball, for god's sake. starting extra innings with a guy on base would be the stupidest thing in the whole world)

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Those are all horrible comparisons.

• Options
    TEBOW SOCKED A DINGER IN HIS FIRST AT BAT

• Options
    Taking a Louisville Slugger to evil.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Seriously, what were the cards thinking when they gave Matheny and extension?

Matt Adams in LEFT FIELD, for fuck's sakes.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    these days i place a lot of doubt in the managers ability to make any real position decisions

lineup choices, maybe

but who plays in what field? doubtful. sabermetrics rules all now.

what i mean by that is it's probably not Matheny's choice.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Seriously, what were the cards thinking when they gave Matheny and extension?

Matt Adams in LEFT FIELD, for fuck's sakes.

They've finally come to terms with the facts that they're the villains and are heroically self-sabotaging for the good of the league.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    What the heck happened with the ball and that catcher's breastplate, anyway?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    My guess is pine tar, but i dunno. Maybe the idea is that he can doctor the ball up on the sly before throwing back to the pitcher?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    My guess is pine tar, but i dunno. Maybe the idea is that he can doctor the ball up on the sly before throwing back to the pitcher?

Cheating in baseball? Why I never...