As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ninja [chat] Party

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Also also Phillip K Dick

Savages

i literally don't see how zootopia is particularly dickian

Nudist colony scene.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    at least i got to eat at annapurna tonight

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Does this sex party ever end jesus.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Also also Phillip K Dick

Savages

Nudist colony scene.

...well played

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I wound up going to a reading of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

P fun except the room was stifling hot and the chairs were massively uncomfortable and a couple people kept talking loudly even tho the MC kept being like uh hey shut up and one half of the gay couple sitting in front of me kept using his phone

he wasn't even, like, doing anything on his phone

just randomly swiping around on the apps screen. thru the entire play. what the heck guy

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Whatever
    The flowers that were being used to turn the predators savage smacked of PKD's A Scanner Darkly.

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Guys have you seen science, though?

CRISPR is an immensely exciting prospect for me, because it has the serious potential to be a real solution for genetic diseases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

...The video didn't really touch on some of the hot-button issues surrounding genetic engineering of people. :|

For example: It is difficult to quantify age-related death as a bad thing from an impersonal / long term perspective. The way that social progress tracks with generational turnover is very problematic here; by significantly putting the brakes on that turnover, we are also likely to stall out the erosion of social mores.

It's less a problem of 'What if the Kim dynasty made super soldiers?' and more of the problem of, 'What if the Kim dynasty was literally eternal, barring violent intervention? What if simply waiting-out a bad era was no longer an option?'

I'm not sure if we can count on the relationship between social progress and generational turnover to stay constant in the world as we move forward. I think concurrent with a lot of these technological advances will be necessary systemic changes to how we govern ourselves and deal with social change. Putting a shorter time limit on human lives isn't necessarily the only way to deal with the fact that old people become stuck in their ways.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Doing things by myself is a 50/50 proposition for me. Sometimes I feel better even if I don't really enjoy myself, because I went and did something

Sometimes I get there and feel really really alone

P.S. We should do a fun thing

hmm

yes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Also also Phillip K Dick

Savages

Nudist colony scene.

No no you're thinking Heinlein

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Whatever
    The flowers that were being used to turn the predators savage smacked of PKD's A Scanner Darkly.[/spoilers]

oh yeah

right

ironically i think when they revealed
    the flowers, I said

"A blue flower... for my friends"

but I never really saw it as more than a coincidence

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Genetic engineering is immoral because of Khan.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Genetic engineering is immoral because of Khan.

KhanSequel_FEAT-970x545.png

• Options
    I'm just listening to Heart's "Alone" on repeat

this is my life now

• Options

this is my life now

TILL NOW

• Options
    Whatever
    The flowers that were being used to turn the predators savage smacked of PKD's A Scanner Darkly.[/spoilers]

oh yeah

right

the flowers, I said

but I guess the whole idea that
    the establishment is secretly creating the drugs in a deliberate plot to divide the populace

is pretty similar

though IMO looking at A Scanner Darkly as a literal dystopian government story kind of misses the
    psychological metaphors for inner conflict and addiction and self-destruction

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Someone I follow on twitter who runs a Final Fantasy site is getting treated with absolute disrespect because they reported on the Final Fantasy 15 delay. It's so fucking pitiful people will attack someone cause they reported on a fucking video game being delayed.

• Options

this is my life now

TILL NOW

I ALWAYS GOT BY ON MY OWN
    I NEVER REALLY CARED UNTIL ORGANICHU

• Options
    wandering wrote:
    on the subject of Wii U games I just bought Super Mario 3D World I should play it

*never plays it*
    Well I played a little bit of it. I dunno, like the "New" Super Mario games it feels pleasant enough but profoundly unambitious. It's like Nintendo's like, "yeah, here's another game where you jump on things and rescue folks from Bowser or whatever"

The cat versions of the characters are p adorbs tho

• Options
    Someone I follow on twitter who runs a Final Fantasy site is getting treated with absolute disrespect because they reported on the Final Fantasy 15 delay. It's so fucking pitiful people will attack someone cause they reported on a fucking video game being delayed.

twitter is designed to breed toxicity IMO

• Options
    I ALWAYS GOT BY ON MY OWN

I NEVER REALLY CARED UNTIL I MET YOU

• Options
    Whatever

oh yeah

right

the flowers, I said

the establishment is secretly creating the drugs in a deliberate plot to divide the populace

is pretty similar

though IMO looking at A Scanner Darkly as a literal dystopian government story kind of misses the

but isn't racism a sort of inner conflict, addiction, and self-destruction?

• Options
    FERAL

BROTHERRR

• Options
    Also also Phillip K Dick

Savages
    barely even human

• Options

twitter is designed to breed toxicity IMO

Twitter should not be 140 characters.

It should be a 140 character headline that you can click on to expand to a much larger post where all nuance doesn't go to die.

• Options
    Whatever

oh yeah

right

the flowers, I said

is pretty similar

ehhhhhhhhmmmmehhhhhhhhhh

A Scanner Darkly directly compares both the fascist state and drug subculture to multiple personality disorder

Zootopia isn't doing anything remotely like that.

though as smart as Zootopia is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the producers and writers were in a storyboard meeting and somebody said "hey, wouldn't it be cool if the flowers were blue, kind of a nod to A Scanner Darkly?"

• Options
    I gotta go to work but fuck this we rocking to Heart

Feral you wrought this

Feral I blame YOUUUU

• Options
    Whatever

oh yeah

right

the flowers, I said

is pretty similar

ehhhhhhhhmmmmehhhhhhhhhh

A Scanner Darkly directly compares both the fascist state and drug subculture to multiple personality disorder

Zootopia isn't doing anything remotely like that.

though as smart as Zootopia is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the producers and writers were in a storyboard meeting and somebody said "hey, wouldn't it be cool if the flowers were blue, kind of a nod to A Scanner Darkly?"

Like as soon as the blue flowers showed up I went "OH FUUUUUCK"

Because to me it was such an obvious shout out.

And then I farted

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    @Winky

...Now I'm watching other video for this channel. :D

...Now I'm reading the comments on the channel's Refugee Crisis video. :|

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Oh god the end of David Cross's Netflix special

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2016
    @bowen with you in mind, i noted to myself when i opened my most recent thing of toilet paper (costco brand, $15 for 30 rolls). it's been 30 days and i have used 14 rolls and maybe half of another. call it 15 rolls.

so my monthly toilet paper cost, as someone who can't often poop at work and who has mild IBS or something, is ~$7.50

get fkd

edit: note also that i use way more than i need because i persoanlly enjoy the sensation of a 3-times-folded firm wad to really scrape up in there

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Now I'm listening to Toto

Feral stop

This is madness

I

I need to pack my Artcryx, I need to

GO

http://youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY

Havelock2.0 on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    CqXbP4zh.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    wow is doing a thing

i started hearing dark whispers and it gave me a new ability bar to cause hysteria and turn invisible and shit, I made some people fight the guards at the bank and then I got killed by the town because invisibility was on cooldown

I guess you can turn into a demon if you keep it up long enough

neat

override367 on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I like cold-pressed organic turnip

not juice

just a pressed turnip

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    CqXbP4zh.jpg

...even with the supposedly helpful labels, I do not get it.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    I have the bug again. Chat I will travel in a year and I will backpack and I will hostel and all of you Euro folk are shit out of luck

Couches will be ruined.

I'm marking this date and making a savings account

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I like cold-pressed organic turnip

not juice

just a pressed turnip

VITAMIN SEE!

liberal noobs

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i have an urge to drive back cross country. to just spend hours in that emptiness

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's a commentary on middle class privilege and the need for its beneficiaries to convince themselves that they do not perpetuate an amoral lifestyle that provides nothing of value.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.