Options

a chat for today

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Dressage and cross country are hard on the human body. Take lots of physical and mental control of the rider. And requires tons of training on the human part.

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.
    I feel like we've made it clear that the difficulty is not the problem. Motorsports have the same properties, I don't think they're any more appropriate.

You are ignoring the entire sport is built off the humans athletic and physical ability which are the keys to the olympics. By your own measure.

Instead of being on a bike or using a pole vault it is on a horse.

could the olympic champion grab any horse off the street and win still

could a bmxer do the same stuff on a tricycle

anyway, just because an event involves hard work that occurred prior to the games doesn't mean it's inappropriate. That effort was invested into the animal, even if the animal worked hard as well. And if I had to choose between a bike and a horse to deal with, I'd rather choose the bike, a mechanical thing which will perform according to its specifications.

no. could they do the same stuff on some other identical bmx bike? most likely.

and i mean, yes. exactly! for an event about how good a human is id rather there be a bike - mechanical, reproducible. unlike a horse

i don't really think you should have an event thats also based on how good a horse is at being a horse

well there are mediocre and great bikes as well, my point is that there is additional effort required to train a capricious animal

everyone presumably has access to any bike they want though. there's only one horse. what if it was just the best horse in the world at dressage

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    training horses is like quintessential humanity, horses and dogs

in a thousand years when we are apart of the galactic community we'll have space olympics and I'll be damned if we don't do horses!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    like, should racing horses be an olympic event? i'm sure it takes a great deal of skill to jockey a horse. but some horses are just faster than others, man

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dressage and cross country are hard on the human body. Take lots of physical and mental control of the rider. And requires tons of training on the human part.

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.
    I feel like we've made it clear that the difficulty is not the problem. Motorsports have the same properties, I don't think they're any more appropriate.

You are ignoring the entire sport is built off the humans athletic and physical ability which are the keys to the olympics. By your own measure.

anyway, just because an event involves hard work that occurred prior to the games doesn't mean it's inappropriate. That effort was invested into the animal, even if the animal worked hard as well. And if I had to choose between a bike and a horse to deal with, I'd rather choose the bike, a mechanical thing which will perform according to its specifications.

and i mean, yes. exactly! for an event about how good a human is id rather there be a bike - mechanical, reproducible. unlike a horse

i don't really think you should have an event thats also based on how good a horse is at being a horse

well there are mediocre and great bikes as well, my point is that there is additional effort required to train a capricious animal

everyone presumably has access to any bike they want though. there's only one horse. what if it was just the best horse in the world at dressage

Worthless without the best rider in dressage.

But whatever. I give up.

You guys do as you will.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

maybe they dope the horses too, like with cyclists

but there's lots of effort expended on breeding good horses! maybe those other folks shoulda bred their horse better, or bought better dope

• Options
    i hate horses though they're smelly and mean

and we break them so we can ride them. we literally call it breaking them! its not even a euphemism!

free all horses and then kill all horses, y2jake215 2016

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    As I was watching the men's 10m diving prelims today I found myself thinking about how fin-like the human foot is, which got me thinking about how humans evolved from fish, which made me realize, you know, I don't wind up thinking about evolutionary biology when I watch sports where the athletes wear clothing

Yet more proof that the ancient greeks had it right and all sports should be played naked

• Options
    i hate horses though they're smelly and mean

and we break them so we can ride them. we literally call it breaking them! its not even a euphemism!

free all horses and then kill all horses, y2jake215 2016

I mean they still work

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i guess i should go to bed instead of staying up late to finish stranger things

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited August 2016

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

But whatever. I give up.

You guys do as you will.

so you're saying that even if the second best (by a tiny margin) rider's horse was literally twice as good at dressage as all other horses, the best rider would still win the olympics

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    As I seem to be in all Blizzard betas now. They just rolled out beta streaming.

Problem is, it is through Facebook.

I am like, nope why would I stream on facebook?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    As I seem to be in all Blizzard betas now. They just rolled out beta streaming.

Problem is, it is through Facebook.

I am like, nope why would I stream on facebook?

I didn't even know Facebook did streamining.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Dressage and indeed all equestrian events are also not the realm of the proletariat. Screw those bourgeois shits.

• Options
    y'all overwatchers should tell me when you play and I will play too, now that they increased tick rate I'll come back because obviously it was the tick rate that made me bad

• Options
    olympics should just be the hunger games

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/VaUvLnruYzQ

This song was uploaded today to youtube. I listened 10 times already. What's not to like?

This is the sort of song that pump me up to study :)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    wandering, gayness is gross

i swear if i've told you once, i've told you a hundred times

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Olympic level Magic the gathering where everyone gets a deck of nothing but swamps and drudge skeletons

• Options
    i have literally nothing to do all weekend, again. not even going out and getting drunk because i can't do that anymore. so........ here i sit, arguing against the viability of an olympic event that i have zero stake in for the sake of passing time

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    whew! I saved just before the game crashed, and right after selling 1mil units worth of Emeril (Bam!)

• Options
    Jean wrote: »

This song was uploaded today to youtube. I listened 10 times already. What's not to like?

No available in the US.

But out of curiosity I opened up another of the singers songs.

I knew what her voice would sound like before she started singing.

One thing you can say for Japanese pop music it has consistency.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jean wrote: »

not available in your country

SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    how can a youtube video not be available in my country

I live in the united states, we invented youtube

we should be able to access everything!!

• Options
    according to these test results i have slightly high glucose, high albumin, and low alkaline phosphatase

i wonder what that means

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    as an american I have a right to two day shipping and unlimited multimedia

• Options
    according to these test results i have slightly high glucose, high albumin, and low alkaline phosphatase

i wonder what that means

eat fewer eggs

• Options
    Also, it is a lie.

The video has been made unavailable in your country as it is opt out rather than opt in

Which is some bullshit

No more ip, fuck content creators, consumer rights or gtfo

• Options

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

But whatever. I give up.

You guys do as you will.

so you're saying that even if the second best (by a tiny margin) rider's horse was literally twice as good at dressage as all other horses, the best rider would still win the olympics
    why is human athleticism the only athleticism that matters

#animalliberation

• Options
    GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT, DOC

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Almost finished with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. All I have is the Sky Tower left, and I'm going to take it on tomorrow because I started taking it on tonight and I decided that my chosen third teammate wasn't up to the job. Also I discovered I have type disadvantage AND one of my best moves (Dig) is going to be more or less completely useless.

*vibrates uncontrollably*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    That explains the low amount of views if it's not available in the US.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options

i wonder what that means

eat fewer eggs

no

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    vacay update

Korean food was v good never had bibimbap before and it was tasty

currently drinking craft beer in downtown Portland. is good.

body is not happy with me for walking so much today. is not good.

Hey dude I'm going out with ladies tomorrow night pre wedding which is one week away

Soooo if you want to see really drunk sig at some point pm me

@AresProphet

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

But whatever.

Go on and hate on it.

But whatever. I give up.

You guys do as you will.

why is human athleticism the only athleticism that matters

#animalliberation

they have the animalympics bruh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q_msdWl7qE

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    @simonwolf @Variable @Eddy

recent american dad episode, Widow's Pique... b-plot is p funny, the kids want to be professional wrestlers (but just for the promos and shit talking)

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    ZIKA UPDATE

@Sleep @Trace @Mazzyx @Shivahn @credeiki @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud

After two months of failed experiments today I can happily report that I have approximately 33767.47281 zika virus particles per milliliter after harvesting the virus from infected cells.

I need to concentrate it down and then I can infect mosquitoes mayyyyyybe next week

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck yeah!!

For real though, I forget how this applies to either vaccine/treatment research, or into the research of if and/or how it causes microcephaly. I was pretty sure this was connected in some way, you know outside of discovering the base process of figuring out a viable means to culture the virus (which congratulations on that by the way!). I just can't remember how.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
  • Options
    according to these test results i have slightly high glucose

would you like to borrow some of my metformin

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i tried to take out burned out light bulbs from a fixture but then i can't so i tried to unscrew the fixture but that didn't help and then i had a lot of difficulty screwing the fixture back in
    that'll learn me for trying to do something about a lingering problem

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.