As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 7.0] Sombra officially announced in cinematic "Infiltration"

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Keep the current POTG algorithm. If the majority of the damage / kills were made while the blue dot was under the effect of a friendly ult (Ana, Zen, Lucio) or while the red dots were under the effect of a friendly ult (Mei, Zarya) then throw *all those involved in the background of the intro splash.

Obviously not perfect but it's my best guess in terms of a "low hanging fruit" type update.

* Or pick one randomly in the event that it's too much effort to generate the splash with the variations involved with multiple backdrop heroes.

Edit: Beat'd

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had a game winning Ana ult the other night on a King's Row match where I hit a Pharah with the stim at the final checkpoint. Then the Pharah jumped up and did a rocket barrage and got like 4 kills and cleared the point and we won.

Naturally, she got the PotG for her multi-kill and not me, who empowered it. Is it even possible to get a PotG on Ana's ult? I feel like anytime anything happens, the credit will always go to the person doing the murderin', not to the person who empowered it.

For as much I see people saying 'support cant get potg' I see it all the time with mercy res's and lucio environment kills(I have seen sym and zeni get it for kills/healing too). Ana I get, as I play mei, and getting that cart pushed that 1 required meter because you ulted and froze an entire team and killed the only contester, and not getting potg is disheartening.

But no guys, its more important that reaper killed 2 people.

edit: Maybe they need to have a second person in the PotG intro. Including the support. But frankly I just expect it to be 2 dps classes then.

second edit: Yes I realize how unfeasible this actually is from a development and cost standpoint :)

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    None of this discussion matters, because once the PTR goes live, all POTGs will be Mercy.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    None of this discussion matters, because once the PTR goes live, all POTGs will be Mercy.

Is she weighted differently now? Or is this in jest or something? I see team revives being PotG kind of often, even without a buddy performing them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    None of this discussion matters.

Isn't this true of all discussion on internet forum boards? In what situation does a discussion really "matter" anyway?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    None of this discussion matters.

Isn't this true of all discussion on internet forum boards? In what situation does a discussion really "matter" anyway?

One time on the BioWare forums there was a thread discussing what Quarian sweat probably tastes like. Probably the most important discussion in the history of the entire internet.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

Is she weighted differently now? Or is this in jest or something? I see team revives being PotG kind of often, even without a buddy performing them.

if a team knows to die together a mercy 4-man rez will get potg most of the time

5-man rez is guaranteed potg except like, maybe a 6-kill reaper ult

edit: this has been true the whole time, it's just when mercy was strong we were all still learning and most mercy's just settled for 2- or 3-person rezzes because there was no coordination

and also because her ult charged so quickly you didn't need to wait for a big one

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It feels like there's no way to kill a Tracer as Ana if I land a sleep dart, unless their Recall is on cooldown. I've tried grenade into left-click and vice versa, but they always get to Recall before the left-click finishes ticking and kills them.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    It feels like there's no way to kill a Tracer as Ana if I land a sleep dart, unless their Recall is on cooldown. I've tried grenade into left-click and vice versa, but they always get to Recall before the left-click finishes ticking and kills them.

I imagine it's very similar to trying to kill her as Mercy or Lucio.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Left click into grenade+melee should do it, but then I'm not sure if that's possible with the melee tweaks in PTR. Left click does 80 in a little less than a second, grenade does 60, melee does 30 (total 170, meaning she dies before the dot finishes ticking), and they wake up I think .75 seconds after taking damage.
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Actually getting a kill with this is hard, but for those who don't know, it takes approximately 20 seconds for an arrow fired straight up to land. The main use of this is to fire a sonic arrow directly up right outside the attacker's spawn 20 seconds before the round starts to get a free heads-up on their comp and what path they're taking, while having another sonic arrow come off cooldown at the same to watch a flank or a further up choke.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    What if Sombra is more approached as a hacker; that her ult suddenly switches the blue names/friendly markers to red/enemy markers and vice versa, resulting in friendly fire for the opposing team?

In the heat of battle suddenly aiming at a red enemy who is actually your friend would be very hackerish...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Only scrubs need huds. The mk1 eyeball can't be hacked.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

Left click into grenade+melee should do it, but then I'm not sure if that's possible with the melee tweaks in PTR. Left click does 80 in a little less than a second, grenade does 60, melee does 30 (total 170, meaning she dies before the dot finishes ticking), and they wake up I think .75 seconds after taking damage.

If Tracer is holding the recall button while asleep, she recalls at the same time as the first instance of damage. Meaning that it's impossible to kill her before she recalls unless that very first instance of damage is 150 or more. It doesn't matter how fast you combo with Ana (even if it still can be combod on test), Tracer can get out of it if recall is up.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

If Tracer is holding the recall button while asleep, she recalls at the same time as the first instance of damage. Meaning that it's impossible to kill her before she recalls unless that very first instance of damage is 150 or more. It doesn't matter how fast you combo with Ana (even if it still can be combod on test), Tracer can get out of it if recall is up.

Not true. They added a delay to the wakeup, so if you do enough damage fast enough in the wakeup animation they can't escape. I *think* the left click -> grenade -> melee combo works on tracer.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    What if Sombra is more approached as a hacker; that her ult suddenly switches the blue names/friendly markers to red/enemy markers and vice versa, resulting in friendly fire for the opposing team?

In the heat of battle suddenly aiming at a red enemy who is actually your friend would be very hackerish...

I like it. Rather than one for one, though, I'd want it to pick three people on each team and switch them, so you're not just shooting blue names on reflex. I wonder if it would need some other effect on top of that, like even just a buff to or effect around Sombra herself while it's up.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    WhiteShark wrote: »

Not true. They added a delay to the wakeup, so if you do enough damage fast enough in the wakeup animation they can't escape. I *think* the left click -> grenade -> melee combo works on tracer.

There is no way of knowing if they are holding down the button the entire time or not but every instance I've put someone to sleep, as long as someone isn't waking the target up first, I can get the combo done before they've been able to trigger a defensive skill.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

I like it. Rather than one for one, though, I'd want it to pick three people on each team and switch them, so you're not just shooting blue names on reflex. I wonder if it would need some other effect on top of that, like even just a buff to or effect around Sombra herself while it's up.

Or, hey, who doesn't love randomized changes to control? What if affected enemies had their WASD shuffled and mouse inputs rotated anywhere between 60 and 300 degrees for a few seconds?

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular

Or, hey, who doesn't love randomized changes to control? What if affected enemies had their WASD shuffled and mouse inputs rotated anywhere between 60 and 300 degrees for a few seconds?

good god

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    hush wrote: »

good god

Touch Sombra, Get Rekt

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Only scrubs need huds. The mk1 eyeball can't be hacked.
    False. It can be hacked. Out.

Source: Sir Christopher Lee

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options

Oh awesome. I thought that change was a delay at the start of the sleep dart. As in, if you tranqd someone at the same time your teammate shot them, they would still fall asleep. Having an extra half second to do damage as they wake up is much better.

• Options

Oh awesome. I thought that change was a delay at the start of the sleep dart. As in, if you tranqd someone at the same time your teammate shot them, they would still fall asleep. Having an extra half second to do damage as they wake up is much better.

It also means you can basically guaranteed shoot someone twice while they're waking up.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Streetpig winning over moms worldwide.

http://karhall-the-karhall.tumblr.com/post/149480572893/my-mother-looks-at-overwatch-pt3-final

Wait, but he's the least favorite? She said he was a good guy!

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    are you kids kidding me about the hold E thing

why haven't i been told this ;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Streetpig winning over moms worldwide.

http://karhall-the-karhall.tumblr.com/post/149480572893/my-mother-looks-at-overwatch-pt3-final

Wait, but he's the least favorite? She said he was a good guy!
    It's a love/hate tug-of-war.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

That works for Roadhog's hook, as well.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

It's one of the first things I picked up while learning D.Va; whether you want to boost away ASAP or just put up your shield after being hooked/stunned/charged/sleeped/etc.

Mashing is for crazy people.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    ArcTangent wrote: »

It's one of the first things I picked up while learning D.Va; whether you want to boost away ASAP or just put up your shield after being hooked/stunned/charged/sleeped/etc.

well now that I know this game has input buffering a lot of my deaths make sense outside of latency or the fastest draws in the west.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

well now that I know this game has input buffering a lot of my deaths make sense outside of latency or the fastest draws in the west.

It's definitely not input buffering, at least as far as the term is used in fighting games. I don't know if it has some crazy alternative use in other things.

Actions (all actions) just trigger as soon as possible if you're holding the button.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Anyone know if they're going to drop patch before Season 2 goes live? I feel like letting people get used to the changes before playing new competitive would be the best thing for the players.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Zenyatta is now my favorite character and main. I just wish he has more interesting Emotes and stuff. Though Sunyatta is one of the best skin in the game so I can't complain too much.

• Options
    edited August 2016

It's definitely not input buffering, at least as far as the term is used in fighting games. I don't know if it has some crazy alternative use in other things.

Actions (all actions) just trigger as soon as possible if you're holding the button.

Hm I wasn't sure of another word for it. But that is fine too.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone know if they're going to drop patch before Season 2 goes live? I feel like letting people get used to the changes before playing new competitive would be the best thing for the players.

If they follow their regular pattern, it should come out on Tuesday.

... but who knows. Maybe they want to test the new map longer, or maybe we are days away from Sombra info and the ability to play her (him?) on test, which will take another 2 or 3 weeks to test.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Speaking of Sombra.
    ...Transmitiendo información a ómnicos activos... 5%

Hasn't really changed that much.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think Sombra has been referred to as a her by Reaper.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Yeah. In Dorado pre-game, one of his lines is "Where's Sombra when you need her?"

Devs have also referred to her as female.
    When asked about Sombra in an interview with Kotaku, Jeff Kaplan said, "I think people have learned that she’s a fun character for them to search and to learn more about and that, like the X-Files, the truth is out there. We’ll see what players discover over time. [...] I think that’s up to Sombra, to give you a cheeky answer. Sombra will let people know when she wants more to be known about her. She’s very good at that sort of thing.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

Yeah. In Dorado pre-game, one of his lines is "Where's Sombra when you need her?"

Night map. Stealth confirmed?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

Night map. Stealth confirmed?

A better argument for stealth is a bunch of voice lines added to PTR a month ago about detecting unseen enemies.

https://ow-31.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4sz7o8/i_extracted_some_of_the_audio_files_from_the/

Also provide a good argument for a Halloween event.

And possibly an Oktoberfest event.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Good games tonight! Slightly annoyed that I exited before checking my highlights but oh well.

This discussion has been closed.