Options

Everyone has a [Podcast]

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

He raised a little over $4k on a $1k goal

Also the top contributor is "Mom & Dad," so that's nice

I'm so glad that me and my wife have an understanding about Drew. Because just look at that.

No I don't.
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Be honest DeathofRats, were you the letter on the Beastcast?

In the mid 10's millennials would eagerly devour podcasts, as they were a free source of entertainment in increasing trying times. On one of the more popular "podcasts" Vincent the smooth talking city slicker would con earnest Midwestern Dan 'The Rube' Rycert with all matter of nonsense much to their listeners' delight.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I have a genuinely hard time imagining a mindset where you couldn't think of that

Sometimes I can't think of a word and the harder I try to think of it the worse I am at it

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    NeoToma wrote: »

In the mid 10's millennials would eagerly devour podcasts, as they were a free source of entertainment in increasing trying times. On one of the more popular "podcasts" Vincent the smooth talking city slicker would con earnest Midwestern Dan 'The Rube' Rycert with all matter of nonsense much to their listeners' delight.

I'm not sure which letter you're talking about, but if it was about both me and my wife having a free pass as far as Drew goes, then no, but yes?

In the ha ha celebrity free pass thing, not a serious creepy free pass. Drew is just a very good looking person.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man there are certainly some soundclips you could take out of this dead rising quicklook

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think Dan realizes that Frank West, by taking stuff out of stores to throw at zombies, is a looter.

No I don't.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Drew stop hogging all the handsome

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    NeoToma wrote: »

I'm not sure which letter you're talking about, but if it was about both me and my wife having a free pass as far as Drew goes, then no, but yes?

In the ha ha celebrity free pass thing, not a serious creepy free pass. Drew is just a very good looking person.
    No ill will meant, I only brought it up because on the beastcast either this week or last, someone mentioned having a pass for Drew Scanlon and the gang saying like "yo you can find that dude. He aint hiding, just roll up at pax like SUP"

NeoToma on
  • Options
    I wonder if drew would be into just holding me and my wife as we slowly fall asleep in his hansom arms.

Like, just that.

No I don't.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I wonder if drew would be into just holding me and my wife as we slowly fall asleep in his hansom arms.

Like, just that.

I don't think his arms resemble a two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage accommodating two inside, with the driver seated behind, but that's just me.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I bet Drew Scanlon smells like freshly cut firewood and just a hint of cinnamon

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I finished listening to this week's episode of Teenagers With Attitude. I feel good about season 2, I'm looking forward to more of it.
    What is happening with this opening
    "And also me! I'm here! Luke!"
    McElroy Power Rangers
    "We're gonna run this tight, except no, we already fucked it up, I'm sorry."
    "That's why we haven't had Molly on in a while. She's been very deep in the fetish mines."
    "Can I point out that I said my dick got attacked, and you guys were like, you're celebrating Halloween already? What the hell?"
    I thought I was ready for Lord Zedd, but I didn't even know about those tubes he has
    Oh god, they put the Dairanger zords into the Zyu2 footage? This show is such a mess
    I don't think Dairanger's suits would have really fit Power Rangers at this point
    I didn't know the X-Men cartoon was made in such a fucked up way
    "Look, as one of the hosts of the Digital Moncast, what is wrong with just sliding across the background exactly?"
    "We'll be nearly done with our show before you escape Might Morphin'." that's ridiculous
    "Given the way Bulk and Skull are dressed, I think this has to be the wasteland."
    It was really weird to see this show have kind of a budget
    "What if this is actually the only Motor Marathon and the children's hospital is called Fifth Annual?"
    "which I thought was a race, because if you were a human with normal expectations of how things operate, you would think it was a race, but it's not a race!"
    "Hi, Scorpina! Goodbye forever, Scorpina!"
    Goldar is really good in this episode
    I didn't notice that Jason had an earring, I'm not good at noticing things
    Dairanger also had a not-Imperial March, so it's nice that they did that here too
    "Simon, are you a flat moon truther?" "There aren't many of us, I'm building my own forum"
    "Hey, ahh, Rita, I gotta tell ya there, you really haven't been doing too good of a jerb."
    "You gotta scan as soon as you get there, or you're going to miss something, and you're not going to get that 100%."
    "Game gripes, game gripes, when you can miss some stuff it's kind of annoying"
    "A. Jason, you also have eyes, so I don't know why you had to have somebody else do that."
    "How many times has Zordon said, 'the thing I feared most has happened?'" I was thinking the same thing, he says that so much
    "Rita is like, kissing and spit-shining Lord Zedd's boots." "What the fuck did you invite me to?"
    "He should be bleeding everywhere, but this is a children's show." Simon said the last part of that really mockingly, which is important
    "Goddamnit, I left for a second and we're talking about dicks again."
    "There's no weather in California. That's canon."
    "The baes are on fleek."
    "I am very specifically getting very, very small."
    I'm so glad that Luke apparently randomly guessed what Zedd looked like after he became good
    "You've only just now realized this show is bullshit? We've been doing this for 61 weeks!"
    "but the bulk of this scene-" "And the Skull." "Is hiding behind the bushes. That's where the Bulk of this scene is."
    I don't know how Luke remembers all these things
    "What happened is, I know what me saying 'at this point' looks like in wave form, and that means I should probably stop saying it."
    "Thank you, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, for editing Rangerwiki."
    "My number one goal is to get the morphing grid theory onto Rangerwiki without putting it there myself." I hadn't thought of that before but now I really want this to happen
    "Oh wait, I don't have to be on the show. Yeah, no, go ahead and let Matt send in questiongs."
    I was thinking I was sure Rita had worse plans than these, but then I realized I was thinking of villain plans from Totally Spies
    "That's the only reason the universe is safe, that Luke and I are usually at each other's throats. That's the only reason humanity is allowed to continue."
    "Jesus fucking Christ, what was the end of that episode." "I don't know what happened at the end!"

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I bet Drew Scanlon smells like freshly cut firewood and just a hint of cinnamon

Also the leather of a used but well-maintained baseball glove.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Like, just that.

I don't think his arms resemble a two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage accommodating two inside, with the driver seated behind, but that's just me.

Well, if he eats spicy food...

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't think Dan realizes that Frank West, by taking stuff out of stores to throw at zombies, is a looter.

shoot these looters, then loot them

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    TAZ, above:
    That worm is about 95% too small. That thing was fucking terrifying.

Also, all caught up.

Yeah, it made me cry just a bit.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    fan art of the worm from taz
    Alaskan_bullworm.jpg

• Options
    I finished episode 11 of Digital Moncast. I felt like this was a pretty good one, maybe because everyone liked this episode of Digimon more than usual.
    "This is Silent Digi-hill."
    "Now I have to draw a pyramid with eyes and like sixteen belts." "And when it digivolves it turns into a sexier pyramid."
    "Imagine a pyramid with two smaller pyramids on one of the faces facing you."
    Alright, downloaded Digimon Heroes
    Okay, Digimon Heroes makes no sense, even though it is just Puzzle and Dragons
    "From like collarbone up- cool. Everything below that- nah, son."
    Wait, Kamen Rider Atsume, what
    "There is an entry on the Digimon Wiki for God." "Is it just Ryo?"
    Gomamon is really good
    "That was actually a Cratemon that he killed and gutted"
    "Have you punched a ghost?" Wait, is this Friends at the Table?
    "Shut up, I'm the host!" "Goddamnit, our attempt to improve his confidence backfired."
    "In that case, the food chain makes sense. Ghosts do prey on children."
    In the Japanese version, Gomamon says that they can definitely trick that Bakemon guard because Digimon who have snot bubbles when they sleep are dumb
    "He pulls out his bananas." "Woah, woah. Phrasing." "He whips out his bananas."
    "He parts the Kimonomon, so to speak."
    "It's a sexy lady under there, isn't it?" "Yup."
    "It's still a sexy lady. But now she's blue." "Yeah. And she has claw hands." "Well yeah, you said she was sexy."
    Jackie Chan Adventures and Bionicle were both great, these are some good references
    "I feel like I should mention at this point that the episode's over." I never know when this happens
    "Honestly, I just also like the phrase 'bone down on.'" "It's way better than just 'fuuuuuck.'"
    "No one should be a fan of me." Yes they should
    Ultra Level God Ultra Level
    "Are Power Rangers Digimon?" "...Yes."
    "Somehow we dived into the wiki and came out with something worthwhile."
    "It's one of the requirements for human survival. Food, shelter, and the Digimon wiki."

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    fanart of the worm from TAZ

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    TAZ
    tumblr_mv8lubCx3g1qfthy3o1_250.gif

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I finished listening to this week's episode of Teenagers With Attitude. I feel good about season 2, I'm looking forward to more of it.
    McElroy Power Rangers
    "That's why we haven't had Molly on in a while. She's been very deep in the fetish mines."
    "Can I point out that I said my dick got attacked, and you guys were like, you're celebrating Halloween already? What the hell?"
    I thought I was ready for Lord Zedd, but I didn't even know about those tubes he has
    Oh god, they put the Dairanger zords into the Zyu2 footage? This show is such a mess
    I don't think Dairanger's suits would have really fit Power Rangers at this point
    "Look, as one of the hosts of the Digital Moncast, what is wrong with just sliding across the background exactly?"
    "We'll be nearly done with our show before you escape Might Morphin'." that's ridiculous
    "Given the way Bulk and Skull are dressed, I think this has to be the wasteland."
    "What if this is actually the only Motor Marathon and the children's hospital is called Fifth Annual?"
    "which I thought was a race, because if you were a human with normal expectations of how things operate, you would think it was a race, but it's not a race!"
    Dairanger also had a not-Imperial March, so it's nice that they did that here too
    "Simon, are you a flat moon truther?" "There aren't many of us, I'm building my own forum"
    "Hey, ahh, Rita, I gotta tell ya there, you really haven't been doing too good of a jerb."
    "You gotta scan as soon as you get there, or you're going to miss something, and you're not going to get that 100%."
    "A. Jason, you also have eyes, so I don't know why you had to have somebody else do that."
    "How many times has Zordon said, 'the thing I feared most has happened?'" I was thinking the same thing, he says that so much
    "Rita is like, kissing and spit-shining Lord Zedd's boots." "What the fuck did you invite me to?"
    "He should be bleeding everywhere, but this is a children's show." Simon said the last part of that really mockingly, which is important
    "The baes are on fleek."
    I'm so glad that Luke apparently randomly guessed what Zedd looked like after he became good
    "You've only just now realized this show is bullshit? We've been doing this for 61 weeks!"
    "but the bulk of this scene-" "And the Skull." "Is hiding behind the bushes. That's where the Bulk of this scene is."
    "What happened is, I know what me saying 'at this point' looks like in wave form, and that means I should probably stop saying it."
    "My number one goal is to get the morphing grid theory onto Rangerwiki without putting it there myself." I hadn't thought of that before but now I really want this to happen
    "Oh wait, I don't have to be on the show. Yeah, no, go ahead and let Matt send in questiongs."
    I was thinking I was sure Rita had worse plans than these, but then I realized I was thinking of villain plans from Totally Spies
    "That's the only reason the universe is safe, that Luke and I are usually at each other's throats. That's the only reason humanity is allowed to continue."
    "Jesus fucking Christ, what was the end of that episode." "I don't know what happened at the end!"

Glad you liked it!

About the opening:
    I have wanted to do a 'roll call' like, since we started

I was really really happy we finally got to do so, I don't know if it was fun for listeners but it gave me a huge smile when it came together

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    McElroy Power Rangers
    "The baes are on fleek."

Glad you liked it!

About the opening:
    I have wanted to do a 'roll call' like, since we started

I was really really happy we finally got to do so, I don't know if it was fun for listeners but it gave me a huge smile when it came together

I definitely liked the opening, you did a good job with that.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I am about fifteen to twenty episodes behind on TAZ and all these spoilers are so daunting

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I am about fifteen to twenty episodes behind on TAZ and all these spoilers are so daunting

hold strong

also, catch up

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    People (Mainly Jeff) tweeting Alex minions merch remains one of my favorite goofs from the GB crew.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Part of the problem I have is that I need an hour's worth of active listening

It is v hard to multitask to TAZ, unlike MBMBAM or other podcasts

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Part of the problem I have is that I need an hour's worth of active listening

It is v hard to multitask to TAZ, unlike MBMBAM or other podcasts

You should be like me and have an hour+ commute to and from work every day!!!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

We all know Rome wasn't built in a day. But in the fake Hollywood adaptation, "Rome Wasn't Built in a Day," it's probably built over the course of a short montage set to peppy music, where it feels like it's built in 20 minutes.

That's one of the subtle lies movies and TV imprint on our minds- that monumental things can be achieved in relatively short periods of time or with relatively little effort. Doc Brown hits his head and comes up with the idea for a time machine, and the hardest part is sourcing plutonium from a crew of gullible Libyan terrorists. This myth of invention affects how we look at history too. In our minds, Thomas Edison is a guy who just pulled the idea for the light bulb out of thin air (or from about 3 inches above his head, right after he thought of it), but he's just the guy who happened to invent the best one.

These recurring myths are what we're talking about today. Jack O'Brien is joined by Cracked's Jason Pargin (aka David Wong) and Alex Schmidt to talk about this invention myth, why we mistakenly think the President controls the economy, how we assume that there are real-life criminals like movie criminals and why a bomb with a timer on it is the stupidest idea in the world.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Holy shit Fuku-san picking up that phone qualifies Shenmue for the survival horror genre.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    New Best of GB!

(it's all Shenmue)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlB6Q-qZNwQ

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Huh, so Yokosuka is a real place with a real Dobuita street. I wonder how close to reality Shenmue is...

Let's see, quite a few jeans stores, the jacket place! And what's this...

lh4v0f6n2gmo.jpg
    b3kbpqiiedir.jpg

Perfect. Just perfect.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Huh, so Yokosuka is a real place with a real Dobuita street. I wonder how close to reality Shenmue is...

Let's see, quite a few jeans stores, the jacket place! And what's this...

lh4v0f6n2gmo.jpg
    b3kbpqiiedir.jpg

Perfect. Just perfect.

Yeah that's where the pay phone is.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i just had a sudden, sweaty realization that in the intro to the latest roll for your lives we recorded, i referenced willy from bucky O'Hare but called him fucking billy

I really fucked up this time y'all

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    God damnit theo

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    i just had a sudden, sweaty realization that in the intro to the latest roll for your lives we recorded, i referenced willy from bucky O'Hare but called him fucking billy

I really fucked up this time y'all

It's not too late to cyberhack the files and fix your mistake, T-Floose

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    God damnit theo

those sharks over at podmass are gonna tear me apart

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    God damnit theo

those sharks over at podmass are gonna tear me apart

You've earned it this time, bud

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
This discussion has been closed.