Options

FUCK the DEA!

124678

Posts

  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    True addicts are a small subset of drug users. Much lke drinkers. Most people don't think about having a few drinks after work on a Friday. Very few of them are the guy carrying around flasks and passing out in gutters. Most drug users have lives and jobs. Drugs are recreation to them not a lifestyle. So let's stop pretending everyone who uses drugs is holding up convience stores and beating up old ladies just to ge thier fix.

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Not just data, but also logic. Not speculation, but logic..

    This is funny, because you're speculating that the logic you used is actually logical.

    KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    like a dead father. tugging heart strings be damned. If I had to grow up the rest of my life sans father because some fuck wad decided 'his choice' was more important then laws I'd be fucking pissed off.

    So you also endorse a ban on motorcycles.
    Xaquin wrote: »
    drugs are illegal. guns etc. are not. people shouldn't be getting killed over drugs because they shouldn't have them in the first place.

    And people don't get killed over things that are not drugs? Or they just don't get shot over things that are not drugs? And do you have some sort of evidence to back up that absurd claim?

    actualy I support a ban on everything.

    in the world.

    even me.

    even you.

    You wouldn't be being all snarky and sarcastic with me if you had ever seen what motorcycles do to a person. My mom was an ER nurse for a while, I've seen what motorcycles do to people and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and even though everyone knows that's what motorcycles do to people they're still legal just to protect some stupid shit-head's "right to choice". Imagine what it would be like to have to cancel your wedding because your wife tried to ride her motorcycle to the church. Why do you wish that on innocent people?

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    like a dead father. tugging heart strings be damned. If I had to grow up the rest of my life sans father because some fuck wad decided 'his choice' was more important then laws I'd be fucking pissed off.

    So you also endorse a ban on motorcycles.
    Xaquin wrote: »
    drugs are illegal. guns etc. are not. people shouldn't be getting killed over drugs because they shouldn't have them in the first place.

    And people don't get killed over things that are not drugs? Or they just don't get shot over things that are not drugs? And do you have some sort of evidence to back up that absurd claim?

    actualy I support a ban on everything.

    in the world.

    even me.

    even you.

    You wouldn't be being all snarky and sarcastic with me if you had ever seen what motorcycles do to a person. My mom was an ER nurse for a while, I've seen what motorcycles do to people and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and even though everyone knows that's what motorcycles do to people they're still legal just to protect some stupid shit-head's "right to choice". Imagine what it would be like to have to cancel your wedding because your wife tried to ride her motorcycle to the church. Why do you wish that on innocent people?

    I already support a ban on motorcycles.

    everything in the world.

    Xaquin on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Not just data, but also logic. Not speculation, but logic..

    This is funny, because you're speculating that the logic you used is actually logical.

    ....And to think! I used to wonder why sometimes the mods get snippy with people who disagree with them, even stupidly.

    But now I get it. They've been hitting their head against the same wall of retarded, day after day, hearing the same stupid, stupid arguments, day after day, never getting through to their opponents. Who are retarded.

    Seriously, shut the fuck up.

    Honestly. If you don't believe in the power of the human mind to evaluate shit with the aid of reasoning, comparisons, etc etc,

    ~ Then get the fuck out of the debate and discussion forum! ~

    sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can someone close this thread already? The pro-drug side has already resorted to personal attacks and it's only page 6.

    KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I already support a ban on motorcycles.

    everything in the world.

    Gawd you're such a sarcastic asshole. I can't believe you have so little regard for human life. Just by posting such sarcastic comments it's like you're murdering them yourself.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I already support a ban on motorcycles.

    everything in the world.

    Oh I see. You're naturally a poohead but now you're trolling on purpose to rub it in.

    :)

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    Can someone close this thread already? The pro-drug side has already resorted to personal attacks and it's only page 6.

    Actually, they haven't "resorted" to personal attacks, they've simply been appending their posts with insults. If you've ever posted in D&D before, you know that this is how things are done around here. I call ElJeffe a heartless baby-killer thirty times in a political thread and then we go chat friendly-like about how we feel Blondie was a better musician while Madonna was better at marketting and that that decided the paths of their respective careers. But I'm not sure you have posted in D&D before, since you haven't presented any arguments at all yet, just done a broken-record Mr. Mackey impression, which you ought to know just from the rules thread isn't really tolerated here. Douche.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    at this point it's just calling a spade a spade

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »
    at this point it's just calling a spade a spade

    Not really, show me one post of mine where I called anyone a name or personally attacked anyone.

    Aemiewhatever made the thread for the purpose of debating, a few people took the other side of the table (myself included), you didn't like how we argued, so you posted some generic stats about other countries, threw around some insults, then pulled back from the table.

    Good debate guys, now please will someone close this thread.

    KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    READ THE WHOLE THREAD!

    When did people stop giving a shit about evidence? Reason? Logic?

    I mean....I just....AGH!

    I'm really kind of going nuts.

    sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    ALocksly wrote: »
    at this point it's just calling a spade a spade

    Not really, show me one post of mine where I called anyone a name or personally attacked anyone.

    How 'bout if I point out a post where you're too retarded to understand the post you quoted and responded to instead?

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    Who can say, I don't think the Netherlands did a census on it for comparison.

    Please close this thread.

    KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    ALocksly wrote: »
    at this point it's just calling a spade a spade

    Not really, show me one post of mine where I called anyone a name or personally attacked anyone.

    Aemiewhatever made the thread for the purpose of debating, a few people took the other side of the table (myself included), you didn't like how we argued, so you posted some generic stats about other countries, threw around some insults, then pulled back from the table.

    Good debate guys, now please will someone close this thread.

    He's illiterate guys! Not retarded! We figured it out!

    At least, that's the only logical assumption, because what you decribed in fact never fucking happened.

    Also, it's generally a good idea not to boss the mods around. At any forum. Ever.

    sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    Sex is a little different than finding and purchasing something illegal.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    Wait... you didn't?


    Shit, I entered this godforsaken thread.


    My stance: Drugs're bad, mmmmkay? BUT being a controlling idiot who puts styrofoam pads on every goddamn sharp metal edge life has to offer is even worse.

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    Good debate guys, now please will someone close this thread.

    If you don't like this thread, you can stop posting in it. You don't get to tell the mods what to do, fuckstick.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    Sex is a little different than finding and purchasing something illegal.

    Except that finding and then purchasing sex IS illegal.

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    People are resorting to personal attacks becauwe one side is supplying no actual arguemetns to talk about. it's like trying to debate politics with a someone who only want to talk about bannana creme pie. It gets frustrating very quickly

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    Good debate guys, now please will someone close this thread.

    If you don't like this thread, you can stop posting in it. You don't get to tell the mods what to do, fuckstick.

    Good point, I guess he's retarded, too.

    sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    When sodomy was legalized, did everyone run right out to butt-fuck their buddies as soon as they heard the news?

    Sex is a little different than finding and purchasing something illegal.

    However a recreational activity is very similar to a recreational activity.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »

    Please close this thread.

    HOW'S THAT GOOD OFFENSE GOING FOR YOU, COWBOY?

    bang-bang

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    ALocksly wrote: »
    at this point it's just calling a spade a spade

    Not really, show me one post of mine where I called anyone a name or personally attacked anyone.

    Aemiewhatever made the thread for the purpose of debating, a few people took the other side of the table (myself included), you didn't like how we argued, so you posted some generic stats about other countries, threw around some insults, then pulled back from the table.

    Good debate guys, now please will someone close this thread.


    I haven't insulted anybody

    I posted relevant research concerning the legality off drugs from places where it was done

    including the US

    The way you "debate" would be to point out why the info I provided doesn't apply to this problem or is somehow flawed, not just keep repeating, "yeahbutno"

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah this level of retardedness is really, I mean at this point it's just, really too much. I think part of the problem is that most people have been smacked around the head by the media with scare stories to the point they can't grasp the actual realities of the situation. When I started my dissertation I was the same. I thought we should legalise a few drugs, like E, cannabis, LSD and magic mushrooms, but when I saw the damage that was done by continued prohibition I started to see the argument for legalisation.

    The biggest jump for me was accepting that heroin was actually quite safe and while addictive, nowhere near the scale I thought. I suppose this is just what happens when you try and ask people to look at something in a different way when they've looked at it one way their whole lives. I only see one side of this argument actually using facts and studies. The other is using the tactic of "pooh pooh". I edited my post earlier but now I really feel comfortable saying it. You're just being cunts.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Randomtask wrote: »
    KNYTE wrote: »

    Please close this thread.

    HOW'S THAT GOOD OFFENSE GOING FOR YOU, COWBOY?

    bang-bang

    :lol:, did we cross swords in the gun control thread? I don't recall. :)

    KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • Options
    WevsWevs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    Wevs on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually arguing that drug use would not increase if drugs were legalized and regulated by the government? That's frigging ridiculous.

    Though controversial even in Switzerland, the heroin prescription program has helped reduce drug-related crime, improve addicts' health and slow the spread of AIDS and hepatitis.
    "The results were remarkable. Seventy per cent of addicts remained in the treatment programme and went on to methadone programmes or detox programmes and became drug free," says Mr Loecher. "While in the programme, their health situation improved, physically and mentally, their social integration improved, their criminal activity decreased significantly and overall the outcome was that they could be stabilised, they could hold jobs and they went back into society."
    National prohibition of alcohol (1920-33)--the "noble experiment"--was undertaken to reduce crime and corruption, solve social problems, reduce the tax burden created by prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and hygiene in America. The results of that experiment clearly indicate that it was a miserable failure on all counts. The evidence affirms sound economic theory, which predicts that prohibition of mutually beneficial exchanges is doomed to failure
    The lessons of Prohibition remain important today. They apply not only to the debate over the war on drugs but also to the mounting efforts to drastically reduce access to alcohol and tobacco and to such issues as censorship and bans on insider trading, abortion, and gambling.
    Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant.

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    KNYTE wrote: »
    Randomtask wrote: »
    KNYTE wrote: »

    Please close this thread.

    HOW'S THAT GOOD OFFENSE GOING FOR YOU, COWBOY?

    bang-bang

    :lol:, did we cross swords in the gun control thread? I don't recall. :)

    No, because I'm not too sure how I feel about gun control.

    That's a different debate, but I'll summarize: The widespread distribution of guns is extremely dangerous, because the potential for death is so high. If nuclear weapons were cheap and easy to produce, I sure as hell wouldn't agree with having one in every home "for protection."

    However, the right and ability of good and honest individuals to defend themselves against aggressors should not be impuned. The problem is that most good and honest individuals don't want a gun anyway. The fucking psycho gun nuts who go out into the woods and shoot deer with high-powered rifles from hundreds of yards away and call that "hunting" are the d-bags who want guns.

    So really, I don't know how exactly to tackle the situation.

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wevs wrote: »
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    Meth labs are funny when they blow up.

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Locksly:
    The first quote is talking about crime, the second talks about health related matters, and the third talks about alcohol, which completely different culturally from different from drugs for one thing, and for another, it doesn't say anything about the consumption of alcohol relative to when the Prohibition was lifted.

    I was talking about actual drug use.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    WevsWevs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Randomtask wrote: »
    Wevs wrote: »
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    Meth labs are funny when they blow up.

    I mean this.
    Because unlike even heroin, it has significant short-term mental effects that more often than not include extreme recklessness and aggression. Along with crack, its effects are the most dangerous posed by any drug, anywhere, ever.

    Wevs on
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wevs wrote: »
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    I haven't tried either form, but by meth do you mean speed or crystal? Speeds nothing, but crystal, from yeah, what I've read, is fucking insane. You don't get sites like Life or Meth about cannabis, or, as far as I've seen, heroin/cocaine. I am willing to accept, however, that my view of meth has possibly been adulterated by scare stories.


    Also can I just point out that numerous studies have shown that nicotine is as addictive as heroin and cocaine.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wevs wrote: »
    Randomtask wrote: »
    Wevs wrote: »
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    Meth labs are funny when they blow up.

    I mean this.
    Because unlike even heroin, it has significant short-term mental effects that more often than not include extreme recklessness and aggression. Along with crack, its effects are the most dangerous posed by any drug, anywhere, ever.

    Well, yeah, I was actually thinking about the posters I used to see in the Headquarters building by the career planner that didn't really say anything about the drug itself, but focused on meth labs blowing up. The disfigurement was pretty awful.

    Which actually supports your question, because I still don't know shit about the drug.

    Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh wow I just remembered. I had a dream about taking meth last night and the music was terrible.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Locksly:
    The first quote is talking about crime, the second talks about health related matters, and the third talks about alcohol, which completely different culturally from different from drugs for one thing, and for another, it doesn't say anything about the consumption of alcohol relative to when the Prohibition was lifted.

    I was talking about actual drug use.

    see guys THIS is how one debates

    also:
    Switzerland's lead is being followed by a small but growing number of countries disillusioned with "zero-tolerance" U.S. drug polices. That has put the Swiss at odds with the U.S. government, which criticizes the Swiss approach and maintains that "drug use is widespread" among the country's 7.1-million people.
    However, the United States' own figures belie that claim. According to the State Department's latest report on global drug trends, marijuana is by far the most commonly used drug here yet is smoked by less than 8 percent of all Swiss -- a rate not out of line with other Western European countries and the United States.

    edit: linky
    McCaffrey asserted that drug abuse problems in The Netherlands are "enormous" (Associated Press, July 13, 1998). In fact, the Dutch have no more drug problems than most neighboring countries which do not have "liberal" drug policies. Further, by virtually all measures the Dutch have less drug use and abuse than the U.S. — from a lower rate of marijuana use among teens to a lower rate of heroin addiction among adults.

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Locksly:
    The first quote is talking about crime, the second talks about health related matters, and the third talks about alcohol, which completely different culturally from different from drugs for one thing, and for another, it doesn't say anything about the consumption of alcohol relative to when the Prohibition was lifted.

    I was talking about actual drug use.

    see guys THIS is how one debates

    also:
    Switzerland's lead is being followed by a small but growing number of countries disillusioned with "zero-tolerance" U.S. drug polices. That has put the Swiss at odds with the U.S. government, which criticizes the Swiss approach and maintains that "drug use is widespread" among the country's 7.1-million people.
    However, the United States' own figures belie that claim. According to the State Department's latest report on global drug trends, marijuana is by far the most commonly used drug here yet is smoked by less than 8 percent of all Swiss -- a rate not out of line with other Western European countries and the United States.

    edit: linky
    McCaffrey asserted that drug abuse problems in The Netherlands are "enormous" (Associated Press, July 13, 1998). In fact, the Dutch have no more drug problems than most neighboring countries which do not have "liberal" drug policies. Further, by virtually all measures the Dutch have less drug use and abuse than the U.S. — from a lower rate of marijuana use among teens to a lower rate of heroin addiction among adults.

    You're missing a lurking variable. You see, the Dutch are magical people.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wevs wrote: »
    Have you tried meth, Nexus, or are your negative opinions of it based on media scare stories.

    Nope never done it. Done other illegal drugs. Comapring one to the other is really apples and oranges. Crystal Meth is from what I gather a very nasty drug. Honestly never met anyone who uses it either.

    nexuscrawler on
Sign In or Register to comment.