As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    You piss on a water nymph one time...!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I had a friend that was afraid to cross running water.

He was in daylight so it was just some weird fear.

They do say that you can't cross the same river twice

Maybe he was worried about being trapped in some kind of travelling salesman puzzle where he ends up trapped on an island for ever

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    UdFmGwV.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I've got sinus surgery coming up on Tuesday. They're going to carve out a whole mess of polyp tissue, including a bit where they're going to go up through my upper gums to roto-root one of my cheek sinuses. They're also going to cut bits off the cartilage that separates my nasal sinuses and grind down some bony bits in there.

Right now I'm trying to convince myself that we'd definitely be able to tell the difference between an anesthetic that actually prevented you feeling pain and one that was just a really effective paralytic that also caused temporary anterograde amnesia.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    You piss off a water nymph one time...!

You gotta call her back next day man.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    man, I wish Vampires were real and one would Sire me.

Ugh we don't call it sired we call it awakening

They. They call it awakening

Fool, MAGES call it the Awakening.

Vampires have the Masquerade.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I had a friend that was afraid to cross running water.

He was in daylight so it was just some weird fear.

Does your friend ride a horse and carry a lit jack-o-lantern in place of his missing head? If so I can help him with this problem he has if he wants to meet me and my friends somewhere. 🚫👻

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

One day I'd like to make a story about Vampires that hate vampire fiction because it's not accurate at all and they actually live like vagrants in abandoned buildings because modern society makes feeding and living normally impossible

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

One day I'd like to make a story about Vampires that hate vampire fiction because it's not accurate at all and they actually live like vagrants in abandoned buildings because modern society makes feeding and living normally impossible

IIRC Supernatural had an episode with Vampires abusing the Twilight craze to find victims.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    What We Do in the Shadows is a good vampire show.

• Options
    What We Do in the Shadows is a good vampire show.

It is they just throw every vampire myth in a blender which is fun

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I've got sinus surgery coming up on Tuesday. They're going to carve out a whole mess of polyp tissue, including a bit where they're going to go up through my upper gums to roto-root one of my cheek sinuses. They're also going to cut bits off the cartilage that separates my nasal sinuses and grind down some bony bits in there.

Right now I'm trying to convince myself that we'd definitely be able to tell the difference between an anesthetic that actually prevented you feeling pain and one that was just a really effective paralytic that also caused temporary anterograde amnesia.

Doctors used to paralyze, but not anaesthetize, babies for surgery because it was thought that they were too undeveloped to feel pain. Nowadays we think that's horrifying, because yes of course they can feel pain, wtf? Even though they won't remember it later.

Why is it any different to do that to an adult? Honest question. Severe pain still has neurobiological consequences even if you don't remember it, right?

edit: replaced link with a better one

Calica on
  • Options
    I guess I will get some candy if someone comes to my door.

Tootsie rolls.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh, man. I just found a spooky haunted photo that I made for the county fair when I was like 14:

dnn7k0mt8mkn.png

Chilling!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I don't see a giant screaming cowboy in the background. 2.3/10.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I don't see a giant screaming cowboy in the background. 2.3/10.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Bonus points for the Howie Scream.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    For a second I thought two of the ones peeking around the schoolhouse were Lenny and Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley and I was about to laugh so hard about it

• Options
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    the newest episode of buzzfeed unsolved is pretty good! POSSIBLE FBA!

• Options
    Yeah. Ryan was flipping out in the prizon.

• Options
    I just like it when these people say they captured a full body apperition in a video or in a photo and there is barely anything there.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the newest episode of buzzfeed unsolved is pretty good! POSSIBLE FBA!

xxnq7fp78x86.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    This one is creepy.
    https://youtu.be/xBoKesAQFHU

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Sick, I love watching 2 minute Audible advertisements in every youtube video. This shit is fucking horrifying.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sick, I love watching 2 minute Audible advertisements in every youtube video. This shit is fucking horrifying.

Ublock Origin. Just whitelist channels/sites you don't mind watching ads for if it'll earn them revenue.

• Options
    Not much horror on this one, just a guy that likes to live in haunted apartments.
    https://youtu.be/hd_m2RevjPA

• Options
    Going through spooky video game easter egg compilations is always a fun time. I always like it when spooky stuff shows up in ostensibly nonspooky games.

• Options

Ublock Origin. Just whitelist channels/sites you don't mind watching ads for if it'll earn them revenue.

I'm not talking about actual youtube placed advertisements. You clearly didn't click on the video and spend 2 minutes listening to the guy yammer about Audible!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

I'm not talking about actual youtube placed advertisements. You clearly didn't click on the video and spend 2 minutes listening to the guy yammer about Audible!

I mean... Sponsored videos mean the creator gets paid directly instead of relying on YouTubes inscrutable monetization system and it also means they get to choose who advertises on their videos instead of just being assigned an ad based on YouTube's algorithm

The only other way creators have of controlling their own income is Patreon, which is dependent on how many patrons you can get.

Sponsored videos are way way way better than YouTube monetized videos.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Also you can just cue right past the talky sponsored ad bit, it's easy.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTZ8LjKBZdA

I heard if you watch all that with the sound on you'll vividly dream your own eventual death but you wont remember it after

• Options
    Also you can just cue right past the talky sponsored ad bit, it's easy.

Maybe for people with hands.

• Options
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Those EVP radio scanners are just wonderful pareadolia machines

• Options
    I think you mean "talking to ghost" machines