As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pumpkin Faces In the Night - I Remember [Halloween]

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    We used to do all of our Halloween parties here. Even when I wasn't living here. It was a blast.

Back in the day we used to do this really elaborate game of zombies. And those got kinda too big to manage? Like thirty people running around in the dark woods ended up with some serious scrapes. And some folks got a little *too* into it like locking people on the roof or someone accidentally putting their hand through a window.

So I kinda had to stop hosting those.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What the hell kind of skull is that

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Fake.

• Options
    Yeah. I'm going to guess an old Halloween decoration drug out by a dog or some old toy of mine. Though it's got a heavy sort of golf ball feel. Kinda neat.

Though when we found it covered in mud and what not, it looked shockingly real.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    son that's a bonafide goblin skull

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    A few years back I had a Halloween gathering with some friends at a cabin by the lake. We strung up some skeleton lights and got drunk and played a now-infamous game of Call of Cuthulhu: Delta Green.

Our mixed team of doctors, civilians, and former military landed in a blizzard in Muncie, Indiana during the coldest winter in record, just beating out the storm. We were to investigate strange behavior at a local college's Greek society.

Instead we holed up in an airport bar called "Kokomo" and bitched about the assignment and got hammered and eventually switched over to Apples-to-Apples which I like to believe we played in-character.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Looks like the kind that would show up in an Evil Dead movie.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm super thankful there isn't a mounted deer head in this cabin.

Granted I suppose a mounted bear head isn't much better.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm super thankful there isn't a mounted deer head in this cabin.

Granted I suppose a mounted bear head isn't much better.

Rig it up with lights or sounds or something

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Check to be sure nothing's hidden in the bear head.

Then hide something in the bear head because come on there should be something in there.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I went as him two halloweens ago

it was worth it for the like... two people who got the reference

This is

A very good idea

also, underneath the pumpkin mask i had a skeleton mask

and a bugle

https://youtu.be/kmqOV4JkRcs

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am on call halloween weekend i just found out.

i won't be able to do shit

i blame sandra

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

i blame sandra

I asked for time off surrounding Halloween two weeks ago

Looks like you weren't in the game

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I'm taking the last week of October off to go to MICE in Boston, so I also have Halloween off and I'm thinking of maybe, maybe, going to Salem for the day

Not sure if I want to dress up as anything or just, like, walk around

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

i blame sandra

I asked for time off surrounding Halloween two weeks ago

Looks like you weren't in the game

lol @ me ever getting time off with that short notice

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Halloween is the same day every year, man.

Really, that blows, though.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    i can't predict who will quit and get hired

if i want time off, i gotta plan insanely ahead of time

i went from being on call every four weeks to every three when my.boss quit this month. so, i.shoulda been off. but, surprise! not any more!

never become management

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

i blame sandra

fair enough.

but hey if you want to watch dumb shit in the morning that weekend and get drunk with me while I pregame I'm in.

Also guys I just have zero costume ideas. And also zero friends here to go out with, but one of my old friends from Seoul will be in town so at least that's not an issue.

My Halloween spirit is low in 2016, y'all. :sad:

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    EEEEK!

• Options
    Sandra, I'll think on some costume ideas for you

Do you have any generalized directions you want to head in for costumes? Spooky/funny/sexy?

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    sexy joker

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    never won't repost this

sexyhalloween.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I want to dress up as a Dracula, but we had exactly one set of three little tykes ring our doorbell last year.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    gonna be lonely shirtless kool aid man this year

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    So the host of the radio show I used to work on throws a giant Halloween party every year. Like super huge. I've only been to one, and last year it was about a forty minute line for drinks each time. Which, I totally enjoy a big crazy bash but even I have my limits.

This year he has a twenty dollar entrance fee to the party. This covers the fare for a personal bus that takes you to an underground party venue followed by the same forty minute wait for overpriced booze not covered by your entry fee. Also a hellacious taxi home situation.

After moving an hour and a half out of town I'm not going through that rodeo and want to host my own shindig. However, my cabin is an hour and a half from potential guests. However, your booze costs will also be minimal since you bring your own. And it's like a straight Evil Dead cabin which is perfect for Halloween.

Thoughts on making this the more appealing option?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I'm also not a dj or plan to have them.

Which is probably both a pro and a con.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Do you have any generalized directions you want to head in for costumes? Spooky/funny/sexy?

No direction I want to head. Not feeling like sexy is an option this year, though.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Sexy Donald trump

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    So the host of the radio show I used to work on throws a giant Halloween party every year. Like super huge. I've only been to one, and last year it was about a forty minute line for drinks each time. Which, I totally enjoy a big crazy bash but even I have my limits.

This year he has a twenty dollar entrance fee to the party. This covers the fare for a personal bus that takes you to an underground party venue followed by the same forty minute wait for overpriced booze not covered by your entry fee. Also a hellacious taxi home situation.

After moving an hour and a half out of town I'm not going through that rodeo and want to host my own shindig. However, my cabin is an hour and a half from potential guests. However, your booze costs will also be minimal since you bring your own. And it's like a straight Evil Dead cabin which is perfect for Halloween.

Thoughts on making this the more appealing option?

Invite me

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016

No direction I want to head. Not feeling like sexy is an option this year, though.

I've been trying to persuade someone to go as the Mari Lwyd for years, this might finally be it!
    mari_lwyd_hero.jpg

mari-lwyd-765673912-1792080.jpg

dscf7285.jpg

dead horses might be too sexy though?

tynic on
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @Lost Salient
    Costume Idea:
    Cowboy Boots
    Jeans
    Cowboy Hat
    Sherriff/Law Enforcement Badge
    Karate Gi
    Lightsaber

Skywalker: Texas Ranger.

Karrde1842 on
  • Options
    It always happens at around this time of year.

Tynic brings up Mari Lwyd and argues that someone should dress up as it until she's blue in the face but no one ever does and they say they never will. She has the materials and she'll sell it cheap, but never any takers. It's just not in Tynic's character to stop flogging a dead horse.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I've been trying to persuade someone to go as the Mari Lwyd for years, this might finally be it!
    mari_lwyd_hero.jpg

dscf7285.jpg

Yesss

Yesssssss

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Halloween is not the same as Christmas, Nic

You can't wassail at Halloween. It would be wrong.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I mean New Year's Eve is the best though.

Mostly because it means everyone is drunk on my birthday.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Halloween is Ghost Christmas though

• Options
    Hm.

You may have a good point there.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

mari_lwyd_hero.jpg

dscf7285.jpg

'nic, you are too kind

more of a ghost in the ephemeral sense, really

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I'm debating asking for Halloween off this year. (Cause otherwise my work's over prime spooky time) For once, I wouldn't be scaring the kids from our Haunted House scenery, but instead "Keeping the ghosts at bay" with my Ghostbuster equipment. Could be a fun change of pace.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra